PDA

View Full Version : Video: George Hill Injured on Flagrant Foul

Stephen Kersey
11-02-2010, 12:57 AM
Video: George Hill Injured on Flagrant Foul by Craig Smith (http://www.sanantoniodispatch.com/san-antonio-spurs/san-antonio-spurs-news/video-george-hill-injured-on-flagrant-foul/)

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/9323/georgehillinjury.jpg (http://www.sanantoniodispatch.com/san-antonio-spurs/san-antonio-spurs-news/video-george-hill-injured-on-flagrant-foul/)

timvp
11-02-2010, 01:05 AM
Welcome to the forum :tu

Leonard Curse
11-02-2010, 01:07 AM
classy guy, that smith fella...

Juanobili
11-02-2010, 01:11 AM
go for the ball... jeez

Libri
11-02-2010, 01:16 AM
It hurts just looking at it.

bugmenot
11-02-2010, 02:38 AM
Ouch. Two game suspension for the rhino!

phyzik
11-02-2010, 02:48 AM
Honestly, it didnt look like that hard of a foul to me...

Sure, a flagrant was warranted, but still, nothing to get worked up about.....

I doubt Smith was thinking "Im going to MURDER this MFER!!!"

Shit happens in the heat of the moment.

Im just glad Hill is OK.

Fpoonsie
11-02-2010, 02:52 AM

Sure, a flagrant was warranted, but still.....

Yeah, pretty much this. Was going to wrap him up but Hill had already taken off by then so he simply tried to stop the shot. Hill landed awkwardly, but there didn't seem to be anything malicious about it.

The high-fives to the crowd and the cheering for himself seemed like a tad bit o' overkill, though.

And what was with the crowd booing Hill on the ground? Kinda fucked up, but...meh.

phyzik
11-02-2010, 02:53 AM
Yeah, pretty much this. Was going to wrap him up but Hill had already taken off by then so he simply tried to stop the shot. Hill landed awkwardly, but there didn't seem to be anything malicious about it.

The high-fives to the crowd and the cheering for himself seemed like a tad bit o' overkill, though.

And what was with the crowd booing Hill on the ground? Kinda fucked up, but...meh.

To their credit though, you could hear cheers when he got up. Not to give TOO much credit to Clipper fans but to me it felt like they where booing their own player for the unnecesary foul.

Fpoonsie
11-02-2010, 02:55 AM
To their credit though, you could hear cheers when he got up.

Ah. I kept muting and un-muting. I heard some scattered booing, but I suppose there's always gonna be a few idiots...I mean, for fuck's sake, it's LA.

phyzik
11-02-2010, 02:58 AM
Ah. I kept muting and un-muting. I heard some scattered booing, but I suppose there's always gonna be a few idiots...I mean, for fuck's sake, it's LA.

ehh... Clipper fans and Laker fans are a breed apart.

If it was the Lakers, you would have heard cheering when Hill went down.

who would you trust more as a friend...

Billy Christal (Clippers fan since I can remember, even before his movie career)

or

Jack Nicholson (Laker bitch front-running fan ever since he got famous)

I'd take Billy every single day as a straight up friend.

Then again, Jack freaked me out in The Shining so I might be even more biased :lol

phyzik
11-02-2010, 03:10 AM
BTW Laker fan, it doesnt matter when Nicholson became a Laker fan, ALL Celebs that follow them are front-runners. Without exception.

TJastal
11-02-2010, 12:00 PM

Sure, a flagrant was warranted, but still, nothing to get worked up about.....

I doubt Smith was thinking "Im going to MURDER this MFER!!!"

Shit happens in the heat of the moment.

Im just glad Hill is OK.

Uhh...

Would you be saying it was nothing if Hill had fallen and separated his shoulder? Broken his neck?

Hell I'd have preferred he went for the ball and decked him hard, at least he would've fell straight & proper.

He could've even done what most civil players would have done in that situation, which is to grab/wrap up his body.

But no, this assfuck deliberately grabbed and yanked him down at a horriblly awkward angle which he must've known was putting him at risk of a serious injury.

It was indeed IMO an extremely dirty play.