PDA

View Full Version : lol Utah..

HarlemHeat37
10-27-2010, 10:03 PM
Most overrated team in the NBA, as expected..

Giuseppe
10-27-2010, 10:05 PM
Look at Har, feelin' his own oats now that he's safe Vs. the Pacers. Laughin' to beat the band.

Big shot. Loses four out of his last five and he's makin' fun of others.

picc84
10-27-2010, 10:09 PM
They'd still fuck the Celtics in the ass, home or away. Teamwork and ball movement is the key against that team. You need good leadership for that. Deron Williams and Boobie Gibson provide the goods better than some.
:downspin:

kamikazi_player
10-27-2010, 10:16 PM
What happened to "it's only the first game of the season"?

Texas_Ranger
10-27-2010, 10:17 PM
lol Al Jefferson

sefant77
10-27-2010, 10:21 PM
lol 7-0 preseason

HarlemHeat37
10-27-2010, 10:29 PM
It is just the first game of the season, true, I don't like to overreact, but I've been saying this for the entire off-season..

Al Jefferson is overrated, and he plays a completely different style than Boozer..Utah is going to have to heavily adjust their system to fit his game, which is going to take a long time..he doesn't have Boozer's jump shot and he doesn't have his overall p&r ability..

Also, as bad as Boozer is defensively, Jefferson is even worse..

They lost Kyle Korver's shooting and they lost Wes Matthew's game on both ends..they replaced them with Raja Bell, well past his prime..

21_Blessings
10-27-2010, 11:02 PM
Where's purch when ya need him.

Darrin
10-27-2010, 11:07 PM
lol Al Jefferson

Don't laugh. He's killing my fantasy team. TD had to rescue me tonight instead of being some heavy gravy.

ducks
10-27-2010, 11:07 PM

no so far that would be the heat

Darrin
10-27-2010, 11:14 PM
no so far that would be the heat

One lost to the Conference Champions, the other lost to the Denver Nuggets. Don't get me wrong, I love the Nuggets, but they have a star player about to leave them and that's bad for chemistry. Chauncey is getting up there, Chris Andersen didn't play, and they got blown out of the building.

Made those former Pistons feel like they were disrespected again. :toast

Killakobe81
10-27-2010, 11:14 PM
Utah took some losses but i bet they are still tough at home as they always are. I just hope they dont get the 8, or 4 or 5 seeds in the West. Although i know we would tp that ass, I am TIRED of seeing Utah every playoffs ...another OKC series or the spurs or Mavs would be much more fun. Playing Rox would be cool too ...

HarlemHeat37
10-27-2010, 11:15 PM
Utah is going to be competing for the 7th-8th seed..I'm saying they're overrated, because a lot of people have been picking them as a top 5 team in the West, and a lot of people have picked them as a sleeper..

21_Blessings
10-27-2010, 11:17 PM
The only thing really overrated about Utah is Jefferson. It makes sense when most people never watched him play at Minnesota. With more national TV coverage the hype will finally shut the fuck up.

Killakobe81
10-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Utah is going to be competing for the 7th-8th seed..I'm saying they're overrated, because a lot of people have been picking them as a top 5 team in the West, and a lot of people have picked them as a sleeper..

The west will be interesting if Portland and houston are healthy I doubt uth sniffs HCA advantage (top 4 or 5 seed) ...but since those teams are annually and consistently hurt, i can see why some thought Utah was top 4 material.

I think the other x-factor in the West is Denver. I have been saying this all off-season. If utah is overrated ...then Denver is underrated. yes, they will flame out come playoffs and yes, if melo is dealt who knows how what they will look like then? But Nugg fan is right, Afflalo is in contract year, and will be improved. So is Melo and Smith too (IIRC) so expect big years from those cats. Melo aint winning shit either way so he could stay and leave as a FA ...
And Lawson is the perfect backup for that team and they have a great Homecourt advantage ...

HarlemHeat37
10-27-2010, 11:25 PM
Most people that have been picking against Denver, myself included, are pretty much entirely basing it on the belief that Anthony will eventually by dealt..if he's still on the team and is giving it a 100%, they will definitely make the playoffs..improved players + a good addition to the bench in Al Harrington..

Killakobe81
10-27-2010, 11:29 PM
Most people that have been picking against Denver, myself included, are pretty much entirely basing it on the belief that Anthony will eventually by dealt..if he's still on the team and is giving it a 100%, they will definitely make the playoffs..improved players + a good addition to the bench in Al Harrington..

