PDA

View Full Version : My house got broke into

benefactor
11-02-2010, 05:30 AM
Looks like I'll be posting from work until the insurance money comes in. I came home to my entire house tossed. Got my computer, digital camera, a 16 track digital mixer, DVD player, a Seiko watch and a bunch of random stuff like my electric razor:ihit and my wifes makeup bag:wtf. Thankfully I have one of those big Sentry fireproof gun safes that I keep all my valuable stuff and important documents in. There is also basically nothing of worth on my computer except the pictures I lost. I don't do any online banking or buy much of anything from my house. It's a very old machine that works just well enough to log onto Spurstalk.

Oh...and so much for pitbulls being vicious. Mine stays out in my house during the day and obviously watched whoever it was take everything. When I opened the door to my wrecked house he walked up to me with his head down wagging his tail as to say, "I'm glad you are here. I was so scared." I'm glad he is safe. He's more important that all that crap I can replace.

Heath Ledger
11-02-2010, 05:40 AM
What a coincidence, I have for sale an old Seiko watch, pos old computer, and a bag of makeup. Im taking best offers.

benefactor
11-02-2010, 05:53 AM
Mine was pretty new, but I appreciate the offer. :)

HighLowLobForBig-50
11-02-2010, 07:25 AM
man that really sucks bro. i wish you the best
was that in SA ?

ididnotnothat
11-02-2010, 08:42 AM
Did you forget to set the alarm?

Stringer_Bell
11-02-2010, 08:47 AM
Mine was pretty new, but I appreciate the offer. :)

Yo. I think that nigga Heath Ledger is trying to say he jacked yo shit and wants to sell it back to you.

What side of town do you live on, btw?

mrsmaalox
11-02-2010, 08:53 AM
Thieves are the absolutely lowest life form on this earth. And yes they take the most random things. I had a break in at my rental home this summer and they took all the kitchen utensil drawers, but left a $1200 chainsaw that was sitting by the backdoor they broke into. Geniuses.

I'm really sorry it happened to you.

Duff McCartney
11-02-2010, 09:52 AM
Thieves are the absolutely lowest life form on this earth. And yes they take the most random things. I had a break in at my rental home this summer and they took all the kitchen utensil drawers, but left a $1200 chainsaw that was sitting by the backdoor they broke into. Geniuses.

I'm really sorry it happened to you.

Well they are also idiots..sometimes thieves don't even realize what is valuable. They probably just saw the chainsaw and were like nobody wants that shit.

AmericanPsycho
11-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Did you forget to set the alarm?

You really think that would have mattered? I got old nosey neighbors who are better than any alarm system.

Gator Chomp!
11-02-2010, 10:44 AM
OP, invest in a bullmastiff. best home protection ever, seriously

SourCandy
11-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Thats horrible. Ive had my car broken into but I can imagine a house break in is much much worse. Thats your home. Hope they catch them..but prob not.

koriwhat
11-02-2010, 11:11 AM
yeah this pit at work would probably sit by and watch too as the place got raided.

Gutter92
11-02-2010, 11:18 AM
. When I opened the door to my wrecked house he walked up to me with his head down wagging his tail as to say, "I'm glad you are here. I was so scared."

:lol

Heath Ledger
11-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Yeah I was just kidding. Sorry about your losses hopefully your deductible was not too high.

Pick of Destiny
11-02-2010, 11:42 AM
Now that is what I call feeling robbed.

thispego
11-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Well they are also idiots..sometimes thieves don't even realize what is valuable. They probably just saw the chainsaw and were like nobody wants that shit.

arent you a thief?

man on wire
11-02-2010, 12:35 PM
arent you a thief?

:lmao Not if they give it to you willingly?

byrontx
11-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Chances are that the persons doing it are someone you know. Draw up a list of everyone you think could have done it and the one you settle on as the most likely-go talk to them.

koriwhat
11-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Chances are that the persons doing it are someone you know. Draw up a list of everyone you think could have done it and the one you settle on as the most likely-go talk to them.

i didn't think about that but that's probably the most likely scenario. every time i have ever heard of someone getting their house broken into someone has said the same, "must be someone you know", and maybe it was considering your dog had no qualms with them in your house.

