PDA

View Full Version : No more Tony Parker hate threads?

SPARKY
05-22-2005, 07:02 PM
I'm shocked.

timvp
05-22-2005, 07:04 PM
Parker outplayed an MVP yet the Spurs fans don't care.

Interesting.

T Park
05-22-2005, 07:05 PM
No Brewski????

Nahhhh i wont hear of it.

mookie2001
05-22-2005, 07:05 PM
ok

unless he really plays bad

ducks
05-22-2005, 07:06 PM
timvp
tp has to play great 99.9 % to get credit
spur fans

Obstructed_View
05-22-2005, 07:08 PM
It's hard to criticize him when he shows up and plays well. I don't think anybody hates him any more than they hate Brent Barry. We all want them to do well, but what's wrong with pointing it out when they don't?

IceColdBrewski
05-22-2005, 07:20 PM
Parker did good considering his opponent can't play a lick of defense. That being said, he still did his best to get the suns back into the game with his shitty free throw shooting at the end.

SPARKY
05-22-2005, 07:21 PM
Hang it up, man. Hang it up.

stéphane
05-22-2005, 07:22 PM
It's hard to criticize him when he shows up and plays well. I don't think anybody hates him any more than they hate Brent Barry. We all want them to do well, but what's wrong with pointing it out when they don't?
nothing wrong about critisizing but some have to find their nuts to give props when the players deserve them.
F*** the haters that just freaks me out to see people lurking around and waiting for mistakes to throw their hate and then just disapear.

T Park
05-22-2005, 07:22 PM
Parker did good considering his opponent can't play a lick of defense

boy the sarcasm just drips.

It pains him to see parker do well you can just see it.

MadDog73
05-22-2005, 07:25 PM
Parker did good considering his opponent can't play a lick of defense. That being said, he still did his best to get the suns back into the game with his shitty free throw shooting at the end.

Some people are never happy. He missed that 2nd free throw on purpose to grab the rebound.... :angel

IceColdBrewski
05-22-2005, 07:25 PM
You seem to forget that I'm a Spurs fan T-Park. I love it when Parker does well. But I call em like I see em. Parker has mental lapses and doesn't play well as consistently as he should. Period. I'm sorry if the truth pisses you homers off that badly.

maxpower
05-22-2005, 07:27 PM

Interesting.

That might mean something if Parker didn't eat Nash's lunch for the most part.
Nash might be on a great streak but I don't know that you can say he was being guarded by top opposing guards.

Although the hate runs deep for this one, I think in general most even-minded Spurs fans expect Parker to resume what historically has been ownage of Nash.

Nash might be in a zone which allows him to get more points against Tony, but I think that MVP came with an asterisk*. :smokin

* defense not included

Obstructed_View
05-22-2005, 07:29 PM
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm excited as can be that Parker played well, and not just because I bet 200 of my last 275 bucks on him being the leading scorer in this game. I've said in other threads that he didn't have as good a game as he could have, and his confidence should be sky high. I'm ready to see him go off. He's got to be here in this series, because the Spurs are a different team when he's producing.

MadDog73
05-22-2005, 07:30 PM
let's see if parker plays like himself on tuesday and follow up a great game with a weak one

What!?! Aren't you the one who started the Spurs Sweep thread?

Tek_XX
05-22-2005, 07:31 PM
I didn't see the game, but did parker outplay him, looks like they have the same number of points

Obstructed_View
05-22-2005, 07:32 PM
let's see if parker plays like himself on tuesday and follow up a great game with a weak one
I won't be a moron and tell you to believe, but admit that you have at least a little hope. He's too good to go into a funk forever, just like Barry. This game was rather encouraging, you have to admit.

samikeyp
05-22-2005, 07:33 PM
Don't know about all Spurs fans but I was happy as hell to see TP kick ass. Needs to keep it going.

T Park
05-22-2005, 07:33 PM
You seem to forget that I'm a Spurs fan T-Park

with the way you rip the players???

Yeah I do forget it.

1Parker1
05-22-2005, 07:35 PM
"But I call em like I see em"

If that's true then you could have simply stated in your response that Parker had a good game instead of pointing out the fact that he was "playing against someone who doesn't play a lick of D and that he missed some FT's at the end."

Fact is no one on the Suns plays D, with maybe Marion being the exception, so are you trying to say ALL the spurs should have torched the Suns for 29 points?

