PDA

View Full Version : Better feeling: Team of the Decade or Repeat?

Ode to Triple Ocho
10-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Laker fans were fortunate enough to see their team accomplish both feats recently. Curious, which one tasted better?

Personally I have to go with TOTD...three separate back2backs in the last 30 years sorta makes the experience a bit stale. It's funny because the Lakers were on the brink of diasaster and then FUCK, number 15 out of nowhere, while simultaneously taking a huge dump in the San Antonio Spurs mouth.

Of course the incoming triangle-peat will taste like shaved pussy, doused with sweet butter; maybe even rivaling the ultimate orgasm which was the 2000 :lobt:

TheMACHINE
10-28-2010, 07:44 PM
repeating feels better...shows you can play when the target is on you instead of folding like a pussy.

21_Dickings
10-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Awesome, awesome thread. But why separate the two feats into a choice?

Us Lakers fans are more than capable of suckin' two dicks at the same time, simultaneously tasting the unique flavors and complexities of each penis, so we can easily enjoy the feeling of both of these accomplishments without having to choose. Kinda like the way I take both cumshots at once, rather than alternate.

Machine knows what I'm talking about. Me and DrHouse often give him a full meal when we get together, if you know what I mean.

Again. Great, great thread.

picc84
10-28-2010, 07:55 PM
Repeat aint nothing, every truly great player and team will do that.

Team of the decade i'd have to say is the higher honor.

Albert Haynesworth
10-28-2010, 07:56 PM
Me and DrHouse

tbh, it's Dr House not DrHouse

DrHouse was the original dumbass that left a year ago. Dr House is the troll that was made to mimick his posting style

Ode to Triple Ocho
10-28-2010, 07:57 PM
tbh, it's Dr House not DrHouse

DrHouse was the original dumbass that left a year ago. Dr House is the troll that was made to mimick his posting style

Shut the Fuck Up

Venti Quattro
cobbler can answer your question

Ashy Larry
Gotta love that Team of the Decade ......

4 is always greater than three

Ode to Triple Ocho
10-28-2010, 07:59 PM
4 is always greater than three

You see Laker fan is good at math.

Can't say the same about those Texan rubes.

midnightpulp
10-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Repeat aint nothing, every truly great player and team will do that.

Team of the decade i'd have to say is the higher honor.

Thanks, Laker fan for admitting consistency is worth more than quick 2 year streaks.

As a Spurs fan, knowing that most major news sources, such as ESPN.com and The Sporting News, chose the Spurs as Team of the Decade makes me feel pretty good and it is an honor.

Albert Haynesworth
10-28-2010, 08:01 PM
Shut the Fuck Up

i love you

midnightpulp
10-28-2010, 08:02 PM
i love you

Is this faggot OdetoKobe'sCock a troll or a legit poster?

I sense RK, but I'm not sure.

picc84
10-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Thanks, Laker fan for admitting consistency is worth more than quick 2 year streaks.

As a Spurs fan, knowing that most major news sources, such as ESPN.com and The Sporting News, chose the Spurs as Team of the Decade makes me feel pretty good and it is an honor.

I know the Spurs consistently get buttfucked the year after winning a championship.

Ashy Larry
10-28-2010, 08:08 PM
all those extra 50 win season basically equals nothing in the grand scheme of things. hell, the lakers did more in nine playoff years than the spurs did in ten

.444 > .300

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
10-28-2010, 08:08 PM
Some of the greatest teams in NBA history never repeated. See 1970-1986 to start.

Willis Reed's Knicks at their prime would have killed anything Russell had. Yes, I know they lost to them in 1969, Russell's Celtics upset everyone in his swan song, and the Knicks weren't yet the Knicks.

Reed C
Frazier PG
Monroe SG
DeBusschere PF
Bradley SF

Bench: Lucas F/C

Larry Bird's Celtics or Dr. J's Sixers would have done a dance on those 60's Celtics. tim's Spurs won more titles than any of those 3 teams and would not only beat Russell's teams as well, they would do just fine against the others.

midnightpulp
10-28-2010, 08:10 PM
Lakers not chosen by most legit sources as ToD :cry

But feel free to read such garbage as SilverScreenNRoll and masturbate to your heart's content about the constant virtual blowjobs they give the Lakers, something you'd no doubt like to do in the real - one man (you) train sucking the entire Lakers roster.

And unlike Kate Faber, I'm sure you'd have no problem letting Kobe nut all over your face.

