PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin has arrived

peskypesky
10-27-2010, 09:52 PM
be afraid. be very very afraid. two flying one-handed jams in about 15 seconds. dude jumps a foot higher than everyone else around him.

Jose Canseco
10-27-2010, 09:53 PM
maui wowie

he's got like LeBron/Josh Smith athleticism in Dwight Howard's body... he's scary

peskypesky
10-27-2010, 09:56 PM
dude is gong to be so exciting to watch. the dunking ability of Amare Stoudamire, but with so much more game and brains.

Darthkiller
10-27-2010, 09:56 PM
Blake Griffin is already a top 10 player in the league

kamikazi_player
10-27-2010, 09:57 PM
lol, he's a cool player, I actually think he's going to win ROY with Turner a close 2nd.

TinTin
10-27-2010, 10:05 PM
Somewhere BUMP is trying to pay tribute to David Carradine after watching Griffin

NRHector
10-27-2010, 10:06 PM
lol, he's a cool player, I actually think he's going to win ROY with Turner a close 2nd.

I don't think he's a rookie

Gutter92
10-27-2010, 10:10 PM
I don't think he's a rookie

As he hasn't played a single game in an NBA season because of injuries, he is considered a rookie, and can win ROY this year.

Pistons < Spurs
10-27-2010, 10:13 PM
Clippers just became one of my favorite teams.

This is going to a great era of bball. The quality of these young guys that have joined the league the last couple of years is really exciting. Blake, D-Rose, Curry, Tyreke, Durant, Westbrook, Wall, Cousins, Lopez etc etc etc

I Love This Game!

21_Blessings
10-27-2010, 10:18 PM
:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

21_Blessings
10-27-2010, 10:18 PM
He's a beast. Only thing stopping him is another injury. lol Oden.

The Clippers season still hinges on Baron though. If he can return to 07 form then the Clips will be making some noise.

sribb43
10-27-2010, 10:20 PM
Beast mode

peskypesky
10-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Tim Muthafucking Duncan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oops. wrong thread.

but 23 pts, 12 boards and 4 blocks is pretty dope for a guy who was past his prime 5 seasons ago.

midnightpulp
10-27-2010, 10:24 PM
This kid is something.

picc84
He has pre-surgery Amare athleticism. And thats after his own goddamn surgery.

Baseline
Dude is sick. Love him.

After one quarter as an NBA player, this guy already has a highlight reel. And I'm not kidding.

peskypesky
10-27-2010, 10:25 PM
Dude is sick. Love him.

After one quarter as an NBA player, this guy already has a highlight reel. And I'm not kidding.

dude had 2 Dunks of the Night in the first minute of his career! lol

kamikazi_player
10-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Yep he's really looking good. I hope B Diddy doesn't ruin his momemtum if he plays like this throughout this season.

sefant77
10-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Who cares if he is stuck for years with the Clippers...

midnightpulp
10-27-2010, 10:28 PM

Clippers have tons of potential. Eric Gordon, Chris Kaman. Once they shed Baron and deepen their bench, this team will make some noise.

picc84
10-27-2010, 10:29 PM

You should, since the Clippers could probably beat the Mavs.

Texas_Ranger
10-27-2010, 10:31 PM
All the bad team in the nba have a lot of potential.

midnightpulp
10-27-2010, 10:31 PM
You should, since the Clippers could probably beat the Mavs.

Don't even being trying to rep the Clips, Lakerfan. They're for us LA residents with integrity.

duncan228
10-27-2010, 10:33 PM
I'm in Southern California and looking forward to all the coverage on him. He's fun to watch.

picc84
10-27-2010, 10:38 PM
Don't even being trying to rep the Clips, Lakerfan. They're for us LA residents with integrity.

lol 1000 Laker threads

sefant77
10-27-2010, 10:39 PM
Clippers have tons of potential. Eric Gordon, Chris Kaman. Once they shed Baron and deepen their bench, this team will make some noise.

Yes but Sterling cheap out on the bench, they miss real depth...

HarlemHeat37
10-27-2010, 10:40 PM
The Kings have pretty good potential too..

The bottom of the West is coming up, other than Minnesota..

