PDA

View Full Version : Suns fans

Zan the Fan
05-22-2005, 05:30 PM
Was it just me (and the ABC broadcast sound operator) or was the Suns crowd deader than dead today? I know they lost but damn I thought that place was a little more crazy than that....

:duck

Uncle Donnie
05-22-2005, 05:33 PM
They were loud for most of the game but went totally dead in the fourth.

One thing I will say for Phoenix is their fans so far are way classier than Denver's or Seattle's.

nkdlunch
05-22-2005, 05:33 PM
They did not expect a Texas Storm to come in and fuck their peaceful desert up.

Dre_7
05-22-2005, 05:35 PM
Most arenas will seem kinda dead after playin in Seattle.

foodie2
Not only are the fans classier (so far) but there's no intentional injuring going on down low. That's refreshing.

ALVAREZ6
They were loud when they were on their little scoring spurts, they got pretty loud when the suns were on fire.

Catharsis
05-22-2005, 05:36 PM
They were dead for much of the game, but both teams looked dead too.

Can someone explain to me why the NBA decided to have the Suns and Spurs play today instead of tomorrow while having the Heat and Pistons get ANOTHER day off? Both teams could have used the rest. Both the Suns and Spurs have played two games in the span that Detroit and Miami have played none. I wonder how much Shaq's injury had to do with that?

Catharsis
05-22-2005, 05:38 PM
Not only are the fans classier (so far) but there's no intentional injuring going on down low. That's refreshing.

Hate to burst it for you, but there's typically no fouling at all. The Suns rather let a team shoot and hope they miss then foul. Which is why Berry had a big game. They want to stack the middle to prevent Duncan from scoring and will let San Antonio take as many low percentage shots as possible.

Suns Fan
05-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Win game two , before you talk shit.

Experiment2100
05-22-2005, 05:42 PM
They were dead for much of the game, but both teams looked dead too.

Can someone explain to me why the NBA decided to have the Suns and Spurs play today instead of tomorrow while having the Heat and Pistons get ANOTHER day off? Both teams could have used the rest. Both the Suns and Spurs have played two games in the span that Detroit and Miami have played none. I wonder how much Shaq's injury had to do with that?

Thank ABC for that, it was probably so they could put the game in the Sunday afternoon time slot. It's EC tommorow because it is on TNT.

PM5K
05-22-2005, 05:43 PM
Why wait, we already took home court away? And nobody is talking shit, just asking why the fans were so quiet...

nkdlunch
05-22-2005, 05:43 PM

why is that???? To me this was the 3d or 4th easiest win the Spurs have gotten this postseason.

foodie2
05-22-2005, 05:44 PM
Hate to burst it for you, but there's typically no fouling at all. The Suns rather let a team shoot and hope they miss then foul. Which is why Berry had a big game. They want to stack the middle to prevent Duncan from scoring and will let San Antonio take as many low percentage shots as possible.

Yeah, well...that worked. :rolleyes

Experiment2100
05-22-2005, 05:44 PM

Thanks for the recommendation and i don't think you read any of this thread because we are not talking shit about the fans. We are talking shit about how we beat the Suns because we beat the Suns

Suns Fan
05-22-2005, 05:45 PM
I got this link from a Google search, Is this a Spurs website or not?

nkdlunch
05-22-2005, 05:46 PM
I got this link from a Google search, Is this a Spurs website or not?

If you can't even tell. Keep on moving my man.

tw05baller
05-22-2005, 05:46 PM
im just glad the phoenix crowd doesnt chant "BULL SHIT! BULL SHIT" when their team makes obvious fouls. this is what happened in BOTH the denver and seattle series.

Slomo
05-22-2005, 05:47 PM
Nice sig. I hope you like mine.

nkdlunch
05-22-2005, 05:48 PM
Yes, compared to Denver/Seattle crowds, the Phoenix crown looks like a church quoir.

Catharsis
Thank ABC for that, it was probably so they could put the game in the Sunday afternoon time slot. It's EC tommorow because it is on TNT.

Didn't realize the NBA bends over and takes it for ABC when they're asked too.

Zan the Fan
It really was an honest question. You are allowed to be pissed that your squad lost but not for us "talking shit"--which we aren't. The fans seemed very quiet to me especially considering this is the first WCF in Phoenix in over a decade and the deepest playoff run in quite a while also. Add the fact that the Spurs just finished playing against Denver and Seattle where fans are incredibly out going, and I must say the lack of energy was surprising for me, and I think it's safe to say, many others.

T Park
05-22-2005, 05:50 PM
They want to stack the middle to prevent Duncan from scoring and will let San Antonio take as many low percentage shots as possible

yeah i could tell as Duncan was bagging those 10 foot hook shots in the lane.

