PDA

View Full Version : what happened to the pick and roll?

ivanfromwestwood
11-02-2010, 01:24 AM
manu and blair were money last year with the PnR. what gives?

Dex
11-02-2010, 01:29 AM
3rd game.

jestersmash
11-02-2010, 01:32 AM
What happened was we have better options now (like, Tony Parker) than relying on a Manu-Blair pick and roll. That was used primarily when Parker was out with his injury, and it was used mostly because there really was no other option.

We have Dyess now with a far more consistent mid range jump shot than Blair (for a pick and pop - not pick and roll, but similar initial set up obviously)

Obstructed_View
11-02-2010, 11:07 AM
The Spurs have a lot of guys that excel at PnR. They should be running it.

cheguevara
11-02-2010, 11:23 AM
niggas are shooting shots out there unconciously. Spurs are running and not much half court. IMO that's what happened.

Obstructed_View
11-02-2010, 11:29 AM
niggas are shooting shots out there unconciously. Spurs are running and not much half court. IMO that's what happened.

Hmmm ... I didn't see much running last night. They did a lot of stuff from half court, but ran almost no pick and rolls. This is the third game in a row. They put up way too many threes in the first half and didn't hit a lot of them. They took far better shots in the second half and moved the ball very well. I'm starting to sound like a broken record but with guys like Dice, Splitter, Duncan, Parker, Manu and Anderson, and maybe even Neal, the Spurs should be able to just kill the world with pick and rolls.

ivanfromwestwood
11-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Hmmm ... I didn't see much running last night. They did a lot of stuff from half court, but ran almost no pick and rolls. This is the third game in a row. They put up way too many threes in the first half and didn't hit a lot of them. They took far better shots in the second half and moved the ball very well. I'm starting to sound like a broken record but with guys like Dice, Splitter, Duncan, Parker, Manu and Anderson, and maybe even Neal, the Spurs should be able to just kill the world with pick and rolls.i agree x1000. blair looked like a superstar last year when he and manu were killing other teams with the PnR. also why not use RJ in the PnR? seems like an easy way to get him the ball going to the hoop.

SplitterHook
11-02-2010, 05:58 PM
once manu and tiago get a good chemistry their PnR going to be amazing.

Obstructed_View
11-02-2010, 06:42 PM
once manu and tiago get a good chemistry their PnR going to be amazing.

Now imagine that, plus having Duncan, Parker and Anderson on the floor at the same time. You could really come up with an offense that's nearly impossible to defend. Everyone can score inside and everyone can hit the midrange jumper.

ivanfromwestwood
11-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Now imagine that, plus having Duncan, Parker and Anderson on the floor at the same time. You could really come up with an offense that's nearly impossible to defend. Everyone can score inside and everyone can hit the midrange jumper.x2000! did we just become best friends??