PDA

View Full Version : Voting

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 09:22 AM
I didn't vote early and after I get back into town today I'll have about an hour to vote if I so choose to.

The problem is with every political email I get telling me to vote I feel more disgusted with the current situation and trend towards apathy. If the democrats have lost me - a very motivated and passionate supporter 2 years ago - how do they have anyone?

For the first time in my adult life I'm considering just not voting.

TeyshaBlue
11-02-2010, 09:26 AM
I didn't vote early and after I get back into town today I'll have about an hour to vote if I so choose to.

The problem is with every political email I get telling me to vote I feel more disgusted with the current situation and trend towards apathy. If the democrats have lost me - a very motivated and passionate supporter 2 years ago - how do they have anyone?

I'll continue to write in Gary Bussey.:lol

My vote for White will be cast in futility it appears, but it will be cast.:depressed

BlairForceDejuan
11-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Voting on election day is a pain in the ass. During the primaries I showed up to my precinct (according to the official website) and it was the wrong one.

Early voting takes 5 minutes. Just vote though dude. It'll make you feel good for about 10 minutes assuming upon your exit you don't walk past a goober that is about to cancel out your vote.

George Gervin's Afro
11-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Yes my vote for Bill White is for naught...:(

Perry is such a dickhead

BlairForceDejuan
11-02-2010, 09:45 AM
I voted for Katherine Glass lulz

Sportcamper
11-02-2010, 09:54 AM
I am pretty sure that Democrats get to vote on Wednesday the 3rd….

coyotes_geek
11-02-2010, 09:55 AM
I voted for Katherine Glass lulz

Same here. Her and just about every other Libertarian who showed up on the ballot.

I feel your pain, but apathy isn't the answer. Most of my votes go to 3rd party candidates. I know they never win, but I get the personal satisfaction of having done my civic duty while getting it on the record that I think neither of our two political parties are putting forth acceptable candidates.

At least that's how I see it.

baseline bum
11-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Once the Democrats blew health care reform, I knew there was zero chance I'd vote their sorry asses back into office in 2010. I doubt I'll vote in 2012 either. Fuck them for having the keys turned over to them to fix Bush's mess and then not doing anything constructive.

Giuseppe
11-02-2010, 10:23 AM

I can confirm that.

jack sommerset
11-02-2010, 10:25 AM
(R) across the board. Fuck u Barry!

Crookshanks
11-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Manny - I hope there are lots of other democrats all across the country who feel like you do and just stay home! Watching the election returns tonight is going to be such fun.

clambake
11-02-2010, 10:37 AM
you'll be chewing your cud......so turn it up loud.

Yonivore
11-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Perry is such a dickhead
At least he's not a liberal.

Yonivore
11-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Well, they already get to vote early and often, after they're dead, from prison, and if they don't exist. Why not tomorrow too.

They can't cheat if it's not close and, in many, many races, it's not close.

FromWayDowntown
11-02-2010, 11:02 AM
I voted today and was in and out of my precinct in about 5 minutes.

Parker2112
11-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Dems sound like a bunch of pussies. Not vote? takes too long? wtf?

Yonivore
11-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Dems sound like a bunch of pussies. Not vote? takes too long? wtf?
Just like the other 364 days of the year, they're counting on [Obama] government to take care of it.

Lord knows, Obama, Reid, and Pelosi are scrambling to figure out how the cheat themselves over the wave of conservatives hitting the poll today. Hell, they've got an army parachuting into Nevada.

Yonivore
11-02-2010, 11:17 AM
IRk054bz44g

Liberal pundits have spent the past 18 months calling Americans with whom they disagree racists and questioning their intelligence, sanity and patriotism.

But today we vote, and that’s all that matters.

Blaming Americans isn't a good way to win their votes.

Parker2112
11-02-2010, 11:27 AM
So because your party is corrupt, your whole identity is gone now because you are first and foremost a DEMOCRAT, why vote?

Just fucking laughable. Be an American first and you wont have this problem. This is why I rail on the two-party paradigm...its good for nothing but brainwashing and disenfranchisement.

Yonivore
11-02-2010, 11:31 AM
So because your party is corrupt, your whole identity is gone now because you are first and foremost a DEMOCRAT, why vote?

Just fucking laughable. Be an American first and you wont have this problem. This is why I rail on the two-party paradigm...its good for nothing but brainwashing and disenfranchisement.
You'd have a point if today's Democrats were anything like Kennedy or Truman but, hell, there aren't many Republicans as conservative as Kennedy or Truman.

Personally, I don't see how anyone can vote Democrat today and still consider themselves an American.

Winehole23
11-02-2010, 11:36 AM
Personally, I don't see how anyone can vote Democrat today and still consider themselves an American.You mean, you don't really consider them American.

Cry Havoc
11-02-2010, 11:42 AM
Manny - I hope there are lots of other democrats all across the country who feel like you do and just stay home! Watching the election returns tonight is going to be such fun.