Suns Fan
05-22-2005, 05:50 PM
well I will say this, The spurs did win , and they seem to be the team to beat, But as a Suns fan since 1993? ' I will not give up '

Your Spurs wil not win game two.

T Park
05-22-2005, 05:52 PM
But as a Suns fan since 1993?

so you werent a fan of them at the Madhouse on Mcdowell eh?

Too bad.

Didnt think you would give up, if you would that would suck, but its too bad you started in just 93.

Slomo
05-22-2005, 05:53 PM
well I will say this, The spurs did win , and they seem to be the team to beat, But as a Suns fan since 1993? ' I will not give up ' Props to you for that.

Neither will I :)

Your Spurs wil not win game two. They don't need to.

Which is why they probably will :p

Catharsis
05-22-2005, 05:55 PM
It's rare for a #1 seed to be considered the underdog.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2005, 05:55 PM
The Spurs don't need to win game two, they just need to hold home court, but you can bet your ass the Spurs will be there to win it.

CrazyOne
05-22-2005, 06:00 PM
Duncan even said he wants to hurt the Suns by taking game two... this is going to be a great series.

Catharsis
05-22-2005, 06:02 PM
The Spurs don't need to win game two, they just need to hold home court, but you can bet your ass the Spurs will be there to win it.

What if Duncan or Manu get injured and miss games? While you never wish that upon any player (well, maybe Horry--has the SOB thrown any towels at coaches recently?), it's a possibility. Remember, the Suns are without one of the best players in Joe Johnson. I don't expect anyone to get injured, but because the possibility is always there, there are no absolutes.

Speaking of bets, I put $150 on Parker to lead the Spurs in scoring today. When does that pay out?

ALVAREZ6
05-22-2005, 06:03 PM
Ummm, we aren't talking shit. You better hope you guys win game 2, otherwise, it's a 4 game sweep over the #1 seed.

How's that sound?

Suns Fan
You will Never see NASH Flop like Manu did,

http://www.nba.com/media/suns/nash_drives_800.jpg

Catharsis
Duncan even said he wants to hurt the Suns by taking game two... this is going to be a great series.

What, he isn't going to be like other players who want to lose games?
:blah

ChumpDumper
05-22-2005, 06:04 PM
You will Never see NASH Flop like Manu didYOU are Full of Shit.

Slomo
05-22-2005, 06:04 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050522/capt.pna11405222151.spurs_suns_pna114.jpg

ALVAREZ6
05-22-2005, 06:05 PM

You will Never see Nash win a championship ring and an olympic gold medal like Manu did.

ChumpDumper
05-22-2005, 06:05 PM
You'll NEVER See NASH Play Defense Like Manu.

T Park
05-22-2005, 06:06 PM
You will Never see NASH Flop like Manu did

and effective flop is when defending a player you are in front of them.

If Steve Nash were to flop it would look pretty damn weird doing that by his ownself at the 3 point line.

SPURS21
05-22-2005, 06:07 PM
I also found their arena to be pretty quiet. Good to finally play a game with professionals who play the game the right way

nkdlunch
05-22-2005, 06:08 PM
Sunsfan was :owned :lol

Suns Fan
05-22-2005, 06:10 PM
and effective flop is when defending a player you are in front of them.

If Steve Nash were to flop it would look pretty damn weird doing that by his ownself at the 3 point line.

That flop ? is already part of ESPN's worst moments in sports DVD.

Spurgal
05-22-2005, 06:11 PM

Who's the chickens now? :lol

http://www.gotbirdsonline.com/rhode-island-red-chicken-pictures-breeders-chicks/pictures/rhode-island-red-chicken-0001.jpg

Obstructed_View
05-22-2005, 06:11 PM

Nope, he would have to play defense first.

nkdlunch
05-22-2005, 06:12 PM

http://www.nba.com/media/suns/nash_drives_800.jpg

Steve Nash wishes he could flop like Manu :lol

2centsworth
05-22-2005, 06:13 PM
at least suns fan has got a some nuts to come over here after a loss. Most of the trolls disappear once the spurs take a lead in the series.

I'll give it to their coach, he didn't whine about calls.

SequSpur
This was the easiest road win the Spurs have had in 2 years. 43 in the fourth quarter?

Phoenix sucks.

ShoogarBear
Why did you put those last two extraneous words on there?

ChumpDumper
05-22-2005, 06:14 PM
Doh, my ownage has been owned.

nkdlunch
05-22-2005, 06:15 PM
That flop ? is already part of ESPN's worst moments in sports DVD.

Man, I just wish your Suns will give the Spurs a little more competition. We need to be ready for our finals w/the Pistons.