Sisk
11-02-2010, 12:49 PM
i didn't think about that but that's probably the most likely scenario. every time i have ever heard of someone getting their house broken into someone has said the same, "must be someone you know", and maybe it was considering your dog had no qualms with them in your house.

Actually a good point IMO.

About a year ago my house in college station got broken into from some disgruntled person who'd gotten kicked out of the neighborhood. Dude was on drugs and vandalized a few houses. Broke into mine but he didn't steal or vandalize anything just was looking for drugs luckily. Other houses had much worse fates. My after market deck got jacked from my truck as well as every damn CD that was in there. It sucks. Sorry.. hopefully you can somehow figure out who did it and ruin them.

duncan228
11-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Sorry you got hit. It's a horrible feeling to know someone was in your home. Glad your really important stuff was safe, and glad your dog is okay. Good luck with the insurance battle and replacing stuff.

slacker77
11-02-2010, 01:14 PM
That sucks man.About a month ago,both my cars got broken into.They took both my wife and I mp3s,a cd my son got for me for fathers day,my daughters portable dvd player(and her dvds),a crossbar,and basketball.Lastly,my work laptop that I left in the trunk of my car(my complete dumbass fault on that one,but I just finished a 14 hr shift and was in zombie mode).Sapd had the csi crew come out and take fingerprints,but i'm not gonna hold my breath to see if they ever get the guys.

bus driver
11-02-2010, 01:24 PM
fuck! That sucks...

i have a pit also and hopefully he fairs better if this happens to my house. he has bitten my brother and my grandma and chased the neighbors kid around the back yard (not sure why he even walked into the back yard).

Summers
11-02-2010, 01:49 PM
That stinks. Sorry. :(

RoddyBukkake
11-02-2010, 02:26 PM
bet you got robbed by a black or mexican

Dex
11-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Condolences. I've had my car broken into, but never my home, and it's a pretty frustratingly helpless situation.

One time a friend of mine came home from a day of work and found a white van parked outside of his house. As he was going in the house, he grabbed a machete that happened to be kept hanging on the coat rack by the front door. In his living room he found two guys in the middle of trying to carry out his big screen. They dropped the TV and tried to run but my friend basically had to hold them at knife-point (machete point?) while he called the cops and had them arrested. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't witness the aftermath, but that was one of the most badass, Die Hard things I've ever heard someone do.

Thank god the burglars were stupid enough to come not armed, otherwise it could've been a much worse situation.

Fdawg07
11-02-2010, 03:31 PM
What day did it get broken into..also what part of town are you in? Mine got broken into this past Saturday! I live in the 281/1604 area. I feel you on the insurance part..My families going through the same thing right now.

Leetonidas
11-02-2010, 03:36 PM
That's why I have the Mexican house in the neighborhood with bars all over it.

Blake
11-02-2010, 04:21 PM
What day did it get broken into

and time of day?

CuckingFunt
11-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Sorry to hear it. Having someone in your house is a horrible feeling and takes a while to get over. Sucks.

But...

Broken into, not broke. Been annoying the crap out of me.

benefactor
11-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Sorry to hear it. Having someone in your house is a horrible feeling and takes a while to get over. Sucks.

But...

Broken into, not broke. Been annoying the crap out of me.
I caught that too. I hadn't finished my coffee yet when I typed the title.

To answer a few comments...I don't live in SA I live in Tyler, which is in between Dallas a Shreveport. I don't have an alarm, but one is now in the works. I'm also it was pretty sure it was random and not planned. They came on a Monday...which is a day that I don't go to work until 2pm. If they were someone I knew they would have planned it on a day that my wife and I were both at work. I went to the gym at 930 and got back at noon(I usually leave earlier and get back sooner). The deed was already done.

