HarlemHeat37
10-27-2010, 08:36 PM
airballed 2 free throws in a row..

lefty
10-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Crofl

4>0rings
10-27-2010, 11:40 PM
It's only funny if you didn't expect this.

lefty
10-27-2010, 11:41 PM
Lol

Killakobe81
10-27-2010, 11:44 PM
airballed 2 free throws in a row..

GTFO!!!

no lie i did it once (airballed a FT in a game)
I was checking out a cheerleader that I was talking to and another girl i dated was in the stands as well. I thought I was hot shit smiled at them both and airballed the FT ... but two in a row? Wow.

Darrin
10-27-2010, 11:44 PM
9,863 blocks, 2,032 blocks, and 1,268 steals. Of the active players, only Tim Duncan and Shaquille O'Neal have 10,000 and 2,000. He's the 16th best shot-blocker in league history. What's scary is that Ben has had injuries and was a bench-warmer his first three years in the league.

AussieFanKurt
10-27-2010, 11:48 PM
Not a surprise really. Maybe this would be a surprise in ray ray did

HarlemHeat37
10-27-2010, 11:49 PM
How is airballing on 2 consecutive trips to the FT line not a surprise? :lol..if you're an NBA player, you can't do that..

Darrin
10-27-2010, 11:50 PM
How is airballing on 2 consecutive trips to the FT line not a surprise? :lol..if you're an NBA player, you can't do that..

Cough It's not his first time Cough

Killakobe81
10-27-2010, 11:50 PM
9,863 blocks, 2,032 blocks, and 1,268 steals. Of the active players, only Tim Duncan and Shaquille O'Neal have 10,000 and 2,000. He's the 16th best shot-blocker in league history. What's scary is that Ben has had injuries and was a bench-warmer his first three years in the league.

No doubt one of the best defenders of this era. With Rasheed at his side only the spurs was in the pistons class defensively when Wallace was in his prime. If the perimeter d was bit better i would say they were better than the bulls too. I like the pistons interior defense better, but perimeter wise i think Bulls were better. Wallace is a better defender than Bulls era rodman. I dont know if he is better than pistons era Rodman ...but he was a better defensive team anchor. that is a good debate though. you are a Pistons fan ...what do you think?
Pistons rodman vs. prime Wallace?

Darrin
10-27-2010, 11:57 PM
No doubt one of the best defenders of this era. With Rasheed at his side only the spurs was in the pistons class defensively when Wallace was in his prime. If the perimeter d was bit better i would say they were better than the bulls too. I like the pistons interior defense better, but perimeter wise i think Bulls were better. Wallace is a better defender than Bulls era rodman. I dont know if he is better than pistons era Rodman ...but he was a better defensive team anchor. that is a good debate though. you are a Pistons fan ...what do you think?
Pistons rodman vs. prime Wallace?

Wallace. Both can guard all over the floor, but Rodman was a utility player. Ben Wallace was Hakeem Olajuwon without the offense. I'm not saying he maintained that level or that I would take Big Ben over Hakeem. But that is how big he played--as a dominant seven-footer and he did it every night. In Chicago Rodman was dominant. In Detroit, he was just as effective and as needed as John Salley or Bill Laimbeer. No, that's not an insult. He was more of a perimeter threat defensively. I remember (and still have) some of his games against Jordan and Rodman was all over the place.

Wallace was perfect on the pick-and-roll; he seemed to know every player's tendencies. He could show on a screen, bother the ball-handler, and get back to his man in fractions of a second. It takes 2 guys to do what he was doing with team defense.

I'm not a homer. I miss seeing him in an era where a big could actually make contact. Because he never did. He didn't hack at your hand hoping that the refs wouldn't notice. He didn't tie you up because he couldn't stop you. He made genuine plays for the basketball on every possession. I don't think I'll ever see a player like that again. Ever. Just amazing.

Killakobe81
10-28-2010, 12:13 AM
Wallace. Both can guard all over the floor, but Rodman was a utility player. Ben Wallace was Hakeem Olajuwon without the offense. I'm not saying he maintained that level or that I would take Big Ben over Hakeem. But that is how big he played--as a dominant seven-footer and he did it every night. In Chicago Rodman was dominant. In Detroit, he was just as effective and as needed as John Salley or Bill Laimbeer. No, that's not an insult. He was more of a perimeter threat defensively. I remember (and still have) some of his games against Jordan and Rodman was all over the place.

Wallace was perfect on the pick-and-roll; he seemed to know every player's tendencies. He could show on a screen, bother the ball-handler, and get back to his man in fractions of a second. It takes 2 guys to do what he was doing with team defense.

I'm not a homer. I miss seeing him in an era where a big could actually make contact. Because he never did. He didn't hack at your hand hoping that the refs wouldn't notice. He didn't tie you up because he couldn't stop you. He made genuine plays for the basketball on every possession. I don't think I'll ever see a player like that again. Ever. Just amazing.

Great post. I think rodman was a dominant reboundes in chicago but his defense slipped IMHO. Wallace was great defender and you are right I dont recall him resorting to Battier, Bowen or Mahorn type tactics to do it.
Rodman in the pistons did a great job on almost everyone EXCEPT James worthy ...now i didnt see every pistons game regular season back then ...but in the playoffs he harrassed Bird, Jordan and pippen with ease. Wallace was just an overall rebounding shot blocking menace ...rodman got boards and was grat at taking a charge but could not block shots.

Juanobili
10-28-2010, 12:25 AM

Soooo 11,895 blocks?

Jose Canseco
10-28-2010, 12:45 AM
If you get paid millions of dollars to play basketball professionally, you should be able to shoot free throws at a respectable clip, at least like 60-65%. I think hack-a-Ben strategy is chickenshit but if you're going to shoot 40% from the free throw line, you deserve to get intentionally hacked like that.

AussieFanKurt
10-28-2010, 01:52 AM
If you get paid millions of dollars to play basketball professionally, you should be able to shoot free throws at a respectable clip, at least like 60-65%. I think hack-a-Ben strategy is chickenshit but if you're going to shoot 40% from the free throw line, you deserve to get intentionally hacked like that.

Well said, most people who play basketball with semi-respectable skill in a local basketball comp hits better than 40%

Darrin
10-28-2010, 11:27 AM
Soooo 11,895 blocks?

:lol

9,863 rebounds, 2,032 blocks, and 1,268 steals.

hater
10-28-2010, 11:29 AM
well Big Ben's got a ring.

how many does Lebron have?

Juanobili
10-29-2010, 02:53 AM
yeah man, the only non-Spur jersey I own is a Big Ben jersey

(well it helped that I got it mad cheap on eBay haha)