PDA

View Full Version : New nickname for Lakers’ new bench: The Renegades

duncan228
11-01-2010, 02:24 PM
New nickname for Lakers’ new bench: The Renegades (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-lakers-therenegades)
By Greg Beacham

This must be another coaching record for Phil Jackson. Just one week into the regular season, he has already minted a catchy nickname for the Los Angeles Lakers’ revamped group of reserves.

Meet the Renegades. They’re the reason the two-time NBA champions might be a whole lot better this season.

Newcomers Steve Blake, Matt Barnes and Theo Ratliff have joined returnees Shannon Brown and Sasha Vujacic on a bench that already looks exponentially more reliable than last season’s collection of castoffs and underachievers. What’s more, they’re still planning to add injured Luke Walton and sixth man Lamar Odom, currently a fill-in starter.

“I like the way this group is coming together,” Jackson said. “They have the potential to be very special.”

The Lakers were top-heavy during their two title runs, but this team appears to have enviable balance.

The unimpressive likes of Adam Morrison, Jordan Farmar and DJ Mbenga have been replaced by three tough NBA veterans with 29 combined seasons of experience. Blake, Barnes and Ratliff are former starters who swallowed their egos for the chance to join Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol in another championship chase.

“Our bench is very solid, very solid,” Bryant said after Sunday’s 107-83 win over Golden State, moving the Lakers to 3-0. “They rarely make mistakes. They stay within the structure, and they play well together.”

They also add hunger: None of the three newcomers has a championship ring, and all three looked on in envy when the nine returning Lakers received the spoils of last season’s toils during last week’s ring ceremony.

“Everybody knows that’s the reason we’re here, and that’s the reason I chose the Lakers,” said Barnes, the hard-nosed swingman and longtime Kobe antagonist who is becoming a confidante to the two-time finals MVP.

Although Jackson slapped a couple of nicknames on his reserves during the last two title runs—the Bench Mob, and later the Minutemen—their struggles often forced the starters to play heavy minutes. Jackson already displays more confidence in his new bench, which scored 55 points in the Lakers’ first two games before logging major minutes in the blowout win over the Warriors.

“You can probably be a starter somewhere and not have a chance to play for a championship, or you can go to a situation where you have an opportunity to win,” said Blake, the Lakers’ most capable backup to point guard Derek Fisher in several years. “That’s what they did in Miami, and that’s what we’re doing here, on a little different scale.”

Blake hit the go-ahead 3-pointer and made a last-second defensive stop in the season-opening win over Houston, while Brown added 16 points in a flurry of outside shots from an acrobatic dunker with a rapidly evolving game. Brown has largely supplanted Vujacic as Bryant’s backup.

Sure, they can play—but what about this new nickname? Jackson hasn’t spelled it out, but it’s clear he hopes to instill a restless, aggressive spirit in the group. The reserves all love it, although Barnes also likes Lakers TV analyst Stu Lantz’s “Killer B’s” sobriquet for Blake, Brown and himself.

The common theme among the Renegades is hunger. While the 37-year-old Ratliff and Blake already have made good money, they need a ring to complete their well-traveled careers. Barnes and Brown are still chasing that big contract, and they believe it’s easier to get when you’re a winner.

Eager second-round draft picks Devin Ebanks and Derrick Caracter are also around to carry luggage and push the veterans in practice—and don’t forget, Odom will be back in charge of the bench when center Andrew Bynum recovers from offseason knee surgery, likely around Thanksgiving.

“We have guys this year that are accepting of their roles, and they’re professionals,” said Odom, who is averaging 16 points and 13.7 rebounds in an outstanding start. “They’re going to police themselves out there. If we can get something from 1 through 12, we can be even better.”

Odom didn’t mention Farmar by name, but the UCLA guard wasn’t content winning two rings while backing up Fisher. Proclaiming he deserved to be a starter, he left the Lakers for New Jersey—where he’s a backup again, but for a much worse team.

“This year, I think we have better chemistry, in terms of the pieces fitting better together coming off the bench,” Jackson said. “I knew as soon as we signed those free agents that we would be better, just because you know what they bring. You know what those pieces are going to look like.”

history2b
11-01-2010, 02:27 PM
And if you don't know now you know, nigga, Uh.

lefty
11-01-2010, 02:27 PM
LMAO at the Sasha Vujacic mention :lol

But that bench is impressive: Odom, Blake, Barnes, Ratliff, Brown

Damn

Xylus
11-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Laker fans: I'm not sure what you guys expect from Matt Barnes, but I guarantee you he will not live up to your expectations. He's a dumb player. He might even lose games for you. Biggest idiot in the NBA.

