PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs family tree has added another.

Man In Black
10-30-2010, 12:00 PM
Curious...is your team's coach or GM part of this tree or does your coach or GM even have a tree?

If you guys know your coach or GM's tree, I think that'd be interesting to see. Remember when we used to see so many recycle retread coaches?
Guys like Bob Weiss or Matt Guokas or Mike Fratello or someone like that. Not anymore, it seems that ownership groups like to steal from established franchises. So again, if that's the case...who was stolen from your favorite team?

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2010/10/29/hornets-have-pop-protege/

[Monty] Williams is the latest head coach with Spurs connections tapped by another team to bring the Popovich touch. He is one of four active head coaches who were on the 1995-96 Spurs that general manager Popovich put together. The others: Boston’s Doc Rivers, New Jersey’s Avery Johnson and the Clippers’ Vinny Del Negro.

Another member of that team, Dell Demps, is in his first season as general manager of the Hornets, reunited with Williams after spending five seasons in the Spurs’ front office.

Other people would include GM Sam Presti of OKC, former coach of the Cavs-Mike Brown, Former GM of the Blazers-Kevin Pritchard, Former GM of the Suns-Steve Kerr, Assistant GM Danny Ferry of the Spurs, Assistant Coach Mario Elie of the Kings. I'm sure there are others but these are the ones of the top of my head.