PDA

View Full Version : Rasho?

SpursFanDan
05-22-2005, 08:09 PM
He needs to take advantage of the minutes that he gets, sure he only played four minutes,... but in that short time span he seemed to be playing in slow motion... Slow to rotate.. slow to rebound... he seemed to be in quicksand. I'd like to blame it on the fast pace of the suns that kept him from getting into any kind of rhythm... he knows hes going to get limited minutes so that alone should of motivated him.

Chris
05-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Are you looking for him to score points? -because thats not what he's in there for. My only problem with Rasho is he has butter fingers at times and he doesn't use his body aggresively as a center should.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-22-2005, 08:14 PM
he seemed to be in quicksand.

I'm not trying to be an ass when I say this, but it's not like Rasho has ever been known for being fast.

SpursFanDan
who said anything about points?... I think I used words like rotate..and rebound.

SpursFanDan
I'm not trying to be an ass when I say this, but it's not like Rasho has ever been known for being fast.

this is true.

timvp
05-22-2005, 08:15 PM
Rasho with a Four Trillion.

Sweet.

:smokin

Dre_7
05-22-2005, 08:16 PM
Rasho just doesnt work against the Suns, IMO. He will be very valuable against DET or MIA, but he just cant do anything against PHX. Nazr needs to stay outa foul trouble. He was on his way to a 13pt 15reb game before he had to sit.

SpursFanDan
05-22-2005, 08:17 PM
Rasho just doesnt work against the Suns, IMO. He will be very valuable against DET or MIA, but he just cant do anything against PHX. Nazr needs to stay outa foul trouble. He was on his way to a 13pt 15reb game before he had to sit.

good point.

Chris
05-22-2005, 08:18 PM
Didn't he have a career high 21 points against the Suns this season? Or was that last season?

T Park
05-22-2005, 08:19 PM
bad matchup.

That simple.

SpursFanDan
05-22-2005, 08:20 PM
Hes still a good defender... I hope he gets more minutes next game.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-22-2005, 08:21 PM
Rasho is a Nazr Mohammed contract extension and Luis Scola signing this summer away from being off to another team for a long, athletic SF.

Dre_7
05-22-2005, 08:21 PM
bad matchup.

That simple.

Which is what I was saying, in less words. :)

If we get MIA (Which I highly doubt) he will be VERY VALUABLE against Shaq.
If we get DET (Which is what will happen!!) he will be big for us on the boards against Big Ben!

I actually would rather play MIA in the Finals, DET is alot better!

Chris
05-22-2005, 08:28 PM
Which is what I was saying, in less words. :)

If we get MIA (Which I highly doubt) he will be VERY VALUABLE against Shaq.
If we get DET (Which is what will happen!!) he will be big for us on the boards against Big Ben!

I actually would rather play MIA in the Finals, DET is alot better!

I wholeheartedly agree here. Everyone is quick to jump on Shaq and Wade's nuts. Defending champions will beat the Heat in 6 unfortunately.

T Park
05-22-2005, 08:35 PM
Didn't he have a career high 21 points against the Suns this season

no his career high, wich will prob never get surpassed, was against the Spurs in 98.

T Park
05-22-2005, 08:36 PM
Rasho is a Nazr Mohammed contract extension and Luis Scola signing this summer away from being off to another team for a long, athletic SF

so your back to having 1 long center again.

Makes sense.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-22-2005, 08:40 PM
Well you're smoking something if you think we'll keep Rasho on and Nazr. Nazr is going to cost some coin to re-sign, and if they can get a 6'8-6'10" Scola in here too, Rasho is gonezo.

You've got Javtokas out there too, plus who knows what other Euro we've got tucked away or are waiting to draft.

The future of the league is in more of the Amare Stoudemire types than the Shaq types, you've got to adapt and have long, athletic big man.

All signs in those situations point to Rasho been the odd man out.

T Park
05-22-2005, 08:45 PM
6'8-6'10" Scola in here too

scola aint even CLOSE to 6 10.

6'6 6'7 more than likely.