If he stays or is dealt later in the year ... I think they not only will make the playoffs but will at least get the 5th seed ...

im curious to how Denver handles this. But Denver probably wont implode until late or the playoffs ...

hater
10-28-2010, 08:47 AM
I can't believe those "analysts" claimed AL Jefferson would fit in like a glove and would be the new Mailman :pctoss

idiots, Boozer fit the Jazz a lot more like Malone than Al Jefferson. Jefferson needs the ball 24/7 to make an impact. Boozer/Malone only needed a few secods under the basket with the ball, not an eternity. and would get a lot more rebounds on their own.

alchemist
10-28-2010, 09:14 AM
Utah just losing a road game like they're supposed to :wakeup

noob cake
10-28-2010, 09:18 AM
Utah just losing a road game like they're supposed to :wakeup

Sloan + EnergySolutions Arena + Classless fans + Spirits of girls raped by Karl Malone + Deron William makes Utah almost unbeatable at home :wakeup

monosylab1k
10-28-2010, 09:28 AM
I guess Jefferson's defense is as shitty as advertised, since he made Shelden Williams look like a competent NBA player.

sefant77
10-28-2010, 09:36 AM
I guess people will see soon why the Mavs didnt like much to pair him with Dirk and why they prefered to have two real center and deadline trade possibility.

Girasuck
10-28-2010, 03:59 PM
I'm not one to save a thread for future reference, but this one will be bookmarked.

Fucking idiots in this thread reacting to one game = priceless.

I guess Miami is trash as well.

Ashy Larry
10-28-2010, 04:04 PM
It's gonna be like this for every team. As soon as the Lakers lose their first game ..... lol Lakers

Giuseppe
10-28-2010, 05:14 PM
I hope they throw a fuck into the Suns tonight that'll make 'em bleed.

The Gemini Method
10-28-2010, 05:17 PM
I hope they throw a fuck into the Suns tonight that'll make 'em bleed.

They don't play until manana...

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2010, 05:18 PM

nah, they on tonight

The Gemini Method
10-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Seriously, check your calendars...they play the 29th...that's Friday, homies.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2010, 05:21 PM
Seriously, check your calendars...they play the 29th...that's Friday, homies.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/

i think we're talking about two different games...i was referring to the UTAH-Phoenix game

The Gemini Method
10-28-2010, 05:23 PM
i think we're talking about two different games...i was referring to the UTAH-Phoenix game

Oh my bad...I thought Cubby said the Lakers were playin' the Suns tonight...

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2010, 05:27 PM
Oh my bad...I thought Cubby said the Lakers were playin' the Suns tonight...

no worries...I thought he was talking about tonight's game, but I could be wrong.

Giuseppe
10-28-2010, 05:38 PM
I was talkin' about tonite's game.

TD 21
10-28-2010, 05:42 PM
I've always like the Jazz and I probably wouldn't call them the outright most overrated team in the NBA, but they're up there.

I keep hearing about all this talent they supposedly have, but they still lack the same things they always have: a wing who can create his own shot and a long, rim protecting big man.

I've got them finishing seventh in the West. If they get the right match-up and/or that team has a key injury, they could win a round. But ultimately, their ceiling is second round at best.

Xylus
10-28-2010, 05:48 PM

No, they play in about 4 hours.

Edit: Nevermind, didn't see the 2nd page of this topic.

#41 Shoot Em Up
10-28-2010, 06:07 PM
I'm not one to save a thread for future reference, but this one will be bookmarked.

:lmao butthurt??

The Gemini Method
10-28-2010, 06:08 PM
No, they play in about 4 hours.

Edit: Nevermind, didn't see the 2nd page of this topic.

Yeah, it was my fault...didn't realize what Cubby was talking about.

Girasuck
10-28-2010, 06:20 PM
:lmao butthurt??

Yeah...I'm butthurt over one game.

Idiot.

21_Blessings
10-28-2010, 07:04 PM
I guess Jefferson's defense is as shitty as advertised, since he made Shelden Williams look like a competent NBA player.

Tried to tell yas.

Cuban doesn't make many smart moves but he dodged a bullet on that one.

HarlemHeat37
10-29-2010, 12:21 AM
:lol Utah..

10-29-2010, 01:16 AM
i've said this in the offseason, boozer was incredibly productive for the jazz. people expected al jefferson to fit but even if he works at 100% efficiency, the best he can do is replace boozer's 20/10. jazz lucked out in getting jefferson but losing boozer was a terrible thing for that team.

MI21
10-29-2010, 01:17 AM
They looked terrible.

Millsap and Jefferson at the same time ruins their interior spacing which is compounded by their lack of outside shooting. Miles looks out of shape, Kirilenko has horrible hair and D-Will should worry about his own performances and lead by example rather than blasting his 2nd game teammate for failing to cross in transition in the middle of play...

