PDA

View Full Version : NBA Banning upside down headbands

ALVAREZ6
10-28-2010, 02:33 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/The-NBA-has-banned-upside-down-headbands?urn=nba-280453

Fuck the NBA. Why the fuck do they have to be so goddamn controlling? Fuck you David Stern, is this seriously a real issue? A tiny nba logo that no one gives a fuck about being upside down on a player's head?

Holy shit.

By mid season, they're only allow headband use if the NBA logo is rightside up and perfectly centered over the forehead...no logo in the back or sides, none of that horseshit. This change affects our profits in zero fucking way, but we'll do it anyway because we're all stern faggots.

I'm shocked the league hasn't forced all arm sleeves to have an nba logo on it, as well as shoes, underwear, and hell maybe even every player's car will need to have an nba logo somewhere not visible to anybody..perhaps printed inside the gas tank. Let's just regulate anything and everything, even though it doesn't fucking matter.

lefty
10-28-2010, 02:42 PM
David Stern being David Stern

ALVAREZ6
10-28-2010, 02:46 PM
David Stern shoving as much cock down his throat as humanly possible

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2010, 02:50 PM
I agree it's a petty rule, but is it too much to ask to wear it normally? It serves the same purpose, but I guess Rondo will lose street cred now...

lefty
10-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Jerry West was upset, so he complained to Stern

Mixability
10-28-2010, 03:03 PM
I seriously thought this was an Onion article spoofing the new NBA crackdown on complaining.

Texas_Ranger
10-28-2010, 03:05 PM
This is really funny. Stern is one dumb idiot.

ALVAREZ6
10-28-2010, 03:26 PM
I agree it's a petty rule, but is it too much to ask to wear it normally? It serves the same purpose, but I guess Rondo will lose street cred now...

Is it too much to ask to have the right to choose what color underwear I use?

Main point is, why the fuck do they care? The logo is still on the damn headband, and I very highly doubt where or in which way it's displayed will affect the NBA as a business. Even requiring the logo to be on all headbands at all probably has a very negligible effect.

Is the NBA each players' parent or is it just the league? Every year they get pettier and pettier. In 10 years it's gonna be a fuckin robot league; all players will look exactly the same, rules will continue to be pussified, and the % of people following it will continue to fall.

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Is it too much to ask to have the right to choose what color underwear I use?

Main point is, why the fuck do they care? The logo is still on the damn headband, and I very highly doubt where or in which way it's displayed will affect the NBA as a business. Even requiring the logo to be on all headbands at all probably has a very negligible effect.

Is the NBA each players' parent or is it just the league? Every year they get pettier and pettier. In 10 years it's gonna be a fuckin robot league; all players will look exactly the same, rules will continue to be pussified, and the % of people following it will continue to fall.

has it? In the first game Rondo didn't have the headband on and it was the highest rated game ever...just sayin'

Soul_Patch
10-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Why is it such a big deal to wear a headband upside down? Am i missing something?

koriwhat
10-28-2010, 03:35 PM
i still don't know how a 5ft jew became the commissioner of nba bball. i mean, can he even perform a layup? that's almost like appointing a dipshit to run our country for 8 solid yrs with no brains or experience.

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2010, 03:41 PM
i still don't know how a 5ft jew became the commissioner of nba bball. i mean, can he even perform a layup?

So if stern had a sweet finger-roll you wouldn't hate him?

that's almost like appointing a dipshit to run our country for 8 solid yrs with no brains or experience.

see 2000-2008, and presidents are elected, not appointed

koriwhat
10-28-2010, 04:11 PM
So if stern had a sweet finger-roll you wouldn't hate him?

who said i hated him? my line of thinking is this, if you have no business on the court then how are you the commissioner or a ref?

ALVAREZ6
10-28-2010, 04:37 PM
has it? In the first game Rondo didn't have the headband on and it was the highest rated game ever...just sayin'

They're completely different issues.

The NBA is receiving a lot of attention now because of how drastic the changes were from past season, and a lot of superstars on a few good teams. There's just no need to be so petty about irrelevant shit.

NBA logo upside down on 1, 2, or even every player in the league = zero effect on NBA profits

When you want to be a petty, stern faggot, and there's a legitimate reason or a positive affect on the business, then sure, the action is justified.

This, however, is a waste of time, paperwork, no positive effects, while looking like a big douche bag.

MannyIsGod
10-28-2010, 04:44 PM
This is pretty retarded but so is most of the shit Stern comes up ith.

The Gemini Method
10-28-2010, 04:49 PM
Plain stupid and whatever other superlatives everyone else has said in the previous posts...

Obstructed_View
10-28-2010, 04:50 PM
There's just no need to be so petty about irrelevant shit.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_pbV9QqddqnE/S7S6vCd8mAI/AAAAAAAABeY/sP0RW5UB5m8/s1600/irony2.jpg

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2010, 04:52 PM
The NBA is trying to project a clean-cut image by scaling back on all the ######dom

koriwhat
10-28-2010, 04:59 PM
it's not really my place to say, but some of yall really need to check yourselves before yall start throwing words around as if they're cool/funny to say.

