PDA

View Full Version : Dallas vs Memphis

ElNono
10-29-2010, 09:37 PM
Close game at the beginning of the 4th

JT just air balled a 3...

Pelicans78
10-29-2010, 09:40 PM
Grizzlies still have no bench. Also, its becoming certain that Gay and Mayo cannot co-exist together.

ElNono
10-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Is JJ Barea the official Mavs PG now? Kidd seems to be playing SG

ElNono
10-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Game tied at 79 with 7 mins to go

ElNono
10-29-2010, 10:01 PM
47 secs to go, tied game

HarlemHeat37
10-29-2010, 10:04 PM
Terry's good game is being negated by his performance in clutch time..

ElNono
Tied at 90, 29 secs to go, Memphis ball

Terry single-handedly shooting Dallas out of this game

ogait
Dirk balling, Terry missing shots in crunch time as usual.

ElNono
10-29-2010, 10:05 PM
Grizz will find a way to lose this

DeadlyDynasty
10-29-2010, 10:05 PM
it's tied...this is in memphis, right?

ElNono
10-29-2010, 10:06 PM

Dallas

Venti Quattro
10-29-2010, 10:07 PM

it's in dallas

ElNono
Gasol clutch board, fouled by Chandler

ElNono
Damn... Missed a FT.. Table is set for Dirk's game winner

HarlemHeat37
10-29-2010, 10:08 PM
Double Dirk, make somebody else beat you..maybe Terry redeems himself..

siraulo23
dirk ftw

HarlemHeat37
:lol:lol:lol Terry:lol:lol:lol..

ElNono
lol Terry

SAtown
10-29-2010, 10:09 PM
LMAO Terry

ElNono
WTF was that? :lol

Mrlunt925
Terry almost blew the game right there

ElNono
10-29-2010, 10:10 PM
lol Kidd :lmao

HarlemHeat37
:lol Dallas, what a massive choke job at the end..they can't make simple passes, can't even get a shot off..

Ditty
roflmfao mavs

ElNono
LOL Dallas

SAtown
lololol Dallas fucking sucks at everything

Pelicans78
10-29-2010, 10:11 PM
Wow, what a big win for Memphis responding to their disappointing home opener.

DeadlyDynasty
10-29-2010, 10:11 PM
what happened?

Venti Quattro
10-29-2010, 10:12 PM
lol mavs

ElNono
what happened?

Terry turnover, bad pass, Dallas gets ball back
Kidd turnover, bad pass from inbound, Memphis win

ogait
Stupid play, why have Marion in for a catch and shoot situation.
They knew they were passing to Dirk or Terry just made it easier for them.

benefactor
what happened?
Dallas choked.

In other news, scientists have confirmed that the sun will indeed rise in the east tomorrow.

Killakobe81
10-29-2010, 10:13 PM
Watched the last few mins. Wow that team looked like shit opening night ...but Gasol made a huge difference. To beat Mavs without ZBO ...wow.

Warlord23
10-29-2010, 10:14 PM
The Mavs seem to be in playoff mode already ... way to go Carlisle :tu

Ghazi
10-29-2010, 10:25 PM
Just more evidence that this team is Dirk + a bunch of "decent talent"... we need a 2nd star in the worst way. Iggy would be nice. Beaubois will help but he's too raw/young.

Just a good 50-55 win team... nothing more, nothing less.

Darrin
10-29-2010, 10:30 PM
When did Carlisle shave his head?

Killakobe81
10-29-2010, 10:45 PM
Just more evidence that this team is Dirk + a bunch of "decent talent"... we need a 2nd star in the worst way. Iggy would be nice. Beaubois will help but he's too raw/young.

Just a good 50-55 win team... nothing more, nothing less.

Collins was always enamored with Caron doing TNT games ... offer roddy and Caron for Iggy and my guess you get a deal done. your rookie is nice. Roddy is not necessary.