You've got Javtokas out there too

javtokas stinks.

that being said if Scola, and any other big man they can find is adaptable and good, then trading Rasho is fine with me.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-22-2005, 08:48 PM
By most accounts I've Scola is 6'8", which was good enough to make life for Team USA hell.

I don't need Javtokas to play 40 minutes a game, just give us 5-10 minutes off the bench to rest Nazr or Tim.

angel_luv
05-22-2005, 08:49 PM
MY poor, sweet Rasho.

I used to think signing a guy for x number of years meant he would spend them with us. I learned the hard way ( with Malik) that isn't true.

I wonder if it is enough for the guys that all their contracts reallu guarentee are their salary. I don't think there is any thing that could make up for lack of stability and losing good friends. But that may just be me.

If ( God forbid) Rasho does get traded, I hope he either goes to New York or Orlando. At least then he'd be with family.

HB22inSA
05-22-2005, 08:59 PM
Don't worry, Angel, Rasho won't be going anywhere.

angel_luv
05-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Here's hoping! () =)

Chris
05-23-2005, 11:21 PM
Rasho has droughts like this.

He's had them before in previous seasons.

Then he scores 20+ points and gets 4-5 blocks 10 rebounds on any given night.

Plus he's playing injured -sprained his foot twice this season.

P.S. Naz won't cost much.

Kori Ellis
05-23-2005, 11:25 PM
P.S. Naz won't cost much.

He already makes over $5M/year. It's not going to cost less than that to re-sign him.

timvp
05-23-2005, 11:27 PM
Nazr's bidding will start at around $45M.

timvp
05-23-2005, 11:30 PM
The funny thing about Rasho is a I hated him since the Spurs signed him up until like two weeks before he got injured. At that point, I thought he had finally turned the corner and was showing some energy.

Then he got energy and now he's buried on the bench. I almost feel sorry for him.

Tek_XX
05-24-2005, 01:45 AM
Rasho will be back with a vengence next year

johnny00
05-24-2005, 09:54 AM
The Rumblin' Bumblin' Stumblin Slovenien will be back.

I don't know how vengeful he'll be but he will be back.

fraga
05-24-2005, 09:58 AM
Rasho....oh...you mean Frankenstein...

Fouled Out
05-24-2005, 10:06 AM
I have seen that in Rasho also, he is slow, and sometimes plays way out of the paint area. I wish I could glue his shoes in the paint area. He lacks aggression and is slow to help on the weak side at times allowing Suns easy lay up's and points, I would rather see Massenberg than Rasho. Massenberg is aggresive and blocks shots, always in the paint area, waiting for someone to cut to the hoop. I would like to see more of Devin Brown getting more minutes. Put Brown for Beno at times.

Fouled Out
05-24-2005, 10:16 AM
So what do you all think

T Park
05-24-2005, 10:31 AM
I have seen that in Rasho also, he is slow, and sometimes plays way out of the paint area. I wish I could glue his shoes in the paint area. He lacks aggression and is slow to help on the weak side at times allowing Suns easy lay up's and points, I would rather see Massenberg than Rasho. Massenberg is aggresive and blocks shots, always in the paint area, waiting for someone to cut to the hoop. I would like to see more of Devin Brown getting more minutes. Put Brown for Beno at times.

have you watched 1 game this year/??

Terrible help side defense??

Thats what hes GREAT at. If there is 1 thing Nesterovic does, its defend and block shots, thats all he has goin for him.

Massenburg does NOT block shots, once again, have you watched a game this year.

Devin Brown is hurt, hes not getting more minutes.

T Park
05-24-2005, 10:33 AM
6 years 45 mill???

sign him up now.

kskonn
05-24-2005, 10:43 AM
I don't know that TMass has been a shot blocker this season. He brings a toughness that our other bigs don't bring but I think you lose shot blocking when you bring Tmass in to the game.

I don't think now is the time to start working Devin back in to the line up. The last time he got minutes he really disrupted the flow of the offense.

