PDA

View Full Version : I hate Tyler Perry

PM5K
10-29-2010, 11:58 AM
The problem I have with his stuff is it can go from funny, to wayyy to serious in two seconds.

Great example from just now: I have the tv on but I'm not watching it, I sit down for a snack and Meet The Browns is on. So I'm watching and Leroy Brown is in the hospital with a friend that's there for a job interview only he's in the bathroom so Brown has to cover for him. The interviewer says he must be so and so and he replies that he's Brown, the interviewer replies that he can see that but that they don't discriminate there.

Not hilarious by any means but you get the idea.

Very next scene a 15 year old girl sneaks out with her friend to a frat party, they show her with a guy friend brining her home and she's slightly tipsy. The guy friend goes back to get the girl friend because she's still at the party, next thing you hear a loud noise and the girl friend comes out from a building and she's crying, bleeding, and her clothes are messed up, apparently some guy attacked her.

How the fuck do you go from a silly race joke, to a girl getting assaulted? I've seen them do that a bunch of times on House Of Payne, it's fucking crazy.

Dark Gable
10-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Same thing happens in other sitcoms. Get over it.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-29-2010, 12:09 PM
I hate his shows too but only because I'm racist.

Spurminator
10-29-2010, 12:11 PM
Serious social commentary mixed with humor was a staple in the 70's sitcom hey-day.

Not that Tyler Perry's shows likely have anything on Good Times or All in the Family, but I guess I appreciate the intentions.

DeadlyDynasty
10-29-2010, 12:14 PM
I can't stand any of his shit, and I've given it a try too...

Dark Gable
10-29-2010, 12:20 PM
He is one very successful brother either way you look at it.

Dex
10-29-2010, 12:28 PM
I'm not racist. I'm douchebagist.

Tyler Perry sucks.

Mixability
10-29-2010, 01:21 PM
It's all about Quantity not Quality with him. Every time I turn around, there's another Perry show or Perry movie coming out.

Sisk
10-29-2010, 01:26 PM
It's all about Quantity not Quality with him. Every time I turn around, there's another Perry show or Perry movie coming out.

Every one of them makes like 20mm+ opening weekend too. This shit it terrible tbh

More power to him. Didn't he get like a $100 million contract for like 5 more seasons of meet the browns or whatever?

ploto
10-29-2010, 01:29 PM
He's Hollywood's second highest earning man behind James Cameron, according to Forbes.

Ranking second, behind Cameron, is Tyler Perry. The self-made millionaire is a force to be reckoned with in movies and on television. Last year his films I Can Do Bad All By Myself and Why Did I Get Married Too grossed a combined $112 million in the U.S. He also produces the TBS shows Meet the Browns and House of Payne. Between June 2009 and June 2010, Perry earned $125 million.

http://www.forbes.com/2010/09/15/hollywoods-top-earning-men-business-entertainment-top-earning-men.html

Creepn
10-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Sure you weren't watching it?

MannyIsGod
10-29-2010, 01:35 PM
I listen to Lady Gaga while I study.

Mixability
10-29-2010, 01:36 PM
I can't lie and not say that I haven't seen a couple of episodes and parts of some of his movies. Same ol regurgitated crap that would be considered racist if not produced by him.

DMX7
10-29-2010, 01:37 PM
I hate Rick Perry.

MannyIsGod
10-29-2010, 01:38 PM
^ me too

Frenzy
10-29-2010, 01:43 PM
I thought you were gonna name the thread:

Tyler Perry's - I hate Tyler Perry

Steve Perry
10-29-2010, 01:50 PM
Tyler's cool in my book.

sananspursfan21
10-29-2010, 02:27 PM
it's just his style... that's how everything he does is like his movies. i like him though

RickPerry
10-29-2010, 02:30 PM
^ me too

Too bad, ya got me for 4 more years.

MannyIsGod
10-29-2010, 02:36 PM
Fuck that homie. I moved!