We know Parker isn't the model of consistency, that he still has room for growth and improvement. The problem is, certain "spurs" fans like yourself seem to always magnify when the guy has a bad game, and make up excuses when he has a good game. He isn't as inconsistent as you make him out to be.

samikeyp
05-22-2005, 07:36 PM
To Believe is not moronic...it is what true fans do.

ShoogarBear
05-22-2005, 07:38 PM
But . . . but . . . Nash is the MVP.

(When he went from Phoenix to Dallas, he made two teams better.)

Obstructed_View
05-22-2005, 07:40 PM
I didn't see the game, but did parker outplay him, looks like they have the same number of points
Comparing stats, Parker didn't outplay him, but Parker made his points within the flow of the game while Nash spent a lot of time spinning and falling away and looking for someone to pass to. Parker had a relatively quiet game and just took what he was given. Considering that the Mavericks said that they'd let Nash score 50 to win, and the Spurs held him to 30 is a pretty good omen. Nash got a lot of assists but Amare hit a lot of 18 foot jump shots, which I'm sure the Spurs will let him take all day long.

timvp
05-22-2005, 07:49 PM

Let's ignore Manu choking at the line when the Spurs were done and desperate for points. He missed both when the Spurs really needed it.

But we'll ignore that so you can keep up with your anti-Parker stance.

Okay?

Obstructed_View
05-22-2005, 07:53 PM
To Believe is not moronic...it is what true fans do.
No, it's what cult members do. If you are refering to the origin of the word "fan" which is "fanatic" then you are correct. If you are referring to the modern definition of the word, then no. "True fans" is subjective, but to me true fans always root for their team, win or lose. But believing that a team is going to win no matter what doesn't make you a better fan than someone who doubts that they can do it but roots anyway. I've always hoped that the Spurs would do well, and I've always been happy when they've done well, and I've always been sad when they haven't, but I've never "believed". Well, at least not since '95. :)

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-22-2005, 07:57 PM

Well, to be fair Nash had 13 assists to Parker's 2.

BUT, he matched him points wise, and in the overall scheme of things Tony's contribution was close enough to what Nash did, and that's the key IMO.

BTW, I think this thread is a little ironic being started by the guy who was riding JKidd's nuts last year.

1Parker1
05-22-2005, 08:00 PM

BUT, he matched him points wise, and in the overall scheme of things Tony's contribution was close enough to what Nash did, and that's the key IMO.

BTW, I think this thread is a little ironic being started by the guy who was riding JKidd's nuts last year.

Yes, but Tony had more rebounds (7) and steals (2). Spurs moved the ball around really well, which helped us win and also why Tony didn't have that many assists. He was really looking to score today.

Hopefully he keeps it up!

T Park
05-22-2005, 08:02 PM
Let's ignore Manu choking at the line when the Spurs were done and desperate for points

damn.....

awaits the country of argentina to declare war on the Ellis household.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2005, 08:05 PM
Yes, but Tony had more rebounds (7) and steals (2). Spurs moved the ball around really well, which helped us win and also why Tony didn't have that many assists. He was really looking to score today.

Hopefully he keeps it up!

Absolutely. Tony quietly got his numbers within the flow of the game. He didn't force anything and was very active. He didn't push the ball much and didn't penetrate much, which is another dimension of his game that opens up when he plays with confidence.

SPARKY
05-22-2005, 08:06 PM
I think it's more ironic to see the same poster who claimed that Parker was an "offensive liability" cast aspersions at anyone else...

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Well, my point did remain valid today when Tony was bricking FTs in the fourth.

If he wouldn't have gotten that rebound Phoenix was one shot away from a one possession game with about 20 seconds left.

SPARKY
05-22-2005, 08:13 PM
If if if if if if

ShoogarBear
05-22-2005, 08:15 PM
Don't worry. The hate will be back the next bad game he has.

T Park
05-22-2005, 08:16 PM
Im sure it will be.

The first one to post it???

The "Non" Spurs hating Brewski.

IceColdBrewski
05-22-2005, 08:32 PM
Wow T-Park. I new you were #1 in the Brewski haters fan club. But I had no idea that you were this obsessed with me. :lol

Brodels
05-22-2005, 09:13 PM
It was nice to see him hit some perimeter shots. He even hit a three. That's what's keeping him from being an upper-echelon kind of player. He finishes at the rim as well as anyone his size, and his playmaking and defense have improved.

If he can hit his outside jumper as much as he did today, the Spurs will be so much more difficult to beat. He has a history of being up and down in the playoffs, but today was a great start to the series. Hopefully it will continue.

SPARKY
05-22-2005, 09:15 PM
Only one game has passed in this series but it looks like the Coach of the Year is being exposed.