HarlemHeat37
10-29-2010, 01:19 AM
TBH, even though I'm not a fan of his and I don't think any team can win a title with him, Boozer is one of the most over-criticized players I've ever seen..EVERYBODY shits on him, I don't remember the last time anybody gave him any credit..

Yes, he's a money-hungry, no-defense playing player, but he was a perfect fit for the Jazz system..he was exploited because Utah didn't have a defensive presence playing next to him at C, and because he had a bad matchup vs. Gasol for a few years..

MI21
10-29-2010, 03:13 AM
TBH, even though I'm not a fan of his and I don't think any team can win a title with him, Boozer is one of the most over-criticized players I've ever seen..EVERYBODY shits on him, I don't remember the last time anybody gave him any credit..

Yes, he's a money-hungry, no-defense playing player, but he was a perfect fit for the Jazz system..he was exploited because Utah didn't have a defensive presence playing next to him at C, and because he had a bad matchup vs. Gasol for a few years..

I kind of agree actually.

He worked very well with D-Will because when he received the ball on the roll, he had good body control and could finish with his left hand - actually, he probably finished more with his left than his preferred hand. He also has pretty surprising hops and is of course quite strong. Combined with his decent jumpshot, he was a damn good pick n roll player.

Jefferson just doesn't have any of that in the pick and roll. Beautiful post player, but not a good PnR player and seems to look a little lost when he doesn't have his back to the basket.

Also, while shit on defense, Boozer was at least pretty adept and knocking the ball away and stripping guys, Jefferson is just flat out bad - that play where Hill got an alley-oop in transition was completely on AJ thinking the break was dead and stopping running at the 3pt line instead of hustling back to protect the hoop.

pauls931
10-29-2010, 08:07 AM
You know about Stern (or some article in a thread here) mentioning removing a few teams from the league? I have it figured out.

You lose to the Suns this season, you're out. Congrats Portland.

LkrFan
11-10-2010, 03:49 AM

Good call man. I like your team. Even more so after that ass smashing y'all gave the Hype. Good job son. :toast

Brazil
11-10-2010, 06:51 AM
what team is the most overrated ? :lmao

Purch
11-10-2010, 08:17 AM
Lmao. Everyone in this thread reacted to this based on one game when we have six players still trying to get used to the system?

You guys are pathetic.

Purch
11-10-2010, 08:31 AM
Haha Miami's a work in progress yet we have six new players and they act like we're supposed to be a complete work right now in an offense thats 5x more complicated to learn then whatever the hell spo runs. Apparently work in progress excuses only apply when Harlem and his crew uses it

Pelicans78
11-10-2010, 08:53 AM
Having 6 new players is a sad excuse. You don't want to go there.

Purch
11-10-2010, 09:06 AM
So the fact clearly the players aren't used to the flex offense and weren't used to making the baselines cuts and screening for the big men until the game against OKC is a sad excuse? Cause having new players who don't know the system wasn't the reason why for the first time in a very long time Utah had more turnovers then assist.

Please.

This isn't a run and gun system where you can just come in and play street ball it's a completely differnt style of play. This is exactly why so much gametape has been given to Jefferson, the rookies and Watson. Sloan expects a lot.

Come mid season you won't see players making mistakes like this in the offense

urE_fCp7e5s

Pelicans78
11-10-2010, 09:11 AM
It's an ok excuse, but how long will it take for certain players to learn the offense and feel comfortable? Will Jefferson really ever fit in?

Purch
11-10-2010, 09:17 AM
It's an ok excuse, but how long will it take for certain players to learn the offense and feel comfortable? Will Jefferson really ever fit in?

Why wouldn't he? He's already had a couple of high scoring games and was much better screening for players against teams like OKC and has been much better kicking out of double teams. We're not running the sets we ran with Booze for him. We run those more will Millsap whiles we run sets similar to the ones we ran for Malone for Jefferson down low.

It's completely different then in Minny you have to react to every little thing like if Deron steps back at a certain time in the game he's supposed to roll to the basket. He's already a better player because so much of an emphasis has been put on the things that make you a winning player. And he's gonna grow as a player every game. And onces he's finnally used to the offense
WilL-Jeff-Sap Will be a reliable big three

TJastal
11-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Why wouldn't he? He's already had a couple of high scoring games and was much better screening for players against teams like OKC and has been much better kicking out of double teams. We're not running the sets we ran with Booze for him. We run those more will Millsap whiles we run sets similar to the ones we ran for Malone for Jefferson down low.

