PDA

View Full Version : the Heat winning it all? who beleives this nonsense?

cheguevara
10-29-2010, 02:56 PM
it's unbelievable some walking talking human beings beleive this nonsense. the Heat winning it all?? how retarded can this be. is ESPN brainwashing ppl that bad???

going back to 1991 what did it take to win it all?? the following are a must:
- great coach
- good role players
- team chemistry

+ either of the following:
- Michael Jordan (bulls 91,92,93,96,97,98)
- stacked roster (Rockets 94,95 Lakers 00,01,02 Spurs 03,05,07 Pistons 04)
- weak competition (Spurs 99 Heat 06)

let's use some logic to deduct how beleiving the Heat are contenders is bullshit.

Myth A:
Spolestra is a great coach.
Is there anyone with 1/2 a brain that beleives this bullshit? didn't think so.
Riley will take the reigns sooner or later. Pass

Myth B:
Heat have good role players.
Far from it. They have big 3 and a bunch of trash.
It's early in the season though. Things could change. Inconclusive.

Myth C:
Heat have chemistry.
Not yet. But this is possible by end season. Inconclusive.

Myth D:
Heat have Michael Jordan.
Nigga please, pass the rock. Fail.

Myth E:
The Heat have a stacked roster.
:lmao r u kidding me? hahahaha. Fail.

Myth F:
Heat have weak competition.
Nonsense. Celtics, Magic, Lakers are well oiled machines with almost no flaws. Fail!

Myth G:
Chris Bosch is a proven superstar.
Now this is the one that makes me laugh the most. Bosch has proven jack shit yet. Bosch is the biggest question mark in this whole shit of a team. Fail!!

Final Grade: F

Heat MIGHT be contenders in a couple of years. But this year, no way Jose.

21_Blessings
10-29-2010, 02:59 PM
No shit.

SenorSpur
10-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Personally, i don't want anyone else (NBA analyst or fan) trying to convince me that Joel Anthony is and will be a serviceable answer to the bigs of Boston, Orlando and the Fakers.

kamikazi_player
10-29-2010, 03:04 PM
1/2 of those "Myths" you mention I never heard of before. You're reaching and it's failing bad.

duhoh
10-29-2010, 03:07 PM
1/2 of those "Myths" you mention I never heard of before. You're reaching and it's failing bad.

tbh, i've seen all of them

cheguevara
10-29-2010, 03:07 PM

this is a method to prove/disprove a theory.

Muser
10-29-2010, 03:11 PM
It's going to be Boston/L.A in the finals again.

kamikazi_player
10-29-2010, 03:12 PM
tbh, i've seen all of them
You've heard that the Heat have Michael Jordan? :lol
You've heard that the Heat have a stacked roster or good role players? :lol
All I heard is that they have the big 3 and pieces of shit after that.

cheguevara
10-29-2010, 03:14 PM

Regardless Heat will not make the finals unless injuries to both Boston/Orlando happen.

Even then, Heat lose to LA.

kamikazi_player
10-29-2010, 03:14 PM
I c what you are saying cheguevara, carry on

MiamiHeat
10-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Personally, i don't want anyone else (NBA analyst or fan) trying to convince me that Joel Anthony is and will be a serviceable answer to the bigs of Boston, Orlando and the Fakers.

First game, no chemistry, working out the kinks Miami Heat outrebounded Boston by 3.

21_Blessings
10-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Laker fan told you this 3 months ago.

Just like we predicted SA's 2008 demise while you happy-go-lucky faggots completely ignored the writing on the wall.

MiamiHeat
10-29-2010, 03:18 PM

1 game is all it took for you

the first game

:lmao:lmao

hater
10-29-2010, 03:21 PM
I guess there is a possibility of Heat winning it all.

If all 3 Magic/Boston/Lakers get seriously injured. that's all heat fans can hope for

hater
10-29-2010, 03:24 PM
you know what, Manu Ginobili said in twitter immediately after "the decision" that he was not impressed. Now I understand what he meant.

Muser
10-29-2010, 03:31 PM
1 game is all it took for you

the first game

:lmao:lmao

Who's going to stop Dwight/KG/Shaq/any good big man? Joel Anthony? :lmao

SomeCallMeTim
10-29-2010, 03:35 PM
Heat are still the favorites. Anything less than a title will be a huge disappointment for them this year.

z0sa
10-29-2010, 03:40 PM
The Heat are a brand new team. They may need an entire season or more to gel and get to know each other. Besides the improvements they can be made in the future off-seasons.

I'm not convinced their big men are totally useless just yet, either. When you have two guys capable of breaking defenses down like LeBron and Wade, it puts tremendous pressure on the other team's big men. Adequacy could be just enough.

Jose Canseco
10-29-2010, 03:54 PM
The Heat are still one of a handful of teams I can see winning it all. I don't think it's anywhere close to a guarantee they win it all or even win the Eastern Conference, but there's no way I dismiss them with the talent they have at the top end of the roster. Two superstar players, one all star player, and two other above average rotation players in Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem. The roster after that is weak but there are very few teams that run really, really deep in talent and most of those teams don't have the superstar talent at the top.