RickPerry
10-29-2010, 02:52 PM
Fuck that homie. I moved!

:lol I'll get the last laugh when I'm sitting in the White House.

slacker77
10-29-2010, 03:50 PM
Tyler's cool in my book.

only tyler durden.

PM5K
10-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Sure you weren't watching it?

I wouldn't have a problem admitting it. I do occasionally watch House Of Payne, where he does the same thing. It's really uncomfortable to go from laughing to something that couldn't be more serious.

I also saw some of a movie that was on the other day that was a TP movie.

PakiDan
10-29-2010, 09:57 PM
http://blogs.chron.com/txpotomac/2010/08/texas_tops_in_job_creation_geo_1.html

Leetonidas
10-30-2010, 02:12 AM
Anyone seen the Tyler Perry episode of the Boondocks yet?

Oh, Gee!!
10-30-2010, 11:26 AM
How the fuck do you go from a silly race joke, to a girl getting assaulted?

that's called "living in the projects." shit like that happens all the time, and if you ever lived there you'd know.

PM5K
10-30-2010, 12:40 PM
that's called "living in the projects." shit like that happens all the time, and if you ever lived there you'd know.

They don't live in the projects, lol. There are no poor black people in the Tyler Perry world.

ohmwrecker
10-30-2010, 01:05 PM
Just. Not. Funny. Period.

Oh, Gee!!
10-30-2010, 10:02 PM
They don't live in the projects, lol. There are no poor black people in the Tyler Perry world.

But a good segment of his audience does or did

phyzik
10-31-2010, 12:15 AM
Interesting, I hate Tyler Perry because he isnt funny AT ALL!!!

Meet the Browns MIGHT have been funny if it came out around the time of Family Matters, and even then it would have barely competed.

Why ANYONE thinks his stuff is funny is beyond me.

Fpoonsie
10-31-2010, 01:21 AM
Interesting, I hate Tyler Perry because he isnt funny AT ALL!!!

Meet the Browns MIGHT have been funny if it came out around the time of Family Matters, and even then it would have barely competed.

Why ANYONE thinks his stuff is funny is beyond me.

They don't. They simply support his shit 'cause he's black.

That's it, and that's all.

phyzik
10-31-2010, 01:26 AM

Thats my thinking as well....

And before anyone says anything about race, my favorite comedian by far is Dave Chapelle.... my top ten also include Chris Rock, Berny Mack and Bill Cosby.

For the record, I dont think Sinbad was ever all that funny.... he had his moments, and he shits all over Tyler Perry.

Oh, Gee!!
10-31-2010, 01:56 AM
Thats my thinking as well....

And before anyone says anything about race, my favorite comedian by far is Dave Chapelle.... my top ten also include Chris Rock, Berny Mack and Bill Cosby.

For the record, I dont think Sinbad was ever all that funny.... he had his moments, and he shits all over Tyler Perry.

errr....ummm...I'm not a racist because.......ummmm......I got it!!! My best friend is black.

phyzik
10-31-2010, 02:03 AM
errr....ummm...I'm not a racist because.......ummmm......I got it!!! My best friend is black.

:rolleyes

Tyler Perry sucks....

Deal with it.

ididnotnothat
10-31-2010, 08:08 AM
A bunch of friends are going to watch "For Colored Girls" on Friday. Another film by Tyler Perry.

ididnotnothat
10-31-2010, 08:10 AM

Uhm, perhaps black people just get it and others don't? I don't know too many blacks who liked Friends.

Fpoonsie
10-31-2010, 01:50 PM
Uhm, perhaps black people just get it and others don't? I don't know too many blacks who liked Friends.

I used to work at a Blockbuster, and 95% of the time, black folks would walk up to the counter w/ 3 or 4 movies, 2 semi-well known, 2 obscure as hell, all with a black lead or cast.

They don't care about the substance, just about the color.

