PDA

View Full Version : Rank the next top 10 NBA players

LeHeat_Dynasty
10-30-2010, 05:06 PM
We already know the top 10 list, or at least majority of us can agree the following players (Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Durant, Dwight Howard, Deron Williams, CP3, Gasol, Dirk, Carmelo Anthony) belong in this list.

How about the next 10 players?

Below are some of the candidates. Take your pick.

Brandon Roy
Kevin Garnett
Joe Johnson
Tim Duncan
Gilbert Arenas
Monta Ellis
Rajon Rondo
Tony Parker
Steve Nash
Amar'e Stoudemire
Paul Pierce
Derrick Rose
Andrew Bogut
Josh Smith
Gerald Wallace
Lamar Odom
Tony Parker
David West
Rudy Gay
Blair Griffin
Baron Davis
Chris Bosh
Tyreke Evans
Brandon Jennings
Brook Lopez
Joakim Noah
Andrew Bynum
Zach Randolph
Manu Ginobili

biziofromdowntown
10-30-2010, 05:19 PM
We already know the top 10 list, or at least majority of us can agree the following players (Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Durant, Dwight Howard, Deron Williams, CP3, Gasol, Dirk, Carmelo Anthony) belong in this list.

How about the next 10 players?

Below are some of the candidates. Take your pick.

Brandon Roy
Kevin Garnett
Joe Johnson
Tim Duncan
Gilbert Arenas
Monta Ellis
Rajon Rondo
Tony Parker
Steve Nash
Amar'e Stoudemire
Paul Pierce
Derrick Rose
Andrew Bogut
Josh Smith
Gerald Wallace
Lamar Odom
Tony Parker
David West
Rudy Gay
Blair Griffin
Baron Davis
Chris Bosh
Tyreke Evans
Brandon Jennings
Brook Lopez
Joakim Noah
Andrew Bynum
Zach Randolph
Manu Ginobili

Duncan is inte the TOP TEN, take out one of the other, u r crazy man. U r crazy

JamStone
10-30-2010, 05:28 PM
1. LeBron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Kevin Durant
5. Chris Paul
6. Dwight Howard
7. Carmelo Anthony
8. Pau Gasol
9. Dirk Nowitzki
10. Tim Duncan

11. Deron Williams
12. Brandon Roy
13. Amare Stoudemire
14. Rajon Rondo
15. Steve Nash
16. Paul Pierce
17. Chris Bosh
18. Joe Johnson
19. Gerald Wallace
20. Kevin Garnett

DPG21920
10-30-2010, 05:44 PM
This type of stuff is so hard because there are so many ways to argue it. I pretty much agree with Jam's list.

narmerguy
10-30-2010, 05:44 PM
1. LeBron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Kevin Durant
5. Chris Paul
6. Dwight Howard
7. Carmelo Anthony
8. Pau Gasol
9. Dirk Nowitzki
10. Tim Duncan

11. Deron Williams
12. Brandon Roy
13. Amare Stoudemire
14. Rajon Rondo
15. Steve Nash
16. Paul Pierce
17. Chris Bosh
18. Joe Johnson
19. Gerald Wallace
20. Kevin Garnett

Good shit.

biziofromdowntown
10-30-2010, 05:50 PM
Durant
Kobe
Wade
Melo
Duncan
Dirk
CP3
DH
Lebron
Garnett
Agent 0
Rajon Rondo
Tony Parker
Steve Nash
Amar'e
Pierce
Derrick Rose
Gerald Wallace
Brook Lopez
Gasol Pau

not in the right order

cobbler
10-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Clearly I'd be on the list if Phil would just give me some PT. :depressed

LeHeat_Dynasty
10-30-2010, 06:20 PM
To Biofromdowntown, the list was obtained from another source, not necessarily mine.

Jamstone, thats a pretty solid list. I love how you have B. Roy on # 12. I'm a huge fan of his game and I think he's definitely up there.

I know this is a Spurs website, but Is Duncan still a Top 10 player? Or are you guys simply picking him because on his past credentials and accolades? I haven't seen much of him, so forgive the blasphemy. If Duncan is Top 10, then KG shouldn't be that far ahead considering Garnett is at least 80% back to his 2008 form.