Not as fun as watching you completely leave the political forum due to being embarrassed so many times on so many different threads.

Because the Democrats suck but most of the Republican party scares me even more than they do. And that's saying something.

Totally agree.

Personally, I don't see how anyone can vote Democrat today and still consider themselves an American.

Do you want to save a couple of pages of arguing and just start calling people who vote for a party that you don't agree with "Nazi sympathizers"?

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 11:45 AM
I feel your pain, but apathy isn't the answer. Most of my votes go to 3rd party candidates. I know they never win, but I get the personal satisfaction of having done my civic duty while getting it on the record that I think neither of our two political parties are putting forth acceptable candidates.

At least that's how I see it.

I guess Ive come to see voting as a form of people patting themselves on the back now. I don't think people's civic duty begins and ends in the voting booth but thats the lie thats passed out with every "I voted" sticker.

How many people will cast informed votes today?

I also can't just get satisfaction out of voting for a name on the ballot that has no chance at winning. I don't think I can just go give myself a pat on the back this year for doing something I view as utterly meaningless.

TeyshaBlue
11-02-2010, 11:48 AM
I guess Ive come to see voting as a form of people patting themselves on the back now. I don't think people's civic duty begins and ends in the voting booth but thats the lie thats passed out with every "I voted" sticker.

I also can't just get satisfaction out of voting for a name on the ballot that has no chance at winning. I don't think I can just go give myself a pat on the back this year for doing something I view as utterly meaningless.

You are externalizing something that should be primarily an internal motivation. Feel futile? Understandable. Because so many others are idiots? Not an excuse in my books. Hell, if I let idiots run my life I'd likely be locked in an office running sales analy.....wait a minute.:depressed

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 11:50 AM

You're such a fucking obnoxious idiot. Its not about "my" party in the least. I love Democrats about as much as you love having a reasonable viewpoint. In other words, not at all.

You think I like the two party system? You think I like having choices defined by 2 major conglomerates of money?

Sorry, but going to vote for some fucking 3rd party jerkoff isn't going to change a damn thing because there are hundreds of Crookshanks out there on either side who are voting on absolute bullshit that far outnumber me.

Thanks for your post though. You can chalk this up to one more thread where you show just how brilliant you are.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 11:53 AM
You are externalizing something that should be primarily an internal motivation. Feel futile? Understandable. Because so many others are idiots? Not an excuse in my books. Hell, if I let idiots run my life I'd likely be locked in an office running sales analy.....wait a minute.:depressed

Yeah, we can say shit like we aren't letting the crazies run the asylum but that pretty much flies out the door when you look at our government. I know I've used this in several posts lately but how the fuck can I expect a population who can't even name the vice president to make good electoral decisions? They outnumber me and they have the same rights. How can anyone see that and NOT be discouraged?

If I held up two pictures, one of Snooki and one of Joe Biden, to the average person who would more identify correctly?

Yonivore
11-02-2010, 11:58 AM
You mean, you don't really consider them American.
No, I said what I meant.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 11:58 AM
What is so unAmerican about the democrats that can't instantly be applied to the GOP?

Yonivore
11-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Do you want to save a couple of pages of arguing and just start calling people who vote for a party that you don't agree with "Nazi sympathizers"?
Nope, but you go ahead.

boutons_deux
11-02-2010, 12:03 PM
questioning their intelligence"

... the tea baggers and other red-state bubba are unintelligent because they think voting Repug is voting self-interest

"sanity"

Forgetting about insane quotes and general nastiness from tea bag candidate, there's plenty of insanity from mainstream Repug candidate (like bomb Mecca and Medina, etc, etc)

"patriotism"

wasting 1000s of US military lives in bogus and botched wars is NOT PATRIOTIC, and actively supporting the super-rich and corps AGAINST citizens is NOT PATRIOTIC.

Cry Havoc
11-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Nope, but you go ahead.

Hey, don't start pointing fingers. That's the gravitas of the political party you claim allegiance to. I don't like the Republicans or Dems right now, but I can disagree with them in good conscience without putting a Hitler mustache on either party. Which is more than I can say for Rush, Hannity, or Beck, and they run the show for you guys these days. Don't parrot what they say if you don't want to be held to it.

Ashy Larry
11-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Once the Democrats blew health care reform, I knew there was zero chance I'd vote their sorry asses back into office in 2010. I doubt I'll vote in 2012 either. Fuck them for having the keys turned over to them to fix Bush's mess and then not doing anything constructive.

basically.

Yonivore
11-02-2010, 12:24 PM
basically.
If only they had stopped at "not doing anything constructive."

Winehole23
11-02-2010, 12:25 PM
No, I said what I meant.It's called projection. You meant what I said too. Your demonization of others for mere differences of opinion is legendary in this forum.

You can run from yourself but you can't hide.