Creepn
10-31-2010, 03:28 PM
I used to work at a Blockbuster, and 95% of the time, black folks would walk up to the counter w/ 3 or 4 movies, 2 semi-well known, 2 obscure as hell, all with a black lead or cast.

They don't care about the substance, just about the color.

Have you seen the movies? How do you know they lack substance?

Duff McCartney
10-31-2010, 10:52 PM
There's even black people that don't like Tyler Perry and I agree with some of their remarks..notably Spike Lee...

Despite praising Perry in 2006, in 2009 director Spike Lee criticized his work when interviewed by Ed Gordon on Our World with Black Enterprise, saying, "Each artist should be allowed to pursue their artistic endeavors but I still think there is a lot of stuff out today that is 'coonery' and buffoonery. I know it's making a lot of money and breaking records, but we can do better. … I see these two ads for these two shows [Tyler Perry’s Meet the Browns and House of Payne] and I am scratching my head. … We got a Black president and we going back to Mantan Moreland and Sleep 'n' Eat?"

I agree with him in some ways. I'm not black nor do I like Spike Lee as a director too much, but even I can see that some of Tyler Perry's comedy is black people acting like buffoons, especially the "father figure" in his sitcoms.

Fpoonsie
11-01-2010, 01:34 AM
Have you seen the movies? How do you know they lack substance?

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/51/l_288d25621087ef632edb20c72cb31bf8.jpg

I don't need to get to KNOW this guy in order to correctly assume he's a dickless idiot.

And so on, and so forth...

resistanze
11-01-2010, 09:01 AM

They don't care about the substance, just about the color

The Hills is a popular shitty show, led by an all-white cast. Most of the substance-less mainstream TV on air is dominated by all-or mostly white casts.

But would you ever think of making the assertion that white people only watch the Hills because the cast is white? Why are blacks exceptional in this regard?

Trainwreck2100
11-01-2010, 10:26 AM
lol his main audience is fat women and gays

Nathan Explosion
11-01-2010, 10:56 AM
The first problem the OP made was saying that some of Tyler Perry's shit was funny. It's not. I'm neither white nor black.

However, I guess I can see the whole, "You wouldn't get it if you're not black" argument because while George Lopez is at least 20 years older than me, I find him funny because a lot of the stuff he talks about happening to him as a kid, happened to me as a kid.

Not only do you have the age difference, but the location difference (LA vs SA) and yet, almost identical experiences growing up.

Fpoonsie
11-01-2010, 11:18 AM
The Hills is a popular shitty show, led by an all-white cast. Most of the substance-less mainstream TV on air is dominated by all-or mostly white casts.

But would you ever think of making the assertion that white people only watch the Hills because the cast is white? Why are blacks exceptional in this regard?

The Hills is simply evidence of white people's shit-taste in television. It has nothing to do w/ the skin color and EVERYTHING to do w/ their bizarre attraction to everything superficial and vapid...and their strive to behave accordingly.

Black supports black.

JoeChalupa
11-01-2010, 11:21 AM
The first problem the OP made was saying that some of Tyler Perry's shit was funny. It's not. I'm neither white nor black.

However, I guess I can see the whole, "You wouldn't get it if you're not black" argument because while George Lopez is at least 20 years older than me, I find him funny because a lot of the stuff he talks about happening to him as a kid, happened to me as a kid.

Not only do you have the age difference, but the location difference (LA vs SA) and yet, almost identical experiences growing up.

Yup, George Lopez's humor does contain many references of experiences I've had in my life. I've enjoyed some of Tyler Perry's movies but we don't really watch any of his sitcoms. The wife is wanting to go watch "For Colored Women".

resistanze
11-01-2010, 08:17 PM
The Hills is simply evidence of white people's shit-taste in television. It has nothing to do w/ the skin color and EVERYTHING to do w/ their bizarre attraction to everything superficial and vapid...and their strive to behave accordingly.

Black supports black.