1Parker1
05-22-2005, 06:22 PM
It's rare for a #1 seed to be considered the underdog.

That's crazy. How can a team with the league MVP, Coach of the Year, Best record in the NBA, Executive of the Year, 3 ALL-STAR starters still be considered an underdog over a team whose best player is limping on two ankle injuries? Either the team didn't deserve all the accolades its received or the Spurs are just that good.

nkdlunch
05-22-2005, 06:23 PM
Spurs are just that good.

BINGO!!!

Chris
05-22-2005, 06:24 PM
Good game. Spurs in 5. Maybe a sweep the way the Suns are playing D. Crowd was non-existent in the 4th, their mouths were gaping as they saw Brent nail those 3-pointers. Hope you enjoyed the glory of Prince Charles because the Suns aren't going to the finals anytime within the next decade.

samikeyp
05-22-2005, 06:27 PM
I will not give up '

Nor should you...nor is anyone asking you too. Who is talking shit? Is it talking shit to say how that your team won? If that is then I guess we are because the Spurs did win...actually most of the posts were about how the crowd in Phoenix was better than Seattle or Denver...then you started the shit talking.

ducks
05-22-2005, 06:32 PM
sun fans get noisey in 4 usually
however spurs owned 4 and crowd could not get in it
I have been there

THIS SERIES IS FAR FROM OVER

nkdlunch
05-22-2005, 06:34 PM
THIS SERIES IS FAR FROM OVER

I agree.

Spurgal
05-22-2005, 06:35 PM
Suns Fan
http://www.virtualhebrides.com/ecards_free/images/ecard_sad_001_tn.jpg

Spurs Fan
http://www.alphastore.org/images/Happy%20Baby.jpg

Obstructed_View
05-22-2005, 06:37 PM
Telling people not to talk shit that aren't talking shit is a great way to get them to start talking shit. Maybe somebody's trying to whip up some animosity? Gotta play defense first.

baseline bum
05-22-2005, 07:24 PM
ducks, no one thinks this thing is over. I still think the Spurs take this in 7.

MadDog73
05-22-2005, 07:35 PM
ABC thinks it's over. They put a stat out that 90% of the teams that win Game 1 of Round 3 go on to win the series. Is that right?!?

Tek_XX
05-22-2005, 07:49 PM
90% seems high, but if ABC said it it's got to be true??

I had always assumed that America West was a loud arena but after the spurs went thru Denver then Seattle it probably does sound like a church choir, but i don't mind if the telecast leaves as much of the crowd noise out as possible.

Spurs need to get 3 more wins this series and it will be tough. I don't see the Spurs scoring 121 every game even with the fenix defense so they need to ratchet up their own defense.

Dre_7
05-22-2005, 07:58 PM
90%?? Really???

Wow, if that is true, that makes the Spurs 2003 title that more amazing!!!

firepopovich
05-22-2005, 08:09 PM

win anything before you talk shit

suns last wcf was before u were born for godsake

Catharsis
05-22-2005, 08:17 PM
ABC thinks it's over. They put a stat out that 90% of the teams that win Game 1 of Round 3 go on to win the series. Is that right?!?

Why wouldn't it be right? Typically the first game is played at home by the team with the better record--typically the team that's supposed to win the series. The team that wins game one is also 1-0. Honestly, I would expect the statistic to be a higher percentage--like 98%.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Why wouldn't it be right? Typically the first game is played at home by the team with the better record--typically the team that's supposed to win the series. The team that wins game one is also 1-0. Honestly, I would expect the statistic to be a higher percentage--like 98%.
I expected it to be higher than 90% as well. The lesson is probably that the teams in the conference finals are too good to fall asleep on. I hope the Spurs remember that one.

BillsCarnage
05-22-2005, 08:46 PM
90%?? Really???

Wow, if that is true, that makes the Spurs 2003 title that more amazing!!!

In the last 15 years the team that wins game 1 of the CF's has won 27 of 30 series.

The spurs had a great 4th and hit the big shots when they needed to, the Suns didn't. But again, just like the loses to Dallas the Suns weren't dominated like many predicted. Don't forget Marion & Q combined for.. 10 POINTS! Barry gave the Spurs what Q & Marion should be giving the Suns. Q has been quiet the entire playoffs. I've been calling him out every game but he's vanished. And the suns didn't come out with any energy to start the game.

If the Suns' shots start falling watch out. They should be able to win gm2, then gm3 is Saturday and JoJo should be back by then :fro

MiNuS
05-22-2005, 08:49 PM
Abc Sux!

picnroll
05-22-2005, 08:59 PM
If the Suns' shots start falling watch out. They should be able to win gm2, then gm3 is Saturday and JoJo should be back by then :fro
Suns shot nearly 50%. What % are you expecting?