Steve Blake, though, that's a solid pickup.

21_Blessings
11-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Laker fans: I'm not sure what you guys expect from Matt Barnes, but I guarantee you he will not live up to your expectations. He's a dumb player. He might even lose games for you. Biggest idiot in the NBA.

Except he's already exceeded expectations and has been a key factor in two wins thus far.

I've seen much bigger idiots in the NBA. The LA version of Barnes crashes the O boards with ferocity and plays extremely unselfishly. Nice try, though.

Xylus
11-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Except he's already exceeded expectations and has been a key factor in two wins thus far.

I've seen much bigger idiots in the NBA. The LA version of Barnes crashes the O boards with ferocity and plays extremely unselfishly. Nice try, though.

He's always starts off well, but by the end of the season, you guys will want him gone.

21_Blessings
11-01-2010, 02:43 PM
but by the end of the season, you guys will want him gone.

Doubful considering the what the Lakers are paying him.

He's playing under a coach that's seen it all and in a system where he seems to have found his niche.

The worst he could do is get ejected for throwing some cheap shots and that's exactly what the Lakers brought him in for and won't mind that at all with how deep they are at the 3

As long he's crashing the boards and hustling Barnes has a home in LA. :lol

j.dizzle
11-01-2010, 02:46 PM
[/URL]Gdz3StIpErw[URL="http://spurstalk.com/forums/%3Cobject%20width="] (http://spurstalk.com/forums/%3Cobject%20width=)

Giuseppe
11-01-2010, 02:47 PM

2b, gloriously oblivious to the concept of mercy.

- "Oh, Creed is spitting up blood now."

Giuseppe
11-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Doubful considering the what the Lakers are paying him.

He's playing under a coach that's seen it all and in a system where he seems to have found his niche.

The worst he could do is get ejected for throwing some cheap shots and that's exactly what the Lakers brought him in for and won't mind that at all with how deep they are at the 3

As long he's crashing the boards and hustling Barnes has a home in LA. :lol

He's everything that Luva said he'd be.

Ashy Larry
11-01-2010, 02:49 PM
make sure you don't forget about the passing skills and mental abilities of legendary Luke Walton

Giuseppe
11-01-2010, 02:50 PM
....namesake of the dearly departed.

history2b
11-01-2010, 03:03 PM

I can easily live and die with his decision making as I am familiar with his volatile nature.

Since Luke Walton was the only viable SF on the bench all last season (Adam Morrison did not count) I am pleased to see an energetic, active, ball hawking, defensive minded guy out there playing with the unit that seeks to increase tempo and energy anyway. Thus far he's done well and even if he does make a bad play or two here and there it doesn't negate the positives he brings to the table.

j.dizzle
11-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Son, we needed a scrappy player like Barnes coming off our bench that could grab some boards & make some cuts.. Sorry but Barnes >>>>>>> Luke " high basketball IQ" Walton & Adam Morrison hahaha. We dont have that cancer Farmar either anymore so they're actually playing as a team now instead of chucking up shots with 20 seconds left on the clock. Barnes, Blake & Brown already have some good chemistry & when Odom rejoins the bench its gonna be some fun shit to watch.

21_Blessings
11-01-2010, 03:21 PM
What's hilarious is the bench is going to be that much better when Bynum comes back.

Christ, is the NBA supremely fucked or what.

j.dizzle
11-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Once Bynum returns, most games vs avg teams will already be over after the 1st quarter or halftime. They were up 20 after 1 yesterday & they looked like they were not even trying. Whats scary is that this is the deepest team LA has had in a while & they just went back 2 back. Stackkkked I tell ya hahahaha

hater
11-01-2010, 03:40 PM
:lol at Sasha, Rattliff, Walton

and when has Blake accomplished anything?

you know damn well your bench lives and dies by the Kardasian

ohmwrecker
11-01-2010, 03:43 PM
ReneGAYdes

Giuseppe
11-01-2010, 03:44 PM
What's hilarious is the bench is going to be that much better when Bynum comes back.

The former.