T Park
05-22-2005, 09:17 PM
But I had no idea that you were this obsessed with me.
dont flatter yourself skippy.....

Brodels
05-22-2005, 09:22 PM
Only one game has passed in this series but it looks like the Coach of the Year is being exposed.

I think it's less about him being exposed and more about him being forced into a box. He's coaching the team to play a certain way, and the way they are playing is probably the only way that they can be successful. Their personnel isn't capable of playing a traditional playoff style. It may be finally catching up to them. But I don't know that this loss in on their coach. He's doing what he has to do to allow them to compete, and he's doing it the only way it can be done.

jcrod
05-22-2005, 09:38 PM

It's hard to agree with you when they only do it to Parker. When someone else has a bad game (Manu, TD). People make excuses for them, but bash TP when he does. I don't know why, there seems to be a deep hidden dislike for him.

IceColdBrewski
05-22-2005, 09:38 PM
dont flatter yourself skippy.....

Don't have to. Not a week goes by without you talking about me. Everytime Parker has a decent game, you make it a point to come in here and talk about me. :lol

MI21
05-22-2005, 09:43 PM
Typical response from someone that has very little intelligent matter to reply with.

"Wow, you are obsessed with me"

"You are in the "(insert name of fuckhead)" fan club aren't you!"

Worst. Poster. Ever.

jcrod
05-22-2005, 09:44 PM

Why do people keep harping on the assists. This system doesn't rely on the PG to give tons of assists. He gives passes the ball to the person who gets the assist. Pop has said it many of times, people who look at statistics don't watch the game!!!!!!!!!

jcrod
05-22-2005, 09:47 PM
Let's ignore Manu choking at the line when the Spurs were done and desperate for points. He missed both when the Spurs really needed it.

But we'll ignore that so you can keep up with your anti-Parker stance.

Okay?

Yes and he missed 1-2 down the streatch and four total again today (9-13), but will never hear it. Why, the hate, he's on our team. Name me two players at this point who you would rather have instead of TP, jus two!!!

IceColdBrewski
05-22-2005, 09:49 PM
Typical response from someone that has very little intelligent matter to reply with.

Funny. I was thinking the same thing about your. "Worst.Post.Ever." Bullshit. :rolleyes

What exactly do you expect me to say? It's the truth. Dude is talking about me constantly.

MI21
05-22-2005, 09:57 PM
Funny. I was thinking the same thing about your. "Worst.Post.Ever." Bullshit. :rolleyes

What exactly do you expect me to say? It's the truth. Dude is talking about me constantly.

I said "Worst. Poster. Ever." Not "Worst. Post. Ever." Though somewhere along the lines you would own that title too, I'm sure.

He isn't talking about you constantly. Because of your consistent bullshit postings about Parker whenever he plays bad, you are relevant to any discussion to Parker, much like Whottt is with Brent Barry discussions. When Parker is playing well you never seem to be around to give him some credit for strong performances which means you just hate, and TPark calls you out on this. That isn't constantly talking about you, iit's called particapating in a discussion forum. Fuck, is it that hard to comprehend.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2005, 10:14 PM
It's hard to agree with you when they only do it to Parker. When someone else has a bad game (Manu, TD). People make excuses for them, but bash TP when he does. I don't know why, there seems to be a deep hidden dislike for him.
It's hard to agree with me because other people only bash Tony Parker? I'm not quite sure how I'm responsible for what other people post.

TDMVPDPOY
05-22-2005, 10:14 PM
parker got his numbers in game 1, but against steve nash u dont allow a scrub like nash to score 28 on you, i dont care what parker does i still hate the clown, its only 1 game, untill this series is over we can make judgement.

1Parker1
05-22-2005, 10:17 PM
Well, my point did remain valid today when Tony was bricking FTs in the fourth.

If he wouldn't have gotten that rebound Phoenix was one shot away from a one possession game with about 20 seconds left.

Actually, I thought that he missed that FT on purpose. I thought I saw Pop or Duncan telling him something before he took that FT. I assumed he missed it on purpose so he could grab the rebound himself and give Spurs possession to run down the clock.

2centsworth
05-22-2005, 10:24 PM
Parker has come of age even before game 1 of the wcf. If you don't see it, and then you're blind or don't know basketball.

smeagol
05-22-2005, 10:27 PM
damn.....

awaits the country of argentina to declare war on the Ellis household.
Posts such as this one are the reason some people in here treat you as an idiot.