They obviously have a pretty significant weaknesses in the front court with size and interior defense so playing against teams with good big men will be challenging. And they don't have a good halfcourt offense due to the lack of an inside post presence, so their easy baskets have to come in transition. Good transition defensive teams can slow them down. But at the end of the day, they have LeBron and Wade who both or either can drop 40 on a given night. They have an all star player who is their third option, albeit a soft PF who shoots midrange jumpers. I think that alone puts them in the discussion of legitimate title contenders. They might not win it all. They probably won't win it all. But will you really be surprised if they do?

DeadlyDynasty
10-29-2010, 03:56 PM
lol Joel Anthony, aka The Devil...6 points, 6 rebounds, 6 fouls, that's about all you can expect from that POS. Basically a poor man's john salley

MiamiHeat
10-29-2010, 04:20 PM
Who's going to stop Dwight/KG/Shaq/any good big man? Joel Anthony? :lmao

Did you just say "stop Dwight" ?

the man has no offense. let him get his 20 pts and stfu.

Shaq? lmao!

Again, the Heat played one of the worst first half in recent memory, had no chemistry, Wade and Bosh had horrible nights, and still was within a Ray Allen 3 pointer of beating the Celtics.

their first real game together. They didn't get the luxury of playing opening night vs the Washington Wizards (i think it was?) like Boston did in 2007.

tlongII
10-29-2010, 04:24 PM
No team seems capable of beating the Blazers this year tbh.

Don Ready
10-29-2010, 04:38 PM
They're more of a contender than the Spurs that much I give them. Spurs would be lucky to make it pass the first round much less contend.

Giuseppe
10-29-2010, 04:45 PM
Again, the Heat played one of the worst first half in recent memory, had no chemistry, Wade and Bosh had horrible nights, and still was within a Ray Allen 3 pointer of beating the Celtics.

Yer weak & puny, Heaty. You use the exact same tired happy horseshit excuses that you condemn others for.

JoeTait75
10-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Bron still doesn't have a post game. He needs one if he wants to be a champion.

The rest of the OP is just commentary. It's all about the match-ups, as it always is.

mavsfan1000
10-29-2010, 05:06 PM
Boston will own the Heat.

HarlemHeat37
10-29-2010, 06:37 PM
Laker fan told you this 3 months ago.

Just like we predicted SA's 2008 demise while you happy-go-lucky faggots completely ignored the writing on the wall.

You also predicted:

- LA would easily beat Boston for the title in 2008
- The Lakers would kill the Rockets and sweep them in 2009
- Bynum would be a superstar, and you called him a future HOFer in his 3rd season(without trolling, it was serious analysis)
- Celtics-Lakers 2008 would be the highest rated Finals ever

Those are just 4 of the many horrible predictions you've made in the last 2-3 years or so(these are some that I remember, I'm sure there are many more)..

You're a huge homer/hater that predicts everything in the Lakers favor, and luckily for you, the Lakers are the best team in the NBA right now..you predict with your homerism and haterism, just like I do(and I'm wrong with my predictions all the time because of my hatred, just like you, at least I admit it)..

AussieFanKurt
10-29-2010, 07:46 PM
bosh and anthony couldn't handle their equivalents on any of the best teams let alone the lottery teams

HarlemHeat37
10-29-2010, 09:19 PM
:lol cheguevera..

Fabbs
10-30-2010, 12:12 AM
Regardless Heat will not make the finals unless injuries to both Boston/Orlando happen.

Even then, Heat lose to LA.
Pounded Orlando tonight by 26.

Mr Bones
10-30-2010, 12:26 AM
Heat 96, Magic 70.

Grade for this thread: F

JamStone
10-30-2010, 12:55 AM
Miami Heat are lucky that the Magic were playing the second game of a back-to-back on the road.

/HH37

MiamiHeat
10-30-2010, 01:33 AM
Did you just say "stop Dwight" ?

the man has no offense. let him get his 20 pts and stfu.

Howard tonight : 19 pts

:lmao

HarlemHeat37
10-30-2010, 02:11 AM
Miami Heat are lucky that the Magic were playing the second game of a back-to-back on the road.

/HH37

B2Bs are always a pain, however, I don't believe they're a threat to Miami either way..

Cane
10-30-2010, 02:31 AM
All in all seems like the NBA's going to be dominated by the Heat in the upcoming years unless someone else can form a dream team. Dwight needs to GTFO of Orlando since they surround him with lackluster players and tbh Dwight's also not a good enough no.1 option since his offense is a work in progress and he's mentally weak. Superman's gotta make the most of his youth before all those dunks and rebounds catch up to him and the Heat could use a center....

The Heat need to work on their offense though. Settling on long jumpshots like they did tonight is what the opposing team wants to see, seemed like the Heat won this game outside the paint.

21_Blessings
10-30-2010, 07:00 AM
You also predicted:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130322
:lmao

I think he's the 2nd best player in the NBA, next to Kobe,
:lmao :lmao

- LA would easily beat Boston for the title in 2008
- The Lakers would kill the Rockets and sweep them in 2009
:bking :bking :bking

- Bynum would be a superstar, and you called him a future HOFer in his 3rd season(without trolling, it was serious analysis)

Not without qualifying, I didn't. And considering the amount of hardware he'll be retiring with all he has do is avoid diving Kobes and he's in...

