PDA

View Full Version : Woman Blames FarmVille for Killing Her Baby

JudynTX
10-28-2010, 03:26 PM
WTF???????? :bang

22-year-old Alexandra V. Tobias entered a plea of guilty to to second-degree murder today in the shaking death of three-month-old Dylan Lee Edmonson. She told investigators that she became angry with the infant because he was crying while she was playing FarmVille on Facebook; she claimed she shook the baby, had a cigarette and then shook him again, adding that he may have hit his head while she was shaking him.

Tobias will be sentenced in December and although guidelines call for 25 to 50 years in prison, Judge Adrian Soud gave no indication as to the length of the sentence he'll impose.

Blaming videogames for inexcusable behavior is nothing new but as Gamezebo pointed out, this incident could be awkward for Zynga because it's been so open in the past about its "calculating and psychological" efforts to make its games as addictive as possible. It's obviously no excuse, but evil can always find a way to justify itself and given Zynga's history and the dodgy reputation it's already saddled with, this kind of publicity is just about the last thing it needs.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104780-Woman-Blames-FarmVille-for-Killing-Her-Baby

koriwhat
10-28-2010, 03:37 PM
dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

mrsmaalox
10-28-2010, 04:01 PM
Good thing the meth didn't have anything to do with it.

clambake
10-28-2010, 04:04 PM
too lazy. whats farmville?

z0sa
10-28-2010, 04:21 PM
she claimed she shook the baby, had a cigarette and then shook him again, adding that he may have hit his head while she was shaking him.

Had to take a cig break after all that farmville and baby shaking? What a piece of shit.

CubanMustGo
10-28-2010, 04:37 PM
too lazy. whats farmville?

It's this stupid Facebook game that you have to constantly babysit in order to grow crops, raise cattle, get a larger farm, etc. etc. etc.

No, I've never played it, but had to turn off FV messages on FB because so many ppl are obsessed with it.

ALVAREZ6
10-28-2010, 04:44 PM
Every few weeks here in the club forum I'm always amazed by a story that somehow reveals something more disturbing than the last disturbing one.

Is it possible to be a human of lower quality?

If I stumbled upon this bitch I'd put her cig out in her eye and stomp her brains out.

clambake
10-28-2010, 04:44 PM
It's this stupid Facebook game that you have to constantly babysit in order to grow crops, raise cattle, get a larger farm, etc. etc. etc.

No, I've never played it, but had to turn off FV messages on FB because so many ppl are obsessed with it.

thanks. constantly babysit........just to keep dumbass people on facebook?

ALVAREZ6
10-28-2010, 04:48 PM
thanks. constantly babysit........just to keep dumbass people on facebook?

American culture

Breeding great future members of society :tu

silverblk mystix
10-28-2010, 04:48 PM
Every few weeks here in the club forum I'm always amazed by a story that somehow reveals something more disturbing than the last disturbing one.

If I stumbled upon this bitch I'd put her cig out in her eye and stomp her brains out.

Great. :toast

Then we could read about you doing that to her and think what kind of a human being would put out a cig in another person's eye....?

Xevious
10-28-2010, 05:34 PM
Some dumb bitch killed her baby... that isn't anything new or impressive.

What does piss me off are fuckups like this blaming video games for their own problems. I don't care about Farmville (or Facebook for that matter), but some crotchety politician is going to hear this girl's story and try to use it for his own agenda. Video games have been under too much scrutiny as it is.

Jekka
10-28-2010, 05:45 PM
... people like this ... if it hadn't been "Farmville" it would have been something else.

SourCandy
10-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Perhaps they should put farmville in the next "saw" movie..with some ironic twist. That's if ppl still watch it.

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2010, 06:43 PM
very disturbing to say the least

ALVAREZ6
10-28-2010, 06:44 PM
Great. :toast

Then we could read about you doing that to her and think what kind of a human being would put out a cig in another person's eye....?
I would hope any decent human being would do that to a person that shakes a baby to its death. You'd be against retaliation to the kind of person that violently murders a fucking 3 month year old?

Get real.

DeadlyDynasty
10-28-2010, 06:53 PM
I would hope any decent human being would do that to a person that shakes a baby to its death. You'd be against retaliation to the kind of person that violently murders a fucking 3 month year old?

Get real.

:lol...sorry, that just sounded funny when I read it out loud.

btw i agree...it would be hard for me to restrain myself from harming such a person, especially when they showed little remorse and blamed a damn facebook game

Dex
10-28-2010, 06:56 PM
If it wasn't Farmville, it would've been Mobsters, or Mah jong, or Minesweeper.

Point is Farmville didn't kill that baby. Stupidity and that dumb broad killed that baby. She can try to blame her aggression on whatever she pleases.

BlackSwordsMan
10-28-2010, 07:00 PM
sad thing about the story is no one will take over her crops and they'll die =[

ChuckD
10-28-2010, 07:32 PM
sad thing about the story is no one will take over her crops and they'll die =[

No, the REALLY sad thing is that she is probably more upset that her crops are dying than that her baby is dead.

easjer
10-28-2010, 08:48 PM
... people like this ... if it hadn't been "Farmville" it would have been something else.