I agree with TIMVP that Nazr bidding will start at 45mil. But in my opinion it might even go higher, much higher if he continues to improve. He played much better than Dampier so far in the playoffs, and Dampier makes a lot of money. Nazr might take a little less money to stay with the spurs but he won't take less than what he already makes, IMO.

fraga
05-24-2005, 10:51 AM
I'd rather see the Mass out there punishing people...he's more of a menacing figure...more so then Frakenstein...

kskonn
05-24-2005, 11:16 AM
I would rather see Rasho out there blocking shots, to me that is the best kind of punishment for coming in the lane.

nkdlunch
05-24-2005, 11:21 AM
Rasho will be necessary vs. Heat/Pisstons big men. Y'all will love him then

Fouled Out
05-24-2005, 12:01 PM
Well I hope he pulls threw, This is the playoff now TPARK, Rasho is slower than a turtle, this is when it counts not during the season. You know the chances of the Spurs making the playoff is always 90%. You block shots NOW. It looks bad during the playoffs in front of the medina. He looks slow dude. I would not sign NAZI for 45mill. !!! Are you crazy, what the hell has he done, he has no ring just barely proving himself this year. Come On man, for that amount I would have rather signed DANIELS or JACKSON for that amount now that we know both players are still productive. Don't be so quick to judge a player cause of 1 year, you sign him then what? Oh, I can kick it now I got all this money. OH Yeah, PROVE IT!!!!!!!

bigbendbruisebrother
05-24-2005, 12:14 PM
Can't we just pin a permanent "Where's Rasho?" thread to the top of this forum? It gets confusing trying to keep up with them all.

ChumpDumper
05-24-2005, 02:42 PM
Massenberg is aggresive and blocks shotsMaybe 20 all year?
I would not sign NAZI for 45mill. !!! Are you crazy, what the hell has he done, he has no ring just barely proving himself this year. Come On man, for that amount I would have rather signed DANIELS or JACKSON for that amount now that we know both players are still productiveYou want those guys to play center for us? Centers cost money. Period.

kskonn
05-24-2005, 02:42 PM
Well I hope he pulls threw, This is the playoff now TPARK, Rasho is slower than a turtle, this is when it counts not during the season. You know the chances of the Spurs making the playoff is always 90%. You block shots NOW. It looks bad during the playoffs in front of the medina. He looks slow dude. I would not sign NAZI for 45mill. !!! Are you crazy, what the hell has he done, he has no ring just barely proving himself this year. Come On man, for that amount I would have rather signed DANIELS or JACKSON for that amount now that we know both players are still productive. Don't be so quick to judge a player cause of 1 year, you sign him then what? Oh, I can kick it now I got all this money. OH Yeah, PROVE IT!!!!!!!

I know you are not included in the group I am about to mention, but most people on this forum judged Nazr when he had only been here a couple of games, some a couplee of weeks. Why is this any different? What Nazr has done is shown the potential to be a very quality big man. There are a lot of teams that will offer big money for someone with the Potential to be a quality big man. It may not be the smartest move. For example I could see a team like Dallas or seattle offering some money for a Nazr like player.

Fouled Out
05-24-2005, 02:56 PM
I know you are not included in the group I am about to mention, but most people on this forum judged Nazr when he had only been here a couple of games, some a couplee of weeks. Why is this any different? What Nazr has done is shown the potential to be a very quality big man. There are a lot of teams that will offer big money for someone with the Potential to be a quality big man. It may not be the smartest move. For example I could see a team like Dallas or seattle offering some money for a Nazr like player.

O.K. then how much would you pay him?

kskonn
05-24-2005, 03:42 PM
If it were my decision to make.. I would try to extend him out on what he is making now with some performance incentives built in to the contract. I definitely would not go top dollar with him since we do have rasho. I might sign him and use him to trade for a very solid forward. I think the spurs could get a premium on his trade value since the leauge is lacking quality big men, especially in the Eastern conference. But honestly if he continues to perform the way he has in the playoffs I would not think that 6 years for 45 million is out of the question. I would hope the spurs would come in around 6 for 36, who knows he may take it just to keep playing in a situation that he knows he can thrive in.

wildbill2u
05-24-2005, 04:04 PM
I know he was hurt late in the season, but he looks like the featured player in "The Corpse of Frankenstein" the other night.

Is this some "Mittel Europa" thing that happens to Slovenians around the full moon or what?