LongtimeSpursFan
10-27-2010, 10:42 PM
In three years all those Laker lovers with Kobe jerseys are going to jump off that bandwagon and onto the Clipper Express.

mytespurs
10-27-2010, 10:43 PM
I'm in Southern California and looking forward to all the coverage on him. He's fun to watch.

So am I. I'm watching the game now; hopefully this will be the start of good things to come for the Clippers; they've been downtrodden so long.

Darrin
10-27-2010, 10:51 PM
This is how Bigs used to look like when they came into the league. Blinding athleticism, maybe not. But they could run the floor, score in transition, and finish around the rim. He's got all that in spades. This is going to be my favorite Rookie class of all-time. Demarcus Cousins, John Wall, and Blake Griffin. These guys could make the All-Star Game.

Killakobe81
10-27-2010, 11:09 PM
I tell you what Griffin and gordon is a good start and Kaman is OK offensively. But something about him on defense bugs me. I know we were trying to compare Griffin but after watching that spin move and his dribbles to me, he is like duncan (not post move wise yet) with Lebronesque athleticism Remember duncan had the handles out top, (back in his younger days) along with an abilty to drive from the perimeter like Lamar odom (but Griffin can go in both directions) with the explosion of Lebron. I am not saying he is as good as those guys ...though i think he will be better than Odom ...just NOT as versatile. But i like the kid and this is good for the clips. Let him groom him so he can join the lakers and stay in L.A.
Outside of the lakers, my favorite players right now:

PG Dwilliams (though wall may take this spot)
SG Westbrook (know he is a PG but i love this guy and Dwill and russ would be filthy)
SF Durant (best young shooter in the NBA)
PF Griffin a young bull
C Dwigt howard a beast in the paint on both ends ...

That team would beast ...it has it all ...
1. shooting Dwill and durant
2. Rebounding Howard & griffin
3. shot blocking (see above)
4. Speed & athleticism every where
5. all are good to great defenders though backcourt is a little small

only thing missing is a great post-game but Griffin shows promise and howard will dunk
the league has some great young talent ...

phyzik
10-27-2010, 11:18 PM
Got this mofo on my fantasy team. :smokin

Killakobe81
10-27-2010, 11:24 PM
that was a nice shot by aldridge, but Blke has limited him most of the night

DeadlyDynasty
10-27-2010, 11:29 PM
Refs are trigger happy with the T's

kamikazi_player
10-27-2010, 11:30 PM
Refs are trigger happy with the T's

+1000, it's so stupid, they have to act like robots with this new rule

DeadlyDynasty
holy shit nice pass, blake

Killakobe81
Blake can also pass better than tim did at that stage (first year) wow love this kid. he would be great in purple and gold ...helluva pass!

Killakobe81
10-27-2010, 11:32 PM
Clips shit the bed when they have a chance to tie outside of Gordon i hate their guards ...even Baron. Imagine if they got wall with Gordon and Blake ...I would really love this Clips team ...and they had a shot in the lottery ...

peskypesky
10-27-2010, 11:33 PM
Griffin is the real deal. So good to see another great big enter the NBA, where good big men are few and far between.

AussieFanKurt
10-27-2010, 11:37 PM
I'll put money on him for ROY

Killakobe81
10-27-2010, 11:38 PM
Clips i say trade Kaman and Davis screw em both ...
1. get a good PG with size (Gordon is small) Dwill would be a great fit
2. a real SF who can defend (shooting not a big deal Gordon can shoot) Iggy would be a great fit here for the Clips
3. And a shot blocking center with a mid range game to open the paint for Blake (not many of these around but just, saying)

noob cake
10-27-2010, 11:39 PM
20F9dIw_onk

Killakobe81
10-27-2010, 11:40 PM
Oh, and Clips need a real coach and a real owner ...

Killakobe81
10-27-2010, 11:41 PM
Also tlong is right ...Blazers are deep. doubt they are title ready but they are deep as usual.

DeadlyDynasty
10-27-2010, 11:46 PM
Eric Gordon is blowing right by the blazers

Killakobe81
10-27-2010, 11:46 PM
Tell you Gordon is nice too. But Kaman is ass on defense.

tlongII
10-27-2010, 11:47 PM
Also tlong is right ...Blazers are deep. doubt they are title ready but they are deep as usual.