AZLouis
05-22-2005, 09:15 PM
Actually Q flops as much as Manu.

What a great game. The Suns couldn't pull it out. Both teams didn't seem like they wanted to win until the 4th quarter.

The stadium is generally pretty loud. But with the team's success a lot of band wagonners have hopped on for the ride. We live in an area filled with people from somewhere else so most people come in with teams they already liked or don't have the connection to the team.

Same with the DBacks. World Champs and still couldn't put butts in the seats the next year.

Game 2 will be a much tougher game. The Suns always came out firing after a loss to the Mavs. Amare looks like he will have his way this series. Marion was pretty quiet today. Nash looks like he once again will dominate a series.

After Tuesday the break will help both teams. JJ will play by then, but then again TD will be that much closer to 100%. Other than steals and the score the game was even. Of course the score is what counts in the end.

A big key is that the Suns shot 9 less 3 pointers today than they usually do and they also gave up a lot more free throws than normal. Usually that's 2 areas the Suns do much better than the other team.

The underdog deal, the Suns have been an underdog all year. Even with their record and individual accolades. Nobody thought the Suns would get this far because they do run and gun. In this series the Spurs are the team to beat. There's no shame in saying that.

Zan the Fan
05-23-2005, 02:02 AM
I really don't think Joe Johnson would have made a difference and even if he comes back he won't be his same old self so his impact likely won't be felt immediately.

Mark in Austin
05-23-2005, 02:11 AM
I think Johnson will have more of an impact defensively than offesively once he gets back.

TDMVPDPOY
05-23-2005, 03:56 AM
I think Johnson will have more of an impact defensively than offesively once he gets back.

BULLSHIT JJ is a defensive presence, gino score his career high 48points on this clown

Pandaemonaeon
05-23-2005, 04:08 AM
That silence is the sound of inevitability.

http://img280.echo.cx/img280/9500/pandafish2jp.gif

Suns Fan
05-23-2005, 07:13 AM
I am sorry if I may have said anything yesterday that was out of line, I hope I can still post here, great website.

boutons
05-23-2005, 07:25 AM
"A big key is that the Suns shot 9 less 3 pointers today than they usually do"

Welcome to the Spurs' 3G defense, which causes opponents to shoot an avg of only 10 3G/game, vs the league season avg of 15 (IIRC).

Welcome to the Spurs' boring, secret 3G offense, which can shoot 3G's up there with the teams famed for being 3G bombers.

Hook Dem
05-23-2005, 07:43 AM
In the last 15 years the team that wins game 1 of the CF's has won 27 of 30 series.

The spurs had a great 4th and hit the big shots when they needed to, the Suns didn't. But again, just like the loses to Dallas the Suns weren't dominated like many predicted. Don't forget Marion & Q combined for.. 10 POINTS! Barry gave the Spurs what Q & Marion should be giving the Suns. Q has been quiet the entire playoffs. I've been calling him out every game but he's vanished. And the suns didn't come out with any energy to start the game.

The Sun's shots were falling but only for Amare & Nash. The Spurs do not need to take Marion and others out of the game. Amare and Nash have already done that by hogging the ball. 50 percent is a respectable percentage. I've said along to let Amare have his. Even if he hits 50 points and they still lose, nothing has been accomplished.

boutons
05-23-2005, 07:51 AM
Spurs points in the paint: 62!! vs 40.

Sunday was the second W this year, @PHX!, where a healthy Spurs team has out-offensed the most powerful offense in the NBA.

Ishta
05-23-2005, 08:50 AM
I am sorry if I may have said anything yesterday that was out of line, I hope I can still post here, great website.
Hey...We would have been just as mad if our team would have lost. This series is going to be great..However, I don't think Suns fans will be happy with the eventual outcome :spin :spin

kskonn
05-23-2005, 09:12 AM
The spurs style of play really hurts the Suns. What I mean by that is the spurs are going to be patient on offense and use the clock. They will hold the ball until they get the shot that they want, since the phoenix defense will allow them to do that. This will limit the number of possesions the Suns are going to get, it will also allow for the spurs to shoot a higher percentage.

Also the spurs are the best at getting back in Trasition D, they held the suns to 6!!!! That means the suns are scoring at a slower pace, once again reducing the number of possesions they will have in a game.

panchov
05-24-2005, 11:10 PM

You were saying.... :elephant :spin

Spurgal
05-24-2005, 11:12 PM
Game 2 reaction

Suns Fan
http://www.virtualhebrides.com/ecards_free/images/ecard_sad_001_tn.jpg

Spurs Fan
http://www.alphastore.org/images/Happy%20Baby.jpg

JustSpurs