Ashy Larry
11-02-2010, 12:29 PM
If only they had stopped at "not doing anything constructive."

it's just both sides are failures and untrustworthy ........ since that's the case, where do we go from here?

Cry Havoc
11-02-2010, 12:30 PM
it's just both sides are failures and untrustworthy ........ since that's the case, where do we go from here?

http://www.citadelrecords.com/WebRoot/StoreES/Shops/citadelrecords_002E_com/491C/6989/B8D6/5EC6/139A/C0A8/969A/A413/citadel876.jpg

Ashy Larry
11-02-2010, 12:35 PM
http://www.citadelrecords.com/WebRoot/StoreES/Shops/citadelrecords_002E_com/491C/6989/B8D6/5EC6/139A/C0A8/969A/A413/citadel876.jpg

lol ..... long as it's not in Ciudad Juarez

ElNono
11-02-2010, 12:37 PM
:corn:

baseline bum
11-02-2010, 12:50 PM
:corn:

I agree. It's much more fun to sit back and watch the nation go down in flames than to try to bail water out of the ship when both sides keep shooting torpedoes into it.

Cry Havoc
11-02-2010, 12:52 PM
I agree. It's much more fun to sit back and watch the nation go down in flames than to try to bail water out of the ship when both sides keep shooting torpedoes into it.

To be fair, they're aiming for each other. The American public is just sitting in the middle. The thing is, we could shoot back and kill them, but we aren't as spineless as they are.

Yonivore
11-02-2010, 12:52 PM
It's called projection.
No, it's called saying what you mean.

Winehole23
11-02-2010, 12:58 PM
What you said made very little sense unless Democrats think exactly as you do.

baseline bum
11-02-2010, 12:59 PM
To be fair, they're aiming for each other. The American public is just sitting in the middle. The thing is, we could shoot back and kill them, but we aren't as spineless as they are.

Nah, they're aiming at us.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Voting on election day is a pain in the ass. During the primaries I showed up to my precinct (according to the official website) and it was the wrong one.

Early voting takes 5 minutes. Just vote though dude. It'll make you feel good for about 10 minutes assuming upon your exit you don't walk past a goober that is about to cancel out your vote.
You went to the wrong one?

Did your address change since you registered?

ElNono
11-02-2010, 01:01 PM

I can't vote. It's not like I have a choice.
Might aswell sit back and enjoy the fireworks.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 01:01 PM
No, that's when their operatives in the elections office find more votes so their candidates win.

ElNono
11-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Fraud thread!!!!! :dramaquee

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 01:03 PM
I can't vote. It's not like I have a choice.
Might aswell sit back and enjoy the fireworks.

Convicted Felon? :lol

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Pick my candiates El Nono and I'll cast your vote.

ElNono
11-02-2010, 01:04 PM
I'm a US legal resident. As such, I have no voice in this country when it comes to voting.

ElNono
11-02-2010, 01:05 PM
That should change in the next couple of years though...

ElNono
11-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Pick my candiates El Nono and I'll cast your vote.

Nah man... you do your thing. I'll probably hate having to go vote once I'm allowed :lol

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Convicted Felon? :lol
Legal immigrant. Not a citizen.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 01:08 PM
:lol

I was just fucking with you man, I figured you were an illegal here to take our jobs.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Legal immigrant. Not a citizen.

Thanks for posting that a few posts after he had done so. Really reinforced the point. Thanks. No really, thanks.

baseline bum
11-02-2010, 01:09 PM

I was just fucking with you man, I figured you were an illegal here to take our jobs.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 01:10 PM
BRB checking candidate platforms to see which one is planning to through out all the ElNonos and save my American job.

baseline bum
If you're still a Texas resident, re-elect Ann Richards.

Wild Cobra
Thanks for posting that a few posts after he had done so. Really reinforced the point. Thanks. No really, thanks.
That's just what happens when we respond to posts as we read them. Didn't know it was addressed yet, and not concerned either.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 01:11 PM
Nah, registered in NM the moment I moved to help establish my residency ASAP. Out of state tuition is a mfer.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 01:11 PM
BRB checking candidate platforms to see which one is planning to through out all the ElNonos and save my American job.
None of them. I'm not aware of a single candidate in favor of stopping legal immigration.

Yonivore
11-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Nah, registered in NM the moment I moved to help establish my residency ASAP. Out of state tuition is a mfer.
Way to game the system.

baseline bum
11-02-2010, 01:13 PM

Dammit, a dead governor is much better than a governor for life.

baseline bum
11-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Way to game the system.

Except that he works there, lives there, and pays taxes there.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Way to game the system.

Um, how the fuck am I gaming the system? NM law states that if you establish residency for a year you're allowed to apply for resident level tuition. Considering I'm following the law to the letter and after a year of paying state taxes I damn well think I have a right to that.

Way to make yourself look like a fucking moron - again.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 01:16 PM
None of them. I'm not aware of a single candidate in favor of stopping legal immigration.

