PDA

View Full Version : Was RuPaul worth his contract?

LkrFan
10-30-2010, 07:25 AM
Michael Beasley, the player the Hype got rid of is outplaying the "20/10" scrub they acquired that makes about $10M more than him. It's true:

Beasley - 19 ppg, 8.5 rpg - $4.9M
RuPaul - 11.3 ppg, 8.3 rpg - $14.5M

Beasley is out scoring and out boarding him at a fraction of the cost. Meanwhile, RuPaul won't say it publicly but I'm sure he is tired of being 3rd fiddle to LeHype and DWhistle. I foresee a Shaq/Kobe situation waiting to happen (minus the rings of course :nope). RuPaul can get it together because the season is young, but I doubt it because how ball dominant LeHype and DWhistle are. :lol

And for good measure, Lamar Odom - the Lakers' 6th man that's forced to start right now - is also out playing RuPaul: 16 ppg, 13.5 rpg - $8.2M. The thing is, LO is our 3rd best big.

I fully expect our frontline to beast Miami's. You won't be going against ancient ass Shaq, KG and JO. Nor will you combat no offense having all-I-can-do-is-dunk D12 or 3pt chucking choker Retard Lewis. Our frontline features two 7-footers with 7'6" wingspans that are versatile as hell. Either can go 20/10 on y'all and there is nothing y'all can do to stop it. December 25th can't come soon enough. :toast

MiamiHeat
10-30-2010, 07:27 AM
Beasley's offensive talents were never in question.

He is worse than Amare on defense, though. Horrible.

and he's a tweener. Too small to be a true PF but too big and slow to be a serviceable SF.

LkrFan
10-30-2010, 07:31 AM
Beasley's offensive talents were never in question.

and he's a tweener. Too small to be a true PF but too big and slow to be a serviceable SF.
WTF are you talking about? They are both listed as 235 lbs. Both are listed as a PF but has SF skills. Beasley is 21 years old and is still maturing as a player. I would have kept him and spent some money on a decent big.

That fast break shit only works in the RS - just ask the Suns. You need someone in the paint that is willing to get down and dirty. RuPaul ain't that dude. I saw Shaq give him a forearm shiver and that sissy never came through the lane again.

monosylab1k
10-30-2010, 08:23 AM

You say this like Chris Bosh is any better.

21_Blessings
10-30-2010, 08:24 AM
Raptors really don't look that much worse either :lol

MiamiHeat
10-30-2010, 08:28 AM
hahahahahaa

you laker fans are salty as fuck over this

Giuseppe
10-30-2010, 08:32 AM
At least you're not crying anymore, Heaty. That was very unbecoming.

21_Blessings
10-30-2010, 08:33 AM
The Lakers kept the more effective BIG man. What do we have to be salty about?

Bosh is a less versatile Lamar Odom anyway :lol

MiamiHeat
10-30-2010, 08:47 AM
lol you salty fans want a ride on the HEAT bandwagon?

http://themaltachronicle.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/bandwagon.jpg

we still got space on the roof for you laker fans

Giuseppe
10-30-2010, 09:02 AM
Though Boston did build a shoe store in that Heat ass the other nite. Had you talkin' to yerself in the immediate aftermath.

ha, ha.

TwelveGs210
10-30-2010, 09:27 AM
LOL @ comparing stats 3 games into the season

LeHeat_Dynasty
10-30-2010, 09:31 AM
From a statistical standpoint, Bosh is not worth the maximum contract he signed with Miami. He's projected to average anywhere between 16-19 PPG and about 8-10 boards a game in his stint with the Heat. If Bosh can fully develop the defensive aspect of his game then, maybe we'll feel a bit better with his salary as we go along.

But one of the many reasons Wade and James committed with Pat Riley was because Bosh made assurance that he's also going to be on board. I think if Bosh didn't sign with Miami, chances of Lebron also playing somewhere else is pretty high.