As soon as we get Przybilla and Oden back we'll be in your grill.

mystargtr34
10-27-2010, 11:55 PM
20F9dIw_onk

Holy shit..

Killakobe81
10-27-2010, 11:56 PM
As soon as we get Przybilla and Oden back we'll be in your grill.

When is that December or january? LOL
Try getting out of the first round tlong and then we will talk.
Losing to houston ad phoenix in round 1 is not how you go about being in our "grill". Regular season at home, you guys busts our ass. Come playoffs we own the Blazers except when they bitch out and fail to meet us.

midnightpulp
10-27-2010, 11:57 PM
lol at all these Lakers fans on the Clippers/Griffin bandwagon.

Killakobe81
10-28-2010, 12:01 AM
Clips bandwagon? how small is that? Im just toired of seeing an L.A. team fail. And Blake is a good kid with lots of talent why wouldnt I want to see him do well? Unlike most Laker fans i even want Lebron to do well (as long as he doesnt ring this year) ...

Poirot
10-28-2010, 12:05 AM
They need to get rid of Baron and trade Kaman

21_Blessings
10-28-2010, 12:06 AM
I've been waiting for a Lakers/Clippers playoff series all my life.

dirk4mvp
10-28-2010, 12:07 AM
lol toired

Killakobe81
10-28-2010, 12:09 AM
Blake getting frustrated ..but all in all solid game. Kaman and Baron are disappointing. gordon and Rasual Butler did their jobs Deandre Jordan too ...

midnightpulp
10-28-2010, 12:11 AM
Blake getting frustrated ..but all in all solid game. Kaman and Baron are disappointing. gordon and Rasual Butler did their jobs Deandre Jordan too ...

Per usual.

kamikazi_player
10-28-2010, 12:12 AM
Good game, pretty exciting when Blake's in the game. They need to get a little better on D, but as everyone can see, they have lots of potential.

lil_penny
10-28-2010, 12:15 AM
Clips need to dump baron off somewhere.. Griffin is such a stud

kamikazi_player
10-28-2010, 12:16 AM
Trailblazers have so much depth, the last 2 games makes my prediction of them being the 2nd seed more likely now.

daspurs
10-28-2010, 12:16 AM
What the fuck is wrong with chris kaman thinking hes mj and shit trying to take over

HarlemHeat37
10-28-2010, 12:17 AM
:lol Baron isn't going anywhere..there aren't many guys in the NBA that have worse contracts than his..

Killakobe81
10-28-2010, 12:20 AM
:lol Baron isn't going anywhere..there aren't many guys in the NBA that have worse contracts than his..

Westbrook is the onlu UCLA PG doing what he should.

Farmar, davis are failures based on talent/potential. Holiday is an incomplete.

Thing is, coming out of HS Westbrook was the non McDonald's all-american of that group. Now he is the best PG of the 3.

Killakobe81
10-28-2010, 12:24 AM
Que up tlong victory post about how they have the best record in the west ...

lil_penny
10-28-2010, 12:26 AM
Best record in the nba lol

Killakobe81
10-28-2010, 12:37 AM
Best record in the nba lol

You are correct. My bad!! LOL Good win LilPenny

TD 21
10-28-2010, 12:46 AM
As much as I like what I see (and hear) out of Griffin, there's such a thing as playing too hard. Granted, it would be an upset were the Clippers to make the playoffs, but still. You can't recklessly throw your body around (especially when you're coming off of a broken kneecap, no less) for 82 games and think you'll have a long career. He's going to have to learn how to, not curb his competitiveness, but reign it in and pick his spots better.

lil_penny
10-28-2010, 12:49 AM
You are correct. My bad!! LOL Good win LilPenny

:toast

Killakobe81
10-28-2010, 12:50 AM
As much as I like what I see (and hear) out of Griffin, there's such a thing as playing too hard. Granted, it would be an upset were the Clippers to make the playoffs, but still. You can't recklessly throw your body around (especially when you're coming off of a broken kneecap, no less) for 82 games and think you'll have a long career. He's going to have to learn how to, not curb his competitiveness, but reign it in and pick his spots better.

Fair point. However since the Clippers are habitual losers im sure he hopes that his effort will rub off on his team. This franchise is a habitual losing culture and climate by going hard he helps change that, even if just a little. KG went hard very night and has had a long career with injuries only being an issue lately ...but you make a good point he is coming off an injury.

peskypesky
10-28-2010, 12:58 AM

you know, you're right. as exciting as it is to see him slamming down those dunks, isn't that what caused his injury and the loss of last season?