TheManFromAcme
11-01-2010, 04:10 PM
With this well balanced Laker corp, complacency will be their only enemy this year.

Giuseppe
11-01-2010, 04:18 PM
It's like a dream come true, Acme.

Medvedenko
11-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Yes, the Renegades have been regulating so far. The potential is there and it seems like the ego's have been set aside left to fend for themselves. Still, a long season it is and I see each member having stints of glory and stints of slivers. I expect Sasha to be better than he's showing right now and will vie for minutes with Shanwow. I can't complain though. Hell, even Ratfliff is playing, hitting boards and checking assholes as my bro G-iusepe likes to say.

Quit Hatin'
11-01-2010, 05:24 PM

the right system and winning changes everything. blake and barnes fit right in and seems like they been here for years.

DeadlyDynasty
11-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Injuries are the only thing that can take this Laker team down...they're just too deep and talented

Medvedenko
11-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Injuries are the only thing that can take this Laker team down...they're just too deep and talented

I agree DD. This team is reminding me of the early 2000 lakers. Even when they lost games, it seems like they were coasting a little, and when it matters could turn it up and flip that switch. This is these Lakers now. Battle tested and no need for antibiotics.

Killakobe81
11-01-2010, 05:42 PM
I aint planning no 6th man of the year awards for the guy but here is what Barnes brings:

Toughness, hustle, athleticism and great cutting off the ball. Yes, he has already made a couple of dumb plays ...but we lacked a some speed and at SF he brings a decent amount of it.

Thing i like most about blake he is a a PG that has a mindset of Jkidd. (Of course he is no where near as good as Kidd) but he doesnt pound the rock even fisher over dribbles in comparison, he keeps the ball moving and runs the triangle better than Farmar (who was in the system for over 3 years) ... despite having less talent.

Killakobe81
11-01-2010, 05:45 PM
no remember, i am already calling a loss to Sacto or Memphis this week. I hope they prove me wrong but either way ...still appy with our bench.

I think Phil did learn a valuable lesson as good as they are they need a post player. Pau or Odom will need to play with the Renegades or they will struggle to score.

DeadlyDynasty
11-01-2010, 05:53 PM
I agree DD. This team is reminding me of the early 2000 lakers. Even when they lost games, it seems like they were coasting a little, and when it matters could turn it up and flip that switch. This is these Lakers now. Battle tested and no need for antibiotics.

Exactly, I'm all for this team coasting through the regular season if it means guys are getting healthy at the right time (a la Boston last year). The biggest advantage this Laker team has over the early 2000 Lakers is that the West has no legit contenders to challenge LA right now. If Portland is healthy though, they could be that. Denver, SA, NO, OKC, Utah, and Dallas are all good teams, but even a pessimistic Lakers fan can't see one of those teams beating LA 4 out of 7 times.

Giuseppe
11-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Denver, SA, NO, OKC, Utah, and Dallas are all good teams, but even a pessimistic Lakers fan can't see one of those teams beating LA 4 out of 7 times.

Specially Dallas, they ain't got the sack to shoot a woodchuck.

Medvedenko
11-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Exactly, I'm all for this team coasting through the regular season if it means guys are getting healthy at the right time (a la Boston last year). The biggest advantage this Laker team has over the early 2000 Lakers is that the West has no legit contenders to challenge LA right now. If Portland is healthy though, they could be that. Denver, SA, NO, OKC, Utah, and Dallas are all good teams, but even a pessimistic Lakers fan can't see one of those teams beating LA 4 out of 7 times.

Yes, a 90% laker team can beat anyone in the west @ 100%. It's the East that will challenge the boys. Boston, Miami and Orlando all are threats. Too bad, the Lakers will only have to face 1 of them.

Killakobe81
11-01-2010, 05:57 PM

That's where we disagree. Only thing about Portland that scares me is if Roy takes another step toward Dwade Kobe Level at 2 guard ...but even then we win in 6 games. I'm so tired of Blazers hype. Yes they have talent even though they let some go ...which was smart BTW, Batum and Rudy get to thrive now...
But i just dont see this team in the WCF ...I maybe wrong because i didnt expect the suns last year there either, but if we face them and I'm sure they will win a few like OKC or suns ...but they can't win.
I might as well plan to make a trip to L.A. for the Finals ...we OWN the Blazers ...