Giuseppe
10-29-2010, 10:49 PM
The whole thing is rotten, and has been since the Heat debacle. Resigning Dirk and adding in shit like Marion, Butler, et al has just compounded the dilemma and made it insurmountable.

Cuban is a businessman...with a heart. You can't do that. You are one, or, you are the other. That's it.

LOL@MavsFan
10-29-2010, 10:51 PM
LOL Mavs

dirk4mvp
10-29-2010, 10:54 PM
classic spur fan quotes in this thread. shouldn't you all be getting ready to burn your Ranger gear?

The Grizzlies are a playoff team this year, there's not really any shame in losing to them.

Giuseppe
10-29-2010, 10:55 PM
At home, dirk?

Please.

dirk4mvp
10-29-2010, 10:57 PM
away games are usually when teams are the most aggressive. unlike yourself when you were in an away game getting that ass tapped by the Viets.

Giuseppe
10-29-2010, 10:58 PM
Don't try distracting your loss tonite with the Viets.

You lost, at home, to the Grizz.

Just take it, and like it.

ElNono
Without ZBo? GMAFB

NRHector

Just a good 50-55 win team... nothing more, nothing less.too late now Dirk is almost done with his game

Killakobe81
classic spur fan quotes in this thread. shouldn't you all be getting ready to burn your Ranger gear?

The Grizzlies are a playoff team this year, there's not really any shame in losing to them.

You are probaly right though no playoff assured to Grizz. But without Zbo Mavs should of crushed the Grizz at home. Dirk needs a better #2. Wade has Lebron or the other way around really, does it matter? Kobe has Pau. KG has pierce and Ray Ray. duncan has manu and parker. Dirk deseves better. I would even take durant and Westbrook over dirk and anyone on Mavs roster.

Giuseppe
10-29-2010, 10:59 PM
Without ZBo? GMAFB

& then give me one as well.

El & I, on the same page. I God's!

ElNono
10-29-2010, 11:00 PM
And TBH, if not for Terry ineptitude in the clutch, this game was very winnable for the Mavs

Giuseppe
10-29-2010, 11:00 PM
too late now Dirk is almost done with his game

Yet another Spurs fellow with a cogent take this evening.

Bully, Hec, bully for you.

Giuseppe
10-29-2010, 11:02 PM
And TBH, if not for Terry ineptitude in the clutch, this game was very winnable for the Mavs

But, that is Terry's MO now. He's compromised himself so badly with his inability to 4th quarter function that he's part of the problem instead of the solution.

dirk4mvp
10-29-2010, 11:05 PM
too late now Dirk is almost done with his game

that's pretty far off.

Giuseppe
10-29-2010, 11:09 PM
No, dirk, that's the goods/precise style. And you know it.

Jeff Van Gundy
10-29-2010, 11:09 PM
I've said this many times, there will be a time where Dallas needs to change their defensive system. Their backcourt are getting old and have a difficult time defending in the 4th quarter. The had a substantial lead until they broke down. Get Dirk another defensive stopper to replace Jason Terry like an Iguodala or Ronnie Brewer and this team won't have a hard time finishing games.

Killakobe81
10-29-2010, 11:10 PM
everybody blames Dirk for the finals but Stackhouse and Terry were the big chokers IMHO ...

But dirk is the star so he gets the glory and the blame ...no excuses.

Venti Quattro
10-29-2010, 11:13 PM
I've said this many times, there will be a time where Dallas needs to change their defensive system. Their backcourt are getting old and have a difficult time defending in the 4th quarter. The had a substantial lead until they broke down. Get Dirk another defensive stopper to replace Jason Terry like an Iguodala or Ronnie Brewer and this team won't have a hard time finishing games.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

What's your take on the new officiating rules?

dirk4mvp
10-29-2010, 11:22 PM
No, dirk, that's the goods/precise style. And you know it.

that's like you saying you brought the goods against the Viets.

Giuseppe
10-29-2010, 11:26 PM
Dirk, schmirk.

midnightpulp
10-29-2010, 11:44 PM
Dirk, schmirk.

