PDA

View Full Version : Pau Gasol or Dirk Nowitzki?

MavFan6488
10-31-2010, 07:37 AM
discuss. i'm voting for dirk of course. to me, it's not even close. don't get me wrong, gasol is a very good player, but he has KOBE on his team, arguably the best player in the world. he has the best coach in the world. dirk has caron butler (josh howard v2) and rick carlisle, kinda unfair..

i just don't see why people say gasol > dirk nowadays, just because he won 2 'chips as a kobe side kick?

LeHeat_Dynasty
10-31-2010, 07:54 AM
Both possess a high basketball IQ, can run the floor pretty well and knows how to punish the defense when teams come off to double them. Dirk has more range therefore he's the better offensive player, Gasol is the better defender and is a much fluid player down low.

Dirk has always been a 1st option talent while Gasol IMO is the perfect second option to a demanding perimeter player. I don't think Nowitzki and Kobe would have the same amount of success together, and while we're at it, I also don't believe Gasol can ever lead Dallas to a 60 win season and reach the Finals as its main focal point of offense.

So who do I pick? I'd choose Dirk if I want a franchise player and I'd take Gasol if I want to supplement my Superstar with a legitimate second option.

monosylab1k
10-31-2010, 08:23 AM
die

La Mont
10-31-2010, 08:38 AM
dirk gets my vote if its a election of who is softer.

21_Blessings
10-31-2010, 08:54 AM
lol 5-0 Gasol.

I gave Dirk a pity vote.

Muser
10-31-2010, 08:56 AM
Dirk.

Koolaid_Man
10-31-2010, 09:38 AM
Both possess a high basketball IQ, can run the floor pretty well and knows how to punish the defense when teams come off to double them. Dirk has more range therefore he's the better offensive player, Gasol is the better defender and is a much fluid player down low.

Dirk has always been a 1st option talent while Gasol IMO is the perfect second option to a demanding perimeter player. I don't think Nowitzki and Kobe would have the same amount of success together, and while we're at it, I also don't believe Gasol can ever lead Dallas to a 60 win season and reach the Finals as its main focal point of offense.

So who do I pick? I'd choose Dirk if I want a franchise player and I'd take Gasol if I want to supplement my Superstar with a legitimate second option.

flawed analysis...you have zero basis for saying Dirk has a high BBall IQ other than the fact he's German and 7 ft tall...there's nothing special about the run and gun offense in which Dallas operate. Gasol on the other-hand plays in the TRI and we all know the intricacies of learning the TRI...so we can safely surmise that the high IQ portion for Gasol is accurate.

more of your flawed analysis...Dirk is better offensively because he has more range...and yet he's never been able to use that range ( when it counts) to his teams advantage. The truth is that Gasol is the better offensive and defensive player. Dirk has 3 point range but Gasol is the better low-post and all around offensive player..Gasol is ambidextrous..he can go with either hand and has an array of moves...Dirk is basically a one trick pony...

more more more more of your flawed analysis....

Dirk has always been a 1st option talent while Gasol IMO is the perfect second option to a demanding perimeter player.

Gasol was 1st option prior to 08 and the only difference in teams success was overall talent. Dirk has always had a much better supporting cast while Gasol was in Memphis...The real problem in Dallas is that Dirk is masquerading as a 1st option player when he's really not. Dirk would have way more success if he played second banana much like Gasol is right now...however, I don't think Kobe-Dirk combo would be effective as Kobe-Gasol simply because Dirk is way more of a Pussy than Gasol ever was or will be. Dirk is a bitch and I don't say that lightly and I'm not being biased...he would completely fold against KG, Perk, Shaq, Dwight, or any other big man...Gasol has proven that he can hold his own...

Gasol all day and tomorrow over Dirk....now that's real talk...LeHeat...:lol

BUMP
10-31-2010, 09:44 AM
lol 5-0 Gasol.

I gave Dirk a pity vote.

Agreed. He did lead the Lakers to back to back championships.

mavsfan1000
10-31-2010, 09:46 AM
Dirk easily. He carries his team. Lakers are loaded with talent. Makes Gasol's job much easier.

ohmwrecker
10-31-2010, 10:25 AM
i just don't see why people say gasol > dirk nowadays, just because he won 2 'chips as a kobe side kick?

Kobe is Pau's sidekick.

BlackSwordsMan
10-31-2010, 10:26 AM
Dirk obviously. Stop being a silly goose.

Giuseppe
10-31-2010, 10:27 AM
Well, if you pick up Dirk, you have to make room for his f'in shine box in the back seat.

If you pick Gasol, you have to include Kobe, cuz Pau was like O & Forever afore Kobe shined his f'in light on him & showed him which end was like up.

JamStone
10-31-2010, 10:30 AM
Before last season, I'd take Dirk no question. I think last year, Pau became the better player. He's not the prolific scorer Dirk is, but he's still a capable 20 point scorer and he's better at pretty much every other facet of the game. He had become an elite rebounder and a very good defender. I still think Pau has his lapses where he lacks toughness, but I also think he's taken huge strides as a player. Now it's true that he plays second fiddle to Kobe while Dirk is the #1 guy in Dallas. Even taking that into consideration, I think Pau passed Dirk last year. If I need a guy to come through to score 30 points, I'd still take Dirk. I still think he's more clutch too. But if the question involves who the better player is now, I'd take Pau over Dirk.

Giuseppe
10-31-2010, 10:33 AM
If I need a guy to come through to score 30 points, I'd still take Dirk.

Well, pish posh.

Muser
10-31-2010, 10:46 AM
Dirk has Butler. Gasol has Kobe.

Giuseppe
10-31-2010, 10:48 AM
^I thought Kobe had Gasol, Muse?

tee, hee.

Muser
10-31-2010, 10:50 AM
They both need eachother.

21_Blessings
10-31-2010, 11:05 AM
And Parker has Timmy/Manu.

Still not enough to win one game against a Suns team that peaked 4 years ago.

Giuseppe
10-31-2010, 11:07 AM
21, gettin' his JC on....Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down.

mavsfan1000
10-31-2010, 11:55 AM
Dirk has Butler. Gasol has Kobe.
lol Butler is not even close to Kobe. Take into consideration how much better the Lakers bench is as well.

Giuseppe
10-31-2010, 12:00 PM
Hard to see Dirk without the HD. Him loitering the arc like some f'in cheerleader.

Muser
10-31-2010, 12:08 PM
lol Butler is not even close to Kobe. Take into consideration how much better the Lakers bench is as well.

That was my point.

Lukor
10-31-2010, 12:09 PM
another one of these polls? Must be the 100th time...

LeHeat_Dynasty
10-31-2010, 12:13 PM
I'm not even going to respond in depth why Dirk is a much better offensive player than Gasol. Just look at Dirk's career peak points per game average and compare that to Gasol. Not even a question really, unless of course, you just want to stroll and troll and get a rise out of Mavs fans in this board KAM.

monosylab1k
10-31-2010, 12:18 PM
Before last season, I'd take Dirk no question. I think last year, Pau became the better player. He's not the prolific scorer Dirk is, but he's still a capable 20 point scorer and he's better at pretty much every other facet of the game. He had become an elite rebounder and a very good defender. I still think Pau has his lapses where he lacks toughness, but I also think he's taken huge strides as a player. Now it's true that he plays second fiddle to Kobe while Dirk is the #1 guy in Dallas. Even taking that into consideration, I think Pau passed Dirk last year. If I need a guy to come through to score 30 points, I'd still take Dirk. I still think he's more clutch too. But if the question involves who the better player is now, I'd take Pau over Dirk.

I don't agree that Pau is better than Dirk, mainly cuz Dirk's made a career of ass raping Pau when they go head to head.

But I am coming around on the notion that Pau is a better player for the Lakers. I used to think it was ridiculous to say Dirk couldn't make the Lakers a better team than Pau, but now I believe it.

Trade Dirk for Pau last season, and both teams are worse. The Mavericks don't make the playoffs with Pau, and the Lakers definitely lose to Boston with Dirk, in fact they might have gotten beat by OKC or Phoenix.

Giuseppe
10-31-2010, 12:32 PM
Dirk is the consummate failure.

DAF86
10-31-2010, 12:47 PM
Awesome thread, how did you come up with this idea? I would have never thought of it.

DAF86
10-31-2010, 12:48 PM
The Mavericks don't make the playoffs with Pau.

