PDA

View Full Version : Appreciating the little things...

benefactor
10-30-2010, 09:11 AM
...in life that are somewhat insignificant but still nice have around.

I don't work on Monday mornings...ever. My schedule is three 12's...Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday...and I pick up the extra 4 hours to make my 40 on Monday from 2pm to 6pm.

I have a new Reader's Digest that shows up in my bathroom every month. It is surprisingly good shitting reading.

I live exactly 6 minutes from work. Not only is this nice because of the day to day, but I am on call every other weekend so it makes coming back to work more tolerable.

PakiDan
10-30-2010, 10:17 AM
I have a new Reader's Digest that shows up in my bathroom every month. It is surprisingly good shitting reading. .

My mom used to get that magazine... man that IS good bathroom reading! Im gonna have to buy a subscription!

Im greatful that I'm the boss, and I'm greatful that I'm able to post.

Gutter92
10-30-2010, 10:47 AM
I appreciate my Maltese puppy! Who appreciates shitting all over the place :lol

I appreciate that I live within view of my college campus! :p:

benefactor
10-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Oh yeah...I also paid extra to get a nice set of trimmers that line up the beard extra clean. You never know how bad the cheap ones really are until you spring for good ones.

silverblk mystix
10-31-2010, 08:31 AM
speaking of little things...

My finger got mangled up pretty good in a work related injury and even though it is only a finger-a pinky at that-it has caused me so much grief because I haven't been able to play guitar in about 3 months.
The longest time away from the guitar in my life.
I try to play but the pain is so bad and I can't even fret a lot of chords and it pisses me off to no end.

It has definitely made me appreciate just having body parts that work and I will never take any good health for granted.

We can breathe, walk,talk etc... for the most part without pain and that is something I will always cherish...and I hope everybody here does the same.

Frenzy
10-31-2010, 09:56 AM
Thank the heavens for soap.

Darrin
10-31-2010, 11:42 AM
My apartment complex is quiet and close to downtown. I love the fact I don't have to own a car, especially since I don't drive. If I wanted to take in a game, I could do it at one of two establishments, and I can't tell you how many times I have taken the ten-minute walk to go get something to eat when I'm feeling lazy.

I love when my apartment is clean. A vacuumed floor and washed tile makes me a happier person. I don't understand it. I never will. It's somewhere in the subconscious, it has to be. But when I don't step on little pieces of crap on the floor, I do a little happy dance inside.

I love hot showers. It's so relaxing.

Music.

The Pistons switched back from Teal and Maroon.

JudynTX
11-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Appreciate and thankful for:

1) A job
2) Loving husband
3) Crazy family

:lol

Creepn
11-01-2010, 01:08 PM
I'm thankful for the convenient location for extra toilet paper rolls so I wouldn't have to get up with my pants around my ankles to get a fresh roll.

JudynTX
11-01-2010, 01:10 PM
I also appreciate those pop-up Post-It-Note pads, they come in handy. :tu

The Gemini Method
11-01-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm thankful that we all could be able to post what we're thankful for and have access to all the frivoluous frivolous excess we find on the internet.

I appreciate a gf that is both caring and understanding. She apparently can deal with my crazy self and she has already bought me Laker tickets! Can't beat that!

I appreciate the advice the neighbors get as we're the youngest people on this block and it is sometimes hard to adjust to living in a new place w/o the friendliness of the neighbors and the knowhow of the locals.

I appreciate lazy weekends where the biggest thing you have to worry about is what to eat for dinner...

Blake
11-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Appreciate and thankful for:

1) A job
2) Loving husband

so you are more thankful for your job than your loving husband.

...women....

JudynTX
11-01-2010, 01:43 PM
so you are more thankful for your job than your loving husband.

...women....

In today's economy, yes. I know my husband will always be there for me, even w/o a job.

balli
11-01-2010, 01:44 PM
I love Pilot G-2 pens with the 1.0 points. I have several in addition to a good collection of fountain pens which I do not like as much because they are more prone to bleeding. Right now, I am using a green one. Before that, blue. I'll probably go back to blue again, rather than black, once my current green is finished.

If I buy a bic lighter I use it and don't lose it until it runs out of fuel. I average about 2.5 lighters per year. Purple is an awesome lighter color.

I sometimes buy orange tic-tacs and immediately eat them all, just so I can crush the box and use the shards to scrape under my fingernails.