It's completely different then in Minny you have to react to every little thing like if Deron steps back at a certain time in the game he's supposed to roll to the basket. He's already a better player because so much of an emphasis has been put on the things that make you a winning player. And he's gonna grow as a player every game. And onces he's finnally used to the offense
WilL-Jeff-Sap Will be a reliable big three

Purch

What is wrong with Okur, and where is Okur going to fit into this equation when he returns, (just curious)?

Purch
11-10-2010, 12:16 PM
Purch

What is wrong with Okur, and where is Okur going to fit into this equation when he returns, (just curious)?

9YRWBvI2P8c

That pretty much explains it lol.

He should be back in the near future since he's rehabbing above schedule.

Considering how Millsap is playing I just say bring him into that second unit with CJ and Watson

Purch
11-10-2010, 10:06 PM
So how stupid do you look for overreacting to the first two games of the season?

21_Blessings
11-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Jefferson just had like a 2 point game 25 hours ago. Still a clear downgrade compared to what Boozer gave them.

They'll make the playoffs of course and then get their shit fucked by the Lakers. Life goes on.

Purch
11-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Plz you mean the 7 games compared to how many seasons Booze played with the Jazz?

Lol gtfo.

Killakobe81
11-10-2010, 10:14 PM

Good call. the death of dwill as a top flight PG has been GREATLY exaggerated ..

You should bump Br's LOL Dwill threads as well ...

sribb43
11-10-2010, 10:14 PM
Sloan's system = gold...

j.dizzle
11-10-2010, 10:18 PM
21 is right, it must suck balls for Utah to know they gotta get by LA every year if they wanna get to the finals. Gotta give props to Utah though, they could of easily given up in their last 3 games but still came back to win them. They were down 18 to the Clippers the game before Miami & won that one too hahaha funny shit

oh crap
11-10-2010, 10:21 PM
lol harlemheat

ducks
11-10-2010, 10:35 PM

I would say heat or now

DPG21920
11-10-2010, 10:48 PM
I would say heat or now

I wonder why now is struggling so bad with all their talent?

HarlemHeat37
11-11-2010, 12:40 AM
Utah has had 2 impressive wins in a row against teams that fell asleep against them, I'll give them credit for that(to go along with some poor officiating in the Orlando game and one of the biggest anomalies in NBA history in regards to Milsapp's McGrady-like clutch heroics)..their SRS was 18th coming into the game, it will go up a little after this W..they're playing like a 6-8 seed, which is what I predicted..

The fact that they've been down by 18+ points in 3 consecutive games should be alarming IMO..teams won't be falling asleep on them after seeing this..

They're a 6-8 seed in the West, barring injuries to other teams..

crc21209
11-11-2010, 12:54 AM
Utah has had 2 impressive wins in a row against teams that fell asleep against them, I'll give them credit for that(to go along with some poor officiating in the Orlando game and one of the biggest anomalies in NBA history in regards to Milsapp's McGrady-like clutch heroics)..their SRS was 18th coming into the game, it will go up a little after this W..they're playing like a 6-8 seed, which is what I predicted..

The fact that they've been down by 18+ points in 3 consecutive games should be alarming IMO..teams won't be falling asleep on them after seeing this..

+1...People will drool all over them because of the fact that they made huge comebacks in back to back games against Orlando and Miami and WON those games but the real story should be...damn how does Utah get in these 20-point holes so bad? I still dont like what I see from Al Jefferson, I think Boozer fit D-Will and that team much better than what Jefferson will. Another thing to note is that Utah came back against 2 overrated teams in Miami and Orlando. One team who is relying on 3 guys, and the other team who is depending on their big man who has no jumpshot and lives and dies on the 3-point shot.

LkrFan
11-11-2010, 03:08 AM

Wrong. That's a loser's mentality. Take the best player in the game. He was having a shitty shooting performance in the Finals. What did he do? He kept playing. He kept rebounding, playing defense, and grinding.

The Jazz didn't give up last night, just like the Lakers didn't give up when they were down by 13 in the Finals. Teams like the Celtics, Hype, and the Magic will get up big and then let their guards down. Teams like the Lakers and Jazz will keep running their system whether they are up 10 or down 20. Eventually the other team will stop doing the things that got them the lead thinking the game is over (another choking example is the 2000 Jailblazers in the WCF, but that's another argument altogether).

Yes, the Jazz got some lucky breaks in those two games. But these breaks presented themselves because they kept fighting for 48 minutes. One of the reasons they were down to begin with is they are still gelling. Once they began to feel the other team out in the 2nd half they began doing damage and notched the W. The Hype and Magic didn't fall asleep. They failed to keep playing hard thinking that they won already.