Dude, c'mon.

Who would have made it instead?

monosylab1k
10-31-2010, 02:03 PM
Dude, c'mon.

Who would have made it instead?

Houston or Memphis. Dallas doesn't win more than 35 games with Pau as their best player. The guy can't lead a team for shit.

Dirk is the better player by a mile. Pau is the better fit for the Lakers by a mile.

monosylab1k
10-31-2010, 02:07 PM
Dirk is the consummate failure.

so were you, cubby, out in the jungle inhalin the sweet nectar known as agent orange.

alternatively, also those 5 hall of famers who got taken behind the woodshed by Rip Hamilton and Co back in the summer of 04.

tee, hee.

Killakobe81
10-31-2010, 02:14 PM
I agree it's dirk. Pau is the better all-around IMHO, But If you need an alpha male even though he has not rang ...you take dirk.

BUT, and it's a BIG one ...if you want or need post play. which set up the offense, alows the perimeter guys to cut or get open looks. Pau is the player. Plus if you break it down by components look at how they compare:

1. outside/mid shooting Dirk, clearly but dirk is not shooting 3's much and pu has improved here from mid-range but its obviously dirk.

2. Post game. though improved in the post ,it's Pau by a mile.

3. rebounding. very close I say Pau is the better rebounder but i think dirk is more consistent. pau raises his numbers in big gmes or playoffs. Day in Day out Dirk gives you the same numbers.

4. Passing dirk has improved here too. But Pau is one of the best passing big men. Dirk is not asked to create as much as Pau though.

5. Shot blocking - Pau case closed.

6. 1 on 1 neither are impressive but Pau is the better team defender. I would want Pau on a post guy and dirk on a stretch 4. - Pau

7. FT shooting - Dirk by miles and miles

8. Clutch scoring - dirk by miles ...even though people call him a choker

9. Finish a play on the break - dirk but it's closeer than you might think. Pau is pretty nimble for his size. But he is not a great FT shooter. so yo can foul.

10 . basketball IQ ...close but i take pau.

Even though Pau takes the edge in the above with my coaching "eye" ...Dirk can carry a team offensively, and is sucha tough matchup for most teams. Too quick for traditional PF's and too tall with his high release for the hybrid ones ...Plus he is money at the line ... and top of the circle. so despite it ALL I would take Dirk. But if you need a traditional post player you take pau.

Killakobe81
10-31-2010, 02:24 PM
I don't agree that Pau is better than Dirk, mainly cuz Dirk's made a career of ass raping Pau when they go head to head.

But I am coming around on the notion that Pau is a better player for the Lakers. I used to think it was ridiculous to say Dirk couldn't make the Lakers a better team than Pau, but now I believe it.

Trade Dirk for Pau last season, and both teams are worse. The Mavericks don't make the playoffs with Pau, and the Lakers definitely lose to Boston with Dirk, in fact they might have gotten beat by OKC or Phoenix.

disagree Mavs wouldnt make playoffs with Pau instead of dirk. Mavs have talent just much of it aging outside of Roddy ...But i think result is same ass rape by spurs mybe Spurs sweep since Pau was getting sweeped as the alpha male BEFORE kobe ...

sefant77
10-31-2010, 02:28 PM
Dirk is the better player by a mile. Pau is the better fit for the Lakers by a mile.

this.

Gasol is a great player but he is so damn overrated since he can shine as 2nd banana with the Lakers...

Killakobe81
10-31-2010, 02:31 PM
LOL at the points per game peak. If point sppg is such a valued stat Kobe>Dirk>duncan.

dirk is the better player but stats are not the end all be all ....just watch the game and you can see dirk has more impact even if it's more on the scoring side of things than most other areas ...

monosylab1k
10-31-2010, 02:37 PM
disagree Mavs wouldnt make playoffs with Pau instead of dirk.

Dirk won at least 10 games for the Mavs singlehandedly. At least. I mean where he carried the team on his back from start to finish and the only way the team won is because of Dirk. Probably more than that.

Add in the cumulative effect of losing and how most of the Mavs role players are extreme front runners who will lose interest and quit very quickly once they're down, and you're looking at a 35-38 win team if you switch Dirk for Pau.

Killakobe81
10-31-2010, 02:39 PM
Dirk won at least 10 games for the Mavs singlehandedly. At least. I mean where he carried the team on his back from start to finish and the only way the team won is because of Dirk. Probably more than that.

Add in the cumulative effect of losing and how most of the Mavs role players are extreme front runners who will lose interest and quit very quickly once they're down, and you're looking at a 35-38 win team if you switch Dirk for Pau.

I live in Frisco, i know. that is why I said he was way more clutch. But you give the Mavs less credit to give dirk props here. I saw 60+ Mavs games last year. Kidd, marion, Teryy and Butler have seen better days but to say that team with Pau could not make playoffs is bullshit. Pau made the playoffs with LESS talent ....do you at LEast admit that?

LeHeat_Dynasty
10-31-2010, 02:41 PM
LOL at the points per game peak. If point sppg is such a valued stat Kobe>Dirk>duncan ...
Reading comprehension would help you right about now.

Nowtizk has a career playoff average of 25.6 PPG vs Gasol's 18.6 PPG.

Dirk is the better offensive player. No contest.

monosylab1k
10-31-2010, 02:46 PM
I live in Frisco, i know. that is why I said he was way more clutch. But you give the Mavs less credit to give dirk props here. I saw 60+ Mavs games last year. Kidd, marion, Teryy and Butler have seen better days but to say that team with Pau could not make playoffs is bullshit. Pau made the playoffs with LESS talent ....do you at LEast admit that?

Yeah he made the playoffs in a less competitive western conference with many more "gimme" wins during the regular season.

Last year damn near every game was a must win in the West. The Mavericks with Pau as their leader would have been nowhere near capable of handling that type of pressure. Dirk bailing them out time and again was the only reason that team was as successful as they were.

35 win team with Pau. At best 39 or 40 wins.

Killakobe81
10-31-2010, 02:47 PM
Reading comprehension would help you right about now.

Nowtizk has a career playoff average of 25.6 PPG vs Gasol's 18.6 PPG.

Dirk is the better offensive player. No contest.

Pot meet kettle. Where I am diagreeing with that? I never said Dirk wasnt the better offensive player numb nuts. Im just saying that PPG playoffs or not does not end the debate or prove who is the better offfensive player even though I have stated that i would take dirk.

Offense is not just scoring. Dwight howard may average more points in the playoffs than pau ...does that mean he is a better offensive player? Lebron scores more in playoffs avarage than Melo does that men he is better offensive player than Melo?

Answer both of those before you speak.

Killakobe81
10-31-2010, 02:49 PM
Yeah he made the playoffs in a less competitive western conference with many more "gimme" wins during the regular season.

Last year damn near every game was a must win in the West. The Mavericks with Pau as their leader would have been nowhere near capable of handling that type of pressure. Dirk bailing them out time and again was the only reason that team was as successful as they were.

35 win team with Pau. At best 39 or 40 wins.

We can agree to disagree but how can this be proven anyway? with Pau the Mavs play a diffrent gam and Caron,Mrion etc would have to take up some scoring slack. But I say they win 47 to 52 ...agree league was a bit weaker at the bottom ...but it's stronger up top so what is the difference?

monosylab1k
10-31-2010, 02:51 PM
Caron,Mrion etc would have to take up some scoring slack

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao

If you really watched 60+ Mavs games like you say you did, you'd know how ridiculous that statement is.

LeHeat_Dynasty
10-31-2010, 02:54 PM
Some Laker fans loves to contradict themselves. The moment you prop Gasol's value, they'll immediately call Gasol's success as a by product of Kobe's greatness. They'll even go at great lengths to make sure they remind you of Gasol's playoff failures by not winning a single game in Memphis.

But the moment you compare Pau to a bonafide MVP performer like Nowitzki, they'll flip the script and will treat this as in insult. They will pump up Gasol's ability to make a mountain out of a mole and how this skinny dude from Spain is all of a sudden capable of leading a team in the Western Conference to a 60 win season.

Giuseppe
10-31-2010, 02:56 PM
Some Laker fans loves to contradict themselves. The moment you prop Gasol's value, they'll immediately call Gasol's success as a by product of Kobe's greatness. They'll even go at great lengths to make sure they remind you of Gasol's playoff failures by not winning a single game in Memphis.