- Celtics-Lakers 2008 would be the highest rated Finals ever

Post-Jordan I would have meant..else :bking literally.

You're a huge homer/hater that predicts everything in the Lakers favor, and luckily for you, the Lakers are the best team in the NBA right now..you predict with your homerism and haterism, just like I do(and I'm wrong with my predictions all the time because of my hatred, just like you, at least I admit it)..

:lol I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

cheguevara
10-30-2010, 08:25 AM
Heat 96, Magic 70.

Grade for this thread: F

why? because they won a regular season game???

don't get me wrong. The Heat will be a great regular season team. My prediction is they will win 61 games.

This thread is about them winning it all. It's not gonna happen unless injuries to the top 3 contenders.

MiamiHeat
10-30-2010, 08:49 AM
also, if teams try to crash the boards on offense, they better pray to god they get the rebound, cause the transition game with lebron and wade is going to be fucking disgusting.

as i said, the heat are about 50% strength right now.

around the second half of the season, the heat should have their offense running and comfortable for everyone.

21_Blessings
10-30-2010, 08:52 AM
If the Heat are at 50% right now then the Lakers are at about 15% :lol

Rummpd
10-30-2010, 09:49 AM
Right now James and not the one named LeBron is helping to carry the Heat and last night Z went off - their bench is not as bad as advertised.

TheManFromAcme
10-30-2010, 10:28 AM
If the Heat are at 50% right now then the Lakers are at about 15% :lol

:tu :lol

true

Venti Quattro
10-30-2010, 10:32 AM
Last night's game showed that if Miami can put it on a consistent basis, they have a pretty good chance of winning a ring this season.

But of course, fuck the heat

mavsfan1000
10-30-2010, 10:50 AM
All in all seems like the NBA's going to be dominated by the Heat in the upcoming years unless someone else can form a dream team. Dwight needs to GTFO of Orlando since they surround him with lackluster players and tbh Dwight's also not a good enough no.1 option since his offense is a work in progress and he's mentally weak. Superman's gotta make the most of his youth before all those dunks and rebounds catch up to him and the Heat could use a center....

The Heat need to work on their offense though. Settling on long jumpshots like they did tonight is what the opposing team wants to see, seemed like the Heat won this game outside the paint.
They have to be a threat outside or teams will clog the paint.

LeHeat_Dynasty
10-30-2010, 12:02 PM
If yesterdays game is an indication then yes, its possible, but I wouldn't put my money on them just yet.I initially though length was not going to be a concern, but I think Boston and LA's frontline over towers Miami in such a huge margin. Spoelstra's plan of attack and philosophy must be creative and concise. The Heat can't rely on a half court setting of vicious attacks from Lebron and Wade because Boston has a lot of 6 hard fouls to give and Boston still has the best rotational defenders in the league. The Heat's concept IMO must emulate the 2008 Champions gameplan which is to create offense from a foundation of lockdown defense. While the Heat showed promising flashes of all world defense last night, they are not in the same level as Boston who really knows how to play fundamental defense collectively.

I think the Heat are at their best playing uptempo, creating points off turnovers and in transition, that is their clear cut advantage over Boston and LA, can they win a series playing that way? Not sure but the more experienced and championship caliber teams definitely can overcome the Heat's brand of gambling defense and reliance in perimeter athleticism.

Jose Canseco
10-30-2010, 12:28 PM
They're definitely more dangerous in an uptempo style, even on made baskets. Both LeBron and Wade in transition is just really difficult to defend. But unlike other uptempo teams, at least they have those two to break down halfcourt defenses off the dribble and attack the rim when they're forced to do that. Still a work in progress. But the more games they play, the more they'll work out their kinks. They're exciting.

ohmwrecker
10-30-2010, 12:52 PM
They're more of a contender than the Spurs that much I give them. Spurs would be lucky to make it pass the first round much less contend.

Maybe you should wait until after your team gets blown out before you make the decision to talk smack.

Mr Bones
10-30-2010, 02:47 PM
why? because they won a regular season game???

don't get me wrong. The Heat will be a great regular season team. My prediction is they will win 61 games.

This thread is about them winning it all. It's not gonna happen unless injuries to the top 3 contenders.

The reason I think this thread gets an F is because the original post is so overstated. Are The Heat a lock to win the title? No. But it is clearly in the realm of possibility. Is Bosh equal to Duncan or Malone? No. But he is a quality PF, and a very good 3rd best player for a team to have. Is LeBron the equal of Jordan? I don't know yet, but he's certainly one of the best players on the planet at the moment. Is Joel Anthony an all-star? No. But neither was Luc Longley, and he started for a team that won 70 games and some championships. Mike Miller & Udonis Haslem both have 6th man of the year potential. Haslem has averaged a double double for his entire career and defended Dirk Nowitzki in the finals. Giving this team an F is just silly.