I'm really obsessed with glass water bottles. I'm always on the lookout for good glass bottles that I can reuse for carrying water. Right now, Tejava brand iced tea bottles are my favorite. Tejava is a subsidiary of Crystal Geyser. A whole shelf in my fridge is dedicated to about 15 glass bottles which I only fill with Mount Olympus brand spring water. My water consumption and storage is an incredibly clean and OCD like endeavour.

Fpoonsie
11-01-2010, 01:45 PM
I naturally assumed this was a Sequ tribute thread.

SpursWoman
11-01-2010, 01:58 PM
I love Pilot G-2 pens with the 1.0 points. I have several in addition to a good collection of fountain pens which I do not like as much because they are more prone to bleeding. Right now, I am using a green one. Before that, blue. I'll probably go back to blue again, rather than black, once my current green is finished.

I alternate the green & red ink G-2 pens. And since somehow I got stuck ordering the office supplies at work, I'm always well stocked. :tu

I appreciate the automatic timer on my coffee pot, and the fact that it's been around for ages in no way deflects from it's importance to me. Especially now that my bedroom is upstairs, and I have to try hard with my muddled morning-brain not to let my cats trip me down the stairs.

baseline bum
11-01-2010, 02:17 PM

Is that the bold? The G2 10 (bold point) is the only pen I ever use. Every other pen makes your hand get tired after writing 20-30 pages, but the G2-10s apply ink smooth and effortlessly. Too bad most stores only carry the fucking fine point versions, which suck.

balli
11-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Is that the bold? The G2 10 (bold point) is the only pen I ever use. Every other pen makes your hand get tired after writing 20-30 pages, but the G2-10s apply ink smooth and effortlessly. Too bad most stores only carry the fucking fine point versions, which suck.

:tu on the bold. I too don't understand why most stores only carry the .7's. The 1's are so clearly superior.

SpursWoman
11-01-2010, 02:20 PM

I order the 10's from Staples, so I know they carry them. :lol

balli
11-01-2010, 02:22 PM
I buy 'em at Office Max. They don't carry refills in that size though, so I have to buy whole pens when I re-up.

baseline bum
11-01-2010, 02:25 PM
I buy 'em at Office Max. They don't carry refills in that size though, so I have to buy whole pens when I re-up.

Me too. Pilot only makes refills on the 5s and the 7s. What really pissed me off was when you'd buy the pack of 10s with red, green, and blue, and the fourth pen would be a super fucking fine point black that was utterly useless and went straight into the trash. Thankfully they make the black a 10 also in that pack now.

mrsmaalox
11-01-2010, 02:36 PM
I appreciate a nice cardboard box; it's a simple item that brings me much happiness.

JudynTX
11-01-2010, 02:39 PM
I order the 10's from Staples, so I know they carry them. :lol

I love, love, love the Pilot VBall Pens, fine point of course. :D Blue is my favorite ink to use, I hate black. :lol

My boss prefers the VBall Grip.

CosmicCowboy
11-01-2010, 03:10 PM
quilted toilet paper

my dogs quivering,bouncing, unqualified love and absolute ecstasy every time I come home from work.

extremely accurate rifles

the smell of bbq on the pit

the occasional good cigar

a drawn flush in poker

dang, lots of stuff...

CavsSuperFan
11-01-2010, 03:32 PM
I am grateful for those small bite-sized candy labeled "Fun Size”… I'll tell you what, that term wasn't coined by a woman…

Gutter92
11-01-2010, 04:44 PM
I appreciate a nice cardboard box; it's a simple item that brings me much happiness.
:rollin

"happiness" for you

"home" for some people :depressed

desflood
11-01-2010, 07:40 PM
My car died in rush-hour traffic at a red light today; I called my old man to have him come get me so we could pick up the kids (I was already half an hour late picking them up from school). I waited 45 hot, embarrassing minutes as pissed-off people lined up behind me honking and making rude gestures (honestly, is everybody too stupid to know what hazard lights mean anymore?). I was beginning to get really angry myself when he finally pulled up with the kids already in the car. He'd picked them up from school first. It's a little thing, but I appreciate having a hubby that thinks of his kids before anything else.

mrsmaalox
11-02-2010, 08:43 AM
It's a little thing, but I appreciate having a hubby that thinks of his kids before anything else.

Des, I don't think that's a little thing! That's a big, important thing that many women have to do without and that some of us more fortunate ones take for granted. Thanks for reminding me :toast

edit: I really appreciated my heated car seats this morning ;)

Sportcamper
11-02-2010, 09:41 AM
Desflood- If your car breaks down again lift your hood up…People behind you can’t tell what is going on….Also they make very simple flares available in any auto parts store… Pick some up & leave them in your trunk for emergencies….