I stand by my notion that unless they have a major injury, the Jazz are a top 4 team in the wC. Okur hasn't even played a minute yet. Wait until he comes back raining 3's. They will be tough once they are 100%. You can do like the Hype and the Magic and "sleep" on them if you want to. :toast

LkrFan
11-11-2010, 03:13 AM
+1...People will drool all over them because of the fact that they made huge comebacks in back to back games against Orlando and Miami and WON those games but the real story should be...damn how does Utah get in these 20-point holes so bad? I still dont like what I see from Al Jefferson, I think Boozer fit D-Will and that team much better than what Jefferson will. Another thing to note is that Utah came back against 2 overrated teams in Miami and Orlando. One team who is relying on 3 guys, and the other team who is depending on their big man who has no jumpshot and lives and dies on the 3-point shot.
They were on the road. Teams tend to play a little worse on the road than they do at home. And how could you not be impressed with what Al Jefferson did to the DPOY? He shitted on him at will on the block. Of course Boozer looks better than Jefferson has (so far). Jefferson has like 8 games under his belt in a Utah uniform. But...the potential with Millsap taking the lion's share of Boozer minutes plus adding Al Jefferson is higher than the team they had last year. Then Okur will be added to the mix. They will be much improved.

I agree about the Hype and Magic being overrated though. I see the Magic going further than the Hype. Once they give Bass some more PT with D12 they will be less soft on their frontline.

Pelicans78
11-11-2010, 09:17 AM
This was more about the Master of Panic than about the Jazz. Van Gundy panics, the team follows his lead. Enough said. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Pelicans78
11-11-2010, 09:25 AM
The Jazz need to avoid getting in these large deficits. So far their big 3 are averaging about 38-39 minutes a game. That's pretty early in the season. If they can avoid the large deficits, they should be ok. Their bench should be a concern because they really don't have anyone stepping up right now. They're relying heavily on their big 3.

Honestly, the West isn't all that strong right now. It's really a toss-up as far as the top 4 seed. Obviously LA is number one, but the rest is a toss-up. The number two seed will be a dogfight.

Jose Canseco
11-11-2010, 10:30 AM
It's impressive no matter how you spin it. Getting in big deficits isn't good, but getting out of big deficits on the road against quality teams is more indicative of proving they're a really good team than the deficits are proving they aren't.

Beating 2 teams that are considered legitimate title contenders on their homecourt on back-to-back nights after getting down by double digits doesn't scream 6-8 playoff seed to me at all. What they end up being we'll find out. But they're playing like a disciplined and battle tested team that knows how to win against really good teams. Let's not forget that their front court depth is hurt with Okur out. And while Millsap going Rodney Rogers was wild, the more impressive fact about the Miami game is not how they got to overtime but the fact that the Jazz beat the Heat in overtime without Deron Williams.

If it were against the Nets and the Sixers, it might be a different perception of the wins. But the Jazz just came back on the Heat and Magic on their homecourts on back-to-back nights. That's pretty impressive to me.

Purch
11-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Obviously.We always give up leads early on the road. We always have. Difference is we can actually fight through it now. And I'm much more confident in this squad then previous squads to play for 48 minutes once the team is jelled.

Booze left and we actually have a heart.

Purch
11-11-2010, 10:45 AM
This is the team that has always struggled on the road. But we've actually been able to fight back and get some great road wins this season.

Harlem is gonna hate like Usual.

Maverick421
11-11-2010, 12:31 PM
So how stupid do you look for overreacting to the first two games of the season?
Exactly!!!:nope

alchemist
11-11-2010, 12:44 PM
very impressive wins.

HarlemHeat37
11-11-2010, 09:47 PM
It's impressive no matter how you spin it. Getting in big deficits isn't good, but getting out of big deficits on the road against quality teams is more indicative of proving they're a really good team than the deficits are proving they aren't.

Beating 2 teams that are considered legitimate title contenders on their homecourt on back-to-back nights after getting down by double digits doesn't scream 6-8 playoff seed to me at all. What they end up being we'll find out. But they're playing like a disciplined and battle tested team that knows how to win against really good teams. Let's not forget that their front court depth is hurt with Okur out. And while Millsap going Rodney Rogers was wild, the more impressive fact about the Miami game is not how they got to overtime but the fact that the Jazz beat the Heat in overtime without Deron Williams.

If it were against the Nets and the Sixers, it might be a different perception of the wins. But the Jazz just came back on the Heat and Magic on their homecourts on back-to-back nights. That's pretty impressive to me.

I did say it was impressive, it obviously was..

