View Full Version : ole iss vs the newton

Cant_Be_Faded
10-30-2010, 05:33 PM
Ole Piss making it interesting.

14-14

Newton is gonna get 600 yards of offense at this rate

symple19
10-30-2010, 08:27 PM
the rest of the auburn offense won this game, as well as a serviceable effort by the Tiger defense. True freshman Dyer is a monster.

This is by far Newtons best passing performance

symple19
10-30-2010, 08:28 PM
Ole Piss making it interesting.

14-14

Newton is gonna get 600 yards of offense at this rate

CBF, how would you stack Newton up against VY?

symple19
10-30-2010, 08:29 PM
plus, the Auburn O-line is nasty. Best line i've seen on the plains since 04'

Cant_Be_Faded
10-30-2010, 08:55 PM
CBF, how would you stack Newton up against VY?

Recording Spurs game and watching horns so no chance to watch much after it was tied but I researched both of their stats up to last week.

Cam and VY's passing stats are eerily similiar. Near identical percentage and Cam on pace (as of last week) for same passing yards as VY's Junior year. However Cam had a ridiculous passing efficiency about 20 points higher than VY's.
Cam had already destroyed VY's running totals and running TD totals for junior years

Honestly VY did not have to run like Cam does for Texas to win games their respective junior years but Cam owning VY stat wise so far.

VY's whole junior year he held back running, you can see his sophomore year and junior year running totals were not that different. But it paid off as he was able to completely fool the world and USC by truly running it in the Rose Bowl.

If Cam has a weakness it's that he's showing every week how deadly he truly is running. VY was ridiculous but really did catch people off guard come January.

I think their running styles are as close as it gets. Only Robert Griffin III was comparably close and that was before knee surgery.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-30-2010, 09:04 PM
It's an interesting subject I will post some better updated stats later but essentially all Cam Newton has to do to prove himself undoubtedly better than VY is the bowl pedigree

dirk4mvp
10-31-2010, 10:03 PM
I was at the game but I don't remember most of it except for Cam Newton catching a TD.

Cam >> VY

symple19
11-01-2010, 04:13 PM
I was at the game but I don't remember most of it except for Cam Newton catching a TD.

Cam >> VY

lol, guess you had fun in the grove :toast

symple19
11-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Recording Spurs game and watching horns so no chance to watch much after it was tied but I researched both of their stats up to last week.

Cam and VY's passing stats are eerily similiar. Near identical percentage and Cam on pace (as of last week) for same passing yards as VY's Junior year. However Cam had a ridiculous passing efficiency about 20 points higher than VY's.
Cam had already destroyed VY's running totals and running TD totals for junior years

Honestly VY did not have to run like Cam does for Texas to win games their respective junior years but Cam owning VY stat wise so far.

VY's whole junior year he held back running, you can see his sophomore year and junior year running totals were not that different. But it paid off as he was able to completely fool the world and USC by truly running it in the Rose Bowl.

If Cam has a weakness it's that he's showing every week how deadly he truly is running. VY was ridiculous but really did catch people off guard come January.

I think their running styles are as close as it gets. Only Robert Griffin III was comparably close and that was before knee surgery.

Agreed, Newton has to beat Bama and then win the SEC and Natty championships to really be in the conversation with VY. Will be fun to see if he can

Cant_Be_Faded
11-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Cam is definitely doing what VY was doing, but I hvae to say VY had the advantage of a superior defense than what Auburn is fielding.

Either that or Auburn's defense just doesn't give a fuck cuz they know Cam can lead them to more points. But Auburn is giving up alot of points. That actually makes me think they are susceptible in a hypothetical bowl game against an Oregon or Boise St.

The fact of the matter is the BCS is more corrupt than ever, and Auburn (even if not going to the championship game) will probably make a BCS bowl and be matched up against a team from the big fucking ten. Which it will eat for fucking breakfast.

Best case scenario is Auburn vs Oregon for national title at this point IMO.

If Cam puts up those insane stats, and wills his team to victory in a BCS he is pretty much on par with VY and would probably have eclipsed him by now had he been starting at a sophomore.