DeadlyDynasty
11-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Yes, a 90% laker team can beat anyone in the west @ 100%. It's the East that will challenge the boys. Boston, Miami and Orlando all are threats. Too bad, the Lakers will only have to face 1 of them.

I like Orlando, but they would meet the same fate as a couple years ago if LA met them again. Boston has one last run in them this year and Miami is gonna be great for years. Celts, Heat, and MAYBE a healthy Blazers team are LAL's biggest threats (besides injuries).

DeadlyDynasty
11-01-2010, 06:01 PM
That's where we disagree. Only thing about Portland that scares me is if Roy takes another step toward Dwade Kobe Level at 2 guard ...but even then we win in 6 games. I'm so tired of Blazers hype. Yes they have talent even though they let some go ...which was smart BTW, Batum and Rudy get to thrive now...
But i just dont see this team in the WCF ...I maybe wrong because i didnt expect the suns last year there either, but if we face them and I'm sure they will win a few like OKC or suns ...but they can't win.
I might as well plan to make a trip to L.A. for the Finals ...we OWN the Blazers ...

If the Blazers are healthy, they will give LA fits (though I still think the Lakers win). Lakers haven't won in the Rose Garden since Kobe's two miraculous 3's. Roy is becoming great and Aldridge surprisingly gets the better of Pau at times.

Giuseppe
11-01-2010, 06:02 PM
The Celtics success comprehensively twixt the two conferences rests with the return to form of Perkins, and the possible return of Wallace. If Perkins returns as he left & Wallace signs on later they'll be difficult for us to beat. If Perkins returns compromised and/or Wallace stays retired, it's 3 in-a-row, locked & loaded.

Killakobe81
11-01-2010, 06:10 PM
If the Blazers are healthy, they will give LA fits (though I still think the Lakers win). Lakers haven't won in the Rose Garden since Kobe's two miraculous 3's. Roy is becoming great and Aldridge surprisingly gets the better of Pau at times.

We won in the rose Garden without Kobe last year, DD.
In the playoffs we beat the Blazers consistently in our history.

DeadlyDynasty
11-01-2010, 06:11 PM
We won in the rose Garden without Kobe last year, DD.
In the playoffs we beat the Blazers consistently in our history.

They did? I have no recollection of that for some reason...

21_Blessings
11-01-2010, 06:19 PM
The Blazers aren't even on the Lakers radar. Adorable little, playoff parade throwing, upstarts doomed to fail.

Dr House
11-01-2010, 06:24 PM
What's that? Are there any games tonight? Why are we even playing this season.....or the next 4 for that matter. The Lakers have already locked up a 7 peat, it would be worthless to actually play the game and have these guys risk injury.

However, it will be entertaining to see who comes out of the East just to get swept in 2 games by the Lakeshow

nkdlunch
11-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Renegades?? :lmao lame as fuck nickname. who made it up, Sasha?

what I wanna know is if lakerfan has order extra foam fingers for when the Heat visi LA?? :smokin

http://www.daily-jeff.com/images/media/20091226/photos/0b5ca45c3a25b104fbf3982ca0909b830354e054_jameswow. JPG

Ode to Triple Ocho
11-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Have my extra finger for Lebron right here

http://images.sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/puppet_t1.jpg

Venti Quattro
11-01-2010, 08:17 PM
make sure you don't forget about the passing skills and mental abilities of legendary Luke Walton

most intelligent basketball player, TBH

namlook
11-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Its only been three games but this team is looking like they have the potential to be the best Lakers team since 2001.

Giuseppe
11-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Bryant is the catalyst. Crazy as a shithouse rat? Yes, but, diabolically so as he hasn't made a false move since the moment after he quit Vs. Phoenix. He took off after Buss and made the old man live up to our rich heritage literally at the point of a gun. Took in Artest, without so much as a public admonition or petty warning of behavior past or future. In the stoic silence of Bryant's blessing Artest has lived up to his destiny while cleansing his very soul.

Kobe Bryant

cheguevara
11-02-2010, 08:34 AM
:lmao lakerfan sounds like mavfan in 2006

will all it take be a beatdown in LA by the hands of Lecrab? I think so

Giuseppe
11-02-2010, 09:11 AM
Or, a skunker in Phoenix at the hands of the Suns.

tee, hee.