Ode to Triple Ocho
10-28-2010, 08:12 PM
all those extra 50 win season basically equals nothing in the grand scheme of things. hell, the lakers did more in nine playoff years than the spurs did in ten

.444 > .300

stop confusing San Antonio's massive hillbilly demographic with all this complicated maths

midnightpulp
10-28-2010, 08:13 PM

.444 > .300

Sorry, Larry. You know I think highly of you as a poster, but I'm going to have to respectfully disagree.

And I'm consistent with this POV. When the Lakers were sitting at 14 rings, I proclaimed the greatest franchise of all time despite being 3 behind the Celts. Why? Their overall winning percentage is much more impressive and they missed the playoffs less time in their history.

Like it or not, it takes some luck to win a 'ship.

picc84
10-28-2010, 08:14 PM
But feel free to read such garbage as SilverScreenNRoll and masturbate to your heart's content about the constant virtual blowjobs they give the Lakers, something you'd no doubt like to do in the real - one man (you) train sucking the entire Lakers roster.

And unlike Kate Faber, I'm sure you'd have no problem letting Kobe nut all over your face.

I know the Spurs have consistently been smoked out of the playoffs since '07.

midnightpulp
10-28-2010, 08:16 PM
I know the Spurs have consistently been smoked out of the playoffs since '07.

oooohhh. sick burn!

midnightpulp
10-28-2010, 08:17 PM
stop confusing San Antonio's massive hillbilly demographic with all this complicated maths

Like Los Angeles's large illegal alien beaner demographic would understand any better.

Koolaid_Man
10-28-2010, 08:20 PM

say Midget...take notes from Kool...winning back to back or 3 peating is like multiple nuts in one fuck...see you can't achieve that and never could...it's what keeps the girls coming back....The Spurs are one and done just like their fans...it takes real man to cum in dat pussy 2 times in succession...but 3 times and you fucking el ray Presidente...now you boyz in SA wouldn't know shit about that...:lol

picc84
10-28-2010, 08:20 PM
I know the Spurs have consistently laid down for the Lakers.

Gutter92
10-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Good to see that Laker fans can now fully appreciate the 50+ win season streak, as they appreciate consistency too it seems ;)

Koolaid_Man
10-28-2010, 08:26 PM
Laker fans were fortunate enough to see their team accomplish both feats recently. Curious, which one tasted better?

Personally I have to go with TOTD...three separate back2backs in the last 30 years sorta makes the experience a bit stale. It's funny because the Lakers were on the brink of diasaster and then FUCK, number 15 out of nowhere, while simultaneously taking a huge dump in the San Antonio Spurs mouth.

Of course the incoming triangle-peat will taste like shaved pussy, doused with sweet butter; maybe even rivaling the ultimate orgasm which was the 2000 :lobt:

I will tell you what Kool is planning to do on the 3 peat....Once we 3 ringer...Imma have a fuck party...Kool and 2 of his bottom bitches....and Imma make sure the Ho's clean themselves up with Tim Duncan jersey's...if they're bleeding even better...:lmao

Ode to Triple Ocho
10-28-2010, 08:31 PM
I will tell you what Kool is planning to do on the 3 peat....Once we 3 ringer...Imma have a fuck party...Kool and 2 of his bottom bitches....and Imma make sure the Ho's clean themselves up with Tim Duncan jersey's...if they're bleeding even better...:lmao

what's sick is midnightpumpmyass might actually enjoy that

midnightpulp
10-28-2010, 08:34 PM
I know the Spurs have consistently laid down for the Lakers.

Too bad you didn't know who was chosen as Team of the Decade by most reputable sources.

Step away from SilverScreenNRoll. You just might learn something.

Ashy Larry
10-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Sorry, Larry. You know I think highly of you as a poster, but I'm going to have to respectfully disagree.

And I'm consistent with this POV. When the Lakers were sitting at 14 rings, I proclaimed the greatest franchise of all time despite being 3 behind the Celts. Why? Their overall winning percentage is much more impressive and they missed the playoffs less time in their history.

Like it or not, it takes some luck to win a 'ship.

Much appreciated. This is a slippery slope. The Spurs have been the most consistent in that decade. They were on the brink technically every year whereas the Lakers did have a slight rebuilding period which took only 1.5 years. But I'm one of those bottom line type of people. You play for championships and the Lakers had more in that decade and scooped up the first one in the next decade. If there was any tie-breaker, that should have been it.

midnightpulp
10-28-2010, 08:36 PM
what's sick is midnightpumpmyass might actually enjoy that

Says the faggot whose name is "Ode to Triple Ocho." How fuckin homosexual is that? :lmao

What, is your "ode" to Kobe your ass in the air for him to bulldoze?

midnightpulp
10-28-2010, 08:42 PM
Much appreciated. This is a slippery slope. The Spurs have been the most consistent in that decade. They were on the brink technically every year whereas the Lakers did have a slight rebuilding period which took only 1.5 years. But I'm one of those bottom line type of people. You play for championships and the Lakers had more in that decade and scooped up the first one in the next decade. If there was any tie-breaker, that should have been it.