But the moment you compare Pau to a bonafide MVP performer like Nowitzki, they'll flip the script and will treat this as in insult. They will pump up Gasol's ability to make a mountain out of a mole and how this skinny dude from Spain is all of a sudden capable of leading a team in the Western Conference to a 60 win season.

You guys set the template. We're only exploiting same.

HeatBurn305
10-31-2010, 02:56 PM
Crucify 'em yla

Killakobe81
10-31-2010, 02:57 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao

If you really watched 60+ Mavs games like you say you did, you'd know how ridiculous that statement is.

I did ...Dirk averages what 25 points? Pau when he played in Memphis avarged like 21 points? when he ws not as good as he is now. Pau would be able to run the offense through the post settiing up buckets for Marion and Caron. You dont think Caron Terry and Marion could not average the difference?

again, i agree Dirk is better .. because if you need a basket and that player can not pass ...who would you rather have the ball? But if pass/shoot is an option i may take Pau.
dirk is the far better FT and clutch shooter so again Id rather have dirk in the clutch.

Giuseppe
10-31-2010, 02:58 PM
Though the one time Dirk got to the clutch, he took the pickle.

JamStone
10-31-2010, 03:00 PM
Pretty harsh to say Pau would have only led the Mavs to 35 wins last year when he led a Memphis team to 50 wins with James Posey as the second leading scorer. In fact the two Memphis teams he led to 50 and 49 wins respectively had far less talent and depth than the supporting cast on the Mavs last year. Now if you want to say Pau wouldn't have led them to as good a record, I wouldn't necessarily disagree. But 35 wins with the supporting talent Dallas has? Wow. I don't agree with that at all.

LeHeat_Dynasty
10-31-2010, 03:01 PM
Im just saying that PPG playoffs or not does not end the debate or prove who is the better offfensive player even though I have stated that i would take dirk. .

No one even brought that argument but you, seems like you glanced through a few posts and made your conclusion...

LOL at the points per game peak. If point sppg is such a valued stat Kobe>Dirk>duncan .

:rolleyes

Killakobe81
10-31-2010, 03:02 PM

when did I say that? Read my post. I said that Pau could not win a playoff game as alpha, i said dirk is the better player EVEN though i think Pau is better all around because SCORING, REBBOUNDING and STOPS are the key to winning in the NBA. Dirk is better at Scoring, than Pau is better at rebounding or getting stops than dirk. I said dirk is more clutch, and the Mavs would lose more games if swapped.

I think you Kobe haters overrate Pau more than we Laker fans underrate him. Pau not winning even a playoff game without Koe is fact. Much like Kobe needed pau or shaq to win titles. Pau is not more valuable to a franchise than dirk.

HeatBurn305
10-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Pretty harsh to say Pau would have only led the Mavs to 35 wins last year when he led a Memphis team to 50 wins with James Posey as the second leading scorer. In fact the two Memphis teams he led to 50 and 49 wins respectively had far less talent and depth than the supporting cast on the Mavs last year. Now if you want to say Pau wouldn't have led them to as good a record, I wouldn't necessarily disagree. But 35 wins with the supporting talent Dallas has? Wow. I don't agree with that at all.

Jammy, gettin' his F'in award on.

You filthy wretch, you.

monosylab1k
10-31-2010, 03:03 PM

Memphis in the Pau years had the benefit of a top-heavy Western Conference with TONS of mediocre teams to take advantage of. He wouldn't last in a Western conference with 8 legitimage 50 win teams. In fact, the year the Western conferece basically had what amounted to just about 8 fifty-win teams was the year the Grizzlies licked balls and Pau was shipped out to LA.

On top of that, if he isn't hitting miracle shot after miracle shot, the way Dirk was, the entire frontrunning Mavs role players (like Jet, Marion, etc) would have just quit on the team each and ever game, like they did tons of times even with Dirk.

The cumulative effect of a much tougher schedule + inability to pull miracles out of his ass on a nightly basis to keep his teammates from giving up is the template for a 35 win Pau-led Mavericks team.

Giuseppe
10-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Though Dirk did hightail it outta south Florida in the Summer of '06 like billy-be-jiggered.

tee, hee.

Killakobe81
10-31-2010, 03:08 PM
I'm not even going to respond in depth why Dirk is a much better offensive player than Gasol. Just look at Dirk's career peak points per game average and compare that to Gasol. Not even a question really, unless of course, you just want to stroll and troll and get a rise out of Mavs fans in this board KAM.

Reading comprehension.

Le heat: I never said career peaks point per game you brought it up...

Rick James, bitch: I never grinded my feet on eddie murphy's couch.

RJB: Yes, I grinded my feet on that niggas couch he could afford it ...

RJB: I never grinded my feet on the couch, cocaine is a helluve drug! LOL

Killakobe81
10-31-2010, 03:11 PM
Memphis in the Pau years had the benefit of a top-heavy Western Conference with TONS of mediocre teams to take advantage of. He wouldn't last in a Western conference with 8 legitimage 50 win teams. In fact, the year the Western conferece basically had what amounted to just about 8 fifty-win teams was the year the Grizzlies licked balls and Pau was shipped out to LA.

On top of that, if he isn't hitting miracle shot after miracle shot, the way Dirk was, the entire frontrunning Mavs role players (like Jet, Marion, etc) would have just quit on the team each and ever game, like they did tons of times even with Dirk.

The cumulative effect of a much tougher schedule + inability to pull miracles out of his ass on a nightly basis to keep his teammates from giving up is the template for a 35 win Pau-led Mavericks team.

I think dirk had an MVP caliber season at times last year you are right he was very clutch. But me thinks you exaggerate a bit much. But teh question was who is beter and i agree dirk is better still even if Pau has better all-around skills. dirk is more dominant at scoring than Pau is at any one area of basketball. even though pau's post-game is a thing of beauty

LeHeat_Dynasty
10-31-2010, 03:18 PM
Mono brought some valid points. The Western Conference was top heavy in 2003-2004, seeds 5-8 were pushovers. You can't say the same for the teams last year when all playoff teams last year won at least 50 games.

Dirks clutch factor also comes into play. I dont think Gasol is better equipped offensively to push Dallas for a 50 win season. 35 games is a bit low though. With Gasol and last years roster, I'd say they're good for around 42-44 wins.

monosylab1k
10-31-2010, 03:24 PM
With Gasol and last years roster, I'd say they're good for around 42-44 wins.

I would agree, but my 35 game projection is based on the frontrunning effect of Dallas role players. Without a solid miracle maker like Dirk present, pussy ass frontrunners like Jason Terry will suck even harder, thus making the team even worse than their talent indicates they are.

JamStone
10-31-2010, 03:33 PM

For the record, the 2003-04 season when Memphis won 50 games, there were 6 50 game winners in the Western Conference. On top of that, only 4 of the 14 teams had losing records. The worst record in the Western Conference that year was 28-54. There were three teams in the Western Conference that had worse records than that.

Maybe a weaker conference in 2003-04 overall, but not nearly the discrepancy you make it seem.

Ghazi
10-31-2010, 03:35 PM
I'm tired of this argument... we're comparing a C to a PF... I'll take DIrk still

People that pick Pau are subconsciously influenced by Pau's greater team success over the last 3 years. It's undeniable.

as for swap Pau w/ Dirk hypotheticals.. pointless, it's hard to speculate. I'd say Lakers w/ Dirk would require more production out of Bynum... and since Bynum is a bum, would probably be a little worse.

mavsfan1000
10-31-2010, 03:42 PM
Bynum, Dirk, Artest, Kobe, and Fisher would be incredible. But Dirk can't play center due to not being strong enough. His outside shooting is way superior to Gasol and that is why I think he would be the better power forward for any team. Center is a different story though.

Killakobe81
10-31-2010, 03:45 PM
Bynum, Dirk, Artest, Kobe, and Fisher would be incredible. But Dirk can't play center due to not being strong enough. His outside shooting is way superior to Gasol and that is why I think he would be the better power forward for any team. Center is a different story though.

Come, come Ghazi this is a spurs site. We al know that 7 footers are Power Forwards EVEN when playing with a 6 foot 7 center ....LOL

Killakobe81
10-31-2010, 03:46 PM
Jamstone making people tired of this debate by bringing up facts ...