Ghazi
10-30-2010, 06:43 PM
quit making shitty threads

TD 21
10-30-2010, 07:09 PM
1. LeBron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Kevin Durant
5. Chris Paul
6. Dwight Howard
7. Carmelo Anthony
8. Pau Gasol
9. Dirk Nowitzki
10. Tim Duncan

11. Deron Williams
12. Brandon Roy
13. Amare Stoudemire
14. Rajon Rondo
15. Steve Nash
16. Paul Pierce
17. Chris Bosh
18. Joe Johnson
19. Gerald Wallace
20. Kevin Garnett

What's the argument for Nowitzki over Duncan? And how could there be an eight spot gap between Nowitzki and Bosh?

I don't get the obsession with this guy. I know if you look at advanced stats, he comes off as looking great (so long as you ignore rebounding and defense), but let's get real here: He's a one dimensional player, who's never quite been elite of the elite in that one dimension (don't give me the, "he's lead the league in offensive win shares"...are you seriously going to tell me he's in the same class as Anthony, Durant, Bryant, James and Wade, as a scorer?). On top of that, he choked away a championship and followed it up the following season by being on the losing end of the biggest upset in league history, yet inexplicably his respect level amongst fans is through the roof.

BRHornet45
10-30-2010, 07:16 PM
1. LeBron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Kevin Durant
5. Chris Paul
6. Dwight Howard
7. Carmelo Anthony
8. Pau Gasol
9. Dirk Nowitzki
10. Tim Duncan

11. Deron Williams
12. Brandon Roy
13. Amare Stoudemire
14. Rajon Rondo
15. Steve Nash
16. Paul Pierce
17. Chris Bosh
18. Joe Johnson
19. Gerald Wallace
20. Kevin Garnett

son that is a very good list. I would only change a couple things ...

Duncan should be ahead of Dirk at #9

Nash should be in the top 10 and well ahead of Williams

HarlemHeat37
10-30-2010, 09:28 PM
Obviously it's tough to say..

1. Lebron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Dwight Howard
5. Kevin Durant
6. Chris Paul
7. Pau Gasol
8. Carmelo Anthony
9. Deron Williams
10. Dirk Nowitzki

Duncan isn't a top 10 player anymore..

Derrick Rose is easily in the top 20 at this point IMO..Westbrook is creeping up too..

Phillip
10-30-2010, 10:22 PM
What's the argument for Nowitzki over Duncan? And how could there be an eight spot gap between Nowitzki and Bosh?

I don't get the obsession with this guy. I know if you look at advanced stats, he comes off as looking great (so long as you ignore rebounding and defense), but let's get real here: He's a one dimensional player, who's never quite been elite of the elite in that one dimension (don't give me the, "he's lead the league in offensive win shares"...are you seriously going to tell me he's in the same class as Anthony, Durant, Bryant, James and Wade, as a scorer?). On top of that, he choked away a championship and followed it up the following season by being on the losing end of the biggest upset in league history, yet inexplicably his respect level amongst fans is through the roof.

you fucking idiot. you complain about Dirk being in a class with guys like Anthony and Durant and both of those guys (especially carmello) have proven themselves to be pretty mediocre to fucking shitty on defense too.

Phillip
10-30-2010, 10:24 PM
Obviously it's tough to say..

1. Lebron James
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Dwight Howard
5. Kevin Durant
6. Chris Paul
7. Pau Gasol
8. Carmelo Anthony
9. Deron Williams
10. Dirk Nowitzki

Duncan isn't a top 10 player anymore..

Derrick Rose is easily in the top 20 at this point IMO..Westbrook is creeping up too..

Duncan is definitely still top 10, but there is no way that Carmello or Deron should be ahead of Dirk. Dwight is WAY overrated on this list, and its more than arguable that Dirk > Pau.

Durant should definitely be top 4, putting Dwight above him is absolutely asinine.

mystargtr34
10-30-2010, 11:36 PM
Ive always been a Dirk > Pau guy... but i dont think you can continue to put Dirk ahead of Pau anymore... the only knock on him before he joined the Lakers is that he couldnt get it done in the playoffs... ever since he arrived in LA he has been pretty much consistently dominant expect for the 2008 Finals against the Celts. You can argue Kobe is the #1 option and all that but at the end of the day Pau has been at least equally as dominant/important as Kobe during that time period.. its more like 1a and 1b.