SomeCallMeTim
10-28-2010, 01:22 AM

That's exactly what I saw tonight.

Didn't see him much at Oklahoma, but what I saw wasn't like that.

Perhaps he was just a little overamped tonight?

He was jumping out of the building for every rebound... not just jumping high, but jumping with his body off-balance, and landing really hard. He sure played like a high-risk player.

Don't get me wrong, it was a lot of fun to watch -- he's an incredible athlete. But he sure looks like an injury waiting to happen.

BUMP
10-28-2010, 01:26 AM
If Blake played with a guy like Nash there's little doubt in my mind that he could be an all star right now. Other than maybe Durant, I've never seen a player so dominant in college

SomeCallMeTim
10-28-2010, 01:28 AM
If Blake played with a guy like Nash there's little doubt in my mind that he could be an all star right now. Other than maybe Durant, I've never seen a player so dominant in college

I give him even odds of being an All-Star this season, even with that sorry franchise, even with their sorry excuses for PGs, and even with his injury risk. The guy just looks like he was born to put up gaudy numbers -- he's a freak.

BUMP
10-28-2010, 01:31 AM
I give him even odds of being an All-Star this season, even with that sorry franchise, even with their sorry excuses for PGs, and even with his injury risk. The guy just looks like he was born to put up gaudy numbers -- he's a freak.

tbh, I've been on his bandwagon ever since his OU days while everyone seemed to forget about him since he didn't play at all last season. Like you said he has freakish athleticism but the biggest thing is that he was consistent in college. Nobody ever shut him down. Even when Hansborough was the Tebow of basketball, Griffin completely dominated him 1 on 1 in the tournament.

Poirot
10-28-2010, 01:33 AM
He should have the ROY award locked up, in any case.

SomeCallMeTim
10-28-2010, 01:40 AM
Fair point. However since the Clippers are habitual losers im sure he hopes that his effort will rub off on his team. This franchise is a habitual losing culture and climate by going hard he helps change that, even if just a little. KG went hard very night and has had a long career with injuries only being an issue lately ...but you make a good point he is coming off an injury.

ISTR KG going hard without doing so by putting himself in really risky positions. Some players leave their feet, unbalanced, on lots of plays, regardless of contact. When that player is an amazing athlete (think Dwyane Wade) then it can make for a really special player. But it's still risky -- remember that Wade lost most of a season to injury already in his career, and he's still a high risk for another bad injury IMO.

Gerald Wallace is another analog who comes to mind.

Killakobe81
10-28-2010, 01:43 AM
ISTR KG going hard without doing so by putting himself in really risky positions. Some players leave their feet, unbalanced, on lots of plays, regardless of contact. When that player is an amazing athlete (think Dwyane Wade) then it can make for a really special player. But it's still risky -- remember that Wade lost most of a season to injury already in his career, and he's still a high risk for another bad injury IMO.

Gerald Wallace is another analog who comes to mind.

I get your point. I remember feeling that way about billy thompson (remember him) many moons ago. And yes I thought the same of wade. I am not saying he should go up off balance, but I just think him playing hard is an example to his team-mates ESPECIALLY Kaman and Baron. I think they (Clips) will only be so good with those guys playing prominent roles. he needs quality team-mates Gordon is one he has few others ...

10-28-2010, 02:16 AM
nice to see the clippers finally catch a break. looks like griffin is the real deal. he's definitely pre-surgery amare with a better bball IQ, desire to actually rebound the ball, and room to grow.

21_Blessings
10-28-2010, 02:26 AM
I don't see how his play style is sustainable. His explosion is ridiculous and I'm baffled how his knees don't implode every time he jumps.

10-28-2010, 02:32 AM
btw, here is some of amare's pre surgery dunks for comparison

start at 0:24
w9E8GLKLYAQ

yp8WA__FqyY

ezau
10-28-2010, 02:46 AM
Blake can also pass better than tim did at that stage (first year) wow love this kid. he would be great in purple and gold ...helluva pass!