Fair enough. But the rebuilding period took 3 years. The Spurs were never irrelevant for 3 years, like the Lakers. Still, I have no problems with the "bottom line" approach.

But if you're going to take that line of reasoning, you have to put Duncan over Kobe as Player of the Decade. Duncan has more individual hardware (MVPs, Finals MVPs, All-NBA team selections) during that period.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
10-28-2010, 08:43 PM

I remember the discussion on TV last December, don't remember if it was TNT or ESPN. Magic Johnson called it a tie. I searched and didn't see your articles, but found two major sources that picked the Lakers:

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/vince_thomas/12/15/lakers.spurs.debate/index.html
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2009-12-29-team-decade-lakers-spurs_N.htm

I ignored the other links I found, never heard of most, but they were picking the Lakers.

Here's an interesting one we won't count: http://sportige.com/2000-2009-nba-rankings/

So it's 2-2 among major sources. Anyone care to look further? It's got to be a link from a major respected site. Let's break this tie! Also, being second is no dishonor.

midnightpulp
10-28-2010, 08:47 PM
I remember the discussion on TV last December, don't remember if it was TNT or ESPN. Magic Johnson called it a tie. I searched and didn't see your articles, but found two major sources that picked the Lakers:

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/vince_thomas/12/15/lakers.spurs.debate/index.html
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2009-12-29-team-decade-lakers-spurs_N.htm

I ignored the other links I found, never heard of most. So it's 2-2 among major sources. Anyone care to look further? It's got to be a link from a major respected site. Let's break this tie! Also, being second is no dishonor.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/090925_teamofdecade.html?rss=true

And Mark Stein on ESPN picked the Spurs as ToD and Kobe as PoD. Trying to find the article.

midnightpulp
10-28-2010, 08:49 PM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/090925_teamofdecade.html?rss=true

And Mark Stein on ESPN picked the Spurs as ToD and Kobe as PoD. Trying to find the article.

Here we go:

1. Which is the franchise of the decade?
• Los Angeles Lakers
• San Antonio Spurs

It's not an easy trick to pick the Spurs here after they lost four of their five playoff showdowns with the Lakers in the 2000s … but we're doing it anyway.

Beyond the three Tim Duncan-led championships (2003, 2005 and 2007) that stand as the league's loudest counter to any conspiracy theorist, or its 10-for-10 run of 50-win seasons, San Antonio is the franchise so many other franchises want to emulate philosophically.

Want proof?

You'll note that four Gregg Popovich/R.C. Buford disciples (Cleveland's Danny Ferry, Phoenix's Steve Kerr, Oklahoma City's Sam Presti and Portland's Kevin Pritchard) are running front offices in other cities. And that three of the decade's younger coach of the year winners (Orlando's Doc Rivers in 2000, Dallas' Avery Johnson in 2006 and Cleveland's Mike Brown in 2009) were also Pop-trained.

A small-market team's keeping pace with the Lakers, without the blessing of a Pau Gasol donation, is a trick that can't be ignored.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-091119-20/weekend-dime-picking-decade-best

midnightpulp
10-28-2010, 08:54 PM
We represented the West 6 times, jackass.

You were also in the lottery and irrelevant for 3 years.

Ah, Memphis...

Ode to Triple Ocho
10-28-2010, 09:12 PM
irrelevant for 3 years.

Ah, Memphis...

While the Spurs were irrelevant 4 years..

Ah, Timmeh

Back to back Team of the Decade anyone? :downspin:

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
10-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Here we go:

1. Which is the franchise of the decade?
• Los Angeles Lakers
• San Antonio Spurs

It's not an easy trick to pick the Spurs here after they lost four of their five playoff showdowns with the Lakers in the 2000s … but we're doing it anyway.

Beyond the three Tim Duncan-led championships (2003, 2005 and 2007) that stand as the league's loudest counter to any conspiracy theorist, or its 10-for-10 run of 50-win seasons, San Antonio is the franchise so many other franchises want to emulate philosophically.

Want proof?

You'll note that four Gregg Popovich/R.C. Buford disciples (Cleveland's Danny Ferry, Phoenix's Steve Kerr, Oklahoma City's Sam Presti and Portland's Kevin Pritchard) are running front offices in other cities. And that three of the decade's younger coach of the year winners (Orlando's Doc Rivers in 2000, Dallas' Avery Johnson in 2006 and Cleveland's Mike Brown in 2009) were also Pop-trained.