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2010, 05:12 PM
i still don't know how a 5ft jew became the commissioner of nba bball. i mean, can he even perform a layup? that's almost like appointing a dipshit to run our country for 8 solid yrs with no brains or experience.

it's not really my place to say, but some of all really need to check yourselves before yall start throwing words around as if they're cool/funny to say.

koriwhat
10-28-2010, 05:19 PM
ok so i said jew and that's what, derogatory now? who knew?

i guess i can see how you interpreted that by the way it's laid out here.

rogcl1
10-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Don't see what the big deal is to wear them properly just as you see it the other way. I worked at my job for 30 years and there was a dress code to conform to set by my employer. If I did not like the code , I could work somewhere else.
These guys are getting paid for their work and I don't see it as unreasonable to set the standard for wearing the uniform and accessories as determined by their employers.

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2010, 05:25 PM
ok so i said jew and that's what, derogatory now? who knew?

how would you like to be called that?

gaKNOW!blee
10-28-2010, 05:45 PM
i honestly thinks its disrespectful to the league that made your dumbass a millionaire by wearing its logo upside down and i suppor this rule....but thats just me.

mingus
10-28-2010, 05:46 PM
koriwhitetrash!

Xylus
10-28-2010, 05:47 PM
1. I'm not sure why David Stern cares.

2. I'm not sure why any of you care that this rule was made. Seriously.

ALVAREZ6
10-28-2010, 06:42 PM
2. I'm not sure why any of you care that this rule was made. Seriously.

Well it's not like I truly care, or that it's going to affect my daily life. No shit.

But this is a forum, I was bored at the time, started a thread about it because it's a stupid rule. And it's not only meant to be about this sole issues, but also the pussification of the nba as a whole.

Also, the past week in this forum has been only a bunch of laker trolls starting retarded threads at really high rates. Sorry for trying to change that.

AussieFanKurt
10-29-2010, 02:22 AM
lol at this

Smooth Criminal
10-29-2010, 03:52 AM
/Users/drj42094/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2010/Oct 28, 2010_3/tumblr_laijmeYK7N1qayzvw.jpg

pauls931
10-29-2010, 08:17 AM
If any of you guys worked in big business, you'll understand how important brand is to some companies. I doubt they care about upside down head bands, but once you put the NBA logo on there, marketing and legal will go crazy. Ya, it's stupid, but I see where they're coming from. Misuse your brand and you can lose the right to protect it legally.

duncan228
10-29-2010, 11:08 PM
New rule turns Rondo’s headband habit upside-down (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=txrondosheadband)

Rajon Rondo has stopped wearing a headband after the league instituted a new rule that prohibits players from wearing one with the logo upside-down.

Rondo had become a familiar sight with the sweatband, which he wore upside-down for unknown reasons. But NBA spokesman Tim Frank said a league rule prohibits players from wearing the headbands inside-out or upside-down.

So Rondo ditched the headband altogether.

Rondo wouldn’t comment Friday night on the reasons for the new look.

The new rule was first reported by ESPN.com.

crc21209
10-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Wow...what a fucking joke..but still, what's wrong with just wearing it the right way? The 1st time I saw someone rockin' the headband with the logo upside down I was kinda like "WTF why does he wear it like that?" :lol

GuerillaBlack
10-29-2010, 11:50 PM

I know. I can't believe America even elected Bush. No different than Stern in the NBA.

DeadlyDynasty
10-30-2010, 12:01 AM
I know. I can't believe America even elected Bush. No different than Stern in the NBA.

well, techincally we didn't...

ALVAREZ6
10-30-2010, 03:27 AM
well, techincally we didn't...

lol, :tu

TE
10-30-2010, 03:43 AM
fuck stern.

TwelveGs210
10-30-2010, 09:40 AM
Lol @ this "respect for the game" crusade he's running. Good luck with getting the players to agree to take a 33% paycut also you stubby faggot.

Giuseppe
10-30-2010, 09:45 AM
The crackdown on in game demonstrative displays was a long time coming. It's tightened up the game considerably. Permission/encouragement to act that way prior only accelerated the behavior, refined it (like end zone celebrations). I'm glad it's over and they've been forced to actually play ball without periodic timeouts to show their ass.

Stern is genius. He's taken the game and turned it into a disciplined business.

TwelveGs210
10-30-2010, 09:49 AM
The crackdown on in game demonstrative displays was a long time coming. It's tightened up the game considerably. Permission/encouragement to act that way prior only accelerated the behavior, refined it (like end zone celebrations). I'm glad it's over and they've been forced to actually play ball without periodic timeouts to show their ass.

Stern is genius. He's taken the game and turned it into a disciplined business.
Mr. Stern, shouldn't you have something better to do besides trolling a random NBA forum?

Giuseppe
10-30-2010, 09:55 AM
No, after getting routed by the Viets, I retired to my country estate in the barrio, Phoenix, Arizona, where I stomp mudholes by day, and walk 'em dry by night.

dunkman
10-30-2010, 10:32 AM
Petty detail but still make ridicule of the NBA by their own stars. It also sets to tone of discipline to avoid bigger problems in the future.

Roxsfan
10-30-2010, 01:56 PM
I hate David Stern. The end.