OK? :lol

Somehow white people that would watch a brain-dead show like The Hills have deeper reasons for doing so, but blacks are incapable of discerning tastes in TV programming unless the actors are black... I’m sure those people you saw at BlockBuster also watch mainstream, white-dominated TV programming as well, like every other American.

BTW, most of Tyler Perry's stuff sucks balls – and he’s not making hundreds of millions of dollars because he’s strong-arming only 12% of the American population to buy his crap.

Fpoonsie
11-02-2010, 02:25 AM
OK? :lol

Somehow white people that would watch a brain-dead show like The Hills have deeper reasons for doing so, but blacks are incapable of discerning tastes in TV programming unless the actors are black... I’m sure those people you saw at BlockBuster also watch mainstream, white-dominated TV programming as well, like every other American.

BTW, most of Tyler Perry's stuff sucks balls – and he’s not making hundreds of millions of dollars because he’s strong-arming only 12% of the American population to buy his crap.

Each year of high school, 4 girls would run for homecoming/prom queen. It would typically be 3 white girls, and one black girl (named Jazz). Every year, Jazz would win. And it had nothing to do w/ her being the best candidate (especially EACH year). It was simply because she'd lock up the black vote.

When you're guaranteed the black support, everything else is gravy. I doubt very highly that ONLY blacks watch his show, but I can say with the utmost certainty that he's "got the black vote", for no other reason than his skin color; thus, his fortune and confounding popularity.

lebomb
11-02-2010, 08:06 AM
I think some of Tyler Perrys stuff is funny. His first movie was much funnier than the last few, that is for sure.

I think black folk relate more to Tyler Perry, because a lot of shit that happens in his films, happens to blacks in real life. *shrugs*

lebomb
11-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Each year of high school, 4 girls would run for homecoming/prom queen. It would typically be 3 white girls, and one black girl (named Jazz). Every year, Jazz would win. And it had nothing to do w/ her being the best candidate (especially EACH year). It was simply because she'd lock up the black vote.

When you're guaranteed the black support, everything else is gravy. I doubt very highly that ONLY blacks watch his show, but I can say with the utmost certainty that he's "got the black vote", for no other reason than his skin color; thus, his fortune and confounding popularity.

Thats funny, because I went to a HS that was about 5% black out of 2,800 students and a black girl still won the prom queen. :rolleyes

Fpoonsie
11-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Thats funny, because I went to a HS that was about 5% black out of 2,800 students and a black girl still won the prom queen. :rolleyes

Obviously, points of arguments (just like good thread ideas) consistently escape you.

koriwhat
11-02-2010, 11:24 AM

look at this closet-gay trying to act all hard and throwing subtle jabs my way. fuckin' hilarious!

koriwhat
11-02-2010, 11:27 AM

so with this mindset...

Ed Hardy. He simply supports this shit 'cause fpoonsie is a closet-gay.

Fpoonsie
11-02-2010, 11:31 AM
look at this closet-gay trying to act all hard and throwing subtle jabs my way. fuckin' hilarious!

Look at this asshole trying to act as if he knows what "subtle" means. (You obviously don't, btw)

so with this mindset...

Ed Hardy. He simply supports this shit 'cause fpoonsie is a closet-gay.

Well, that doesn't make any sense, seeing as how I DON'T support Ed Hardy.

YOU, however, do support unfortunately placed tattoos.

koriwhat
11-02-2010, 11:36 AM
i might not wear ed hardy but i am still gay and my closet is full of glitter and shitty designs.

BackStabber
11-02-2010, 12:32 PM
This thread cause me to watch Meet the Brown today and it was cool. Young kids first time drinking and getting drunk. Good message and it was funny at times.

lebomb
11-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Obviously, points of arguments (just like good thread ideas) consistently escape you.

So you are saying if the black girl at my HS got all 5% of the black vote, that is why she probably won? What if she got 75% of the white vote as well.