All they have shown so far is that they're an inconsistent team..they're currently 7th in the West, their SRS is 11th, they've been blown out and lost to bad teams in multiple games..that screams above average team to me..

If they beat Atlanta, I'll admit that I underestimated them a little..if they win that game, I'll say that they'll be similar to last season's Jazz team..

The TroutBum
11-12-2010, 01:26 AM
I have decided that this thread sucks the little brown afterbirth from my morning diarrhea.

Preach on, Purch and Giri. Fuck the rest of you shit dicks.

Purch
11-12-2010, 04:49 AM
I did say it was impressive, it obviously was..

All they have shown so far is that they're an inconsistent team..they're currently 7th in the West, their SRS is 11th, they've been blown out and lost to bad teams in multiple games..that screams above average team to me..

If they beat Atlanta, I'll admit that I underestimated them a little..if they win that game, I'll say that they'll be similar to last season's Jazz team..

What who are these bad teams?

The Suns?
Denver?

The only teams we've gotten blown out by in the first two games of our season?Those are the two teams we faced on our first two games of a back to back with six new players and the two games we had more turnovers then assist because no one knew how to run the sets in a game that actually matters? Since Sloan yelled at them and put them through hell at practice have you seen them play anywhere near as bad as opening night? Not even in the GS loss did we play nearly as bad as the first two games.

And don't make me lol . 7th seed? Is this a joke 7 games into the season and you're trying to use their current seed against them. Let me show you just how retarded your statement is.

If Miami was in the west right now with their current record they would be the 9th seed. So I don't see what point you're trying to make? Because Utah si the 7th seed 7 games in the season in a tougher conference that saids something about our team?

So What the hell are you talking about?

You're just a bullshit hater. Everytime the heat lose they're a work in progress but if the Jazz lose their first two games with six new players and no one knowing the offense they're inconsistent?

Please Get your fucking head or your homer douche ass.

the only team you might have a point is GS but they've went 6-2 so far this season.

Please.

By your logic being blown out on opening night and losing when you're up by 20+ against the Jazz means Miami is way below averge. Especilly since you can't keep a lead against a team you claim is only above average.

Fuck you Harlem. I've never went out of my way to hate on Miami yet you make threads hating on the Jazz at every opportunity. Shit I even support the MIami cause against people like Lakaluva then I see retarded post like this.

HarlemHeat37
11-12-2010, 10:26 AM
The only teams we've gotten blown out by in the first two games of our season?Those are the two teams we faced on our first two games of a back to back with six new players and the two games we had more turnovers then assist because no one knew how to run the sets in a game that actually matters? Since Sloan yelled at them and put them through hell at practice have you seen them play anywhere near as bad as opening night? Not even in the GS loss did we play nearly as bad as the first two games.

Bad teams was hyperbole, but they were blown out in 2 games to go alone with their comeback wins and blowout wins..your point about Sloan is inaccurate, since they've been blown out in all of the past 3 games they have played, so they HAVE played poorly in the 1st half of all those games, the other team just fell asleep on them(including a game where Milsapp had a stretch that you'll never see again)..Utah came back from 20 down last year vs. Orlando too, IIRC, seems to be a trend..

And don't make me lol . 7th seed? Is this a joke 7 games into the season and you're trying to use their current seed against them. Let me show you just how retarded your statement is.

My point is that they have played like a 7th seed so far this season, which fits in line with my prediction during the off-season..so while they have had 2 impressive wins in a row, it's not like my prediction is currently inaccurate..

If Miami was in the west right now with their current record they would be the 9th seed. So I don't see what point you're trying to make? Because Utah si the 7th seed 7 games in the season in a tougher conference that saids something about our team?

Miami is playing like a lower-tier seed right now, just like Utah..

You're just a bullshit hater. Everytime the heat lose they're a work in progress but if the Jazz lose their first two games with six new players and no one knowing the offense they're inconsistent?

Part of the reason I picked Utah to be a lower seed was because I said they would need the entire season to work Al Jefferson into their system..this was the post I wrote:

I don't think Utah will be much better, if better at all..

While Jefferson is levels better than Boozer as a post-up player, Boozer is a much better pick and roll big(Jefferson is good at it too, so it won't be a massive drop-off, but Boozer is one of the best in the NBA), a much better passer, a better shooter, and a much better transition big..

He is also a slightly better defender, although you probably won't see a big change..

I think it could be better from a long-term perspective, but I don't see it right away..their system will have to change to fit in Jefferson's post game, they will have to work around his lack of passing ability too..I don't see the chemistry being nearly the same as with Boozer, at least not from the beginning..these things don't work right away..