The window they chose was odd too...right on the corner of the house facing the street. Not only is it facing the street, but there is a T-intersection right in front of my house. My neighbor could have easily looked out the window and seen it going down...as they had to take everything out the window(my doors lock with a key on both sides of the door). The whole thing was pretty stupid and they are damn lucky. It will run out on them one of these days.

DPG21920
11-02-2010, 06:55 PM
If you have any insurance questions, let me know...

Blake
11-02-2010, 06:58 PM
I caught that too. I hadn't finished my coffee yet when I typed the title.

To answer a few comments...I don't live in SA I live in Tyler, which is in between Dallas a Shreveport. I don't have an alarm, but one is now in the works. I'm also it was pretty sure it was random and not planned. They came on a Monday...which is a day that I don't go to work until 2pm. If they were someone I knew they would have planned it on a day that my wife and I were both at work. I went to the gym at 930 and got back at noon(I usually leave earlier and get back sooner). The deed was already done.

The window they chose was odd too...right on the corner of the house facing the street. Not only is it facing the street, but there is a T-intersection right in front of my house. My neighbor could have easily looked out the window and seen it going down...as they had to take everything out the window(my doors lock with a key on both sides of the door). The whole thing was pretty stupid and they are damn lucky. It will run out on them one of these days.

sounds to me like they were/have been watching you.

most break-ins aren't random and most occur during the day when they know you are gone.

Nathan Explosion
11-02-2010, 10:45 PM
One time a friend of mine came home from a day of work and found a white van parked outside of his house. As he was going in the house, he grabbed a machete that happened to be kept hanging on the coat rack by the front door.

Whoa, this is your friend?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_iZy3KDvxkF8/TIVFuMv-QGI/AAAAAAAAAsE/71ububUJHaM/s1600/machete02.jpg

benefactor
11-03-2010, 05:22 AM
sounds to me like they were/have been watching you.

most break-ins aren't random and most occur during the day when they know you are gone.
That's the thing...I could have come home at any time as my schedule on Monday morning is pretty unpredictable. There are several better days throughout the week where my wife and I aren't home. They may have watched me leave that day, but if they had watched me regularly there is no way they would pick that morning.

benefactor
11-03-2010, 05:24 AM
If you have any insurance questions, let me know...
Will do...thanks.

desflood
11-03-2010, 09:00 AM
Sorry benefactor, that stinks.

i have a pit also and hopefully he fairs better if this happens to my house. he has bitten my brother and my grandma and chased the neighbors kid around the back yard (not sure why he even walked into the back yard).
I sincerely hope you're kidding.

bus driver
11-03-2010, 09:47 AM
Sorry benefactor, that stinks.

I sincerely hope you're kidding.

nope,
my brother was banging on the back door so his wife can open the door, but she was giving my nephew a bath so she didnt hear him and so my dog tasted his forearm and my grandma not sure what she was doing but she opened the garage door when he was in there and she went to pet him and bit her on the hand. luckily a superficial wound.
come to think about it he has never been fond of the male species.

Spurtacular
07-25-2019, 10:54 PM
Looks like I'll be posting from work until the insurance money comes in. I came home to my entire house tossed. Got my computer, digital camera, a 16 track digital mixer, DVD player, a Seiko watch and a bunch of random stuff like my electric razor:ihit and my wifes makeup bag:wtf. Thankfully I have one of those big Sentry fireproof gun safes that I keep all my valuable stuff and important documents in. There is also basically nothing of worth on my computer except the pictures I lost. I don't do any online banking or buy much of anything from my house. It's a very old machine that works just well enough to log onto Spurstalk.

Oh...and so much for pitbulls being vicious. Mine stays out in my house during the day and obviously watched whoever it was take everything. When I opened the door to my wrecked house he walked up to me with his head down wagging his tail as to say, "I'm glad you are here. I was so scared." I'm glad he is safe. He's more important that all that crap I can replace.

Which one of your ex wife's lovers cleaned you out?