Oh I'm sure I can find one.

Yonivore
11-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Um, how the fuck am I gaming the system? NM law states that if you establish residency for a year you're allowed to apply for resident level tuition. Considering I'm following the law to the letter and after a year of paying state taxes I damn well think I have a right to that.

Way to make yourself look like a fucking moron - again.
So, you established a residence in New Mexico just to avoid higher tuition and, in doing so, deprived yourself of an opportunity to vote here?

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 01:19 PM
I live in New Mexico you stupid fuck.

ElNono

MannyIsGod

baseline bum
11-02-2010, 01:20 PM
So, you established a residence in New Mexico just to avoid higher tuition and, in doing so, deprived yourself of an opportunity to vote here?

What the fuck would he keep residency in Texas for when he doesn't live there anymore?

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Dig the hole deeper, Yonivore. Please. Reinforce my belief that idiots like you have lack basic reading comprehension skills think its unamerican to vote democrat.

ElNono
11-02-2010, 01:21 PM

I also married one of your women too. Gonna make the search more difficult to find somebody that is against that (unless you're in Arizona :lol)

baseline bum
11-02-2010, 01:24 PM
Dig the hole deeper, Yonivore. Please. Reinforce my belief that idiots like you have lack basic reading comprehension skills think its unamerican to vote democrat.

It's unamerican to get an education.

TeyshaBlue
11-02-2010, 01:31 PM

They have colleges in NM? :p::lol

TeyshaBlue
11-02-2010, 01:33 PM

Just stop. Let me get your coat.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Oh I'm sure I can find one.
Please do.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Please don't make me agree with Manny, but I think you're barking up the wrong tree on this one.

elbamba
11-02-2010, 02:21 PM
I voted but it took me about an hour. I only voted in the local elections, I left the federal ones blank. I can no longer vote for someone I believe is the lesser of two evils. People should earn our votes.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Maybe this will help:

2010 Pig Book (http://www.cagw.org/assets/pig-book-files/2010/2010-pig-book-summary.pdf)

from page 67:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x262/Wild_Cobra/Politics/2010porkbookpage63.jpg

main link:

2010 Pig Book Summary (http://www.cagw.org/reports/pig-book/2010/)

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 02:38 PM
I voted but it took me about an hour. I only voted in the local elections, I left the federal ones blank. I can no longer vote for someone I believe is the lesser of two evils. People should earn our votes.
Normally I agree and vote third party. This year, I want the demonrats out.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 02:40 PM
I wonder how many on this unofficial Tea Party supported list (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/10/31/tea-party-candidates-midterm-election/) will win:

U.S. Senate

Alaska: Joe Miller

Arkansas: John Boozman

Colorado: Ken Buck

Delaware: Christine O'Donnell

Florida: Marco Rubio

Idaho: Mike Crapo

Kansas: Jerry Moran

Kentucky: Rand Paul

Nevada: Sharron Angle

North Dakota: John Hoeven

Oklahoma: Tom Coburn

South Carolina: Jim DeMint

South Dakota: John Thune

Utah: Mike Lee

Washington: Dino Rossi

U.S. House of Representatives

Alabama

4th District: Robert Aderholt

5th District: Mo Brooks

Arizona

1st District: Paul Anthony Gosar

4th District: Janet Contreras

5th District: David Schweikert

7th District: Ruth McClung

8th District: Jesse Kelly

Arkansas

2nd District: Tim Griffin

4th District: Beth Anne Rankin

California

1st District: Loren Hanks

2nd District: Wall Herger

3rd District: Dan Lungren

4th District: Tom McClintock

11th District: David Harmer

18th District: Michael Clare Berryhill Sr.