I also think losing Wes Matthews could hurt too..

Miami is inconsistent..

Fuck you Harlem. I've never went out of my way to hate on Miami yet you make threads hating on the Jazz at every opportunity. Shit I even support the MIami cause against people like Lakaluva then I see retarded post like this.

:lol

- Miami isn't my team, Lebron is the only connection..
- If they were my team, hating on them doesn't change my opinion..

Giuseppe
11-12-2010, 10:27 AM
- Miami isn't my team

Not anymore.

tee, hee.

Girasuck
11-12-2010, 11:02 AM

I'm sorry for bumping this again, but every time I read this I chuckle, especially now that his team is without question the most overrated in the NBA.

Good call there Harlem.

HarlemHeat37
11-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Miami being overrated doesn't change the fact that Utah is overrated too..

Girasuck
11-12-2010, 11:06 AM

That may be true, but that's not what you said and what I quoted again.

Purch
11-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Because you called them overrated after they only played two game sin the season whiles your claimed the Heat are a work in progress even though we have six new players.

Cane
11-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Jazz with another comeback in the 4th @ Atlanta.

HarlemHeat37
11-12-2010, 09:29 PM
:lol I'll eat crow on Utah..they're playing better than the talent on the team..4th straight game coming back from a double-digit deficit..

They're a lottery team in the 1st half, and the best team in the NBA in the 2nd half..

kamikazi_player
11-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Atlanta winning the first 6 and losing the next 4? wow

KapitanTutan
11-12-2010, 09:31 PM
good job horford

Purch
11-12-2010, 09:37 PM
:lol I'll eat crow on Utah..they're playing better than the talent on the team..4th straight game coming back from a double-digit deficit..

They're a lottery team in the 1st half, and the best team in the NBA in the 2nd half..

We have our most talented roster in a long time.

LkrFan
11-12-2010, 09:38 PM
You really need to delete this post. Too late, I quoted it.

LkrFan
11-12-2010, 09:39 PM
We have our most talented roster in a long time.
Agreed. And Okur hasn't played one second yet.

Purch
11-12-2010, 09:52 PM
The difference

D-Will being a vocal leader

A true back up point guard in Earl Watson
A low post scorer in Al Jefferson
Millsap having a break out year
Ak getting confidence playing like old Ak
Raja Knocking down his shots and coming up big defensivly.
C.J Playing like he's supposed to driving in and finally devloping into the player Sloan wants him to be

Biggest differnce is we got rid of Booze. So now the effort is there and the heart is there too.

Our Roster looked better from top to bottom this offseason and it's starting to cash in earlier in the season then I expected.

Venti Quattro
11-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Why is HH talking shit when Utah has a better record than Miami?

cobbler
11-12-2010, 09:56 PM
He's not the brightest crayon in the box.

LkrFan
11-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Why is HH talking shit when Utah has a better record than Miami?
This is his failed attempt at saving face. Tell him denial is not a river in Egypt. He should drink a tall cold glass of STFU on this one, tbh. :toast

Venti Quattro
11-12-2010, 10:05 PM
oh and not to mention Utah has looked as more impressive than Miami, given their materials

LkrFan
11-12-2010, 10:18 PM
24 points, 10 assists, 5 rebounds for the best point guard in the league not named CP. Just another day at the office and another impressive win on the road for what's his name. :wakeup

Pelicans78
11-12-2010, 10:26 PM
I am impressed with Utah winning during this stretch, but not impressed with their depth. Right now this is about 4 guys and really no one else.

CJ Miles isn't reliable off the bench.

Watson is old.

No reliable big men off the bench until Okur is back and he won't be too productive for a couple of months.

Jazz need to make a trade to acquire more depth if they really want to compete in the long-run. This may be worst depth they've had in a few years.

Pelicans78
11-12-2010, 10:27 PM
24 points, 10 assists, 5 rebounds for the best point guard in the league not named CP. Just another day at the office and another impressive win on the road for what's his name. :wakeup

Difference between the Hornets and the Jazz is CP3 doesn't have to work nearly as hard as Williams does. Williams is averaging about 40 minutes a game already this season while CP3 is barely averaging about 33 minutes.

Purch
11-12-2010, 10:29 PM
I am impressed with Utah winning during this stretch, but not impressed with their depth. Right now this is about 4 guys and really no one else.

CJ Miles isn't reliable off the bench.

Watson is old.

No reliable big men off the bench until Okur is back and he won't be too productive for a couple of months.

Jazz need to make a trade to acquire more depth if they really want to compete in the long-run. This may be worst depth they've had in a few years.

