PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Basketball Question

DPG21920
11-01-2010, 09:38 PM
What does it take for you to veto a trade?

I play in a H2H, 12 team standard 9 Cat League, what do you think about this trade as far as being vetoable?

Team A: Westbrook/Hibbert/Ariza

Team B: Rondo/Marc Gasol/Blake Griffin

What are the guidelines you use for vetoing trades?

HarlemHeat37
11-01-2010, 09:39 PM
It's not lopsided enough to veto IMO..

DPG21920
11-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Anyone else? Do yalls leagues veto trades like this?

HarlemHeat37
11-01-2010, 09:43 PM
What do you not like about it?..

DPG21920
11-01-2010, 09:44 PM
It is my trade being vetoed. I have won the league 3 years in a row and no one will let me trade anymore.

The logic they use is if they have the right to veto, they can do so whenever they like. Especially if the guy they are playing that week makes a trade that will make them better.

DPG21920
11-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Need some opinions either way to show my league please...

DPG21920
11-01-2010, 10:01 PM
I know yall play fantasy...

SomeCallMeTim
11-01-2010, 10:20 PM
It is my trade being vetoed. I have won the league 3 years in a row and no one will let me trade anymore.

The logic they use is if they have the right to veto, they can do so whenever they like. Especially if the guy they are playing that week makes a trade that will make them better.

(obvious joke)

Well, that's what you get for playing in a fantasy league with Popovich.

(thus endeth the obvious joke)

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Vetoing a trade just for the hell of it is pretty cheap. If they didn't like the trade, they should have come up with something better.

DPG21920
11-01-2010, 10:37 PM
This is the same league that just let a Manu for Hedo/Terrance Williams trade go through.

The owner said his was fair and mine was not. He said no real reason, but that "his instincts" told him to veto...

This was shortly after how he was complaining about how he hates when people veto things for no reason :lol

Darrin
11-01-2010, 10:49 PM
I hate league vetoes because you have too many agendas. As a Commish in one league this year, I leave it to me. There's no reason that trade should be vetoed. The only thing to do is be just as petty and threaten to veto all trades, no matter their merits, until your deal is complete. You have to play too much politics with this shit. It shouldn't even be an option.

Past that, replace Ariza with someone better.

DPG21920
11-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Yeah, I agree, but with the way these guys are, they won't stand for a commish control veto (I am commish and have won 3 years straight with these rules).

Obviously if they are vetoing (all my trades get vetoed), they won't want to give up that power for selfish reasons.

For my friends, they sure are some snakes :lol

kamikazi_player
11-01-2010, 10:56 PM
It looks pretty fair in my humble opinion. If anything, probably favors B more.

DPG21920
11-01-2010, 11:00 PM
It is getting to the point it isn't really fun anymore. I mean, it hasn't stopped me from winning the league, but it gets really old when your friend fantasy knife you in the back for no reason.

I only veto under 3 conditions:

1) There is cheating

2) If both teams aren't trying to make their team better (collusion)

3) If there is such a blatant talent gap that it would shift the entire scope of the league beyond repair (Lebron for Bonner type trades...).

If a trade is none of the above, even if it makes another team really good, who are we to veto if both managers are trying to improve? Why do we know how to run another persons team better than they do?

kamikazi_player
11-01-2010, 11:13 PM
It could be that it's too early in the season for a big trade, not saying it is, but it's a possibility.

DPG21920
11-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Yeah, but this happens every year now all throughout the year. Like I said, this is the same league that let a Manu for Hedo/Twill trade go through just last week.

ALVAREZ6
11-01-2010, 11:23 PM
That trade is definitely fair, it's about as close as you can get in fantasy in finding a fair trade involving 3 players. Pretty damn balanced trade in my opinion.

For my friends, they sure are some snakes :lol

Tell me about it... tell your friends to stop being douche bags, this exact thing happens in my league. I usually win the league, I know more about basketball, yet my one friend is the commissioner and allows BS trades. It has more to do with other friends in the league not taking it as seriously and therefore accepting and making horrible trades.

For example, this past trade was made in my league:

Deron Williams + Dwight Howard in return for DIRK.

Terrible trade. We can all agree Dirk is a great fantasy player, but I'd probably trade him straight up for Deron, especially if I need assits. D-Will is guaranteed 20-10 assists a night basically, I followed him last year and he was damn consistent. Dirk hits 3s but not an absurd amount, and D-will knocks the occasional 3-ball too.