8FOR!3
11-02-2010, 09:19 AM
George Hill > Steve Blake
Gary Neal (GOAT) > Shannon Brown
James Anderson (even as a rook) > Matt Barnes
Antonio McDyess > Theo Ratliff (didn't we basically cut the dude last year?)
Lamar Odom > DeJuan Blair (I'm going to go ahead and count him as a bench player since he should be soon. But even though Odom's a more complete player, Blair is still solid solid depth.)

Not to mention Bonner > Sasha. He's a big that can hit the outside shot and gives effort on defense, what is Sashquach good for again?

Spurs > Lakers. There's no denyin, might as well quit tryin.

Giuseppe
11-02-2010, 09:20 AM
Try avoiding getting beat flat again. That'll be a start for ya's.

8FOR!3
11-02-2010, 09:35 AM
I have a new nickname for the Lakers bench; Overrated.

Steve Blake is a decent backup PG yes and Shannon Brown is a good athlete. But Lamar Odom is the only other real solid player I see coming off their bench, who can be relied upon consistently. Matt Barnes is somewhat overrated, I would've had him because of need going into the offseason, but he's still overrated as a defender and he's a very average shooter and scorer. Theo Ratliff is old and he sucks. Sasha, he just sucks.

cheguevara
11-02-2010, 09:38 AM
George Hill > Steve Blake
Gary Neal (GOAT) > Shannon Brown
James Anderson (even as a rook) > Matt Barnes
Antonio McDyess > Theo Ratliff (didn't we basically cut the dude last year?)
Lamar Odom > DeJuan Blair (I'm going to go ahead and count him as a bench player since he should be soon. But even though Odom's a more complete player, Blair is still solid solid depth.)

Not to mention Bonner > Sasha. He's a big that can hit the outside shot and gives effort on defense, what is Sashquach good for again?

Spurs > Lakers. There's no denyin, might as well quit tryin.

good point. this is the way I see the whole picture:
TP >>> Fisher
Manu = Kobe
RJ = Artest
Duncan = Gasol
Blair < Odom

Hill > Blake
Anderson = Barnes
Neal = Brown
McDyess/Splitter >>> Rattliff

as you see Spurs bigmen competes with LA especially since Bynum is soft as shit and injured. But the PG situation is where Spurs overtake LA in a big way.

interesting stuff... :flag:

Giuseppe
11-02-2010, 09:41 AM
Sasha, he just sucks.

Ending the Celtics on June 17th withstanding.

8FOR!3
11-02-2010, 11:16 AM
Ending the Celtics on June 17th withstanding.

Ok.

The Celtics suck.

history2b
11-02-2010, 02:59 PM
good point. this is the way I see the whole picture:
TP >>> Fisher
Manu = Kobe
RJ = Artest
Duncan = Gasol
Blair < Odom

Hill > Blake
Anderson = Barnes
Neal = Brown
McDyess/Splitter >>> Rattliff

as you see Spurs bigmen competes with LA especially since Bynum is soft as shit and injured. But the PG situation is where Spurs overtake LA in a big way.

interesting stuff... :flag:

:lmao:lmao:lmao
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

in2deep
11-02-2010, 03:23 PM
you mean the renegays?

NRHector
02-01-2011, 07:54 PM
wtf?

DMC
02-01-2011, 08:09 PM
LA Rent-a-Center

Stringer_Bell
02-01-2011, 08:23 PM
“Our bench is very solid, very solid,” Bryant said after Sunday’s 107-83 win over Golden State, moving the Lakers to 3-0. “They rarely make mistakes. They stay within the structure, and they play well together.”

Solid, right? Like a turd.

Trainwreck2100
02-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Quality bump tbh

NRHector
02-01-2011, 09:00 PM

Christ, is the NBA supremely fucked or what.:lol

NRHector
02-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Injuries are the only thing that can take this Laker team down...they're just too deep and talented:rollin

DPG21920
02-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Why are yall laughing? It's not like the season is over. LA can very easily win a title still. When you can play what everyone deems to be "terrible" and still be 2nd in the West, that tells you something.

Rummpd
02-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Why are yall laughing? It's not like the season is over. LA can very easily win a title still. When you can play what everyone deems to be "terrible" and still be 2nd in the West, that tells you something.

And have played a soft schedule and play less Back to Backs and about those two "road" game with the Clippers.

