PDA

View Full Version : Dick Bavetta, you need to retire.

TJastal
10-31-2010, 02:44 AM
Sorry this isn't spurs related, but I thought some might find it interesting.
In the rox-nugget game last night, supposed "veteran crew chief" Bavetta misses a 3 step travel committed right in front of his nose.

Rox were leading 27-24, when it happened. To add insult to injury Harrington gets a freebie on top of that for a 3pt play. Huge momentum swing right there for the nuggets, who go on to win the game.

Thing is, I have seen these fucking pathetic loser refs calling travels all year long on much more questionable moves and here they completely miss an obvious one.

If anyone's curious (and has the game taped) goto 11:40 in the 2nd quarter and watch how many fucking steps Harrington takes before putting down a dribble.

For those that don't have a tape, I'll explain what he did. He catches on the top of the perimeter, takes a step with his left (as if he is going to drive left), switches direction and takes another step to drive right (which is already technically a travel), ... wait .. he's not done... he switches direction a freaking 3rd time and takes YET ANOTHER STEP BACK TO THE LEFT AND FINALLY PUTS DOWN A FUCKING DRIBBLE.

All right in front of one of the (supposedly) best refs, Dick Bavetta (his bald fucking chrome-dome gave him away).. literally standing 6 feet away! A preschooler could have made that call!

It was absolutely disgusting to watch this shit, and I'm glad I'm damn glad I didn't blow $160 on a league pass to watch this garbage.

AussieFanKurt
10-31-2010, 03:13 AM
Dick Bavetta reffed that infamous 2002 series thus I hate him

TJastal
10-31-2010, 03:51 AM
Wait, there's more...

At 3:27 in the 2nd Bavetta actually outdid himself. Rockets had a fast break, Lowery dropped a pass to Scola took 3 steps (coming to a complete stop) and barely nudged Nene who subsequently flew backward like he'd been hit by a train. One of the worst flops I have ever seen. Bavetta was right there in perfect position to see the obvious floppage, so what does he do? Calls a charge on Lowery and negates Scola's basket.

Rockets announcers Matt Bullard and Bill Worrel:

Worrel: Lowery called for a foul. As they

Bullard: Well that is unfortunate right there.. Kyle Lowery dishes off to Scola, and Nene falls down, lets take a look at the replay... as they're coming in yup he did run right through Nene, and, a dangerous collision...

Worrel: Ohhh... he stopped!

Bullard: Oh, hey he did.

Worrel: He stopped!

Bullard: Is it time for the first Oscar meter?

Worrel: I think its time for the 1st Oscar meter, what do u give him?

Bullard: I'm giving him an 8.

Worrel: Alright. I'm giving him a 9 on that one.

Bullard: Oscar meter comes out on the home opener....

CROFL @ Bavetta, still can't distinguish a flop from a charge, what a tool.

noob cake
10-31-2010, 03:57 AM
Wait, there's more...

At 3:27 in the 2nd Bavetta actually outdid himself. Rockets had a fast break, Lowery dropped a pass to Scola took 3 steps (coming to a complete stop) and barely nudged Nene who subsequently flew backward like he'd been hit by a train. One of the worst flops I have ever seen. Bavetta was right there in perfect position to see the obvious floppage, so what does he do? Calls a charge on Lowery and negates Scola's basket.

Rockets announcers Matt Bullard and Bill Worrel:

Worrel: Lowery called for a foul. As they

Bullard: Well that is unfortunate right there.. Kyle Lowery dishes off to Scola, and Nene falls down, lets take a look at the replay... as they're coming in yup he did run right through Nene, and, a dangerous collision...

Worrel: Ohhh... he stopped!

Bullard: Oh, hey he did.

Worrel: He stopped!

Bullard: Is it time for the first Oscar meter?

Worrel: I think its time for the 1st Oscar meter, what do u give him?

Bullard: I'm giving him an 8.

Worrel: Alright. I'm giving him a 9 on that one.

Bullard: Oscar meter comes out on the home opener....

CROFL @ Bavetta, still can't distinguish a flop from a charge, what a tool.

Kyle LOWRY NOT LOWERY

TJastal
10-31-2010, 04:10 AM
Kyle LOWRY NOT LOWERY

Lowry, lowry, lowry, lowry, lowry... happy now noobcake?

I just got to the sequence you mentioned (in the nba forum thread) with Lowry getting 4 stitches from Anthony, and I agree, how the hell is that not a foul?????? He got fucking steamrolled.

Rox announcers Bill Worrel and Matt Bullard:

Worrel: And here come the rockets, Lowry on the run.. Woahh!! And Lowry is just... he is blown up..

Bullard: Yah, he is... .slow gettin' up. But after the block Carmelo came down right on Kyle Lowery. Kyle Lowery sayin' hey man look this has gotta be a foul.

Worrel: There's blood comin out of his head!

Bullard: You know it was a clean block up high, but you gotta look at the body down low. (shows replay) Take a look down low.

Worrel: Oh, man (gasping) That's not a foul?

Bullard: Hit his head, on the floor, as Carmelo was crushing him to the ground. That's gotta be, I mean .. that.. that's not a foul??

Worrel: His back must be in pretty good shape.