20th District: Andy Vidak

21st District: Devin Nunes

22nd District: Kevin McCarthy

23rd District: Tom Watson

24th District: Elton Gallegly

25th District: Buck McKeon

29th District: John Colbert

30th District: Star Parker

40th District: Ed Royce

41st District: Jerry Lewis

42nd District: Gary Miller

44th District: Ken Calvert

46th District: Dana Rohrbacher

47th District: Van Tran

48th District: John Campbell

50th District: Brian Bilbray

Colorado

1st District: Mike Fallon

2nd District: Stephen Baily

3rd District: Scott Tipton

4th District: Cory Gardner

5th District: Doug Lamborn

6th District: Mike Coffman

7th District: Ryan Frazier

Delaware

1st District: Glen Urquhart

Hawaii

1st District: Charles Djou

Idaho

1st District: Raul Labrador

2nd District: Michael Simpson

Kansas

1st District: Tim Huelskamp

2nd District: Lynn Jenkins

3rd District: Kevin Yoder

4th District: Mike Pompeo

Massachusetts

3rd District: Marty Lamb

4th District: Sean Bielat

5th District: John Golnik

6th District: Bill Hudak

10th District: Jeff Perry

Michigan

1st District: Dan Benishek

2nd District: Bill Huizenga

3rd District: Justin Amash

4th District: David Camp

5th District: John Kupiec

6th District: Fred Upton

7th District: Lee Byberg

8th District: Chip Cravaack

Minnesota

1st District: Rand Demmer

2nd District: John Kline

3rd District: Erik Paulsen

4th District: Teresa Collett

5th District: Joel Demos

6th District Michele Bachmann

Montana

At Large: Denny Rehberg

Nebraska

1st District: Jeff Fortenberry

2nd District: Lee Terry

3rd District: Adrian Smith

Nevada

2nd District: Dean Heller

3rd District: Joe Heck

New Mexico

1st District: Jon Barela

2nd District: Steve Pearce

3rd District: Tom Mullins

New York

4th District: Fran Becker

27th District: Leonard Roberto

North Dakota

At Large: Rick Berg

Oklahoma

1st District: John Sullivan

2nd District: Charles Thompson

4th District: Art Robinson

5th District: Scott Bruun

South Dakota

At Large: Kristi Noem

Utah

1st District: Rob Bishop

2nd District: Morgan Philpot

3rd District: Jason Chaffetz

Washington

1st District: James Watkins

2nd District: John Koster

3rd District: Jamie Herrara

4th District: Doc Hastings

5th District: Cathy McMorris

6th District: Doug Cloud

9th District: Dick Muri

Wyoming

At Large: Cynthia Lummis

Governor

Arkansas: Jim Keet

Colorado: Tom Tancredo

Florida: Rick Scott

Minnesota: Tom Emmer

New Mexico: Susana Martinez

New York: Carl Paladino

Oklahoma: Mary Fallin

South Carolina: Nikki Haley

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Maybe this will help too. From Citizens Against Government Waste (http://www.cagw.org/):

2009 congressional record (http://ccagwratings.org/?page_id=733)

Cry Havoc
11-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Please don't make me agree with Manny, but I think you're barking up the wrong tree on this one.

Why are you so hesitant to agree with someone? Does it matter who they are if they are correct in assessing a situation? I have no problem and don't "hate agreeing with you" when you make a factual statement or a valid opinion, WC.

Winehole23
11-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Took about ten minutes. I voted for a bunch of nobodies.

Winehole23
11-02-2010, 03:11 PM
I'm still agonizing over my vote on Prop 1, though. Not sure whether it's only 2/3 crappy or completely crappy. Nor am I very sure about the wisdom of paying for maintenance with more debt . Is that normal?

But hell, for all I know some of the stuff that looks like extraneous bullcrap to me could turn out to be good ideas. (Transportation isn't all about cars.)

The laundry list of projects is kinda long. It was a bit much for me to sort out.

(Where'd you come out on it, CG?)

scott
11-02-2010, 03:22 PM
I wonder how many on this unofficial Tea Party supported list (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/10/31/tea-party-candidates-midterm-election/) will win:

Serious question: did the Tea Party not engage itself in Texas? Or are there just no Tea Party candidates? Don't see anyone listed in your posted list (but didn't click the link).

Anyway, the two races I'm most concerned about are Bexar County DA and our State BOE seat.

Susan Reed has got to go.

Ken Mercer is a driving force behind what makes our state look like idiots when we ban Thomas Jefferson and the existence of Islam from our history books, and try to introduce Creationist beliefs into science books.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Serious question: did the Tea Party not engage itself in Texas? Or are there just no Tea Party candidates? Don't see anyone listed in your posted list (but didn't click the link).

I didn't scrutinize the list. Nobody from Oregon, where I live either.

Anyway, the two races I'm most concerned about are Bexar County DA and our State BOE seat.

Susan Reed has got to go.

Don't know your area politics. With I could say hope for the same with Ron Wyden. Oregon is a rather solid blue state though. Except for the 5th district, anyone not a democrat has a real tough time winning, and are usually RINO's.

coyotes_geek
11-02-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm still agonizing over my vote on Prop 1, though. Not sure whether it's only 2/3 crappy or completely crappy. Nor am I very sure about the wisdom of paying for maintenance with more debt . Is that normal?

But hell, for all I know some of the stuff that looks like extraneous bullcrap to me could turn out to be good ideas. (Transportation isn't all about cars.)

The laundry list of projects is kinda long. It was a bit much for me to sort out.

(Where'd you come out on it, CG?)

I'm just outside city limits, so I didn't get to vote on it. I'd have voted for it though if I had the chance. I do work in that field though so take that for what it's worth.

As unbiased an answer as I can muster, I will say there's definitely some fluff in there that I think Austin could do without, but I think the good far exceeds the bad.

To answer your question about paying for maintenance with debt, it's pretty common.

coyotes_geek
11-02-2010, 03:43 PM

The Texas Tea Party movement died when Rick Perry, with Sarah Palin's endorsement, commandeered the campaign and made it his personal campaign machine against Obama (Bill White).