Killakobe81
10-31-2010, 03:50 PM
Although not afact but when GM's are polled dik is always the answer as best foreign player ...Nash got some love for a season or two but it has been Dirk for a while

Blackjack
10-31-2010, 03:53 PM
Dirk's a better No. 1 but Pau's skills and impact on both ends of the court are much more conducive to winning championships in a team setting.

I think they're both better suited being No. 2s, and in that case, most teams would be better off with Gasol.

It's just hard to find all the right pieces for an unconventional talent like Dirk (but if you can find them Dirk's your pick).

Killakobe81
10-31-2010, 04:00 PM
Dirk's a better No. 1 but Pau's skills and impact on both ends of the court are much more conducive to winning championships in a team setting.

I think they're both better suited being No. 2s, and in that case, most teams would be better off with Gasol.

It's just hard to find all the right pieces for an unconventional talent like Dirk (but if you can find them Dirk's your pick).

This. Pau i more traditional dirk has kind of revolutionized the position a far as stretch 4's go ...what other stretch 4 has led his team to an NBA finals or better? KG is probably the only other one that I can think of. Rasheed, Rashard Lewis and Horry etc. were never the leaders of their teams.

Pau not the leader of the Lakers but is 1b and much more convential post player and MANY of those have been key to a title.

cornbread
10-31-2010, 04:27 PM

Yep. Dirk is a better #1 on offense but if you want to build a championship team, you build it around Pau not Dirk. Hence I would choose Pau.

Giuseppe
10-31-2010, 04:34 PM
....exactly. Dirk is a chronological failure.

TD 21
10-31-2010, 05:03 PM

Real consistent. So Gasol is better than Nowitzki based on that (which I agree with, by the way), but Duncan isn't better than Nowitzki? Remind me again, outside of range shooting, what's Nowitzki's better than Duncan at?

So many will tell you "defense is half the game" and "no rebound, no rings", but very few practice what they preach, in that respect. If those two things are so important, then what's a one dimensional, soft, choke artist like Nowitzki doing getting so much respect? I don't give a shit how many "clutch" shots he's hit in the regular season, he will always be a choke artist for what he did in '06 and '07.

Why are Bosh and Stoudemire relentlessly picked apart, while Nowitzki is relentlessly praised? I missed when he became such a more well rounded player than them.

mavsfan1000
10-31-2010, 05:10 PM
Real consistent. So Gasol is better than Nowitzki based on that (which I agree with, by the way), but Duncan isn't better than Nowitzki? Remind me again, outside of range shooting, what's Nowitzki's better than Duncan at?

So many will tell you "defense is half the game" and "no rebound, no rings", but very few practice what they preach, in that respect. If those two things are so important, then what's a one dimensional, soft, choke artist like Nowitzki doing getting so much respect? I don't give a shit how many "clutch" shots he's hit in the regular season, he will always be a choke artist for what he did in '06 and '07.

Why are Bosh and Stoudemire relentlessly picked apart, while Nowitzki is relentlessly praised? I missed when he became such a more well rounded player than them.
Yeah he was superchoke against your Spurs in 06. :lol

AussieFanKurt
10-31-2010, 05:12 PM
Gasol without any doubt at all. I would much rather have Gasol in my team. Dunno how many assists he had @ PHX other night but he's a much more team orientated player than Dirk

Giuseppe
10-31-2010, 05:12 PM
Yeah he was superchoke against your Spurs in 06. :lol

You didn't turn it over to amount to anything, 1000. You went to Florida and were humiliated.

Ditty
10-31-2010, 05:14 PM
right now gasol is better but all time better player dirk

this could be debated from that dirk has always had good players around him and when pau was with the grizz with not that much talent as dirk had in dallas

mavsfan1000
10-31-2010, 05:16 PM
Gasol without any doubt at all. I would much rather have Gasol in my team. Dunno how many assists he had @ PHX other night but he's a much more team orientated player than Dirk
That is bs. Dirk is about as team oriented as you get.

JamStone
10-31-2010, 05:19 PM
TD 21,

Tim Duncan has started showing his age much more than Dirk. Duncan is only 2 years older, but it appears to be enough to show his decline. His game against the Hornets demonstrated that. We're talking about players right now. Duncan isn't what he was just 2-3 years ago. Dirk still is putting in his prime numbers up and playing 36+ MPG. Dirk may be at the tail end of his prime, but he's still in his prime. I think Duncan is still a very good player in this league but he's no longer in his prime. That's why I place Dirk over Duncan.

And your criticism of Dirk's defense is exaggerated. He's not nearly as bad as you suggest. He's actually become an adequate defender. He'll never be a great defender but he'll do a good enough job on most nights. The difference between him and Amare is effort. Dirk actually gives effort defensively. Amare seems indiffierent. Bosh isn't very good defensively either but I don't think he's as bad as some make him out to be either. But a lot of it is effort as well. He played pretty good defense on the 2008 Olympic team when they asked it from him. I think the Raptors just didn't demand him to be a great defender so he wasn't. And this has been said a lot, but for most of his career, Dirk has been a very good defensive rebounder. That alone shows his effort level defensively. He doesn't have the quickness or athleticism of Amare or Bosh but he still manages to be as good defensively and as good or better rebounding the defensive glass.

Like some, you want to argue Dirk is a one dimensional player who just scores. I disagree with that. He's not. And he's still an elite player in the league. And because of Duncan's decline, I have no problem putting Dirk ahead of Duncan. And it appears most Spurs fans think the same way. You're in the minority, even among Spurs fans.

Giuseppe
10-31-2010, 05:29 PM
Oh, fuck me, Jammie is back in form.

LkrFan
10-31-2010, 05:34 PM
2 rings faggots! :lol

Killakobe81
10-31-2010, 05:36 PM
TD 21,

Tim Duncan has started showing his age much more than Dirk. Duncan is only 2 years older, but it appears to be enough to show his decline. His game against the Hornets demonstrated that. We're talking about players right now. Duncan isn't what he was just 2-3 years ago. Dirk still is putting in his prime numbers up and playing 36+ MPG. Dirk may be at the tail end of his prime, but he's still in his prime. I think Duncan is still a very good player in this league but he's no longer in his prime. That's why I place Dirk over Duncan.

And your criticism of Dirk's defense is exaggerated. He's not nearly as bad as you suggest. He's actually become an adequate defender. He'll never be a great defender but he'll do a good enough job on most nights. The difference between him and Amare is effort. Dirk actually gives effort defensively. Amare seems indiffierent. Bosh isn't very good defensively either but I don't think he's as bad as some make him out to be either. But a lot of it is effort as well. He played pretty good defense on the 2008 Olympic team when they asked it from him. I think the Raptors just didn't demand him to be a great defender so he wasn't. And this has been said a lot, but for most of his career, Dirk has been a very good defensive rebounder. That alone shows his effort level defensively. He doesn't have the quickness or athleticism of Amare or Bosh but he still manages to be as good defensively and as good or better rebounding the defensive glass.

Like some, you want to argue Dirk is a one dimensional player who just scores. I disagree with that. He's not. And he's still an elite player in the league. And because of Duncan's decline, I have no problem putting Dirk ahead of Duncan. And it appears most Spurs fans think the same way. You're in the minority, even among Spurs fans.

So, much win in this post. Right now dirk is better than duncan. All-time we know it goes the other way ...
Amare is a shitty defender. Dirk i would say is mediocre, Bosh adequate. Bosh played pretty good D for Team USA as Jam pointed out, and so far for the Heat.

TD 21
10-31-2010, 05:52 PM
TD 21,

Fair enough. I completely disagree, but at least you took the time to explain your thought process.

No question, Duncan has declined more than Nowitzki and is no longer in his prime (I've never argued to the contrary), but because he was so much better than Nowitzki to begin with, that doesn't necessarily mean he's a lesser player than him now. As I said (and you didn't answer), other than range shooting, tell me what Nowitzki is better than Duncan at?

Nowitzki is still a poor man defender. He's improved as a team defender over the years, as is often the case, but overall he still makes no discernible impact defensively. Contrary to popular belief, Duncan still does. He's still one of the best anchors in the league, only the personnel around him and the lineups he's often played in just don't always make that seem as such.

Effort or not, Nowitzki is not a significantly better defender than Stoudemire (I didn't say not at all, I said significantly, so remember that before you say "You think Stoudemire is an equal or better defender than Nowitzki?"). In most other aspects, they're relatively equal, yet one is constantly criticized and the other isn't. I'm not saying Stoudemire or Bosh shouldn't be criticized, I'm saying all three should be.