Your argument doesnt have enough data for us to determine if the black vote caused the sistah at your school to win every year. :rolleyes

Creepn
11-02-2010, 04:17 PM

Fpoonsie, I used to like reading your post but now you are just a dumbass douchebag.

I can't believe you actually think black people would waste money on a show/movie that they wouldn't enjoy just because there's a black man prancing about. Hell if that was the case, wouldn't there be more successful showbiz people like Perry? Tyler Perry's first show was NOT a success, why? Because he was a white guy at first? (ya that's absurd but it's only a reflection to your absurdity).

Tyler's shows aren't that bad to where the only reason MUST be is because he's a black guy. His shows targeted the black christian population because they could relate to it and his shows always had a moral message of unity, love, and family. Why are his shows like that? Because he was abused as a kid and going to church was his relief.

And the mere fact that you never seen the movies that black people rented just shows your immediate bias towards black culture and entertainment. I've seen a lot of movies that weren't mainstream that were quite good and maybe, just maybe those no name black actors/actresses and directors could accomplish such a feat as well.

Fpoonsie
11-02-2010, 06:32 PM
So you are saying if the black girl at my HS got all 5% of the black vote, that is why she probably won? What if she got 75% of the white vote as well.

Your argument doesnt have enough data for us to determine if the black vote caused the sistah at your school to win every year. :rolleyes

I'm obviously referring to schools w/ a slightly more diverse makeup.

Fpoonsie
11-02-2010, 06:38 PM
Fpoonsie, I used to like reading your post but now you are just a dumbass douchebag.

I can't believe you actually think black people would waste money on a show/movie that they wouldn't enjoy just because there's a black man prancing about. Hell if that was the case, wouldn't there be more successful showbiz people like Perry? Tyler Perry's first show was NOT a success, why? Because he was a white guy at first? (ya that's absurd but it's only a reflection to your absurdity).

Tyler's shows aren't that bad to where the only reason MUST be is because he's a black guy. His shows targeted the black christian population because they could relate to it and his shows always had a moral message of unity, love, and family. Why are his shows like that? Because he was abused as a kid and going to church was his relief.

And the mere fact that you never seen the movies that black people rented just shows your immediate bias towards black culture and entertainment. I've seen a lot of movies that weren't mainstream that were quite good and maybe, just maybe those no name black actors/actresses and directors could accomplish such a feat as well.

You seem to be under the impression that I'm tryin to argue that NOTHING that black people watch has any merit or entertainment value, but that's not it at all. I'm merely suggesting that the reason they give it a shot in the first place is because there's a black person or people headlining the production/film/etc.

I enjoyed Harlem Nights, Friday, Life and so on just as much as the next guy, but there's absolutely no reason someone should/would watch

http://www.thabiz.com/potatoesaladmovie.jpg

other than the assertion I'm making.

Edit: Yet, I DO maintain that Perry's work is complete shit.

resistanze
11-02-2010, 07:42 PM
You seem to be under the impression that I'm tryin to argue that NOTHING that black people watch has any merit or entertainment value, but that's not it at all. I'm merely suggesting that the reason they give it a shot in the first place is because there's a black person or people headlining the production/film/etc.

I enjoyed Harlem Nights, Friday, Life and so on just as much as the next guy, but there's absolutely no reason someone should/would watch

http://www.thabiz.com/potatoesaladmovie.jpg

other than the assertion I'm making.

Edit: Yet, I DO maintain that Perry's work is complete shit.

Let me ask you this:

You eloquently pointed out why The Hills is watched by white people, which of course involves "deeper" reasons than race. If The Hills featured an all-black cast, and blacks tended to watch the show, would you have given me the same reasoning you did for whites, or would you have simply said "black supports black"?

Or if The Hills featured an all-black cast, would you have given the show a chance in the first place? How many people you know would have?

Therein lies the contradiction and the racial bias in your reasoning.