Add a little Dwight Howard, a statistical monster, on the side, makes the trade that retarded.

DPG21920
11-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Yeah I just don't get it. I guess I either have to stop running the league if it is no longer fun or just live with it.

I just wish they were logical humans.

La Mont
11-01-2010, 11:36 PM
It is getting to the point it isn't really fun anymore. I mean, it hasn't stopped me from winning the league, but it gets really old when your friend fantasy knife you in the back for no reason.

I only veto under 3 conditions:

1) There is cheating

2) If both teams aren't trying to make their team better (collusion)

3) If there is such a blatant talent gap that it would shift the entire scope of the league beyond repair (Lebron for Bonner type trades...).

If a trade is none of the above, even if it makes another team really good, who are we to veto if both managers are trying to improve? Why do we know how to run another persons team better than they do?

Team A: Westbrook/Hibbert/Ariza

Team B: Rondo/Marc Gasol/Blake Griffin

this isn't much more fair than a lebron for bonner trade. Rondo by himself should be more valuable than the whole package of westbrook/hibbert/ariza. ariza and hibbert just look fillers who are only involved to make salary match.

marc gasol has the potential to be as good as his brother. blake griffin was the #1 draft the prior year and he ain't like greg oden.

kamikazi_player
11-01-2010, 11:40 PM
^^this troll sucks. Seriously, La Mont? Couldn't you thought of a better name for a troll?

kamikazi_player
11-01-2010, 11:41 PM
It's almost as bad as cuppycake gumdrop

DPG21920
11-01-2010, 11:47 PM
this isn't much more fair than a lebron for bonner trade. Rondo by himself should be more valuable than the whole package of westbrook/hibbert/ariza. ariza and hibbert just look fillers who are only involved to make salary match.

marc gasol has the potential to be as good as his brother. blake griffin was the #1 draft the prior year and he ain't like greg oden.

:lol Are you in my league?

Westbrook: 46% FG / 93% FT/ 22 PTS / 6.7 REBS / 7.3 AST / 2.7 STLS / 3 TO

Rondo: 42% FG / 37% FT / 11 PTS / 6.3 REB / 16.7 AST / 2 STLS / 4.7 TO

kamikazi_player
11-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Hey I have a question, this trade was purposed to me.

I receive Andrew Bynum and Dirk
He receives Steph Curry and David West

:tu or :td?

DPG21920
11-02-2010, 06:45 PM
What cats does your league play? How many teams? What is your roster?

On talent alone, no other things considered? I take Curry and West.

sribb43
11-02-2010, 07:11 PM
your league is wack..IMO that is a trade that has no business being veteod

DPG21920
11-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Hopefully I can c-stomp them again for a 4-Peat so they get what they deserve.

kamikazi_player
11-02-2010, 08:06 PM
I play in a 12 team, 9 standard cat league.
Pg-Steph Curry
SG-John Salmons
G-Tony Parker
SF-Gerald Wallace
PF-LaMarcus Alderidge
F-David West
C-Nene
Utl-Millsap
Utl-Bibby
Bench-Oden
Bench-Tyrus Thomas
Bench-Okur
Bench-Glen Davis
Bench-Troy Murphy

Now I think about it, I think I have too many big guys on my team :lol

DPG21920
11-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Yeah, if I were you, I would try to trade a big (maybe Murphy or Okur) for a point guard.

Chieflion
11-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Oh yeah, John Salmons, you fucking suck, that's it and that's all.

DPG21920
11-02-2010, 09:02 PM
I got screwed this week:

Day 1: Baron Davis magically out

Day 2: Freak accident and I lose a game for Dwight/Felton/Fields.

Losing 8-1 and he has already had 5 more guys play than me in 2 days. Plus an extra 2 throughout the week.

Plus he has Wade who shot so far above his avg tonight.

DPG21920
11-16-2010, 10:02 PM
Now some guys are trying to veto this trade I have made:

I get: Lebron, Oden & Harrington

I Give: Nash, Felton & Ariza

So I have only attempted two trades now. The first one in this thread that got vetoed and now this one they are trying to veto.

DPG21920
11-16-2010, 10:46 PM
Any thoughts?

DPG21920
11-16-2010, 11:10 PM
My team before the trade:

Raymond Felton
Jarrett Jack
Aaron Brooks
Mike Conley
Baron Davis
Russell Westbrook
Steve Nash
Dorell Wright
Mike Dunleavy
Trevor Ariza
JaVale McGee
Roy Hibbert
Tim Duncan
Dwight Howard

kamikazi_player
11-17-2010, 01:27 PM
I think you gotta offer someone better than Felton or Ariza to get Lebron. If it was Nash and Westbrook, then I don't think your league will mind. It may look like you are giving up too much, but that is the price you would pay to get Lebron.

