PDA

View Full Version : Only 4 Empty Trips in 4th!!!

Solid D
05-22-2005, 08:55 PM
That's correct. The Spurs only had 4 empty trips in the final stanza and 43 points. That's just sick. Basically unheard of.

A missed hook shot by Duncan at 10:00.
A missed jumper by Parker at 7:38
A Duncan travel at the top of the circle at 7:09
A Duncan hook missed at 1:53, Off. reb. Horry, Parker jumper missed 1:49.

That's it, by my count. :hat

http://scores.nba.com/games/20050522/SASPHO/PlayByPlayPrint.html

HB22inSA
05-22-2005, 08:57 PM
A Duncan travel at the top of the circle at 7:09

I just about lost it when Duncan did that.

That was a horrible lack of focus.

timvp
05-22-2005, 08:59 PM
I just about lost it when Duncan did that.

That was a horrible lack of focus.

He travels like that at least once per game. I was shocked they finally called it.

timvp
05-22-2005, 09:00 PM
BTW, that is amazing Solid D. Which team is the offensive juggernaut again?

:smokin

SPARKY
05-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Another season, another high powered, open court offensive team that racked up a bunch of regular season wins being exposed in the postseason for their lack of defense.

Who the fuck gives up 121 points in regulation to the San Antonio Spurs in the playoffs?

Brodels
05-22-2005, 09:03 PM
It's hard to believe after watching the offense collapse in the fourth year after year. The Spurs have been doing better in that area lately. Hopefully they've turned the corner. It helps that they have other good options other than just throwing the ball into the post and letting Tim get smothered. If Manu and Tony remain in attack mode, the Spurs should be fine at the ends of games as long as they can hit free throws.

But that's another matter, and it still frightens me. If this game would have been close down the stretch, having Parker on the line would have given me a heart attack.

Solid D
05-22-2005, 09:04 PM
Exquisite execution. That is how championships are made.

timvp
05-22-2005, 09:04 PM
What the hell happened today? That was recockulous.

We aren't the Spurs.©

:cooldevil

[/ghostwriter]

T Park
05-22-2005, 09:10 PM
That was recockulous

lol i miss that shit.

Kori Ellis
05-22-2005, 09:28 PM
The 4th quarter was amazing. When it was all over, it was so hard to comprehend that the Spurs had actually just scored 40+ in a quarter :wow

Hopefully they saved some offense for Tuesday.

TwoHandJam
05-22-2005, 09:37 PM
He travels like that at least once per game. I was shocked they finally called it.
Very true. He often takes that extra step after catching the ball but this time it was like an extra two steps. Very obvious.

spurster
05-22-2005, 09:39 PM
It's not surprising. There aren't even any Ds to take out of Phoenix Suns.

TwoHandJam
05-22-2005, 09:40 PM
What the hell happened today? That was recockulous.

We aren't the Spurs.©

:cooldevil

[/ghostwriter]
:lol

I just hope that by the end of this series if the Spurs emerge victorious and matchup with Det. that they aren't lulled into a false sense of security of how easy it is to score. Phoenix plays horrific defense but Detroit will be like their polar opposite.

It'll be a shock.

ShoogarBear
05-22-2005, 10:04 PM
Horry is even worse.

Mark in Austin
05-23-2005, 01:55 AM
Funny how Pop is being hailed as the best in the business at making adjustments in game. That is certainly a different story than what some of us tell about him. Adjustments on the fly like doubling Nash in the fourth off the pick & roll were effing brilliant. It totally disrupted the Suns offensive rhythem. I gotta say I didn't think he had it in him. Congrats to Pop.

The Sun's just don't have the bodies to try to do to Duncan and Parker what the Lakers did last year. Even if they did, with the way the Spurs perimeter players were knocking down shots, it still might not have mattered.

I still say Duncan's ankles will determine who advances. If he can continue to play as well as he did today, the Spurs will be very tough to beat.

Hunter was a surprise today. It looks like with some additional time, the Suns might just have their center to allow Amare to switch back to 4.