Fpoonsie
11-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Let me ask you this:

You eloquently pointed out why The Hills is watched by white people, which of course involves "deeper" reasons than race. If The Hills featured an all-black cast, and blacks tended to watch the show, would you have given me the same reasoning you did for whites, or would you have simply said "black supports black"?

Or if The Hills featured an all-black cast, would you have given the show a chance in the first place? How many people you know would have?

Therein lies the contradiction and the racial bias in your reasoning.

Even though you seem somewhat fixated on this example, I'll grant you that The Hills may have a whites-only appeal (though, I think it has more to do w/ socioeconomic status than anything else). However, it isn't some kind've nationwide anomaly like Tyler Perry is either, so the comparison begins to lose ground.

I also thought I made it clear that I can and do enjoy some black shows and/or movies, even if that damned white hood DOES occasionally get in the way.

resistanze
11-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Even though you seem somewhat fixated on this example, I'll grant you that The Hills may have a whites-only appeal (though, I think it has more to do w/ socioeconomic status than anything else). However, it isn't some kind've nationwide anomaly like Tyler Perry is either, so the comparison begins to lose ground.

I also thought I made it clear that I can and do enjoy some black shows and/or movies, even if that damned white hood DOES occasionally get in the way.

I'm fixated on that example because the only thing you've said that makes Tyler Perry crap an "anomaly" as opposed to The Hills is that he's black, and the characters on his show are black. There's no real reason you should notice blacks watching Tyler Perry any more than white people watching The Hills. The reason you wouldn't say "white supports white" because white-orientated broadcasting is the status quo in mainstream television - anything else is 'worth noting'.

And like I said, Tyler Perry isn't worth $125 million because he solely has the support of blacks watch his shit.

Fpoonsie
11-02-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm fixated on that example because the only thing you've said that makes Tyler Perry crap an "anomaly" as opposed to The Hills is that he's black, and the characters on his show are black. There's no real reason you should notice blacks watching Tyler Perry any more than white people watching The Hills. The reason you wouldn't say "white supports white" because white-orientated broadcasting is the status quo in mainstream television - anything else is 'worth noting'.

And like I said, Tyler Perry isn't worth $125 million because he solely has the support of blacks watch his shit.

No, what makes Tyler Perry's CRAP an "anomaly" is the wild success it's had thus far despite being such a shitty product. The Hills is just a shitty product enjoying mediocre success.

And actually, yeah, it's VERY likely that Perry's $125M can be almost exclusively attributed to his garnering of the overwhelming majority of "the black vote."

resistanze
11-02-2010, 10:15 PM
No, what makes Tyler Perry's CRAP an "anomaly" is the wild success it's had thus far despite being such a shitty product. The Hills is just a shitty product enjoying mediocre success.

And actually, yeah, it's VERY likely that Perry's $125M can be almost exclusively attributed to his garnering of the overwhelming majority of "the black vote."

You're seriously arguing that his programming is an "anomaly" because he's what, the first person to deliver a shitty product that's successful? :lol

How many shitty shows are/have been on TV that are successful? But now, for the first time in history, shitty shows are being funded because Negroes are marching en masse to support their brethren.

But whatever, good thing NSYNC and Britney Spears were getting "the white vote," or they would've never been successful with that shitty music!

Creepn
11-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Come on brothas! Lets rent "Who made that Potatoe Salad" off the shelves!! Steve Urkel deserves $125 million too!

Fpoonsie
11-02-2010, 10:32 PM
You're seriously arguing that his programming is an "anomaly" because he's what, the first person to deliver a shitty product that's successful? :lol

How many shitty shows are/have been on TV that are successful? But now, for the first time in history, shitty shows are being funded because Negroes are marching en masse to support their brethren.

But whatever, good thing NSYNC and Britney Spears were getting "the white vote," or they would've never been successful with that shitty music!

It's not just his shows, it's his plays and movies that he keeps crankin out bi-monthly.