In short, he's now better than Tim. tee, hee

Killakobe81
10-28-2010, 02:55 AM
In short, he's now better than Tim. tee, hee

no never said that. It's not even close Tim is wayy better. But even spur fans have to admit Tim is a MUCH better paser now than he was as a rookie. Do you disagree with that statement? This is not a slam. Duncan's post game is light years ahead of Blake's as a rookie ...and blake has a few moves. i just dont think duncan could of made that pass on the move or even stationary as a rookie, that is no knock on tim.

Albert Haynesworth
10-28-2010, 03:11 AM
no never said that. It's not even close Tim is wayy better. But even spur fans have to admit Tim is a MUCH better paser now than he was as a rookie. Do you disagree with that statement? This is not a slam. Duncan's post game is light years ahead of Blake's as a rookie ...and blake has a few moves. i just dont think duncan could of made that pass on the move or even stationary as a rookie, that is no knock on tim.

no point in taking ezau too seriously. people with dead wives say some crazy things, tbh

midnightpulp
10-28-2010, 03:20 AM
Killa is correct. Took Duncan a couple of years to develop a great passing game. Griffin is already an above average passer.

ezau
10-28-2010, 04:11 AM
no point in taking ezau too seriously. people with dead wives say some crazy things, tbh

:lmao:lmao

#2!
10-28-2010, 04:13 AM
tbh, I've been on his bandwagon ever since his OU days while everyone seemed to forget about him since he didn't play at all last season. Like you said he has freakish athleticism but the biggest thing is that he was consistent in college. Nobody ever shut him down. Even when Hansborough was the Tebow of basketball, Griffin completely dominated him 1 on 1 in the tournament.

Oh man no way!:wow

Griffin is a great talent, no need to reach.

TheManFromAcme
10-28-2010, 08:17 AM
Griffin is legit make no doubt.
I just hope he's allowed to flourish in a good system and above everything else.....stay healthy.

Here's to Blake :toast

biziofromdowntown
10-28-2010, 08:19 AM
impressive

z0sa
10-28-2010, 08:29 AM
20F9dIw_onk

:wow Holy fuck.. dude with 20 points, 14 rebounds in his debut.

could Blake Griffin change the Clippers' fate?

heatluva
10-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Blake Griffin will be a top 50 player of all time before it's all said and done. Such a complete and fundamentally sound player at such a young age, and seems to be a hard worker who will only improve.

SomeCallMeTim
10-28-2010, 10:55 AM
^ that avatar :lol

Chris Fall
10-28-2010, 01:40 PM

he's the adrian peterson of the NBA, plays hard every night

tlongII
10-28-2010, 02:11 PM
Griffin is a good player no doubt. However, when we have Przybilla and Oden patrolling the paint he won't put up numbers anywhere near what he did last night.

SomeCallMeTim
10-28-2010, 02:14 PM
Griffin is a good player no doubt. However, when we have Przybilla and Oden patrolling the paint he won't put up numbers anywhere near what he did last night.

If Griffin's, Oden's, and Przy's knees all collided on a single play, what would happen?

I fear the space-time continuum could be irreparably torn.

pauls931
10-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Griffin is a good player no doubt. However, IF we have Przybilla and Oden patrolling the paint he won't put up numbers anywhere near what he did last night.

Fixed it.

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2010, 02:17 PM
If Griffin's, Oden's, and Przy's knees all collided on a single play, what would happen?

:rollin

cheguevara
10-28-2010, 02:35 PM

tell us what else will happen in 2014 tlong?

z0sa
10-28-2010, 02:46 PM

:lol

Well, that'd be all that could be torn.

duhoh
10-28-2010, 05:21 PM
lol at all these Lakers fans on the Clippers/Griffin bandwagon.

is it wrong to be an NBA fan?

TheMACHINE
10-28-2010, 05:35 PM
i thought blake was gonna break his knee the way he landed on that first dunk.

DaDakota
10-28-2010, 06:25 PM
Future top 5 player in the league and probable hall of famer if he stays healthy.

DD

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Future top 5 player in the league and probable hall of famer if he stays healthy.

DD

agreed

Xylus
10-28-2010, 06:43 PM
btw, here is some of amare's pre surgery dunks for comparison

start at 0:24
w9E8GLKLYAQ

yp8WA__FqyY

Jesus Christ that hurts to watch.