Im not sure the Lakers win both of those titles if you swap Dirk and Pau... your losing alot of offensive rebounding, interior defense post scoring and easy baskets.. i think you have to put Pau ahead of Dirk at this stage.

1. LeBron
2. Kobe
3. Wade
4. Howard
5. Durant
6. Gasol
7. Paul
8. Dirk
9. Carmelo
10. Brandon Roy

11. Deron Williams
12. Tim Duncan
13. Amare Stoudemire
14. Chris Bosh
15. Rajon Rondo
16. Steve Nash
17. Derrick Rose
18. Joe Johnson
19. Carlos Boozer
20. Paul Pierce

j-money24
10-31-2010, 12:04 AM
Kobe
LeBron
Wade
Durant
Howard
Gasol
Carmelo
Williams
Paul
Dirk

Tim Duncan
Chris Bosh
Brandon Roy
Rajon Rondo
Paul Pierce
Amare Stoudemire
Kevin Garnett
Joe Johnson
Steve Nash
Derrick Rose

LeHeat_Dynasty
10-31-2010, 06:39 AM
@mystargtr34- I dont think Pau is 1B to Kobe's 1A in terms of offensive production (considering their regular and playoff season averages), but in overall value? Yes, easily. Kobe gets the points, and creates opportunities for his teammates but Gasol equals it by his defense, rebounding and a sky high efficient offensive production.

And maybe its just me, I think Dwight is easily the 4th best player after Lebron, Wade and Kobe. I'd pick his defense and rebounding over Durant's scoring prowess.

I agree with Harlem, Duncan has fell off the top 10 list and my main reasoning is if we're basing his production against the other rising stars of the league, Duncan's just not meeting the expectations because of his noticeable decline.

Pelicans78
10-31-2010, 09:46 AM
Dirk is definitely top ten right now. He looks better than Duncan to me. Its still early in the season.

Ashy Larry
10-31-2010, 04:23 PM
the next ten are:

Odom
Artest
Barnes
Blake
Fisher
Bynum
Walton
Vujacic
Brown
Ebanks

TD 21
10-31-2010, 04:52 PM
you fucking idiot. you complain about Dirk being in a class with guys like Anthony and Durant and both of those guys (especially carmello) have proven themselves to be pretty mediocre to fucking shitty on defense too.

You fail to comprehend a simple point and have the audacity to call me a "fucking idiot"? You should be banned just for being so fucking stupid, you dumb shit.

I didn't call Anthony or Durant excellent defenders, I said the one dimension Nowitzki excels in (scoring), he's not even quite elite of the elite in, such as guys like Anthony and Durant. That's primarily why I put guys like that ahead of Nowitzki. Also, despite being SF's, they're in his class as rebounders and even though they're not exactly James, Wade, Nash, etc. when it comes to play making, they easily trump Nowitzki in that area, too.

La Mont
10-31-2010, 06:59 PM
quit making shitty threads

barring 5 players (lebron, wade, kobe, durant, dwright) who are sheer better than most rest, the following "top players" are not far divided and you have reasons to upthrust anyone of them into the 5 vacant seats of the top 10. players are roughly of the same caliber from the 6th place to the 20th i tell you.

HarlemHeat37
10-31-2010, 07:18 PM
Duncan is definitely still top 10, but there is no way that Carmello or Deron should be ahead of Dirk. Dwight is WAY overrated on this list, and its more than arguable that Dirk > Pau.

Durant should definitely be top 4, putting Dwight above him is absolutely asinine.

- Duncan is no longer consistent enough to be in the top 10..he's been worn down by the end of the season in the last 2 years, and you never know what kind of production you're going to get from him at either end at this point..

- I don't mind anybody putting Dirk ahead of Anthony or Williams, it's definitely arguable though, you can't say "no way"..