And I never said that this kind've phenomenon is solely black-centric (or whatever). I'd make the same argument as to why Blue Collar Comedy was so successful. You had the "Original Kings of Comedy", and then you had the redneck "Blue Collar" version in response. You make a product to cater to ONE. SPECIFIC. DEMO. and the rest is a foregone conclusion (usually). This type o' garbage is wrapped in "certain people can relate to this better" packaging because "whites only" and "coloreds only" is still a little politically incorrect.

Creepn
11-02-2010, 10:37 PM
It's not just his shows, it's his plays and movies that he keeps crankin out bi-monthly.

And I never said that this kind've phenomenon is solely black-centric (or whatever). I'd make the same argument as to why Blue Collar Comedy was so successful.

Have you ever made that argument?? Has ANYONE ever made that argument? I don't recall reading a thread saying "I hate Bill Engvall". I never in my life had a discussion about this or any other ethnic-centric product besides black ones.

lebomb
11-03-2010, 07:27 AM

And I never said that this kind've phenomenon is solely black-centric (or whatever). I'd make the same argument as to why Blue Collar Comedy was so successful. You had the "Original Kings of Comedy", and then you had the redneck "Blue Collar" version in response. You make a product to cater to ONE. SPECIFIC. DEMO. and the rest is a foregone conclusion (usually). This type o' garbage is wrapped in "certain people can relate to this better" packaging because "whites only" and "coloreds only" is still a little politically incorrect.

Man, you have some fuckin issues. Who really gives a damn? Why is your life wrapped around what the hell people watch. I dont give two shits if you watch ONLY white shows or not?!! Thats your choice. Its like this is ruining your day or something that blacks watch black shows, or support black athletes, actors, directors, musicians. WHO CARES!!!! At least PM5K had some valid reasons for not liking Tyler Perrys shit, it dealt with content and the way his shows are drawn up ............. Sooooo, to sum things up, Get a friggin life, and please STFU! Have a great day. :toast

Star Player
11-03-2010, 08:39 AM
So he hates Tyler Perry. Like everyone likes everyone or everything. What a boring world we'd live in.

Trainwreck2100
11-03-2010, 09:15 AM
The Hills is a bad metaphor
http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2008/08/13/fireproof-poster-kirk-camer.jpg

This is a better analogy

Piece of shit movie made by the Jesus brigade so it made way more money than it should have. Perry's movies are the same shit. Perry's movies will always succeed cause they are cheaply made and could turn a profit on DVD sales alone.

Fpoonsie
11-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Man, you have some fuckin issues. Who really gives a damn? Why is your life wrapped around what the hell people watch. I dont give two shits if you watch ONLY white shows or not?!! Thats your choice. Its like this is ruining your day or something that blacks watch black shows, or support black athletes, actors, directors, musicians. WHO CARES!!!! At least PM5K had some valid reasons for not liking Tyler Perrys shit, it dealt with content and the way his shows are drawn up ............. Sooooo, to sum things up, Get a friggin life, and please STFU! Have a great day. :toast

Don't you have an "I hate Steve Perry" or "I love Tyler Durden" thread to work on?

Fpoonsie
11-03-2010, 11:22 AM
The Hills is a bad metaphor

This is a better analogy

Piece of shit movie made by the Jesus brigade so it made way more money than it should have. Perry's movies are the same shit. Perry's movies will always succeed cause they are cheaply made and could turn a profit on DVD sales alone.

That IS a solid analogy. It's still pandering to a specific audience. Black people aren't the only ones that do it; though, they do seem to be the least subtle about it.

koriwhat
11-03-2010, 11:25 AM
That IS a solid analogy. It's still pandering to a specific audience. Black people aren't the only ones that do it; though, they do seem to be the least subtle about it.

no doubt, i mean your kind does the same.

http://l.yimg.com/eb/ymv/us/img/hv/photo/movie_pix/columbia_pictures/rent/rent_bigboxart.jpg

Soul_Patch
11-03-2010, 12:47 PM
tU5KJt-NgVA