A small-market team's keeping pace with the Lakers, without the blessing of a Pau Gasol donation, is a trick that can't be ignored.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-091119-20/weekend-dime-picking-decade-best

Ok, so right now it's a tie, if we accept the premise that only major news sources should count. I can't think of a reason not to deny this, anyone can post on Bleacher Report, or make their own blog.

Happy hunting!

midnightpulp
10-28-2010, 09:20 PM
Ok, so right now it's a tie, if we accept the premise that only major news sources should count. I can't think of a reason not to deny this, anyone can post on Bleacher Report, or make their own blog.

Happy hunting!

Truth be told, I was devil's advocating Laker fan and countertrolling OdetoKobe'sCock retarded thread.

Personally, I have the Lakers as the ToD, because of the extra 'ship, and Tim Duncan as the PoD, because he captured more individual hardware and was the more dominant player, leader of 3 championship teams.

Rather it be the other way around, though.

Koolaid_Man
10-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Truth be told, I was devil's advocating Laker fan and countertrolling OdetoKobe'sCock retarded thread.

Personally, I have the Lakers as the ToD, because of the extra 'ship, and Tim Duncan as the PoD, because he captured more individual hardware and was the more dominant player, leader of 3 championship teams.

Rather it be the other way around, though.

Kobe is the player of the 21st century..and even when Duncan was winning titles Kobe was still more popular domestically and internationally and meant more to the NBA than Duncan ever has...and that's pretty sad IMHO....

In fact Kobe meant more to the league than the whole Spurs franchise...during Duncan's reign....If Kobe would have stopped playing he would have took at least half of NBA fans with him. They would have turned to NFL or MLB. If Duncan called it quits during his prime or title years no one would have batted an eye.

midnightpulp
10-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Kobe is the player of the 21st century..and even when Duncan was winning titles Kobe was still more popular domestically and internationally and meant more to the NBA than Duncan ever has...and that's pretty sad IMHO....

In fact Kobe meant more to the league than the whole Spurs franchise...during Duncan's reign....If Kobe would have stopped playing he would have took at least half of NBA fans with him. They would have turned to NFL or MLB. If Duncan called it quits during his prime or title years no one would have batted an eye.

Hi, Koolaid_Man.

Let's read your post....

Yeah, it's pretty shitty.

Koolaid_Man
10-28-2010, 09:33 PM
Hi, Koolaid_Man.

Let's read your post....

Yeah, it's pretty shitty.

My post is meant to be the actual shit...the Spurs are the toilet and Timmy is the water that my shit hits...and well Mid...your throat is the sewage pipes that carry it all away...

midnightpulp
10-28-2010, 09:34 PM
My post is meant to be the actual shit...the Spurs are the toilet and Timmy is the water that my shit hits...and well Mid...your throat is the sewage pipes that carry it all away...

Let's read this post...

Yeah, fuckin' sucks. I'm sure you thought that was good smack, but it's not.

Koolaid_Man
10-28-2010, 09:36 PM
Let's read this post...

Yeah, fuckin' sucks. I'm sure you thought that was good smack, but it's not.

You just don't get it...I'm not here to be funny...I here to shit on you...that's it mid and that's all...shit on you...no one laughs when getting shitted on...I don't expect you too either...:king

midnightpulp
10-28-2010, 09:37 PM
You just don't get it...I'm not here to be funny...I here to shit on you...that's it mid and that's all...shit on you...no one laughs when getting shitted on...I don't expect you too either...:king

Let's see if you're getting any better...

Hmmm...

Nope. Post fuckin' blows.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
10-28-2010, 09:40 PM
Well, Sports Illustrated combined all sports and has Lakers #1 franchise and Spurs #4. That just shows how great these two teams are, and all you folks do is get in each other's shit, lol.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/magazine/specials/2000s/12/21/top.25.franchises/index.html

top male athletes all sports: Kobe #7, Tim #12, Shaq #14:

Best sports rivalries (major WTF on first two)

Kobe vs. Shaq at #4: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0912/all-decade.best.rivalries.2000s/content.4.html

JJ Redick vs Adam Morrison at #14 http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0912/all-decade.best.rivalries.2000s/content.14.html

Lakers vs. Spurs at #17
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0912/all-decade.best.rivalries.2000s/content.17.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/magazine/specials/2000s/12/21/top.25.franchises/index.html

Best coaches all sports. Phil #1, Pop # 6: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/magazine/specials/2000s/12/14/top.coaches/index.html