PDA

View Full Version : Observation from last night's game...

SequSpur
10-31-2010, 09:13 PM
Smith and Thornton make half of what Matt Bonner makes and can contribute to the win column....

what a fucking nightmare....

spurs management sucks ass.

Blackjack
10-31-2010, 09:20 PM
Spurs suck balls. Period.

The "period" is being devalued, tbh.

TE
10-31-2010, 09:24 PM
sequspur, you must suck at life.

smeagol
10-31-2010, 09:30 PM

Sequ's is not a bad take, especially coming from a guys who likes his Chips Ahoy . . .

SequSpur
10-31-2010, 09:55 PM

watch a game...

TwelveGs210
10-31-2010, 10:07 PM
change the record bro

koriwhat
10-31-2010, 11:46 PM
green was tearing us up as was west.

Oh, Gee!!
10-31-2010, 11:48 PM
who won? what's the record so far? you have to excuse for not giving a shit this early in the season.

urunobili
11-01-2010, 12:11 AM
Sequ goes to Spurs games more often than 90% of the posters in here... I think y'all should give the guy some props for his observations from time to time...

Matches Malone
11-01-2010, 01:02 AM

He might suck in life, but when he is right...damn he is.
Sequ, you hit it in the head there.
Sometimes, I think the Spurs FO is a charity organization for holding/having held on people like Matt Bonner, Michael Finley, and some others.

DeadlyDynasty
11-01-2010, 01:19 AM
He might suck in life, but when he is right...damn he is.
Sequ, you hit it in the head there.
Sometimes, I think the Spurs FO is a charity organization for holding/having held on people like Matt Bonner, Michael Finley, and some others.

Since when is taking care of our senior citizens a bad thing?

Chieflion
11-01-2010, 01:51 AM
Since when is taking care of our senior citizens a bad thing?

It's better to take care of the kids, tbh.

buttsR4rebounding
11-01-2010, 02:17 AM
Smith and Thornton make half of what Matt Bonner makes and can contribute to the win column....

what a fucking nightmare....

spurs management sucks ass.

Hey, I hear there is an opening for SequMav!

admiralsnackbar
11-01-2010, 02:25 AM
Sequ goes to Spurs games more often than 90% of the posters in here... I think y'all should give the guy some props for his observations from time to time...

That's like saying rich people are smarter brcause they have better seats. Sequ may watch lots of games, but his takes are so piss-poor he may as well be sitting baseline at the halfcourt with a bullshit tree by his side.

spurspokesman
11-01-2010, 03:03 AM
That's like saying rich people are smarter brcause they have better seats. Sequ may watch lots of games, but his takes are so piss-poor he may as well be sitting baseline at the halfcourt with a bullshit tree by his side.

That may or may not be admiral but I have to side with sequ on thiis one. I don't cry over spilled milk but for what they pay bonner some guys are giving there teams twice the production at half the pay. Ditto with RJ although I am convinced he is gonna do at least a 180 degree turn. Maybe 360. But I support them because they are spurs.

GSH
11-01-2010, 07:20 AM
Dammit, Sequ - if you want to bash on Bonner, do it. But if you're going to compare his salary to Thornton and Smith, you might at least take into account that both of those guys are still playing on their rookie scale contracts. No shit they cost less than Bonner.

You would expect Thornton and Smith to be decent players. Both were first round picks. (Thornton was 21st, and Smith was 20th.) Bonner was the 45th pick overall. The Spurs have only had two picks as high as 20 since 1993. Anderson this year (20th) and Tim Duncan.

If anyone should be bitching about this, it's New Orleans. Jason Smith is getting paid twice as much as George Hill or DaJuan Blair, and those guys both kick ass compared to him. So what? They're all rookie scale contracts. [Edit: Blair's contract isn't "scale", but it is still a rookie deal structured like a scale contract. In before flame.]

And just for the record, Bonner's stats in his first two seasons were a hell of a lot better than Smith's. Smith is a 7-footer and plays in the middle, and Bonner pulls down more boards than he does. You don't like Bonner - I get that. But you can't completely throw away their stat lines, either. If Smith was on this team, a bunch of people would be bitching about him just as loud.

Thornton was the SEC Player of the Year, and a first round pick. He put up 14.5 PPG in his rookie season, and probably will again this year. When his rookie contract is up, he'll be getting paid what he's worth. Maybe our 20 pick will work out just as well for us. I'm sure we'll be glad to pay him more, if he does.

rascal
11-01-2010, 11:38 AM
That may or may not be admiral but I have to side with sequ on thiis one. I don't cry over spilled milk but for what they pay bonner some guys are giving there teams twice the production at half the pay. Ditto with RJ although I am convinced he is gonna do at least a 180 degree turn. Maybe 360. But I support them because they are spurs.

If he did a 360 he would be the same.

Whisky Dog
11-01-2010, 12:08 PM
The bonner contract was a waste because the guy brings nothing of value over a cheaper option in his place. That said, Thornton is going to be making a lot more than Bonner once he gets extended

will_spurs
11-01-2010, 12:34 PM
If he did a 360 he would be the same.

In the immortal words of Jason Kidd... :lol

SequSpur
11-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Dammit, Sequ - if you want to bash on Bonner, do it. But if you're going to compare his salary to Thornton and Smith, you might at least take into account that both of those guys are still playing on their rookie scale contracts. No shit they cost less than Bonner.

You would expect Thornton and Smith to be decent players. Both were first round picks. (Thornton was 21st, and Smith was 20th.) Bonner was the 45th pick overall. The Spurs have only had two picks as high as 20 since 1993. Anderson this year (20th) and Tim Duncan.

If anyone should be bitching about this, it's New Orleans. Jason Smith is getting paid twice as much as George Hill or DaJuan Blair, and those guys both kick ass compared to him. So what? They're all rookie scale contracts. [Edit: Blair's contract isn't "scale", but it is still a rookie deal structured like a scale contract. In before flame.]

And just for the record, Bonner's stats in his first two seasons were a hell of a lot better than Smith's. Smith is a 7-footer and plays in the middle, and Bonner pulls down more boards than he does. You don't like Bonner - I get that. But you can't completely throw away their stat lines, either. If Smith was on this team, a bunch of people would be bitching about him just as loud.

Thornton was the SEC Player of the Year, and a first round pick. He put up 14.5 PPG in his rookie season, and probably will again this year. When his rookie contract is up, he'll be getting paid what he's worth. Maybe our 20 pick will work out just as well for us. I'm sure we'll be glad to pay him more, if he does.

This guy gets it...Thanks for the post...

SequSpur
11-01-2010, 05:23 PM

piss-poor?

What is your take then....

Dex
11-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Matt Bonner did not play in the last game, and the Spurs lost.

Is Matt Bonner the key to the Spurs success?

AlleyOopNazi
11-01-2010, 05:33 PM
fair weather fan?