PDA

View Full Version : Proud of my Spurs!

TwoHandJam
05-22-2005, 07:10 PM
Well, I gotta say that I'm really proud of these guys. They're beaten down and dinged up but they strolled into America West and took care of business on the road like a true champion.

After being thoroughly disgusted with them after the last loss to the Sonics where they played scared and got pushed around, I'm very glad that they nutted up and got it done here in game one. Erasing HCA is huge.

After playing two of the most physical teams in the playoffs, it's so nice to play the Suns where you know they aren't going to flagrant foul and push you around. I don't have to watch Tim get beat up down low every game and worry about Manu and Parker getting their heads taken off when they drive.

Hell, Tim might actually get somewhat healthy during this series and the Suns' lack of defense is stoking Barry's and Parker's confidence back.

It was also nice to see Manu hit that halfcourt shot at the halftime buzzer. It seems we've been the victim of those kinds of shots more than any other team all year.

Good times. :hat

TOP-CHERRY
05-22-2005, 07:22 PM
Very nicely said.

I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I think Timmy woke up after falling in Seattle with his left ankle, and hearing all those cheers... I honestly think that woke up the monster in him. Made him realize he had to carry his team out of being embarassed.

timvp
05-22-2005, 07:24 PM
Did Walton watch the game?

Tell him his old foe wants him to check in and give his take.

Thanks.

:smokin

bigbendbruisebrother
05-22-2005, 07:41 PM
I had some worries about this game. We were banged up, missing our backup small forwards, and our starting point guard and backup shooting guard were not exactly lighting it up.

Watching that game though, you see the toughness that the first two rounds has beaten into the Spurs. They really need to focus and make sure there is no letup in game two.

TwoHandJam
05-22-2005, 07:43 PM
Did Walton watch the game?

Tell him his old foe wants him to check in and give his take.

Thanks.

:smokinYeah, he watched it and gloated at the end of it too. :lol He takes losses real hard sometimes but he bleeds black and silver so wild horses couldn't stop him from watching a playoff game.

I took that Sonics loss real hard because I felt the team played scared and that's one thing I simply cannot stand, but I'm actually surprised he took it as hard as he did. When you've watched Strickland throw the ball into the stands, or the Dream put the moves on us, or Utah punk us year after year, or the nightmare that was 2001, you think you'd grow a thicker skin.

I think what was tough to take about that loss was the fact that it was to a lesser team that had talked tons of shit about us. We had already lost a game so we were really expecting payback and to get punked like that was tough.

Anyhow, he's slowly coming back from the brink. :hat

Obstructed_View
05-22-2005, 07:46 PM
Well, I gotta say that I'm really proud of these guys. They're beaten down and dinged up but they strolled into America West and took care of business on the road like a true champion.

After being thoroughly disgusted with them after the last loss to the Sonics where they played scared and got pushed around, I'm very glad that they nutted up and got it done here in game one. Erasing HCA is huge.

After playing two of the most physical teams in the playoffs, it's so nice to play the Suns where you know they aren't going to flagrant foul and push you around. I don't have to watch Tim get beat up down low every game and worry about Manu and Parker getting their heads taken off when they drive.

Hell, Tim might actually get somewhat healthy during this series and the Suns' lack of defense is stoking Barry's and Parker's confidence back.

It was also nice to see Manu hit that halfcourt shot at the halftime buzzer. It seems we've been the victim of those kinds of shots more than any other team all year.

Good times. :hat

Well put. I'm enjoying this one so much, I'm watching the game again. Spurs up by 2 a couple of minutes into the third. Offensive foul on Tim? You're insane, Joey! :)

timvp
05-22-2005, 07:47 PM
Yeah, he watched it and gloated at the end of it too. :lol He takes losses real hard sometimes but he bleeds black and silver so wild horses couldn't stop him from watching a playoff game.

I took that Sonics loss real hard because I felt the team played scared and that's one thing I simply cannot stand, but I'm actually surprised he took it as hard as he did. When you've watched Strickland throw the ball into the stands, or the Dream put the moves on us, or Utah punk us year after year, or the nightmare that was 2001, you think you'd grow a thicker skin.

I think what was tough to take about that loss was the fact that it was to a lesser team that had talked tons of shit about us. We had already lost a game so we were really expecting payback and to get punked like that was tough.

Anyhow, he's slowly coming back from the brink. :hat

Cool.

Tell him that timvp says to get back here.

:hat

Dre_7
05-22-2005, 07:51 PM
I told ya'll that playing Denver and Seattle was gonna make the Spurs stronger for the WCF's! PLaying 2 very physical teams and then playing a "non-physical" team is really a blessing for SA, IMO. They had to work hard to against Denver and Seattle, it made them stronger! Like "steel sharpening steel"

Brodels
05-22-2005, 07:54 PM
Good win. The Spurs really played a great fourth quarter, and after years of seeing them struggle at the end of games, it was nice. The offense was about as good as it's ever going to be. Phoenix will give them plenty of opportunities to score.

The defense was solid, but there is still room for improvement.

It's still going to be a long series. But if the Spurs play like they did today in every game, they'll win the series.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

ShoogarBear
05-22-2005, 07:55 PM
Cool.

Tell him that timvp says to get back here.

:hat
Yeah, we promise not to give him any shit.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

maxpower
05-22-2005, 07:57 PM
I had a good feeling about this game. Not so much because I felt the Spurs would win, but because I was anxious to see what their defense would do to a team that had yet to be challenged by a solid defensive team. You could see by the stretches of defense the mavericks played that phoenix's offense was susceptible. Amare lives and dies by Nash..and with the way Parker has historically played Nash... Suffice to say I was not overly worried.

I also welcomed the Spurs playing on the road. This placed all the pressure on a Phoenix team that outside of Nash is relatively free of big playoff series. Add to this Nash's age and downshift towards the end of the season(and that was with a Dallas team that did not run as much as Phoenix did), his output in the past couple games and you can say he is on the verge of being overexerted.

I welcome the quick turnaround with the first two games in quick succession. This works in the Spurs favor. Then the layoff and return to the friendly confines of the SBC also work in favor of the Spurs.