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 03:44 PM
As unbiased an answer as I can muster, I will say there's definitely some fluff in there that I think Austin could do without, but I think the good far exceeds the bad.

I would say that's why things keep getting worse. We accept a little bad for some short term good, but does the bad ever expire? Consider that part.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Whats prop 1 in SA?

Winehole23
11-02-2010, 03:46 PM
As unbiased an answer as I can muster, I will say there's definitely some fluff in there that I think Austin could do without, but I think the good far exceeds the bad. If you find time to amplify on this, I'd sure appreciate it. Contrary to most of my instincts I voted yes on prop 1.

Winehole23
11-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Whats prop 1 in SA?Austin. Infrastructure grab bag. $90 million bond issue.

coyotes_geek
11-02-2010, 03:48 PM
I would say that's why things keep getting worse. We accept a little bad for some short term good, but does the bad ever expire? Consider that part.

We're talking about roads, not healthcare. Spending some money on some bike lanes that will probably end up being underutilized doesn't give me all that much heartburn considering the number of other road projects included in the proposition that are genuinely needed.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 03:51 PM
We're talking about roads, not healthcare. Spending some money on some bike lanes that will probably end up being underutilized doesn't give me all that much heartburn considering the number of other road projects included in the proposition that are genuinely needed.
Once these bike lanes are established, they become part of the reoccurring cost over time. I'm in favor of licensing bikes and using that cost to help maintain their infrastructure. Roads are supported by gas taxes and shouldn't subsidize bicyclists.

What gets me is they seem to always put bike lanes on the busy streets. Why not the next street over?

Portland has gone crazy with bike lanes. Seems as though they are trying harder and harder to push cars out, and force people to use public transportation if they aren't a bike rider.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Oh boo fucking hoo. The bikes are forcing you off the road.

Americans should bike a hell of a lot more. Its healthier and uses far fewer resources.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Oh boo fucking hoo. The bikes are forcing you off the road.

Americans should bike a hell of a lot more. Its healthier and uses far fewer resources.
Does it rain as much where you live as it does in Portland, Oregon?

Do you get freezing rains and 2 ft of snow at times?

Portland Weather (http://countrystudies.us/united-states/weather/oregon/portland.htm)

EVAY
11-02-2010, 03:57 PM
I always feel like my vote doesn't count in this state. But I vote anyway. I voted against Perry. I voted for SBOE. I have grandchildren in the Texas school system.
The crazies have just GOT to go!!aaa

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 03:57 PM
I live in the mountains. What do you think? In fact, I was just speaking with someone who just moved from Portland and was an avid cyclist there who can't ride as much here due to our cold.

In any event, I was merely making fun of your stupid whining about being forced off the road by bikes and public transportation. You're a god damn fool.

scott
11-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Portland has gone crazy with bike lanes. Seems as though they are trying harder and harder to push cars out, and force people to use public transportation if they aren't a bike rider.

Sounds like Portland is one of the Nation's leaders in "Reducing our Dependence on Foreign Oil" then.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 04:02 PM
In any event, I was merely making fun of your stupid whining about being forced off the road by bikes and public transportation. You're a god damn fool.
I'm mainly upset about it because they use gas taxes to pay for something cars can't use. I hate subsidies. Meanwhile, the potholes go unfilled as traffic lanes get narrower, or reduced in number.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 04:04 PM
Thats ok considering all my taxes go to subsidize protecting your gas consumption and unused roads throughout the state. Hate to tell you this, roads are subsidized with or without bike lanes.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Of course you ignore that because its inconvenient for you.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Sounds like Portland is one of the Nation's leaders in "Reducing our Dependence on Foreign Oil" then.
Liberals run Oregon. Oregon's motto:

Oregon. We Love Dreamers.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 04:06 PM
:(

So sad for you WC

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 04:07 PM
Thats ok considering all my taxes go to subsidize protecting your gas consumption and unused roads throughout the state. Hate to tell you this, roads are subsidized with or without bike lanes.
Your opinion is not fact. Fact is gas taxes are used in Oregon for bike lanes.

scott
11-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Liberals run Oregon. Oregon's motto:

Oregon. We Love Dreamers.

Seeking the relevence to my statement. Feel free to lend a hand anytime.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Fact is gas taxes don't pay for all of roads nor do they pay for protection of your oil assets overseas.

CosmicCowboy
11-02-2010, 04:09 PM
SA's props were 1) 1/8 cent sales tax to buy more land over the aquifer and 2) 1/8 cent sales tax to do long green belt/parks in all the creek flood plains in town...

I voted no on #1 and yes on #2

Cry Havoc
I'm mainly upset about it because they use gas taxes to pay for something cars can't use. I hate subsidies. Meanwhile, the potholes go unfilled as traffic lanes get narrower, or reduced in number.

Right. You want to subsidize things you use but other people might feel no need for.