You do realize that Nowitzki is 7-0, right? Unlike Stoudemire, who can't be more than 6-9 and Bosh, who's 6-10 (I'm not going by their phony listings). He ought to be able to be at least a decent rebounder on one end. The Bargnani's of the world are rare, a guy that big who's that bad on the glass.

No, I want to argue that he's not great at anything but scoring and even that, he's not elite of the elite at. I'm aware I'm in the minority amongst Spurs fans. Doesn't make me wrong...unlike many, I don't base my opinions off of who's getting hype at a particular time or what the general consensus is.

Nahtanoj
10-31-2010, 06:27 PM
Any GM would go with Dirk 9 out of 10 times if you're talking about building a franchise. Gasol proved that he was not a No. 1 at Memphis.

But if you ask Phil who he'd want in the triangle, he'd go with Gasol easily... I mean the guy is a legitimate threat in the post (back to the basket, face up) all the way out to 18 feet as a 7 footer with two terrific hands and pretty good vision too. Don't compare numbers, compare their skill set, basketball IQ and impact on both ends in a particular system.

Nahtanoj
10-31-2010, 06:35 PM
You do realize that Nowitzki is 7-0, right? Unlike Stoudemire, who can't be more than 6-9 and Bosh, who's 6-10 (I'm not going by their phony listings). He ought to be able to be at least a decent rebounder on one end. The Bargnani's of the world are rare, a guy that big who's that bad on the glass.

Rebounding ain't about height in the NBA. It's more about leverage, agility, quickness of your jump, positioning and heart/hustle.

La Mont
10-31-2010, 06:36 PM

bynum is chronically injury-plagued, hence they need a reliable big player who plays consistent games in the paint. dirk may be more skillful but the lack of toughness never allows him to play PF as fine as most other PFs do. Pau however is a tough player who builds his game near the basket and never shirks body collisions.

Nahtanoj
10-31-2010, 06:38 PM
Pau however is a tough player who builds his game near the basket and never shirks body collisions.

Two years ago you would look like a fool saying that..

Giuseppe
10-31-2010, 06:45 PM
...then Bryant told him where the bear shit in the buckwheat, and we ain't looked back. Well, cept for that one time when Kobe aired it out. But, then Artest made JRich his bitch and we ain't looked back since then. Well, cept for that time before Bynum made Perkins his bitch and we ain't looked back since then.

LakeShow
10-31-2010, 06:46 PM
Fair enough. I completely disagree, but at least you took the time to explain your thought process.

No question, Duncan has declined more than Nowitzki and is no longer in his prime (I've never argued to the contrary), but because he was so much better than Nowitzki to begin with, that doesn't necessarily mean he's a lesser player than him now. As I said (and you didn't answer), other than range shooting, tell me what Nowitzki is better than Duncan at?

Nowitzki is still a poor man defender. He's improved as a team defender over the years, as is often the case, but overall he still makes no discernible impact defensively. Contrary to popular belief, Duncan still does. He's still one of the best anchors in the league, only the personnel around him and the lineups he's often played in just don't always make that seem as such.

Effort or not, Nowitzki is not a significantly better defender than Stoudemire (I didn't say not at all, I said significantly, so remember that before you say "You think Stoudemire is an equal or better defender than Nowitzki?"). In most other aspects, they're relatively equal, yet one is constantly criticized and the other isn't. I'm not saying Stoudemire or Bosh shouldn't be criticized, I'm saying all three should be.

No, I want to argue that he's not great at anything but scoring and even that, he's not elite of the elite at. I'm aware I'm in the minority amongst Spurs fans. Doesn't make me wrong...unlike many, I don't base my opinions off of who's getting hype at a particular time or what the general consensus is.

This.

Dirk is nothing more than a 7ft shooting guard. His defense has always been soft and weak. His game is great for the regular season but a weakness in the playoffs. In the history of the championships, I have never seen a team win a title with a PF that plays on the perimeter. When you have your power forward on the perimeter being defended by Sf's and SG's the opponent has an advantage in the paint. I have said since 2000, that the Mavs will NEVER win a title with Dirk at the 4. Guess what? They haven't.

Everyone wants to blame the officials for the mavs loss against the heat. Although it was bad at times the real turning point in that series came in game 3 when Shaq fouled Dirk hard when he drove the lane. Dirk punked out and never attacked the rim again. He was a jump shooter for the rest of the series.

I would take Gasol's game over Dirks game when it matters. Give me Pau

La Mont
10-31-2010, 06:47 PM
I'm tired of this argument... we're comparing a C to a PF... I'll take DIrk still

People that pick Pau are subconsciously influenced by Pau's greater team success over the last 3 years. It's undeniable.

as for swap Pau w/ Dirk hypotheticals.. pointless, it's hard to speculate. I'd say Lakers w/ Dirk would require more production out of Bynum... and since Bynum is a bum, would probably be a little worse.

dirk is not even a PF. he shoots the ball more often like guards do, and he does little to protect the basket. dirk was actually their play-maker during their best years, but he seceded that role as Kidd joined.

they shuffled their semi-champion squad only to see their squad getting worse. just because they choked in the first round the prior year it didn't mean their squad had some weakness desperately needing to be fixed. the Mavs never exceeded the 2nd round since they got kidd, and you can hardly call any of the 3 series lost a choking job.

Giuseppe
10-31-2010, 06:49 PM
This.

Dirk is nothing more than a 7ft shooting guard.

The Show/Lake style hittin' that nail square on it's head.

La Mont
10-31-2010, 06:53 PM
This.

Dirk is nothing more than a 7ft shooting guard. His defense has always been soft and weak. His game is great for the regular season but a weakness in the playoffs. In the history of the championships, I have never seen a team win a title with a PF that plays on the perimeter. When you have your power forward on the perimeter being defended by Sf's and SG's the opponent has an advantage in the paint. I have said since 2000, that the Mavs will NEVER win a title with Dirk at the 4. Guess what? They haven't.

Everyone wants to blame the officials for the mavs loss against the heat. Although it was bad at times the real turning point in that series came in game 3 when Shaq fouled Dirk hard when he drove the lane. Dirk punked out and never attacked the rim again. He was a jump shooter for the rest of the series.

Larry bird played SF most time on the celtics champion team. playing in the playoffs against the mavs, you only need a couple of tough beasts in the paint to beat the mavs. all the squad adjustments they made these years were all aimed against the spurs, and their goal was well achieved since they always cause serious match-up problems playing against spurs, whereas they have no avail at all against any other playoff team.

21_Blessings
10-31-2010, 08:21 PM
:lol Dallas fan coming out of seclusion to defend her Highness' honor

BRHornet45
10-31-2010, 08:32 PM
Gasol without question

mavsfan1000
10-31-2010, 08:41 PM
This.

There are very few that play like Dirk. So talking about history is not a good explanation since there isn't enough data to prove that PF's can't play on the perimeter in the playoffs. And most of Dirk's shots are in midrange and very high percentage shots. Dirk opens up the paint if he had some slashers to help him out. He made Harris look really good for example. There are some good role player bigs that shoot from the perimeter though on championship teams. Mehmet Okur, Bill Laimbeer, and Robert Horry to name a few.

HornetLoveJones
10-31-2010, 08:55 PM
Gasol pre Kobe
0-12 in the playoffs

with Kobe... 2 championships

xLQXTrm6A2Q

T9YuERZT1nw

MavFan6488
10-31-2010, 08:59 PM
:lol Dallas fan coming out of seclusion to defend her Highness' honor
:lol laker fan showing support for an empty-headed fool like matt barnes just because he's on his team now

dirk4mvp
10-31-2010, 09:22 PM
This.

lol rocketfan pretending to be a lakerfan to post ring smack

awesome troll

midnightpulp
10-31-2010, 09:30 PM
Do any of the idiot Dirk detractors realize that Dirk is off to the best start of his career?

Gasol is a great, great player, the best player on the Lakers, but his supporting cast consists of a top 5 SG in Kobe, a lock down SF in Ron Artest, the most versatile SF/PF in the league in Odom, and when Bynum comes back, a top 5 center, along with a relatively deep bench.

Dirk has Caron Butler and an aging Jason Kidd, who in my mind, never really fit the Mavs.

