PDA

View Full Version : Positives from Game 1

1Parker1
05-22-2005, 05:36 PM
1) Brent Barry hitting those back-to-back three's in the 4th, without hesitation!
2) Robert Horry going back to his old days, hitting inserting a 3 pointer when needed and hustling on defense
3) Tony Parker going head to head against MVP of league and score 29 points
4) Manu making the shot from half-court to end regulation in the first quarter--very nice!
5) Timmy not having his offensive game, yet again, but not backing down and contining to spend 5 minutes concentrating on each FT :)
6) Bruce Bowen with the Manu/Tony-esque spin move and banker in the first quarter---like to see that more often!
7) Nazr in the first half---hustling like crazy with offensive rebounds, put-backs, and blocked shots--Malik who?
8) Spurs scoring freaking 42 points in the 4th quarter alone----Suns defense, say hello to Spurs offense

Feel free to add your highlights of the game :)

Experiment2100
05-22-2005, 05:36 PM
9) we won

Zan the Fan
05-22-2005, 05:39 PM
Let's not get too ahead of ourselves here. It was basically 3 on 5 out there today. If Marion had actually showed up at all this game would have been much tighter. The only guys who looked ready for the Suns were Nash, Stoudemire, and Jimmy J. I won't even mention the way Q-Richardson has turned into the invisible man this post season....

:duck

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Marion showed up, he just had Bowen locked on him like a straight jacket.

Horry For 3!
05-22-2005, 05:43 PM
Q-rich hasn't done shit in the postseason or did anything against the Spurs in the regular season. I don't see him getting hot anytime soon.

T Park
05-22-2005, 05:43 PM
well zan, the reason Marion didnt score alot was Nash and Stoudamire took alot of shots.

There is only ONE ball.

Q-Richardson has turned into the invisible man this post season

two words.

Perimiter defense.

if you put a hand in his face he is useless on the offensive end.

1Parker1
05-22-2005, 05:45 PM
Let's not get too ahead of ourselves here. It was basically 3 on 5 out there today. If Marion had actually showed up at all this game would have been much tighter. The only guys who looked ready for the Suns were Nash, Stoudemire, and Jimmy J. I won't even mention the way Q-Richardson has turned into the invisible man this post season....

:duck

Hey, read the thread title...POSTIVES of game 1. I know its a long way from being over, and obviously there were some things that Spurs could have done better, etc. I'm just trying to savor this win in which Spurs went on the road in the WC and scored 43 freaking points in the 4th quarter.

ShoogarBear
05-22-2005, 05:45 PM
Q Rich is by far the most overrated player on the Suns. When he went out earlier this year, the Sunss were MUCH better with Jackson starting.

Q thinks he's a 3 point stud, when in reality he's much better posting up.

Thank God D'Antoni doesn't seem to realize this.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-22-2005, 05:48 PM
One thing that worries me about game 2: D'Antoni commented in the post-game about how we were guarding QRich with Tim.

You know they're going to try and get that matchup and attack it in game 2.

1Parker1
05-22-2005, 05:49 PM
Did you see Joe Johnson being interviewed by Michelle during the game? I had to look away from the TV--it looked like he had a blood clot or something on the far left side of his eye--ewww!

Also they kept replaying the play where he got injured--I think i saw his head bounce on the floor. Looks painfull...we'll see how he plays when he comes back.

ALVAREZ6
05-22-2005, 06:01 PM
Barry finally showed up for the first time in the play-offs.

We won.

ALVAREZ6
05-22-2005, 06:02 PM
Did you see Q-Rich being interviewed by Michelle during the game? I had to look away from the TV--it looked like he had a blood clot or something on the far left side of his eye--ewww!

BTW, that was Joe Johnson.

Trooper 2112
05-22-2005, 06:03 PM
Did the Spurs take home court?

T Park
05-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Joe Johnson coming back just means less shots for Jim Jackson.

Fine with me.