I agree with the poster who said your takes on the Spurs TV show are way better than the crap you regularly post here.

timvp is right. Manu "choked" by missing 4 FTs. He looked tired. All the FTs he missed, plus a couple that went in, hit the front part of the rim. It looked like he had lost his strength.

BY the way, its clear that there is nothing TP can do that will make brewski give him a unconditional props. So why do people bother arguing with him?

samikeyp
05-22-2005, 10:39 PM
but to me true fans always root for their team, win or lose.

that was my point. I am not saying I believe that the Spurs will go 82-0 then 16-0 in the playoffs every year but I believe that the Spurs have an excellent shot to win the title. Whether they are in the lottery or the NBA finals, my loyalty never wanes. Are they going to win every game the rest of the way? My guess is no, but I do believe that they will have a chance to win every game they play in. If believing that the Spurs have a good chance to win the title makes me a cult member...that's your opinion, its wrong but you are entitled.

T Park
05-22-2005, 10:42 PM
Posts such as this one are the reason some people in here treat you as an idiot.

I agree with the poster who said your takes on the Spurs TV show are way better than the crap you regularly post here.

lol i couldnt give two rat fucks what you think.

I had the same takes on that show, that I have in here, you just dont choose to see that.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2005, 10:47 PM
that was my point. I am not saying I believe that the Spurs will go 82-0 then 16-0 in the playoffs every year but I believe that the Spurs have an excellent shot to win the title. Whether they are in the lottery or the NBA finals, my loyalty never wanes. Are they going to win every game the rest of the way? My guess is no, but I do believe that they will have a chance to win every game they play in. If believing that the Spurs have a good chance to win the title makes me a cult member...that's your opinion, its wrong but you are entitled.
Loyalty, optimism and belief to me are different things, but I don't want to split hairs, because I understand what you are saying. You and I are very alike in our loyalty to the team, and it's just some small amount of semantics that separates us. Personally, it annoys me that if someone points out that so and so is having a rotten game, someone comes back and says "believe" like it means something without otherwise adding anything to the conversation, which is why I said what I said. It wasn't intended as a swipe to anyone that doesn't do that.

stéphane
05-22-2005, 10:51 PM
I had the same takes on that show, that I have in here, you just dont choose to see that.
Actually there is a difference.
The vocabulary you use is quite different. When your takes are more formal they have a quite different impact. When you write on the board, "sometimes" you cuss and bash posters and that makes your takes less interesting. That's sometimes a shame cause you were really good at the round table.

samikeyp
05-22-2005, 10:57 PM
I think Timvp's point with Believe is to have faith in the ability of the team to obtain the ultimate goal. Just a theory.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2005, 11:32 PM
I think Timvp's point with Believe is to have faith in the ability of the team to obtain the ultimate goal. Just a theory.
I can see that, but that only works when your team happens to be the best team in the league, as ours happens to be. I believe in their ability, but as proven last year, they have to do more than just show up, so I say "They need to do more than just show up". It doesn't mean I want them to lose.

I believe that if they play to their potential they won't lose, but I did last year as well, and other years that I think they "should" have won. They didn't play to their potential and they lost, but I still rooted for them.

There are years that the Spurs wern't the best team, unlike this year, and I still rooted for them.

There are years that I believed that the Spurs were not good enough to win because they were not the best team, but I still rooted for them.

There are years that I knew absolutely that they had no chance whatsoever, but I still rooted for them.

That's why I have sort of a problem with believe, because it implies that if you don't believe that the team can win, then you aren't a good fan, while I think a good fan roots for a team that has no chance to win, even if he knows that, because they are his team. Saying "man, our team sucks, but they're still our team." isn't a sin in my opinion.

I've stepped on WAY too many toes with this, and that was not my intent. So please consider this a blanket apology to those I offended, because I don't want to keep having this conversation.

For future reference, If I post up and say "Man, Bruce Bowen sucked tonight. He needs to shoot when he's open" and someone replies with a one-word post in bold text I'm going to roll my eyes, but I'll keep it to myself.

samikeyp
05-22-2005, 11:35 PM
That's why I have sort of a problem with believe, because it implies that if you don't believe that the team can win, then you aren't a good fan,

I disagree....I think it implies what I said earlier about having faith in the team. Guess its a matter of interpretation.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2005, 11:40 PM
I disagree....I think it implies what I said earlier about having faith in the team. Guess its a matter of interpretation.
I guess so. My apology still applies. If we were talking in person I think we'd probably decide that we are more similar than different. It's funny how we on this board manage to disagree on such small things, considering we are all here because we are so similar in the first place.