Venti Quattro
10-31-2010, 09:35 PM
> Dirk-tractors

Anyway, if I wanted to start a franchise, I'd go with Dirk. If I wanted someone who would seamlessly fit into my team as a second option, I'd choose Pau.

midnightpulp
10-31-2010, 09:39 PM
> Dirk-tractors

Anyway, if I wanted to start a franchise, I'd go with Dirk. If I wanted someone who would seamlessly fit into my team as a second option, I'd choose Pau.

The only scenario where I would pick Pau over Dirk to start a franchise is if my offensive system is the triangle. Pau is perfect fit for that system.

LakeShow
10-31-2010, 09:40 PM
There are very few that play like Dirk. So talking about history is not a good explanation since there isn't enough data to prove that PF's can't play on the perimeter in the playoffs. And most of Dirk's shots are in midrange and very high percentage shots. Dirk opens up the paint if he had some slashers to help him out. He made Harris look really good for example. There are some good role player bigs that shoot from the perimeter though on championship teams. Mehmet Okur, Bill Laimbeer, and Robert Horry to name a few.

Okur was a reserve for the Pistons championship. Starters were the Wallace's. Bill Laimbeer and Horry did the intangibles well, defense, blocks, steals, Heart. Both players had very good low post players. Horry, playing with three of the best low post players in the game in Shaq, Olajuwon and Duncan. It was no room for him in the paint. If you pair Dirk with a very good low post player he will have a chance at a title but as it stands now and has stood for the last 10 years or so, the mavs offense goes threw Dirk who plays exclusively on the perimeter.

LakeShow
10-31-2010, 09:42 PM
lol rocketfan pretending to be a lakerfan to post ring smack

awesome troll

http://www.quest-online.com/NewFiles/images/CondiRice.jpg

lol micropenis

dirk4mvp
10-31-2010, 09:43 PM
that's one of the saddest things I've ever seen on the internet. and that's including calf tats.

Killakobe81
10-31-2010, 09:48 PM
Do any of the idiot Dirk detractors realize that Dirk is off to the best start of his career?

Gasol is a great, great player, the best player on the Lakers, but his supporting cast consists of a top 5 SG in Kobe, a lock down SF in Ron Artest, the most versatile SF/PF in the league in Odom, and when Bynum comes back, a top 5 center, along with a relatively deep bench.

Dirk has Caron Butler and an aging Jason Kidd, who in my mind, never really fit the Mavs.

:lmao nice, try

Jelloisjigglin
10-31-2010, 09:52 PM

Mid gettin' his troll work on.

midnightpulp
10-31-2010, 09:54 PM

He is. Kobe gets the glory, because when you chuck 25 shots a game, you will post a higher PPG, hit some spectacular shots, and be the toast of the highlight obsessed media, but in reality, Gasol is currently the best player on the Lakers.

Now that he's getting a similar amount of attempts as Kobe, look at their stats:

25, 9.5, and 5 on .530 shooting>>26, 6, and 5 on .436.

Darrin
10-31-2010, 09:57 PM
discuss. i'm voting for dirk of course. to me, it's not even close. don't get me wrong, gasol is a very good player, but he has KOBE on his team, arguably the best player in the world. he has the best coach in the world. dirk has caron butler (josh howard v2) and rick carlisle, kinda unfair..

I think if you offered Dirk straight up for Pau, the Lakers would make that deal.

LakeShow
10-31-2010, 09:58 PM
I think if you offered Dirk straight up for Pau, the Lakers would make that deal.

:lmao

TD 21
10-31-2010, 10:05 PM
This.

LakeShow, no Mavs fan should bitch about the officiating in the '06 Finals, because if not for atrocious officiating in the Conference Semi-Finals, they'd have never reached the Finals in the first place.

Nahtanoj, rebounding is partially about height. Had you watched the first half of the Lakers-Warriors game tonight, you wouldn't be saying it isn't. Against a solid rebounding big combo of Lee and Biedrins, the Lakers destroyed them on the glass in the first half. Why? Because Gasol is really 7-2 or 7-3 and not the 7-0 he's listed as being and because of his and Odom's superior length, they're playing volleyball on the offensive glass. Same thing with Nowitzki, just by virtue of being 7-0 tall and playing 37-38 mpg, he's going to collect his fair share of rebounds.

DAF86
10-31-2010, 10:06 PM

No, they wouldn't. Why would they trade a guy that fits their system to perfection and is the best low post player in the league?

21_Blessings
10-31-2010, 10:07 PM
:lol laker fan showing support for an empty-headed fool like matt barnes just because he's on his team now

:lol :lol Cuban paying Shawn Marion 33 million the next 4 years while Barnes makes about 4m over the next 2.

What a retarded fucking owner Cuban is :lmao

DAF86
10-31-2010, 10:09 PM
No, they wouldn't. Why would they trade a guy that fits their system to perfection and is the best low post player in the league?

I want to add that IMO Bryant is more replaceable than Gasol in the Lakers system.

21_Blessings
10-31-2010, 10:09 PM
:lmao

Seriously. The Lakers have no use for another shooting guard.

:rollin Dirk playing center or trying to post/defend anybody up :rollin

dirk4mvp
10-31-2010, 10:12 PM
LakeShow, no Mavs fan should bitch about the officiating in the '06 Finals, because if not for atrocious officiating in the Conference Semi-Finals, they'd have never reached the Finals in the first place.

:lmao classic gray spur fan. continue being irrelevant on ST, you flaming sack of shit.

HarlemHeat37
10-31-2010, 10:15 PM
:lmao classic gray spur fan. continue being irrelevant on ST, you flaming sack of shit.

You better check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Killakobe81
10-31-2010, 10:15 PM
I want to add that IMO Bryant is more replaceable than Gasol in the Lakers system.

I get what you are trying to say but a top 5 current player and top 10 all-time player is not EVER easily replaceable ...

LakeShow
10-31-2010, 10:20 PM
Seriously. The Lakers have no use for another shooting guard.

:rollin Dirk playing center or trying to post/defend anybody up :rollin

:lol Can you imagine Dirk and Lamar going up against the Celtics? That would have been downright comical. :lol

mavsfan1000
10-31-2010, 10:23 PM
Okur was a reserve for the Pistons championship. Starters were the Wallace's. Bill Laimbeer and Horry did the intangibles well, defense, blocks, steals, Heart. Both players had very good low post players. Horry, playing with three of the best low post players in the game in Shaq, Olajuwon and Duncan. It was no room for him in the paint. If you pair Dirk with a very good low post player he will have a chance at a title but as it stands now and has stood for the last 10 years or so, the mavs offense goes threw Dirk who plays exclusively on the perimeter.
Right. Pau needed Kobe and Dirk needs a big man. Not one style is better than the other. With great perimeter players you need inside players and vice versa.

O.J Mayo
10-31-2010, 10:25 PM
Pau Gasol.

Pau Gasol is the MVP of the Lakers. If Dirk was on the Lakers, he might not even be the 1st option.

DAF86
10-31-2010, 10:29 PM
I get what you are trying to say but a top 5 current player and top 10 all-time player is not EVER easily replaceable ...

Lebron, Wade, Durant are all players that could replace Kobe in the Lakers and perform at least at a similar level to Bryant (if not better).

Tell me what other player in the league could do what Pau does in the lakers as good as him? Maybe Duncan but I don't think Tim would fit the triangle like Pau does.

mavsfan1000
10-31-2010, 10:50 PM
Pau Gasol.

Pau Gasol is the MVP of the Lakers. If Dirk was on the Lakers, he might not even be the 1st option.
Uh no. Kobe is.

O.J Mayo
10-31-2010, 10:51 PM
Uh no. Kobe is.

Prove it with evidence.

mavsfan1000
10-31-2010, 10:58 PM
Prove it with evidence.
It's early in the season but Kobe was lighting it up in last years playoffs. Especially against the Suns. The amount of pressure a player has to defend him with allows for Gasol to not be guarded as well as how he was guarded in Memphis.

Jelloisjigglin
10-31-2010, 11:00 PM
Prove it with evidence.

Evidence? Kobe has led the Lakers in all statistical categories outside of rebounds the last two years. He was also the finals MVP the last two years. I know you hate Kobe but he's still the unquestioned leader.

21_Blessings
10-31-2010, 11:05 PM
Lebron, Wade, Durant are all players that could replace Kobe in the Lakers and perform at least at a similar level to Bryant (if not better).