If you're tired of your team vetoing trades, mind as well quit.

GoodOdor
11-17-2010, 01:29 PM
Yeah, they're definitely trying to cock block you now from winning again.

DPG21920
11-17-2010, 11:53 PM
I think you gotta offer someone better than Felton or Ariza to get Lebron. If it was Nash and Westbrook, then I don't think your league will mind. It may look like you are giving up too much, but that is the price you would pay to get Lebron.

If you're tired of your team vetoing trades, mind as well quit.

Dude, I offered Nash/Felton/Ariza for Lebron/Al Harrington/Oden. Completely fair if not bad for me at the moment.

FML with Oden.

kamikazi_player
11-18-2010, 12:02 AM
Felton is not as good as you think. Although he is ranked 32 in yahoo fantasy rankings, he doesn't really stand out or like he doesn't look like that extra piece with nash that would help you get Lebron. Rose has better stats and is rated lower than Felton, don't know why, but even he would make the trade more even.

And for Ariza, Ariza's shooting % will scare them. Ariza has the most steals, but does not excel in anything else to be honest.

Looking at your roster, it would look too unstoppable if this trade were to happen. I know that could be due to good drafting, but I would probably veto the trade on the count that your team would look super good.

Like I said before, best way to get Lebron is to trade Westbrook and Nash. Personally I would keep the lineup as it is, but if you want to get Lebron, this trade would be more reasonable. If they veto this trade too, then quit the league :lol

kamikazi_player
11-18-2010, 12:04 AM
I'm trying to state this opinion in a non-biased view. I don't know why you want Lebron, I'd say your team looks pretty good and you drafted well.

DPG21920
11-18-2010, 12:05 AM
It is happening. The trade was accepted. Not being vetoed.

DPG21920
11-18-2010, 12:06 AM
I needed more balance, I was too stacked at PG and I needed another truly dominate player.

Rose is not as good as Felton imo because he does not hit 3's or stl as much normally.

kamikazi_player
11-18-2010, 12:07 AM
Felton doesn't really excel and creates too many pf's and to's. Shooting percentage is not looking well either. That's why sometimes I hate going by the yahoo rankings.

kamikazi_player
11-18-2010, 12:08 AM
well when i mean pf, i mean ppl who play with both pf and techss like my other league :lol

DPG21920
11-18-2010, 12:08 AM
Looking at your roster, it would look too unstoppable if this trade were to happen. I know that could be due to good drafting, but I would probably veto the trade on the count that your team would look super good.

See this is what makes no sense to me. Who cares if my team would look super good? If the trade is fair, it's fair, regardless of how good it makes my team. Aren't I allowed to improve my team as long as it is within the rules?

kamikazi_player
11-18-2010, 12:10 AM
I think it's more of a balance, it is difficult for having one team dominating the league and 11 other teams trying to beat you every week. It sucks because you know which players to get and everything, but when a teams too dominant after a trade, someone has to step in and try to stop the trade, especially if you have idiot managers who accepts trades and don't even know what they're geting in return:lol

kamikazi_player
11-18-2010, 12:12 AM
But anyways, glad they didn't veto the trade. Gl to your fantasy team this season :toast

DPG21920
11-18-2010, 12:16 AM
Thanks, can you believe I'm in 8th place and 0-3? How is your team doing?

BanditHiro
11-18-2010, 12:20 AM
i wish the league had a veto law...the lakers would be long dead by now for the next 50 years

kamikazi_player
11-18-2010, 12:20 AM
That league on top, I actually went with the Curry/West for Dirk/Bynum trade. My team is now looking good, won last week 8-1 and now in 8th place out of 12. I'm suprirsed I did well even though my team was autopicked in this league

DPG21920
11-23-2010, 11:41 PM
Thinking about doing another trade....

My Team:

Lebron James
Jarrett Jack
Aaron Brooks
Mike Conley
Baron Davis
Russell Westbrook
Al Harrington
Dorell Wright
Mike Dunleavy
Chris Anderson
JaVale McGee
Roy Hibbert
Tim Duncan
Dwight Howard

I'm thinking about doing Al Harrington/Dorell Wright for Elton Brand/Belinelli. What do you think?