Giuseppe
10-30-2010, 09:37 AM
^This LeHeat fellow is a fine youngster. He's the saving grace in an otherwise reprehensible NBA Forum Heat Fandom.

Their leader, that Heaty guy. That fuckhead.

MiamiHeat
10-30-2010, 09:46 AM
Bosh is worth the money.

Just because he's a 3rd option now doesn't mean jack shit.

It gives a ton of flexibility during games, too. Wade and Bron can be well-rested throughout the season, and if they have any foul trouble, it's not a big deal.

Wade-Bosh, or LeBron-Bosh is a great offensive duo anyway.

LeHeat_Dynasty
10-30-2010, 10:46 AM
When was the last time Wade and Lebron have been in foul trouble? You can be sure Lebron and Wade will never be in that situation.

What Bosh does well is score and IMO the Heat never needed a third string 20 point scorer. It's nice to have , but I think they are better off acquiring a hustle guy willing to sacrifice himself on the post to clean the glass and help Udonis hold some of the defensive duties consistently. But that being said, the Heat were willing to spend some serious cash during offseason and other than Bosh, no one really fits the bill. Still, that doesnt make Bosh worth his maximum contract. Its only been 3 games into the season and you can already tell both Wade and Lebron have found their respective identities with the team. Wade is going to be the focal point of offense while Lebron becomes the glue guy who will do everything exceptoinally well (Score, Rebound, Defense and Facilitate). Bosh? I dont know, like I said, if he cant commit himself more on the defensive end, then he's just taking up space on the floor because I dont see many offensive plays for him, at least not when two prominent dominant scorers are on the floor together.

Jose Canseco
10-30-2010, 12:05 PM
Not worth his contract but still a better option than not having him where Haslem would have to start and they'd have even shittier bigs come off the bench. I think Bosh is the one who has to adjust the most because he's used to having a lot more touches offensively. He'll have to get in where he fits in. Won't be surprised if he ends up being a 12-14 PPG but they really need him to do work on the glass at both ends.

Baseline
10-30-2010, 12:47 PM
I've always thought Bosh is overrated, but other than Amare, he was the best big available in free agency. It wouldn't have made sense for LeBron to come to Miami without a decent big. And Boozer is a joke. If you don't think so, replay any of the Utah-LA playoff series...Boozer was a perpetual Houdini.

But to me, what would have made the most sense was LeBron and Wade both going to Chicago, where they have a good PG and a good defensive center (Noah) already in place. Obviously that would have been very difficult salary-wise.

But looking at the whole picture, Bosh was fortunate to get to join Wade and LeBron, and he's also fortunate that those two superstars considered him their equal in terms of money. Whether he knows it or not, the luckiest guy in the NBA is Chris Bosh.

j.dizzle
10-30-2010, 01:30 PM
LOL Bosh has to be one of the softest bigs in the league. Like I said in another post, if hes being guarded by somebody his height or bigger then he will shy away from any physical play & just shoot jumpshots. He makes Dirk look like the incredible hulk. I still laugh at him acting like he was some big shot superstar all summer long. Only reason he put up big numbers in Tor was because they were a shitty team & he got like 15-20 FGA a game. Now ppl wont even really notice Bosh on Mia because hes 3rd option & he probably wont even avg 15-20 points a game this season

Jose Canseco
10-30-2010, 01:43 PM
I remember a few years ago when Phil Jackson got fined for saying he'd love Chris Bosh on the Lakers

AussieFanKurt
10-31-2010, 12:41 AM
fined? Whats considered fine worthy for saying he'd want bosh

LkrFan
10-31-2010, 04:10 PM
Two telling stats on the Hype's starting PF v. the hapless Nets:

1. 2-2 FTs
2. 1 rebound

Now granted, they played a lottery team with 1.5 good players, but if I have a "PF" that gives me only 1 rebound in 26 minutes and going to the line only twice, I'd say that dude is soft. He won't bang and won't get you any rebounds either. EDIT: y'all got outrebounded by the Nets. The Lakers will destroy you guys on the glass. Remember, you can't run if you don't get the rebound.