- It isn't asinine at all..Howard impacts the game in multiple ways..he's a 20 point scorer on great efficiency, he's the best defensive player and rebounder in the NBA by a decent margin..Durant impacts the game in one way, and once he's shut down, like the Lakers showed last year, he doesn't really do anything else at a high level(he's a pretty good rebounder, not a game changing rebounder though..average defender, horrible playmaker)..

Phillip
11-01-2010, 09:41 AM
You fail to comprehend a simple point and have the audacity to call me a "fucking idiot"? You should be banned just for being so fucking stupid, you dumb shit.

I didn't call Anthony or Durant excellent defenders, I said the one dimension Nowitzki excels in (scoring), he's not even quite elite of the elite in, such as guys like Anthony and Durant. That's primarily why I put guys like that ahead of Nowitzki. Also, despite being SF's, they're in his class as rebounders and even though they're not exactly James, Wade, Nash, etc. when it comes to play making, they easily trump Nowitzki in that area, too.

Maybe you need to do your research, before making an ignorant statement like these (then again, ignorant statements are the only things you tend to post around here :tu). Consider some numbers over the past couple years.

For one, Dirk has consistently put up higher %. Maybe his PPG arent quite as high, but he also takes less shots than them, but makes them at a higher clip. Quality over quantity. Dirk's TS% is also considerably higher than Carmello's, and in the same league as Durant's. Same for his eFG%. Then his offensive rating is considerably higher than Carmello's, while again, in the same league as Durant's. So your claim that he isn't in the same league as them offensively, is obviously unfounded by anything other than your usual dumbassery.

Next, I don't know where you get the moronic idea that they are in the same class of rebounder as Dirk. Dirk is considerably higher in his rebounding rate than both of them, especially on defensive rebounding. Not to mention his RPG has consistently been higher than both of them, while playing less minutes. Also do not forget how much Dirk steps up both his scoring and rebounding come playoff time, being in a very small class of people to average 25+ and 10+ for their whole careers in the playoffs, usually averaging around 11-12 RPG and spending more time playing inside than he does during the regular season. Again, another unfounded claim that they are in the same class of rebounder.

In terms of playmaking, they are all solid passers. Because of the system that Carmello plays in, his passing results in more assists than Durant or Dirk, but it doesnt make him any better of a playmaker for his teammates. All three are very capable passers and can go out and create offensive opportunities for their teammates at any time. None of them are in a category with Lebron, Wade, or Kobe, but none of them are in a category above each other either. If anything, Dirk is generally the most willing passer of the three, and many times even though his pass doesnt result in an assist, he draws a double team to create an open shot for someone, usually through swinging the ball around the perimeter.

Phillip
11-01-2010, 09:57 AM
- Duncan is no longer consistent enough to be in the top 10..he's been worn down by the end of the season in the last 2 years, and you never know what kind of production you're going to get from him at either end at this point..

- I don't mind anybody putting Dirk ahead of Anthony or Williams, it's definitely arguable though, you can't say "no way"..

- It isn't asinine at all..Howard impacts the game in multiple ways..he's a 20 point scorer on great efficiency, he's the best defensive player and rebounder in the NBA by a decent margin..Durant impacts the game in one way, and once he's shut down, like the Lakers showed last year, he doesn't really do anything else at a high level(he's a pretty good rebounder, not a game changing rebounder though..average defender, horrible playmaker)..

Dwight is a 20 point scorer off of offensive rebound putbacks, and simply being superior athletically to most centers. Notice how he couldn't even do shit against a mediocre defender in Pau Gasol in the Finals a couple years ago. I like Dwight, and think he's the best center in the league, but he's also become the most overrated player in the NBA as well. Dude has minimal post moves, cant shoot jumpers, cant shoot free throws, and is best defensively as a weak-side shotblocker.

When I classify "best players in the league", I look at them as who is the best options to build a team around as a single superstar. I think you could have much more success building a team around plenty of other guys like Durant, Dirk, CP3, and others than Howard. But that's just my opinion. Personally, I would rather have a solid (but balanced) center, with a superstar guard, than a superstar center (who can't create offensively), with a solid guard. Like I would rather have a duo of Chris Kaman and Kevin Durant than Dwight Howard and Vince Carter.