PDA

View Full Version : Lawrence Tribe tried to get Obama...

Yonivore
10-28-2010, 10:19 PM
...not to appoint Sotomayor.

Liberal Legal Icon Laurence Tribe In Letter To Obama: Don't Appoint Sotomayor, She's A Bully (http://www.nationalreview.com/bench-memos/251301/tribe-obama-sotomayor-not-nearly-smart-she-seems-think-she-ed-whelan)

Bottom line? Don't nominate Sotomayor.

Bluntly put, she’s not nearly as smart as she seems to think she is, and her reputation for being something of a bully could well make her liberal impulses backfire and simply add to the fire power of the Roberts/Alito/Scalia/Thomas wing of the Court on issues like those involved in the voting rights case argued last week and the Title VII case of the New Haven firefighters argued earlier, issues on which Kennedy will probably vote with Roberts despite Souter’s influence but on which I don’t regard Kennedy as a lost cause for the decade or so that he is likely to remain on the Court.
Being the Constitutional Scholar he is, Obama told Tribe to shut the fuck up and get in the back seat.

ChumpDumper
10-28-2010, 10:36 PM
Bottom line.

You never heard of Laurence Tribe.

You can't even spell his name when it is there in your own link.

Yonivore
10-28-2010, 10:41 PM
Bottom line.

You never heard of Laurence Tribe.

You can't even spell his name when it is there in your own link.
Bush v. Gore.

So, I didn't confirm the spelling while typing. BFD. And, you're right, he's not one of my heroes so, no, I wasn't familiar with the uncommon spelling of his name.

ChumpDumper
10-28-2010, 10:43 PM
And you didn't read your own linked article where name was spelled correctly.

:tu

Yonivore
10-28-2010, 10:45 PM
And you didn't read your own linked article where the correct spelling was.

I read it. I just didn't bother to go back and confirm the spelling. What's your point?

I think it's a bigger story that 1) Tribe, a liberal icon on constitutional law tried to dissuade the President from appointing Sotomayor, 2) Obama ignored him, and 3) this letter ever saw the light of day.

But, you keep bleating about my misspelling. That's the story!

Back to ignore.

balli
10-28-2010, 10:48 PM
Back to ignore.

http://www.funnyfidos.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/funny-dog-pissed-on1.jpg

johnsmith
10-29-2010, 12:10 AM
And you didn't read your own linked article where name was spelled correctly.

Spelling smack Chump? I'd expect that from say GGA, but you're better than that.

Yonivore
10-29-2010, 12:11 AM
Spelling smack Chump? I'd expect that from say GGA, but you're better than that.
No, he's not. I regret pulling him out of the ignore bin for that nonsense.

Winehole23
10-29-2010, 01:17 AM
I think it's a bigger story that 1) Tribe, a liberal icon on constitutional law tried to dissuade the President from appointing Sotomayor, 2) Obama ignored him, and 3) this letter ever saw the light of day.A President goes against the advice of a trusted advisor. So? What's the big deal?

ChumpDumper
10-29-2010, 03:06 AM
Spelling smack Chump? I'd expect that from say GGA, but you're better than that.It's the subject of his fucking thread.

No, he's not. I regret pulling him out of the ignore bin for that nonsense.Then you won't see this sentence where I tell your stupid racist ass to go fuck yourself.

ChumpDumper
10-29-2010, 03:07 AM
A President goes against the advice of a trusted advisor. So? What's the big deal?

.Someone told yoni Tribe is an icon!

That's the story.

Stringer_Bell
10-29-2010, 03:12 AM
Back to ignore.

I'm curious what would happen if someone "ignored" everyone except WC, DarrinS, Crooks, and Yoni. I might try that for a day just to see what it's like.

Winehole23
10-29-2010, 03:14 AM
yoni must not be very familiar with Presidential decisionmaking. Trusted advisors get left out in the cold for a lot of reasons.

ChumpDumper
10-29-2010, 03:18 AM
yoni must not be very familiar with Presidential decisionmaking. Trusted advisors get left out in the cold for a lot of reasons.*cough* Colin Powell *cough*

Oh, Gee!!
10-29-2010, 08:39 AM
big news, Obama doesn't make public letters addressed to him from a trusted advisor about said advisor's opinion about a judicial nominee. Where's the transparency????!!!!!

"I don't like her, she's a bully" is a matter of national importance that defies confidentiality between admin. officials.

Mr. Peabody
10-29-2010, 11:09 AM
...not to appoint Sotomayor.

Liberal Legal Icon Laurence Tribe In Letter To Obama: Don't Appoint Sotomayor, She's A Bully (http://www.nationalreview.com/bench-memos/251301/tribe-obama-sotomayor-not-nearly-smart-she-seems-think-she-ed-whelan)

Bottom line? Don't nominate Sotomayor.

Being the Constitutional Scholar he is, Obama told Tribe to shut the fuck up and get in the back seat.

The focus of the letter is primarily endorsing Tribe's colleague Elena Kagan for a nomination. From the context of the letter, it appears that Tribe already knew of the President's intentions of nominating Sotomayor and was trying to make a case for Kagan. He wasn't alleging that Sotomayor was unqualified, but that her personality would alienate Anthony Kennedy, a crucial swing vote.

Winehole23
10-29-2010, 03:30 PM
Spelling smack Chump? I'd expect that from say GGA, but you're better than that.Chump can be petty, but getting names right matters.

Winehole23
10-29-2010, 03:32 PM
(edits previous mentions of "Ms. Valles")

Yonivore
10-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Chump can be petty, but getting names right matters.
Why? Did you not know who he was?

And, isn't it ChumpDumper? Because getting names right matters. :lmao

Winehole23
10-30-2010, 03:27 AM
Is abbreviation no longer halal?

You're calling Chump a misspelling?

And you're implicitly comparing an online avatar to a public servant. My alleged mistake and yours.

lol

ChumpDumper
10-30-2010, 04:17 AM
halol

Winehole23
10-30-2010, 05:00 AM
Too lazy to cut and paste, it would appear.

Winehole23
10-30-2010, 05:04 AM
(But not too lazy to spell it wrong.)

Winehole23
10-30-2010, 05:06 AM
Or nitpick passers-by.