Lakers better turn it on soon or they could be at > risk for an early exit in the playoffs. They are 33 and 15 and with the schedule remaining they could lose bunch and slip in the West and conceivably open on the road in the West. It is fully conceivable that with 34 games left they could very well win no more than 22 or so and who would have thought the Lakers with Bynum back well before all star game would conceivably play their first round on the road?? The only thing saving them right now is Utah and Denver are also slipping but NO and Mavs on course to pass them soon. With that brutal schedule left (except for few back to backs) it is possible the Thunder, Mavs and NOH could all pass them in the standings.

Could they still win it all even without home court in any round - sure they have a talented core but sooner or later someone off that bench besides Odom has to step up again.

ElNono
02-01-2011, 10:08 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4Z5T3So9ztI/SnHwUrUvF_I/AAAAAAAAF4Q/OgLlWLLnBtc/s320/oxford.jpg

Rummpd
02-01-2011, 10:15 PM
The laughable complacency of many LAL fans that the LAL are automatically superior to all the contenders West (especially) or East is unfounded. Lakers have survived some tough series such as the one with the Thunder where Pao Gasol had a heady putback or Fisher or Artest hitting shots and right now all three of those are struggling.

Lakers have primed themselves for three opponents this year - Boston, Spurs and Celtics and left each game with their asses handed to them and a lot of excuses - the excuses have to stop soon even your GM/former part owner and your coach are already talking trades!

The Lakers are still very talented and deep 1-7 (if you include Barnes or perhaps Shannon Brown) but then they absolutely stink after that and unless Artest improves and Fisher - 2 of those 7 are slow and slipping and Gasol is in a serious funk and Bynum is injury prone. Odom has been extremely good in the past two seasons in the playoffs but can you really rely on him?

Without home court they will not get the favorable calls that all but LAL fans believe the LAL fans get time and time again, or at least as frequently.

Lakers also lack speed, and more importantly, cohesion; and if Kobe tries to win too many games by himself in a series if LAL falls behind - it could get ugly real fast.

More and more analysts including Rosen today see the Spurs as a real threat (has Spurs at better odds than the LAL - see thread on Spurs page) and as Stein said this week 6/7 teams with 40 wins by game 47 won the NBA championship. (see ESPN.com NBA stein rankings) Meanwhile, the Mavs IMO still cannot be counted out and a team like the Hornets or Thunder will play their hearts out if they even sense blood against the complacent LAL.

Rest on your past laurels and your complacency as unless the LAL get going soon with their tough schedule they may finish a dissapointing reg season in the mid 50s and could conceivably open their first playoff series on the road.

Then although LAL could still win it will not be an easy road at all.

LOL complacent and over-confident Lakers fans!

LnGrrrR
02-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Quality bump tbh

Exactly my thoughts.

HarlemHeat37
02-01-2011, 10:25 PM

Lakers are certainly still in it, and I still wouldn't bet my own $ against them in the West, but the comments are still delusional and hilarious..even though LA might win, they aren't a dominant team, and they clearly aren't better than the 2009 or 2010 Lakers, like namlook said..

HarlemHeat37
05-05-2011, 12:27 AM

Once Bynum returns, most games vs avg teams will already be over after the 1st quarter or halftime. They were up 20 after 1 yesterday & they looked like they were not even trying. Whats scary is that this is the deepest team LA has had in a while & they just went back 2 back. Stackkkked I tell ya hahahaha

Yes, the Renegades have been regulating so far. The potential is there and it seems like the ego's have been set aside left to fend for themselves. Still, a long season it is and I see each member having stints of glory and stints of slivers. I expect Sasha to be better than he's showing right now and will vie for minutes with Shanwow. I can't complain though. Hell, even Ratfliff is playing, hitting boards and checking assholes as my bro G-iusepe likes to say.

Its only been three games but this team is looking like they have the potential to be the best Lakers team since 2001.

Lakers certainly aren't out of it, they can still come back, but :lol at the delusion and the comments about the bench..

:lol Renegades..
:lol Killer Bs..
:lol People giving this shitty bench nicknames..
:lol One of the worst benches in the NBA..
:lol Steve Blake..

ElNono
05-05-2011, 12:31 AM
Been saying it all season long... Vijacic/Farmar >>>>>>>>>>> Blake/Barnes

Banzai
05-05-2011, 12:31 AM
Complete fuck ups seems suitable.

HarlemHeat37
05-07-2011, 12:36 PM
:lol The Renegades!!!..

Giuseppe
05-07-2011, 12:39 PM