I'm confident in him. And He's given us big points in every run we've made on this road trip. The differnce between C.J this year and in previous years is it's not just jumpshots, He's taking it to the hoop looking to score and draw the foul. He's confident, Knows what Jerry wants from him and that's the exact reason Jerry is sticking with him as the main player off the bench.

Pelicans78
11-12-2010, 10:32 PM
I'm confident in him. And He's given us big points in every run we've made on this road trip. The differnce between C.J this year and in previous years is it's not just jumpshots, He's taking it to the hoop looking to score and draw the foul. He's confident, Knows what Jerry wants from him and that's the exact reason Jerry is sticking with him as the main player off the bench.

Jazz need him to step up, otherwise the starters will be playing major minutes. Miles has always had potential as a solid wing player. Jazz need him to be consistent. Also, if Okur can come back strong, their bench will be fine.

j.dizzle
11-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Utah has been a shit road team for a while. Atleast they're showing some improvements. Beating 3 good teams on the road is hard for any team to do. I doubt they'll be getting to the finals anytime soon but atleast they're not giving up.

HarlemHeat37
01-23-2011, 03:00 PM
Well, looks like Harlem was correct, as usual..I'm gonna have to vomit that crow, I shouldn't have taken it, too early..

If you take away Utah's fluky comeback streak, they aren't even a playoff team..it's unfair to take that away from them though, obviously, so I'll just give myself credit for predicting how overrated they would be, and that they would be a 7th/8th seed, which looks like an accurate prediction..

TBH, it's kind of funny how excited everybody gets when a prediction of mine looks poor at the time..I guess they have to take advantage of it while they can..

HarlemHeat37
01-23-2011, 03:02 PM
BTW, has LkrFan made an accurate prediction yet?..

Baron Davιs
01-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Well, looks like Harlem was correct, as usual... :lmao
again The Cavaliers went 66 wins and 61 wins. Now you add Wade + Bosh and you guys only see them improving by 4-6 wins? :lol Beating 72-10 is likely, imo.
Udonis Haslem and Mike Miller say otherwise This HEAT team has a great shot to beat 72-10. I will even go so far as to say, they have a shot at 82-0, IF THEY TAKE EVERY SINGLE GAME SERIOUSLY. That takes Jordan-like competitive focus.... do they have it?

Killakobe81
01-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Well, looks like Harlem was correct, as usual..I'm gonna have to vomit that crow, I shouldn't have taken it, too early..

If you take away Utah's fluky comeback streak, they aren't even a playoff team..it's unfair to take that away from them though, obviously, so I'll just give myself credit for predicting how overrated they would be, and that they would be a 7th/8th seed, which looks like an accurate prediction..

TBH, it's kind of funny how excited everybody gets when a prediction of mine looks poor at the time..I guess they have to take advantage of it while they can..

The season is long. Dwill is not "right" it seems ...

HarlemHeat37
01-23-2011, 04:37 PM
:lmao

MiamiHeat and I aren't the same poster..

Also, IIRC, MiamiHeat clarified his statement..he said that he meant that the Heat would win 72 games someday, not necessarily this season..

The TroutBum
01-23-2011, 05:12 PM
Sweet bump, faggot. The Jazz are hurting me right now, but all will be right with the world when they hand the Laker's a devastating home loss this week.

Book that shit.

Ace
01-23-2011, 05:56 PM
BTW, has LkrFan made an accurate prediction yet?..

No she's consistently wrong and yet keeps trying. :lol

HarlemHeat37
01-25-2011, 11:27 PM

Down 26 right now, they look like the Cavs:lol..

Killakobe81
01-25-2011, 11:48 PM

Down 26 right now, they look like the Cavs:lol..

Man just looks over to the opposing bench with envy ...

Let PJ take off a year bring back Jackson in 2012 and sign Dwill to lead the new squad and extend Kobe's career ...

LkrFan
01-26-2011, 12:12 AM
No need on crapping on a team getting tea-bagged by the champs.

HarlemHeat37
02-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Another great call by Harlem, while most people were claiming the Jazz would be a top 5 team with sleeper potential..

:lol Jazz
:lol Deron Williams constantly choking in clutch time
:lol Matt Harpring's terrible announcing
:lol Karl Malone fucking 12 year olds

Darth_Pelican
02-12-2011, 12:57 AM
LOL DWill running Sloan out of town and then getting blown out at home by the Suns.

LOL Fans booing

HarlemHeat37
02-23-2011, 11:35 AM
The final bump of this thread..some apologies are due..

lefty
02-23-2011, 11:39 AM
:lol HH

Red Hawk #21
02-23-2011, 12:09 PM
HH is a real badman lol