Look at you wading in from the shore now that the sharks have swam off.

sribb43
10-30-2010, 12:02 AM
Without Zbo :lol

:lol Mavs...I expect more games like this to follow. It's gonna be a tough season and watching mavs games will be like pulling teeth. A bunch of Dirk iso's and nothing else bc the rest of the team is trash offensively

21_Blessings
10-30-2010, 08:25 AM
If Dallas had some Iggy, Gay wouldn't have skullfucked them at the end there.

Rummpd
10-30-2010, 09:52 AM
Last year Dallas won a ton of close games and Hollinger used that for the reason he believes they will not win 50 games this year. IMO they win 50 but not many more - they are simply over-rated.

Per Hollinger = the Mavs Outlook

Dallas' greatest skill last season wasn't offense or defense, actually -- it was pulling rabbits out of hats at the end of games. The Mavs went 18-7 in games decided by five points or less after going 18-5 in such games a year earlier; in fact, since 2004-05 the Mavs are 93-44 in these games.

The outlook for Dallas this season depends in part on whether one considers that luck or skill. On one hand, 93-44 is a pretty impressive mark -- if these games were truly random, we'd expect this to happen only one time in 50,000. That makes it difficult to ascribe to random chance. .....

The biggest question in projecting the Mavs is how they'll use the roster. I project each team based on the idea that they'll play their best-rated players the most (provided those players are healthy), but in Dallas' case I feel less assured than in some others. I rated them with Beaubois playing nearly 2,000 minutes after returning from injury, which would require the Mavs to use Butler exclusively as a backup small forward and to reduce Terry's minutes. I'm not sure they're ready to do this, but if Beaubois plays as well as he did a year ago, I don't think they'll have a choice.

The projection for Beaubois is perhaps too optimistic; on the other hand, Kidd's looks far too negative. On balance, it evens out. The other factor to consider is the magic beans the Mavs have been using to spirit close games into the win column in recent seasons. I remain a non-believer, but if you want to give Dallas extra credit for this you should add about three wins to the total below.

The other factor to consider is the Mavs' willingness to spend along the way. If a deal crops up, they'll make it, even if it costs them even more in luxury tax. Considering they have $27 million in expiring contracts with Butler, Chandler and Stevenson, they'll probably do something between now and the trade deadline.

At the end of it all, however, it looks like more of the same. The Mavs are probably still another year or two away from their age catching up to them. In the meantime, they'll be the same middle-of-the-pack Western Conference playoff team they've been throughout the Carlisle era.

Prediction: 48-34, 2nd in Southwest Division, 5th in Western Conference

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/trainingcamp10/insider/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=MavericksForecast1011

Phillip
10-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Last year Dallas won a ton of close games and Hollinger used that for the reason he believes they will not win 50 games this year. IMO they win 50 but not many more - they are simply over-rated.

Dallas' greatest skill last season wasn't offense or defense, actually -- it was pulling rabbits out of hats at the end of games. The Mavs went 18-7 in games decided by five points or less after going 18-5 in such games a year earlier; in fact, since 2004-05 the Mavs are 93-44 in these games.

The outlook for Dallas this season depends in part on whether one considers that luck or skill. On one hand, 93-44 is a pretty impressive mark -- if these games were truly random, we'd expect this to happen only one time in 50,000. That makes it difficult to ascribe to random chance. .....

The biggest question in projecting the Mavs is how they'll use the roster. I project each team based on the idea that they'll play their best-rated players the most (provided those players are healthy), but in Dallas' case I feel less assured than in some others. I rated them with Beaubois playing nearly 2,000 minutes after returning from injury, which would require the Mavs to use Butler exclusively as a backup small forward and to reduce Terry's minutes. I'm not sure they're ready to do this, but if Beaubois plays as well as he did a year ago, I don't think they'll have a choice.