Tell me what other player in the league could do what Pau does in the lakers as good as him? Maybe Duncan but I don't think Tim would fit the triangle like Pau does.

Based on your logic, none of those players could run the triangle or defend as well as Kobe.

Dumb fucking Spur fans. Desperately pretending their team/Timmy is still relevant. :lol
:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

rascalpascal09
10-31-2010, 11:06 PM
Based on your logic, none of those players could run the triangle or defend as well as Kobe.

Dumb fucking Spur fans. Desperately pretending their team/Timmy is still relevant. :lol
:flag:

From my understanding, I heard you were a faggot

O.J Mayo
10-31-2010, 11:08 PM
It's early in the season but Kobe was lighting it up in last years playoffs. Especially against the Suns. The amount of pressure a player has to defend him with allows for Gasol to not be guarded as well as how he was guarded in Memphis.

That's bullshit. It could be said that Gasol allows Kobe to focus more on scoring instead on playmaking and his FG% still remains the same when it should increase.

DAF86
10-31-2010, 11:15 PM

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

Any of those three could run the triangle and defend as well as Kobe does. I'm talking about skillsets, those three guys have the talent and skills to perform like Kobe in the triangle, there isn't a bigmen in the league with the talent and/or skills to perform like Gasol under this system.

LkrFan
10-31-2010, 11:22 PM
David Lee had 118 double doubles the last two years - 2nd only to D12 in that span. His stat line tonight against Pau:

0-3 FG
5 TOs
3 rebs
+/- = -26

Meanwhile, the best big man in the game:
10/19 - 26 pts
12 rebs
4 asts
2 blocks
+/- = +33
35 minutes of work

Another day at the office. _irk couldn't do damage like that on both sides of the ball. :toast

dirk4mvp
10-31-2010, 11:25 PM
I wonder if LkrFan realizes she is close to the bottom on the totem pole of shitty laker fans on ST?

LkrFan
10-31-2010, 11:33 PM
I wonder if LkrFan realizes she is close to the bottom on the totem pole of shitty laker fans on ST?
I wonder if _irk4-most-likely-to-lose-to-an-8th-seed realizes that _irk is an imitation big man? Until his balls descend like most men, the Mavwrecks aren't doing jack shit. Nothing to see here. :wakeup

dirk4mvp
10-31-2010, 11:36 PM
sorry senor, I would take you a little more seriously if that post had any comedic value to it and/or you weren't so low on that totem pole :(

midnightpulp
10-31-2010, 11:45 PM
Lkrfan is definitely one of the worst posters on Spurstalk. Hands too sticky with Kobe's semen to type anything worthwhile.

dirk4mvp
10-31-2010, 11:47 PM
yeah as if any of those nicknames haven't been used before

_irk?

groundbreaking nickname bro.

Would it be cool if I said Kobme? :lmao

dirk4mvp
10-31-2010, 11:51 PM
tbh all by your lonesome on the all american paki basketball team.

midnightpulp
10-31-2010, 11:55 PM
The fuck you talking bout. We standing on a hundred story building, pissing down on you clowns. The beauty of it all is you losers can't tell the difference between piss or rain.

If you were any better at math (which we know you're not), you'd know the chances of hitting someone with a stream of piss from 1000 feet above are very remote. Factoring in wind sheer, there's a better chance the piss flies back in your face than it has of landing on anyone below. And given the fact that you and Kool enjoy golden showers, you'd probably have no problem with that outcome.

LkrFan
11-01-2010, 12:39 AM
yeah as if any of those nicknames haven't been used before

_irk?

groundbreaking nickname bro.

Would it be cool if I said Kobme? :lmao
He doesn't play defense, hence the moniker _irk.

And I never said it was a new nickname. Ever since Capt Jack kicked his sorry ass in the playoffs you would think he would start playing defense. That was then and in 2010 he still doesn't play a lick of defense. Sad actually.

dirk4mvp
11-01-2010, 12:06 PM
you think anyone is paying attention to your posts? :rollin

lol bottom of totem pole

BUMP
11-01-2010, 12:08 PM
He doesn't play defense, hence the moniker _irk.

And I never said it was a new nickname. Ever since Capt Jack kicked his sorry ass in the playoffs you would think he would start playing defense. That was then and in 2010 he still doesn't play a lick of defense. Sad actually.

lol grey Lakerfan

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

lakers=class

Venti Quattro
11-01-2010, 12:09 PM
I thought class was reserved for the Spurs

BUMP
11-01-2010, 12:11 PM
I thought class was reserved for the Spurs

true, tbh

i need a new generic saying for grey Laker fan

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

midnightpulp
11-01-2010, 12:12 PM
true, tbh

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

:tu

Venti Quattro
11-01-2010, 12:13 PM
true, tbh

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

Kiss the Rings!!

:lmao :lmao :lmao

z0sa
11-01-2010, 02:57 PM
I have to go with Dirk here, even though my heart says Gasol.. Dirk is simply too much better offensively, while still being decent defensively, for me to give this one to Gasol..

Dirk is also known as a playoff choker, despite having such high scoring and rebounding averages in the playoffs, while Gasol now never will be called that again - yet before the Kobeshow, Gasol was the designated playoff failure year in and year out, a guy who couldn't even will his team to a single playoff win.

Dirk has done more with less than Gasol did, and that's what I put a lot of stock in, how much better either guy makes their teammates. Gasol is obviously the better defender though.

The 4cc Dictionary
05-03-2011, 11:51 AM
oh boy!

looks like 21_Blessings doesn't wanna talk to the olllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ball coach!

after det one!

MavFan6488
05-03-2011, 12:01 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/01/fullj.4424dc9fe81b1db65ff723e1808a00ab/4424dc9fe81b1db65ff723e1808a00ab-getty-113269447mw085_dallas_maver.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/ad/fullj.664678ca018fe491fb2829b0f90efec2/664678ca018fe491fb2829b0f90efec2-getty-113269447mw084_dallas_maver.jpg

Ghazi
05-03-2011, 12:08 PM
:lol :Lmao

Sportstudi
05-03-2011, 12:15 PM
flawed analysis...you have zero basis for saying Dirk has a high BBall IQ other than the fact he's German and 7 ft tall...there's nothing special about the run and gun offense in which Dallas operate. Gasol on the other-hand plays in the TRI and we all know the intricacies of learning the TRI...so we can safely surmise that the high IQ portion for Gasol is accurate.

more of your flawed analysis...Dirk is better offensively because he has more range...and yet he's never been able to use that range ( when it counts) to his teams advantage. The truth is that Gasol is the better offensive and defensive player. Dirk has 3 point range but Gasol is the better low-post and all around offensive player..Gasol is ambidextrous..he can go with either hand and has an array of moves...Dirk is basically a one trick pony...

more more more more of your flawed analysis....

Gasol was 1st option prior to 08 and the only difference in teams success was overall talent. Dirk has always had a much better supporting cast while Gasol was in Memphis...The real problem in Dallas is that Dirk is masquerading as a 1st option player when he's really not. Dirk would have way more success if he played second banana much like Gasol is right now...however, I don't think Kobe-Dirk combo would be effective as Kobe-Gasol simply because Dirk is way more of a Pussy than Gasol ever was or will be. Dirk is a bitch and I don't say that lightly and I'm not being biased...he would completely fold against KG, Perk, Shaq, Dwight, or any other big man... Gasol has proven that he can hold his own...

Gasol all day and tomorrow over Dirk....now that's real talk...LeHeat...:lol

Epic fail :lmao:lmao:lmao

greensborohill
05-03-2011, 02:22 PM
lock the thread. There is nothing more to discuss here. Just epic fail for 35 dumb fucks that voted for Choke-Daddy Gasol.

sefant77
05-03-2011, 02:39 PM
No, change it to Pau or Marc Gasol and Pau still lose :lol

badfish22
05-03-2011, 02:39 PM
http://www.greensboronorthcarolinarealestate.biz/images/greensboroskyline.jpg

http://www.brunswick.k12.me.us/bjh/depart/curric/landforms/images/hill.gif

greensborohill
05-03-2011, 02:43 PM
http://www.greensboronorthcarolinarealestate.biz/images/greensboroskyline.jpg

http://www.brunswick.k12.me.us/bjh/depart/curric/landforms/images/hill.gif

Nice one

stretch
05-03-2011, 03:14 PM

Not so sure about this because of the fact that the Lakers have Bynum, and Bynum isn't a total poon like Gasol. He's not quite as naturally talented, but hes more of a powering, pure post presence on both ends of the court. Can you imagine the offensive versatility that they would have with Kobe, Odom, Dirk, and Bynum? :wow You would have a big man and a guard with elite perimeter scoring ability, a center with close to elite interior scoring ability, and a do-it-all guy who can clean up for them.