Wild Cobra
Seeking the relevence to my statement. Feel free to lend a hand anytime.
You are right. Oregon is a leader at attempting to rid the people of their right to drive.

scott
11-02-2010, 04:10 PM
You are right. Oregon is a leader at attempting to rid the people of their right to drive.

Driving is a right?

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 04:11 PM
SA's props were 1) 1/8 cent sales tax to buy more land over the aquifer and 2) 1/8 cent sales tax to do long green belt/parks in all the creek flood plains in town...

I voted no on #1 and yes on #2

Prop one seems pretty important but probably too expensive too. Prop 2 is meh but its not terrible depending on how the develop the parks.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Right. You want to subsidize things you use but other people might feel no need for.
What am I asking to be subsidized?

Gas taxes go to roads. Roads are a government function anyway. Even by constitution, "To establish Post Offices and Post Roads;" Gas taxes are established for the roads, and paid for by users of fuel. If bicyclists want to use the road with their own special lanes, then they should not be paid for from gas taxes like they are in Oregon.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Driving is a right?
Spin much?

Cry Havoc
11-02-2010, 04:16 PM
What am I asking to be subsidized?

Gas taxes go to roads. Roads are a government function anyway. Even by constitution, "To establish Post Offices and Post Roads;" Gas taxes are established for the roads, and paid for by users of fuel. If bicyclists want to use the road with their own special lanes, then they should not be paid for from gas taxes like they are in Oregon.

Then don't complain about bikers using the road, and get used to following behind them at 15-20 mph. They have every bit as much a right to the lane as you do. Some would say more so, since they aren't subsidizing our county's dependence on foreign oil.

You can't have it both ways. Either you relinquish your right to dominate the road and allow for cycling traffic (realizing that millions of dollars in lawsuits are going to result because of vehicular road rage/accidents when someone behind the wheel of a 2 ton slog plows over a biker), or you help bike lanes to be built so they can use the roads the same as you do at their own speed. Don't like it? Tough. Roads are not exclusively for personal motor vehicles with internal combustion engines.

CosmicCowboy
11-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Prop one seems pretty important but probably too expensive too. Prop 2 is meh but its not terrible depending on how the develop the parks.

Actually, the creek parks would be perfect for San Antonio...they could give people a place close to home to walk/jog//bike away from traffic in a relatively "natural" setting...I know I would only be a couple minutes from one if they developed it...

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Then don't complain about bikers using the road, and get used to following behind them at 15-20 mph. They have every bit as much a right to the lane as you do. Some would say more so, since they aren't subsidizing our county's dependence on foreign oil.

You can't have it both ways. Either you relinquish your right to dominate the road and allow for cycling traffic, or you help bike lanes to be built so they can use the roads the same as you do. Don't like it? Tough. Roads are not exclusively for personal motor vehicles with internal combustion engines.
Love how you conveniently IGNORE my earlier points asshole. I never said I was against them using the roads.

Shit. I started explaining, but it's obvious. You don't care about my points. You are going to disagree anyway.

coyotes_geek
11-02-2010, 04:21 PM
If you find time to amplify on this, I'd sure appreciate it. Contrary to most of my instincts I voted yes on prop 1.

I think all the neighborhood street reconstruction stuff is more than justified. The "prettying up" of the downtown streets is also good IMO.

There's alot of preliminary engineering and mobility studies. For the most part I think those are good, they'll help prioritize projects which is a big deal considering how construction dollars are hard to come by these days. But there are some where there's no chance of the study ever leading to a construction project and that doesn't have any value to the taxpayer IMO. For example, I don't see a point in doing a mobility study for I-35 because it's F'd up, we know it, and there's nothing we can do about it. So what's the point?

The traffic management stuff out in Oak Hill and on 183 are good.

Not really a fan of the Guadalupe bike lanes.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that the Boardwalk is needed, but as someone who likes to jog along the lake from time to time I don't have a problem with it.

Cry Havoc
11-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Love how you conveniently IGNORE my earlier points asshole. I never said I was against them using the roads.

Shit. I started explaining, but it's obvious. You don't care about my points. You are going to disagree anyway.

I'm sorry, I didn't feel like scrolling through stellar posts like this:

I wonder how many on this unofficial Tea Party supported list will win:

U.S. Senate

Alaska: Joe Miller

Arkansas: John Boozman

Colorado: Ken Buck

Delaware: Christine O'Donnell

Florida: Marco Rubio

Idaho: Mike Crapo

Kansas: Jerry Moran

Kentucky: Rand Paul

Nevada: Sharron Angle

North Dakota: John Hoeven

Oklahoma: Tom Coburn

South Carolina: Jim DeMint

South Dakota: John Thune

Utah: Mike Lee

Washington: Dino Rossi

U.S. House of Representatives

Alabama

4th District: Robert Aderholt

5th District: Mo Brooks

Arizona

1st District: Paul Anthony Gosar

4th District: Janet Contreras

5th District: David Schweikert

7th District: Ruth McClung

8th District: Jesse Kelly

Arkansas

2nd District: Tim Griffin

4th District: Beth Anne Rankin

California

1st District: Loren Hanks

2nd District: Wall Herger

3rd District: Dan Lungren

4th District: Tom McClintock

11th District: David Harmer

18th District: Michael Clare Berryhill Sr.