Bullard: Yah, must be fine, but he gotta go some, he took a shot and either hit his head on the ground, or it was Carmelo's elbow that hit him, .. but referees just MISSED that...

Worrel: MISSED it?

Bullard: ya know how i was sayin earlier i wanted to see more physical play in the nba? .. but that right there, that's a FOUL.

TJastal
10-31-2010, 04:14 AM
I am starting to suspect the nba (read: Stern and his crooked lackeys like Bavetta) really feel the rockets are a threat to their planned laker 3-peat.

fantasyfootball
10-31-2010, 04:46 AM
You must be new to the NBA. What you're describing is some of Bavetta's better officiating.

TJastal
10-31-2010, 04:47 AM
I am starting to suspect the nba (read: Stern and his crooked lackeys like Bavetta) really feel the rockets are a threat to their planned laker 3-peat.

Actually I have to correct myself here, it's probably more likely their planned heat vs laker finals, which is has been Stern's wet dream (a Kobe vs Lebron finals matchup) for years.

TJastal
10-31-2010, 04:52 AM
You must be new to the NBA. What you're describing is some of Bavetta's better officiating.

How the hell did this guy become a crew chief I wonder?? Oh ya, David Stern runs the nba, almost forgot about that.

Leonard Curse
10-31-2010, 05:08 AM

now your talking!! watch out if your not part of the herd youll get trampled! its so damn obvious, hopefully L.A isnt in their plans but if theirs a lockout glooming i forsee a big market finals with this money hungry piece of shit. why must he be so greedy!?!?!?!

fantasyfootball
10-31-2010, 05:09 AM
How the hell did this guy become a crew chief I wonder?? Oh ya, David Stern runs the nba, almost forgot about that.

I know your frustration. When I completely bought into the NBA, I was always dumbfounded at all of these unbelievable calls during playoff games. How the players (Spurs and non-Spurs alike) would remain somewhat calm while Bavetta and other refs just made shit up is beyond me.

I don't think Bavetta or any other ref actually pulls for any team, but my thinking is Stern has embedded in them how to control games and try to keep them close. I would assume Bavetta is the highest ranking puppet given his experience.

Just thinking rationally, if Stern actually cared about officiating quality/"Q-scores" or whatever they call the grade, how would Bavetta or some of the others even be around? You'd think if some refs were just old men out there dying for attention and making horrible calls the NBA would cut them loose or at least not have them star in pivotal playoff games but the reality is Bavetta will be right there in the finals again.

Leonard Curse
10-31-2010, 05:13 AM
thats why we as fans can actually do something about it more so than the players!!!! we protest afterall we write their checks!! we stop watching joey crawford games and bavetta believe me that ugly man who happens to be jewish will fold!! and believe me its not just the spurs getting screwed so theirs legs to this

Leonard Curse
10-31-2010, 05:14 AM
wow im intoxicated sorry about that

TJastal
10-31-2010, 05:43 AM
wow im intoxicated sorry about that

Don't apologize, your words ring true. Stern is just a greedy pig and deserves no respect. He is the architect of what we see now, which is pretty much a league of corruption and deceit, which resembles the WWF more than it does actual basketball.

At least the WWF doesn't masquerade around like its real and legit, they make no bones about it that it's totally scripted & fake.

AussieFanKurt
10-31-2010, 06:21 AM
Tjastal. I agree with you 100%. The league I follow in Australia is among the most attended sports in the world and is a very very very wealthy league but doesn't require corruption or anything. Games are not rigged. Umpires are all good. Its perfect. NBA is good for entertainment and I wish they would improve it because sport can be an excellent entertaining spectacle without changing every rule and rigging games. NBA is not sport, its entertainment and that saddens me

ALVAREZ6
10-31-2010, 05:10 PM
I've hated Bavetta for years. And Joey Crawford. And a few other terrible, terrible refs.
Fuck them

ohmwrecker
10-31-2010, 09:32 PM

And they are putting this plan into action in the first week of the season? :rolleyes

ChumpDumper
10-31-2010, 09:44 PM
And they are putting this plan into action in the first week of the season? :rolleyesForget it. He's rolling.

pawe
10-31-2010, 11:22 PM
Me, I will enjoy these few remaining yrs of Tim Duncan in the league and not worry bout conspiracies.
And yes, the old fart referee should just retire, he cant even beat Barkley in a footrace anymore.

AussieFanKurt
10-31-2010, 11:27 PM

Stern is a Knicks fan I think

Indazone
11-01-2010, 04:58 AM
And then fans complain when they get competent substitute refs from the college ranks for screwing up the flow of the game. But for my dollar, I"d rather have the zebra's calling everything. Send em all to the stripe!

TJastal
11-01-2010, 05:57 AM
And then fans complain when they get competent substitute refs from the college ranks for screwing up the flow of the game. But for my dollar, I"d rather have the zebra's calling everything. Send em all to the stripe!

When they had the replacement refs come in a few years back the nba saw its first unbiased stint of officiating in over 15-20 years. And to be quite honest they weren't all that much worse than Bavetta & co and by the end of their short tenure that year they had already made remarkable improvement, I would lay $$$$ by the end of that year they would have been nearly as good as the "regulars".

And I agree, I'll take unbiased officials over a crew of crooked assholes even if they are lower quality any day of the week.