gospursgojas
10-28-2010, 10:13 AM
"Our House"? Was that a country song?

No pyro?

No lasers?

And worst of all....Matt Bonner??????

rogcl1
10-28-2010, 10:16 AM
Yes, you're right. Many a game has been won by a flashy introduction.

gospursgojas
10-28-2010, 10:18 AM
Yes, you're right. Many a game has been won by a flashy introduction.

What does that have to do with the point I made?

Hooks
10-28-2010, 10:52 AM
I was like Wtf is this? lol, it was pretty cheap and that was a weird song choice...

rogcl1
10-28-2010, 10:58 AM
What does that have to do with the point I made?

Hey , I was being sarcastic. I could give a durn if they shoot fireworks and lasers in pregame. It doesn't put any points on the board. Thats all.

Ditty
10-28-2010, 11:04 AM
who's house?

spurs house

like that chant especially at the end of the game going down the escalator

Mixability
10-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Ok, we finally got rid of Ya'll Ready for This a couple of years back, so this is fine by me.

EricB
10-28-2010, 12:56 PM
Its a Spurs game not a GD rock concert....

TJastal
10-28-2010, 01:04 PM

No pyro?

No lasers?

What about Matt Bonner? Did he do something like explode out of the tunnel on a cheesy red styrofoam rocket?

Cry Havoc
10-28-2010, 01:36 PM
To be honest, I would like to see a little less flash in the opening ceremonies for our games and a little more focus on the court.

Our guys came out and dominated the second half last night. They won comfortably. That's all I care about.

VBM
10-28-2010, 01:45 PM
It's not for the players...it's to fire up the crowd. With all the (valid) complaints about Spurs fans being quiet at the games, a little more effort on the intros would be appreciated. Progress has been made though, as "Y'all Ready for This" has been deep-sixed and Stan "Still Waiting on Puberty to End" Kelly is gone.

Ditty
10-28-2010, 01:49 PM
It's not for the players...it's to fire up the crowd. With all the (valid) complaints about Spurs fans being quiet at the games, a little more effort on the intros would be appreciated. Progress has been made though, as "Y'all Ready for This" has been deep-sixed and Stan "Still Waiting on Puberty to End" Kelly is gone.

:lol

meet that guy about 2 years ago right after he got replaced during a bruce bowen autography signing at la cantera. I actually told him how great he was.

z0sa
10-28-2010, 01:52 PM

No pyro?

No lasers?

Are you actually asshurt about Matt Bonner doing that stupid speech?

We won, remember? And he sprained his ankle?

Some people just want to bitch no matter what.

VBM
10-28-2010, 01:53 PM

meet that guy about 2 years ago right after he got replaced during a bruce bowen autography signing at la cantera. I actually told him how great he was.

I'm sure he's a good guy, but I can't tell you how many times I laughed when his voice would crack. "Here Come The SpuuuuUUUuRRrrrrSSS!"

TJastal
10-28-2010, 01:54 PM

Lemme guess, then you went and masturbated in the bathroom?

VBM
10-28-2010, 01:54 PM
Are you actually asshurt about Matt Bonner doing that stupid speech?

They should have had RJ do the speech...and have Timmy Ice him in the middle of it...

ChumpDumper
10-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Lemme guess, then you went and masturbated in the bathroom?C'mon.

It's not like he met Tyrus Thomas....

Blackjack
10-28-2010, 02:05 PM

I'll readily admit that I complained about those same things, but ever since the Spurs ditched Stan and "Y'all ready for this?" ... they've yet to win a championship.

Now maybe the added attention to presentation has been because they weren't sure their product was as good as it's been or maybe they just fired an avid voodoo practitioner, it's a 50-50 proposition, but stats are stats.

I think we should stock up on live chicken and rum just to play it safe.

Ditty
10-28-2010, 02:13 PM
Lemme guess, then you went and masturbated in the bathroom?

it wasn't a spurs game night before the game, I don't think. I remember the previous night they played in Dallas, and lost that game it was the noche latino night.

Ditty
10-28-2010, 02:16 PM
I'm sure he's a good guy, but I can't tell you how many times I laughed when his voice would crack. "Here Come The SpuuuuUUUuRRrrrrSSS!"

he wasn't as bad and annoying as some other announcers, he surely had a different voice, and when you talk to him in person he sounds just like a regular person tb. Like the rockets pa announcer is all monotone and the old pa annoncer for the mavs was too hyped.

howbouthemspurs
10-29-2010, 01:41 AM

No pyro?