The projection for Beaubois is perhaps too optimistic; on the other hand, Kidd's looks far too negative. On balance, it evens out. The other factor to consider is the magic beans the Mavs have been using to spirit close games into the win column in recent seasons. I remain a non-believer, but if you want to give Dallas extra credit for this you should add about three wins to the total below.

The other factor to consider is the Mavs' willingness to spend along the way. If a deal crops up, they'll make it, even if it costs them even more in luxury tax. Considering they have $27 million in expiring contracts with Butler, Chandler and Stevenson, they'll probably do something between now and the trade deadline.

At the end of it all, however, it looks like more of the same. The Mavs are probably still another year or two away from their age catching up to them. In the meantime, they'll be the same middle-of-the-pack Western Conference playoff team they've been throughout the Carlisle era.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/trainingcamp10/insider/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=MavericksForecast1011

How can you sit here and whine about them being overrated, when you are actually rating them higher than Hollinger has them rated? Fucking moron.

Ashy Larry
10-30-2010, 11:09 AM
everybody blames Dirk for the finals but Stackhouse and Terry were the big chokers IMHO ...

But dirk is the star so he gets the glory and the blame ...no excuses.

I blame Dirk. He shouldn't have fouled Wade with that unseen hit that send him to the line late. :rollin

mavsfan1000
10-30-2010, 11:14 AM
Dallas has one of the worst backcourts in the league. Gotta do something about that. Butler, Dirk, and Chandler is fine but Terry, Kidd, and Barea aren't.

BUMP
10-30-2010, 11:53 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

holy hell you burrito stuffing fat fucks actually made a thread about this loss?

Anybody watching this game knew that Dallas didn't care while Memphis treated this like game 7 of the NBA Finals. After every made shot their bench erupted, OJ Mayo was trying to fire up his teammates after every time out, and once the game ended their bench stormed the court while Terry just kinda chuckled at the end.

Funny how when the Mavs get an impressive reg. season win it's "lol Mavs regular season champions" but when they practically don't care and let a terrible team beat them for fun it's "lol Mavs already choking"

heatluva
10-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Dallas has one of the worst backcourts in the league. Gotta do something about that. Butler, Dirk, and Chandler is fine but Terry, Kidd, and Barea aren't.

roddy and jones should get time over all of those but Kidd. not only do you have to develop your young guys to stay competitive in the future, i think they're flat out better than those guys in the PRESENT.

BUMP
10-30-2010, 12:04 PM

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

spurs=class

spurs=classs

Ashy Larry
10-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Mavs gotta figure it out. It's early but these are the games they gotta bank especially when at home.

RoddyBukkake
10-30-2010, 04:14 PM
I don't understand how Cuban has floor seats to every game yet beaner is still on this team

badfish22
10-30-2010, 04:23 PM
tbh French Jesus is still out so these games show nothing of how good the Mavs can be. The less this team relies on Terry the better.

ElNono
10-30-2010, 06:26 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

holy hell you made a thread about this loss?

This thread was made at the start of the 4th quarter, before the game was actually decided...

Ghazi
10-30-2010, 06:32 PM
Beaubois will help... but we need a trade if there's any out there.

Terry/trash for Iggy/Nocioni... I'd like that. Terry "should be" redundant on this roster if Beaubois lives up to expectations.

La Mont
10-30-2010, 07:26 PM
Beaubois will help... but we need a trade if there's any out there.

Terry/trash for Iggy/Nocioni... I'd like that. Terry "should be" redundant on this roster if Beaubois lives up to expectations.

make such a trade and you will have more than half a team of players playing SF. a five-SF lineup would look sexy though.

mavsfan1000
10-30-2010, 08:32 PM
True. We need a shooting guard and a point guard. Not likely to happen. We keep getting SF's that struggle at SG and that is not what we need.

Giuseppe
10-30-2010, 08:48 PM
WTF have you been, turdhound?

sribb43
10-31-2010, 12:35 AM
Butler and Haywood blow. They make me miss Smokey

TheMACHINE
10-31-2010, 02:02 AM
my 2 cents about yesterdays game:

lol dallas