PDA

View Full Version : *** World Series Game 5 Gameday Thread ***

Phillip
11-01-2010, 04:25 PM
rangers win big

J.T.
11-01-2010, 04:32 PM
not going to make a game 3 thread?

or is mine good enough because they won that one?

faggot.

Phillip
11-01-2010, 04:44 PM
:cry quit making gameday threads:cry I wanna make them :cry :cry may i please lick your balls :cry

J.T.
11-01-2010, 05:56 PM
^ you're the one retro-making game threads son

runner up for doucher of the week tbh

cbf solidly won it tho for his work in the lol rangers thread

DeadlyDynasty
11-01-2010, 06:51 PM
rangers win this one, lose game 6

DeadlyDynasty
11-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Both pitchers coming out strong

ace3g
11-01-2010, 07:32 PM
nice catch by Lee

DeadlyDynasty
11-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Lincecum looks nasty through 3

DeadlyDynasty
11-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Why does Pat Burrell have a job?

lefty
11-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Duck's ass has never been tighter

DeadlyDynasty
11-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Edgar Renteria ftw

lefty
11-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Duck is gonna insult Cliff Lee's wife

lefty
11-01-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm sure Texans fans are not in the mood for God Bless America

Great timing

resistanze
11-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Lincecum looks nasty through 3

Disgusting.

resistanze
11-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Congrats to the Giants, completely dominant pitching.

lefty
11-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Lol Texans
Lol Bush
Lol republicans
Lol Ducks

LMAO Italy

ace3g
11-01-2010, 09:35 PM
SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears
Kings fans @ arco arena went nuts once Giants clinched the World Series ending win. Players were like huh?

lefty
11-01-2010, 09:36 PM
SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears
Kings fans @ arco arena went nuts once Giants clinched the World Series ending win. Players were like huh?

Dude
Yake a break from Twitter :lol

Spurminator
11-01-2010, 09:38 PM
I'm not gonna lie, I've got serious sour grapes about this... This isn't how it was supposed to end. The Rangers had a storybook season, the Giants had a storybook month. The Giants join other WTF flash-in-the-pan WS champs like the Marlins, the 2002 Angels and the 2006 Cardinals. Fuck the Padres for blowing what should have been an insurmountable division lead.

But that's the way baseball go. Sometimes the wrong team wins.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, props to the Giants. Great pitching wins, and their pitching was unreal. They have a real chance at doing this again next year, which would make my whole first paragraph moot.

lefty
11-01-2010, 09:40 PM
The Giants hat is sweet

BUMP
11-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Dominant pitching. Clutch hitting. Pretty much a formula for success in the playoffs. The better team clearly won but still a helluva season for the "Clippers of baseball"

tlongII
11-01-2010, 09:45 PM
I've always liked the Giants so I'm happy for them. I've been to a few games in the Stick.

BUMP
11-01-2010, 09:48 PM
I'm not gonna lie, I've got serious sour grapes about this... This isn't how it was supposed to end. The Rangers had a storybook season, the Giants had a storybook month. The Giants join other WTF flash-in-the-pan WS champs like the Marlins, the 2002 Angels and the 2006 Cardinals. Fuck the Padres for blowing what should have been an insurmountable division lead.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, props to the Giants. Great pitching wins, and their pitching was unreal. They have a real chance at doing this again next year, which would make my whole first paragraph moot.

I understand it's frustrating to come this far and not win it, but the Giants are about as deserving a champion as you get. Dominant starting pitching and above average hitting.

If the 83-79 Cardinals can win it in 2006, no way this team doesn't deserve it

Spurminator
11-01-2010, 09:55 PM
No question they deserved it. Just sucks that the team of 2010 is a team that wasn't on anyone's radar until August. I could see the Reds, the Phillies, the Yankees, the Rays, the Rangers, the Twins, even the Padres if they hadn't choked at the end... These teams were contenders for almost the whole season. The Giants just kind of snuck in out of nowhere. They were practically in rebuilding mode when they started making a run for the division.

It's not that they're any less deserving or should be penalized in the history books or in the court of public opinion, it's just a weird ending to a great season. My beef is solely with fate, not the Giants or MLB or anything else.

J.T.
11-01-2010, 10:12 PM

blame stretch and his cursed game threads

BUMP
11-01-2010, 10:15 PM
If we can hold onto our core, future looks very optimistic. Of course it all depends on Cliff Lee. If we resign him, were a lock for the AL West title again.

If he leaves it becomes a lot more difficult. We still need 1 more SP regardless because out of Hunter, Lewis, and Wilson there's gonna be 1 Feldman out of them next season, just how baseball works. I still think Feliz needs to be converted to a starter somewhere down the line, it'll probably be the inevitable move. Won't be crying too much to see Guerrero leave if he does.

monosylab1k
11-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Get Michael Young off 3rd base. That's got to be priority #1.

crc21209
11-01-2010, 11:28 PM

+1, my thoughts exactly...I think they'll be a one and done/1 year wonder team. Alot of the guys they had were 1 year rental/1/2 year veteran rentals who probably wont be back next year or will call it quits or end up somewhere else....

Jacob1983
11-02-2010, 12:32 AM
I know on the record books, its going to say that the Giants won the World Series but the Rangers lost it. The offense went very cold in this series for the Rangers. If Josh and Vlad had hit at least over .200 in this series, the Rangers would have one. And if the Rangers had gotten the spilt in SF, they would have one. I know that you can't live in the world of what ifs but it's true. I'm glad that the Rangers got the World Series but it would have been nicer if they had won it. I'm just glad that it wasn't a sweep because it could have been a sweep. The bats of the Rangers went extremely cold in the series and that was the difference. People can jizz over Cain, Cum, and Bumspare but if Josh, Vlad, Kinsler, Cruz, and Young had been getting more hits and homeruns, the Rangers would have skull fucked the Giants. And yes, I'm bitter. No one likes to see their team lose the World Series.

neboat
11-02-2010, 12:46 AM
+1, my thoughts exactly...I think they'll be a one and done/1 year wonder team. Alot of the guys they had were 1 year rental/1/2 year veteran rentals who probably wont be back next year or will call it quits or end up somewhere else....

Why would the Giants be a 1 yr wonder team? Pitching win playoff games as we have just witnessed...and Giant's pitching staff is young and are locked up with the team the next few years. They have the best 1-4 starters in MLB. The best player in the lineup is a rookie and he's only going to get better and be a cornerstone for the franchise. Pablo had a down year but he's also young and should bounce back.

I am not saying the Giants are going to be the favorites to get of the NL next year...but if they can get to the playoffs, they've got a great chance, just like this year.

Skip Bayless
11-02-2010, 12:48 AM
I know on the record books, its going to say that the Giants won the World Series but the Rangers lost it. The offense went very cold in this series for the Rangers. If Josh and Vlad had hit at least over .200 in this series, the Rangers would have one. And if the Rangers had gotten the spilt in SF, they would have one. I know that you can't live in the world of what ifs but it's true. I'm glad that the Rangers got the World Series but it would have been nicer if they had won it. I'm just glad that it wasn't a sweep because it could have been a sweep. The bats of the Rangers went extremely cold in the series and that was the difference. People can jizz over Cain, Cum, and Bumspare but if Josh, Vlad, Kinsler, Cruz, and Young had been getting more hits and homeruns, the Rangers would have skull fucked the Giants. And yes, I'm bitter. No one likes to see their team lose the World Series.

Look at every world series. There's a ton of games that were decided by only a few runs. Does anybody remember them? No.

Better luck next time