No lasers?

that was an awesome opening!!! what the hell are u talking about? Matt Bonner did great! He should have sung the national anthem! You no good piece of crap.

DesignatedT
10-29-2010, 01:51 AM
trying to be like sequ :td

Tp9gospursgo
10-29-2010, 02:22 AM
I liked it.

Stringer_Bell
10-29-2010, 02:53 AM
The graphics were neat, but I agree the song was shit. They need something heavier, that Nickelback song was decent. The Spurs don't strike me as a team that's all about "this is our house," they're more "Bleed It Out."

jeez21
10-29-2010, 08:35 AM
Whatever, I got goosebumps on my dick. Should I call my doctor?

VBM
10-29-2010, 10:00 AM
Whatever, I got goosebumps on my dick. Should I call my doctor?

:downspin:

slick'81
10-29-2010, 11:26 AM
after all these years i really dont care anymore

AlleyOopNazi
10-29-2010, 01:05 PM
2 minutes!!!! 2 minutes!!!!
dont knock stan kelly he was better than this nigga.
we aint done shit wit this fool
http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/bigkev_300x400.jpg

VBM
10-29-2010, 02:48 PM
2 minutes!!!! 2 minutes!!!!
dont knock stan kelly he was better than this nigga.
we aint done shit wit this fool
http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/bigkev_300x400.jpg

This fool played a part in me winning that whataburger for a year (see below). He's ok in my book. :toast

rr2418
10-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Shoot! I'll still settle for the theme from ROCKY! Every team might've had that song during that time, but it worked for me!! :lol

TDomination
10-29-2010, 06:17 PM
This fool played a part in me winning that whataburger for a year (see below). He's ok in my book. :toast

completely off topic, how does that work whataburger for a year? could you just stock up as much as you wanted every day for an entire year

man i would get fat eating a honey butter chicken biscuit sandwich every morning lol

20beastie45
10-29-2010, 06:26 PM
Visually it was great(except laser and fireworks)...but the songs of choice were horrible.....NO EMINEM...and NO WHATEVER THAT OTHER SONG WAS....I know we are in Texas, but not located in the sticks....we listen to variety of music in the CITY!.....and when Bonner got on the mic...I swear I heard a couple of hecklers..:lol.....

+1

come on SPURS change the intro......

VBM
10-29-2010, 06:30 PM
completely off topic, how does that work whataburger for a year? could you just stock up as much as you wanted every day for an entire year

man i would get fat eating a honey butter chicken biscuit sandwich every morning lol

It's kinda BS. You get 52 "free whataburger" coupons. Each coupon gets you a plain Whataburger. You pay for cheese, extra patties, fries, drink, etc. All in all, can't complain, but it isn't everything it's made out to be.

TDomination
10-29-2010, 07:05 PM
It's kinda BS. You get 52 "free whataburger" coupons. Each coupon gets you a plain Whataburger. You pay for cheese, extra patties, fries, drink, etc. All in all, can't complain, but it isn't everything it's made out to be.

thats lame, I had a feeling it would be something like that.

at least they have a limit, it would be kind of bad to offer unlimited fast food for an entire year to an already fat city

xellos88330
10-30-2010, 03:23 AM
The video is awesome, but it could use some different music. The music didn't fire me up at all, but the video sure as hell did.

VBM
10-30-2010, 03:26 AM
at least they have a limit, it would be kind of bad to offer unlimited fast food for an entire year to an already fat city

Funny since I live in Houston, which might be a fatter city than SA

DAF86
10-30-2010, 09:58 AM
Anywhere I can see the video of the intro?

ohmwrecker
10-30-2010, 11:51 AM
The graphics were neat, but I agree the song was shit. They need something heavier, that Nickelback song was decent. The Spurs don't strike me as a team that's all about "this is our house," they're more "Bleed It Out."

Nickelback and decent have no business being in the same sentence.

VBM
10-30-2010, 07:41 PM
Houston Rockets intro is killin' it right now. Honestly Spurs game staff...it isn't that hard to put together a decent presentation...