PDA

View Full Version : What NBA player would you most like to see run for office?

Supergirl
11-01-2010, 02:46 PM
With Chris "I'm useless as an NBA player and I'll be useless as a governor" Dudley running for governor of Oregon, and CHarles Barkley's proclamations (pre gambling scandal) about wanting to be (Republican!) governor of Alabama someday, it got me thinking...who would you most like to see run for office of the current NBA players?

I've thrown out some people I think would be good politicians. Add your own if you don't like my suggestions.

Xylus
11-01-2010, 02:49 PM
I'd vote for Grant Hill.

lefty
11-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Charles Barkley

Supergirl
11-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Charles Barkley

I'd totally love to see him but he's too easy, he's already said he wants to run. What I love is what he's had to say about the Republican party since then:
"I was a Republican until the Republicans lost their minds."

lefty
11-01-2010, 03:42 PM
I'd totally love to see him but he's too easy, he's already said he wants to run. What I love is what he's had to say about the Republican party since then:
"I was a Republican until the Republicans lost their minds."
Or when he was a young NBA star: he told his mother he voted for Bush Senior; she told him: " Charles, Bush is a Republican, he will work for rich people", to which Charles replied: " but mom, I am rich!" :lmao

The thing I like with Chuck is that he is honest

DAF86
11-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Manu

lefty
11-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Manu
Totally eligible

balli
11-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Grant Hill should be in that poll as he is the most likely (by far) to actually become a successful career politician.

Barkley is a good guy, but he has to have Mike Wilbon ghostwrite for him. Of course being too dumb to write about his own life didn't hold GWB back.

Personally, there isn't anybody in the NBA, including Hill, who I have heard anything from that makes me think they would be worth voting for. Maybe Nash because he fundamentally gets it, but I guarantee he doesn't want to be an American politician.

Drachen
11-01-2010, 04:37 PM
I used to say I would love to have the chance to vote for David Robinson, but . . . I would abhor the idea of him running now. The reason being that for him to even have a modicum of a chance, he would have to do things which would be directly against the reason I would want to vote for him in the first place.

Wild Cobra
11-01-2010, 11:22 PM
Don't know but Chris Dudley may become the governor of Oregon.

Blake
11-01-2010, 11:22 PM
I can't think of any I'd like to see in office.

They spend a lot of money because they make a lot of money.

Wild Cobra
11-01-2010, 11:25 PM
With Chris "I'm useless as an NBA player and I'll be useless as a governor" Dudley running for governor of Oregon, and CHarles Barkley's proclamations (pre gambling scandal) about wanting to be (Republican!) governor of Alabama someday, it got me thinking...who would you most like to see run for office of the current NBA players?

I've thrown out some people I think would be good politicians. Add your own if you don't like my suggestions.
You may think Chris would be useless as a governor, but at least he won't spend Oregon into oblivion like Kitzhaber will.

It's the lesser of two evils for me. I'm not only voting for Dudley, I contributed to his campaign twice.

Xylus
11-02-2010, 03:43 AM
Kevin Johnson is currently the mayor of Sacramento.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
11-02-2010, 07:34 AM
David Robinson

baseline bum
11-02-2010, 07:55 AM
Don't know but Chris Dudley may become the governor of Oregon.

http://i29.tinypic.com/293u340.gif

baseline bum
11-02-2010, 08:01 AM
oNOYChVkvPs

coyotes_geek
11-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Gilbert Arenas. He has very strong opinions on gun control legislation.

AussieFanKurt
11-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Gilbert Arenas. He has very strong opinions on gun control legislation.

:lol :lol Well said. NRA would be doing well with him in charge I feel.

Nash or Barry, two funny blokes

bus driver
11-03-2010, 12:40 PM
David Robinson

+1

maybe charles barkley

The Gemini Method
11-03-2010, 12:44 PM
They had a segment on ESPN radio here in L.A. about this yesterday and, well, as no surprise...they said Derek Fisher would be the best current NBA player to be in office of some sort.

hater
11-03-2010, 01:04 PM
They had a segment on ESPN radio here in L.A. about this yesterday and, well, as no surprise...they said Derek Fisher would be the best current NBA player to be in office of some sort.

Agree. Given that Fish is a dirty conniving piece of shit, he'd fit right in with the other politicians, and make a great one.

zClqb1Dyq3c

PuttPutt
11-03-2010, 02:53 PM
David Robinson

+1. DRob is such a stand up guy that believes in values.

Ashy Larry
11-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Or when he was a young NBA star: he told his mother he voted for Bush Senior; she told him: " Charles, Bush is a Republican, he will work for rich people", to which Charles replied: " but mom, I am rich!" :lmao

The thing I like with Chuck is that he is honest

This is why people hate him and people love him. He will tell you the real. When Chuck is on TNT, which smashes ESPN in every way possible, he's entertaining, yet real. Honesty is big in politics and our political leaders aren't honest. I think we all know that.

Chuck would be a breath of fresh air in Washington. I doubt he'd get things done because he's outnumbered greatly.