NewcastleKEG
05-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Okay glad to see this is an old poll because Dirk is the best player in the series

JamStone
05-03-2011, 05:20 PM
I'm pretty sure I said that Pau with his overall game had surpassed Dirk.

I'm dumb. Sometimes "having balls" and "being a pussy" is hard to gauge and factor into the equation.

Still I'm dumb.

Jodelo
05-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Not so sure about this because of the fact that the Lakers have Bynum, and Bynum isn't a total poon like Gasol. He's not quite as naturally talented, but hes more of a powering, pure post presence on both ends of the court. Can you imagine the offensive versatility that they would have with Kobe, Odom, Dirk, and Bynum? :wow You would have a big man and a guard with elite perimeter scoring ability, a center with close to elite interior scoring ability, and a do-it-all guy who can clean up for them.

Now you only need 3-4 balls allowed and itīs good!

HarlemHeat37
05-03-2011, 07:11 PM
Bynum has been a complete non-factor during his career..his contributions to the Lakers titles have been very minimal..I don't see how you can argue that..

IronMexican
05-03-2011, 07:12 PM
I'm pretty sure I said that Pau with his overall game had surpassed Dirk.

I'm dumb. Sometimes "having balls" and "being a pussy" is hard to gauge and factor into the equation.

Still I'm dumb.

Bad opinions happen son. As long as you can admit you're wrong, I don't get mad. lol a poor man's Rashard Lewis. rememba det one?

Giuseppe
05-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Bynum has been a complete non-factor during his career..his contributions to the Lakers titles have been very minimal..I don't see how you can argue that..

Without him we don't win last June. It's that simple.

Maybe in '09 as well, but, Gasol was so rabid by then we were destined.

Mavillionaire
05-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Dirk: 50

Gasol: 35

Greg Oden
05-03-2011, 08:03 PM
Bad opinions happen son. As long as you can admit you're wrong, I don't get mad. lol a poor man's Rashard Lewis. rememba det one?

who was that a reference to?

janetcn12
05-03-2011, 08:14 PM
None..Spurs

JamStone
05-03-2011, 10:32 PM
who was that a reference to?

I said Kevin Durant was a rich man's Rashard Lewis, not poor man's. But regardless, I didn't think Durant was going to turn out as this potent a scorer. I saw a skinny kid who heavily relied on his jump shooting ability, and didn't excel at any other aspect (rebounding, defending, playmaking, etc) other than scoring. Seems like his scoring ability is so great that being great at anything else is irrelevant.

Ask mono about my comment that Tom Gugliotta was a superstar...

I've said plenty of stupid shit. But like pedo up there suggested, I got no problem owning up to my own stupidity.

Axe Murderer
05-03-2011, 10:35 PM
i didn't think JamStone was ever wrong tbh

Greg Oden
05-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Having an opinion that turned out wrong about Durant isn't anything to be ashamed of. Plenty of people were wrong about him, even UT nuthuggers.

HarlemHeat37
05-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Rich man's Rashard Lewis isn't really that stupid IMO..

Lewis was once an All-Star..a "rich man's" version would obviously imply that you're referring to a superstar, which Durant is..

Kyle Orton
05-03-2011, 10:40 PM
rememba det UT nuthugger in the NFL forum who tried to claim most teams wanted Durant over Oden in 2007?

Greg Oden
05-03-2011, 10:41 PM
rememba det UT nuthugger in the NFL forum who tried to claim most teams wanted Durant over Oden in 2007?

I'm pretty sure it was that retard Nathan Explosion. Obviously since Durant turned out to be a better pro means he should've been taken #1 in 07.

Kyle Orton
05-03-2011, 10:42 PM
:lol it was Nathan Explosion now that you mention it. "Greg Oden has a leg 1.5 inches longer than the other leg bro! Most teams didn't want anything to do with him in 2007!"

IronMexican
05-03-2011, 10:48 PM
I said Kevin Durant was a rich man's Rashard Lewis, not poor man's.

My bad brah.

greensborohill
05-04-2011, 07:26 AM
lol, Gasol hasn't gotten a single vote since this was bumped. It was 40 to 35 Dirk, 19-0 since. . . kinda like the 4th quarter scoring from game 1!!

Sportstudi
05-04-2011, 08:56 AM
lol, Gasol hasn't gotten a single vote since this was bumped. It was 40 to 35 Dirk, 19-0 since. . . kinda like the 4th quarter scoring from game 1!!

Actually, it was 35 to 35. I read the thread directly after it was bumped.

endrity
05-05-2011, 12:20 AM
This should be deleted right?

lefty
05-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Lol

ezau
05-05-2011, 12:37 AM
At least Duncan beat Dirk a number of times in the playoffs haha.

dallaskd
05-05-2011, 12:40 AM
lol gasol

Greg Oden
05-06-2011, 11:54 PM
this thread gets better as time goes on.

endrity
05-06-2011, 11:59 PM
This thread should become a sticky, and every homer should read it once or twice before deciding to write and praise one of their players.

Blouses
05-07-2011, 12:04 AM
Dirk - 69...

prolly with Pau's ex-fiance...

dirk4mvp
05-08-2011, 07:40 PM
this thread gets better as time goes on.

agree

greensborohill
05-08-2011, 08:30 PM
Dirk vs. Pau in the playoffs: 8 - 0

Mav-elous Man
05-09-2011, 08:41 AM
This shouldn't have been a debate to begin with.

Giuseppe
05-09-2011, 08:47 AM
This shouldn't have been a debate to begin with.

If Dirk hadn't a fled the side door in Miami 5 Summers ago you'd have a case.

dirk4mvp
05-09-2011, 08:48 AM
That same Dirk againt Pau: 8-0

ha, ha

Giuseppe
05-09-2011, 08:50 AM
That same Dirk againt Pau: 8-0

ha, ha

You have a choice:::Dirk with 2 rings, or, Dirk with 8-0 over Gasol.

Yep, that's what I thought.

dirk4mvp
05-09-2011, 08:52 AM
cool smiley.

Giuseppe
05-09-2011, 08:54 AM
cool smiley.

It was a default. I didn't do it.

Muser
05-09-2011, 08:54 AM
:lol :lol Cuban paying Shawn Marion 33 million the next 4 years while Barnes makes about 4m over the next 2.

What a retarded fucking owner Cuban is :lmao

lol Barnes

Giuseppe
05-09-2011, 08:59 AM
lol Barnes

Afore we let Cuban off the hook, let's see if Marion can finish it. Otherwise, he's a shoe shinin' SOB.

Mav-elous Man
05-09-2011, 09:03 AM
If Dirk hadn't a fled the side door in Miami 5 Summers ago you'd have a case.

Look at who Pau had in LA and look who Dirk had. When Pau was in Memphis, he couldnt do shit. Terry just hit another 3.

Spur-Addict
05-09-2011, 09:09 AM
I wonder if _irk4-most-likely-to-lose-to-an-8th-seed realizes that _irk is an imitation big man? Until his balls descend like most men, the Mavwrecks aren't doing jack shit. Nothing to see here. :wakeup

Those balls sure dropped and made a massive imprint on the foreheads of Pau (once again), Lamar, and Bynum.

Brrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooooommm :lol

Giuseppe
05-09-2011, 09:10 AM
Look at who Pau had in LA and look who Dirk had. When Pau was in Memphis, he couldnt do shit. Terry just hit another 3.

That's an excuse. Dirk let the Heat run him off. Let's see if he can finish it this time around, or, he's just squattin' on the plain again.

Maybe if enough asshats tell him he "deserves a ring" he'll act like somebody.

Giuseppe
05-09-2011, 09:11 AM
Those balls sure dropped and made a massive imprint on the foreheads of Pau (once again), Lamar, and Bynum.

Brrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooooommm :lol

You showed us the way with The Skunker. Danka.

Spur-Addict
05-09-2011, 09:16 AM
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/16999/NiggaPlease.png