Even when Lamar Odom doesn't score, he'll give me double digit rebounds in his sleep and pretty good defense. Again, he is our 3rd best big.

Keep enjoying your blowout wins against teams that won't do jack shit this year. You know you ain't playing nobody when Eddie fucking House is a +12 in 24 minutes of play. :lol When you play someone with some beef in the middle, watch how you guys wither. December 25th can't come soon enough. :wakeup

Killakobe81
10-31-2010, 04:16 PM
From a statistical standpoint, Bosh is not worth the maximum contract he signed with Miami. He's projected to average anywhere between 16-19 PPG and about 8-10 boards a game in his stint with the Heat. If Bosh can fully develop the defensive aspect of his game then, maybe we'll feel a bit better with his salary as we go along.

But one of the many reasons Wade and James committed with Pat Riley was because Bosh made assurance that he's also going to be on board. I think if Bosh didn't sign with Miami, chances of Lebron also playing somewhere else is pretty high.

I agree. Despie his waffling in the other thread he makes great point without Bosh maybe Lebron is in NYC or chicago ...

MiamiHeat
10-31-2010, 08:22 PM
bosh played only 25 mins tonight

21_Blessings
10-31-2010, 08:24 PM
bosh played only 25 mins tonight

and made fucking bank

Darrin
10-31-2010, 08:26 PM
It's clear the Heat never wanted Beasley. Pat Riley complained the day before the draft that he didn't want to take Beasley. He wasn't going to get burn.

The true comparison is Mike Miller. The Heat traded Beasley to the T-Wolves because they wanted to sign him. Watching the shooters in the New Jersey game, and Beasley's beast skills, that has to be the bone-headed mistake that is going to haunt the Miami Heat.

LkrFan
11-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Bump.

RuPaul had 5 rebs in last game v. the big bad Nets. Woot! :lol

jeebus
11-07-2010, 04:59 PM
worth every bit of that $14.5 mil. it's gotta hurt the heat owner to write christina a check that big

AussieFanKurt
11-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Fuck he gobbles up all the boards

Darrin
11-07-2010, 07:11 PM
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1079549353/delonte_normal.png

Koolaid_Man
11-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Chis Bosh is a faggot of epic proportions...now this nigga sayin he gets lost on the court....

"I get a little lost out there, because it's different."

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?lc=NBA&c=1&TEAM_ID=&PLAYER_ID=&hd=20101107#STORY_29239

midnightpulp
11-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Chis Bosh is a faggot of epic proportions...now this nigga sayin he gets lost on the court....

"I get a little lost out there, because it's different."

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?lc=NBA&c=1&TEAM_ID=&PLAYER_ID=&hd=20101107#STORY_29239

Kinda like the way you lost your heterosexuality at birth.

Kevin Durant 35
11-08-2010, 02:48 AM
lol @ comparing stats 3 games into the season

+1

miserableman
11-08-2010, 03:00 AM
Lebron and Wade shoulda made better friends with Dwight instead.

LkrFan
11-20-2010, 05:56 AM
Bump. Same shit, different day:

2010-11 Statistics
Beasley - RuPaul
PPG 22.4 - 16.8
RPG 5.7 - 6.7
APG 1.7 - 2.1
SPG 1.1 -0.6
BPG 0.7 - 0.9
FG% 0.489 - 0.507
FT% 0.712 - 0.864
3P% 0.483 - 0.333
MPG 32.5 - 32.6

Is RuPaul really worth roughly $10M more than Beasley? RuPaul averages a whopping 1 more rebound than him. Their other stats are pretty much a wash. Yet they chose RuPaul over him? :lol

Props to RuPaul for getting his first double double...against the Bobcats. :wakeup