Yes, which only continues to reinforce that the universe is not a fair or reasonable place.

That poor baby.:depressed

ALVAREZ6
10-28-2010, 10:22 PM
:lol...sorry, that just sounded funny when I read it out loud.

btw i agree...it would be hard for me to restrain myself from harming such a person, especially when they showed little remorse and blamed a damn facebook game

Yeah haha I caught that mistake just now..

ALVAREZ6
10-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Yes, which only continues to reinforce that the universe is not a fair or reasonable place.

That poor baby.:depressed

It's so fucked up on so many levels. Very, very sad for that baby.

And you're completely right that our world isn't a fair place. But, as Americans we should come together and change our criminal laws in hopes of at least making our country a fair place. What I am getting at is I'm all for very harsh consequences for people like this... rapists, child molesters, murderers in general. Our costs for running and supporting life for people of such low quality are unnecessarily high. So why not give them automatic death penalty, and I don't mean put them to sleep. Give 'em hell, to at least make the situation a little bit more fair. Torture them to death, give them a brutal death experience, just as they did to someone else.

Even with stricter penalties, I acknowledge the victim, especially in this case the baby, still suffers more for being innocently murdered and missing out on life, but it's better than 20 years in jail, or putting them to sleep. And this kind of system would at least discourage people from being sick ass shitheads, at a lower cost.

phyzik
10-28-2010, 11:45 PM
This just goes to prove the point that its not games that are the problem, its the people.

If this was someone playing Call of duty or Grand Theft Auto, people would be going nuts again like it was columbine.

Trainwreck2100
10-29-2010, 12:03 AM
At least she didn't try to blame a black guy

ducks
10-29-2010, 12:17 AM
every few weeks here in the club forum i'm always amazed by a story that somehow reveals something more disturbing than the last disturbing one.

If i stumbled upon this bitch i'd put her cig out in her eye and stomp her brains out.

i would cut her tits off

ducks
10-29-2010, 12:18 AM
It's so fucked up on so many levels. Very, very sad for that baby.

And you're completely right that our world isn't a fair place. But, as Americans we should come together and change our criminal laws in hopes of at least making our country a fair place. What I am getting at is I'm all for very harsh consequences for people like this... rapists, child molesters, murderers in general. Our costs for running and supporting life for people of such low quality are unnecessarily high. So why not give them automatic death penalty, and I don't mean put them to sleep. Give 'em hell, to at least make the situation a little bit more fair. Torture them to death, give them a brutal death experience, just as they did to someone else.

Even with stricter penalties, I acknowledge the victim, especially in this case the baby, still suffers more for being innocently murdered and missing out on life, but it's better than 20 years in jail, or putting them to sleep. And this kind of system would at least discourage people from being sick ass shitheads, at a lower cost.

IT IS FUCKED UP IT IS ILLEGAL TO KILL THE 3 MONTH OLD BUT IT IS LEGAL TO KILL THE BABY IN THE MOTHER:bang:bang:bang:bang

phyzik
10-29-2010, 12:32 AM
IT IS FUCKED UP IT IS ILLEGAL TO KILL THE 3 MONTH OLD BUT IT IS LEGAL TO KILL THE BABY IN THE MOTHER:bang:bang:bang:bang

Ducks, are you the lady that sits outside the abortion clinic off of Babcock and Fredricksburg every day?

Big difference between a 3yr old baby and a 2-3 month old fetus....

Do you eat eggs? Caviar?

what if you had a daughter and she was raped and got pregnant by the rapist? would you force her to have that child?

ALVAREZ6
10-29-2010, 12:56 AM
i would cut her tits off
:lmao:downspin::downspin::lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol: lmfao

funniest ducks quote ever

to21
10-29-2010, 07:37 AM
American culture

Breeding great future members of society :tuThis story could've happen anywhere in the world, don't blame it on "American culture".

MiamiHeat
10-29-2010, 07:55 AM
eh

never played any of those dumb facebook games but basically...

most of the people who play farmville and shit, they are just the "newbie" generation that finally went online and started using computers during the mid 2000's. they are new to video games and shit, so this garbage addicts them.

to21
10-29-2010, 08:07 AM
eh

never played any of those dumb facebook games but basically...

most of the people who play farmville and shit, they are just the "newbie" generation that finally went online and started using computers during the mid 2000's. they are new to video games and shit, so this garbage addicts them.You'd be surprised.....I know a lot of middle aged people that play FarmVille, Mafia Wars and all that other shit.

The Franchise
10-29-2010, 12:32 PM
The world would be a better place if they just killed these types of fucking people.

z0sa
10-29-2010, 12:37 PM
The world would be a better place if they just killed these types of fucking people.

Until "the world" decides you're one of "these types."

ALVAREZ6
10-29-2010, 12:46 PM

:tu

I'm all about reciprocation, give them an inhumane death to return the favor.

Trainwreck2100
10-29-2010, 12:52 PM

Do you eat eggs? Caviar?

dumbest analogy ever