20th District: Andy Vidak

21st District: Devin Nunes

22nd District: Kevin McCarthy

23rd District: Tom Watson

24th District: Elton Gallegly

25th District: Buck McKeon

29th District: John Colbert

30th District: Star Parker

40th District: Ed Royce

41st District: Jerry Lewis

42nd District: Gary Miller

44th District: Ken Calvert

46th District: Dana Rohrbacher

47th District: Van Tran

48th District: John Campbell

50th District: Brian Bilbray

Colorado

1st District: Mike Fallon

2nd District: Stephen Baily

3rd District: Scott Tipton

4th District: Cory Gardner

5th District: Doug Lamborn

6th District: Mike Coffman

7th District: Ryan Frazier

Delaware

1st District: Glen Urquhart

Hawaii

1st District: Charles Djou

Idaho

1st District: Raul Labrador

2nd District: Michael Simpson

Kansas

1st District: Tim Huelskamp

2nd District: Lynn Jenkins

3rd District: Kevin Yoder

4th District: Mike Pompeo

Massachusetts

3rd District: Marty Lamb

4th District: Sean Bielat

5th District: John Golnik

6th District: Bill Hudak

10th District: Jeff Perry

Michigan

1st District: Dan Benishek

2nd District: Bill Huizenga

3rd District: Justin Amash

4th District: David Camp

5th District: John Kupiec

6th District: Fred Upton

Minnesota

1st District: Rand Demmer

2nd District: John Kline

3rd District: Erik Paulsen

4th District: Teresa Collett

5th District: Joel Demos

6th District Michele Bachmann

Montana

At Large: Denny Rehberg

Nebraska

1st District: Jeff Fortenberry

2nd District: Lee Terry

3rd District: Adrian Smith

Nevada

2nd District: Dean Heller

3rd District: Joe Heck

New Mexico

1st District: Jon Barela

2nd District: Steve Pearce

3rd District: Tom Mullins

New York

4th District: Fran Becker

27th District: Leonard Roberto

North Dakota

At Large: Rick Berg

Oklahoma

1st District: John Sullivan

2nd District: Charles Thompson

4th District: Art Robinson

5th District: Scott Bruun

South Dakota

At Large: Kristi Noem

Utah

1st District: Rob Bishop

2nd District: Morgan Philpot

3rd District: Jason Chaffetz

Washington

1st District: James Watkins

2nd District: John Koster

3rd District: Jamie Herrara

4th District: Doc Hastings

5th District: Cathy McMorris

6th District: Doug Cloud

9th District: Dick Muri

Wyoming

At Large: Cynthia Lummis

Governor

Arkansas: Jim Keet

Colorado: Tom Tancredo

Florida: Rick Scott

Minnesota: Tom Emmer

New Mexico: Susana Martinez

New York: Carl Paladino

Oklahoma: Mary Fallin

South Carolina: Nikki Haley

To find out your opinion on everything in this thread. Maybe keep from posting things that are 6 pages long and I'll consider reading more of what you write.

Winehole23
11-02-2010, 04:26 PM
I think all the neighborhood street reconstruction stuff is more than justified. The "prettying up" of the downtown streets is also good IMO.

There's alot of preliminary engineering and mobility studies. For the most part I think those are good, they'll help prioritize projects which is a big deal considering how construction dollars are hard to come by these days. But there are some where there's no chance of the study ever leading to a construction project and that doesn't have any value to the taxpayer IMO. For example, I don't see a point in doing a mobility study for I-35 because it's F'd up, we know it, and there's nothing we can do about it. So what's the point?

The traffic management stuff out in Oak Hill and on 183 are good.

Not really a fan of the Guadalupe bike lanes.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that the Boardwalk is needed, but as someone who likes to jog along the lake from time to time I don't have a problem with it.Thanks for your take on it. I feel a little better.

Will the bonds be approved in your opinion?

coyotes_geek
11-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Once these bike lanes are established, they become part of the reoccurring cost over time. I'm in favor of licensing bikes and using that cost to help maintain their infrastructure. Roads are supported by gas taxes and shouldn't subsidize bicyclists.

What gets me is they seem to always put bike lanes on the busy streets. Why not the next street over?

Anything you build is going to cost money over time, bike lanes are no different.

I'm not opposed to bike lanes and don't have a problem with cities spending money on them. That being said, I agree that taking vehicle capacity away from congested streets to put in bike lanes is a bad idea.

Not sure how it works in Oregon, but in Texas cities can't levy gas taxes. So it's not a case of gas tax money being used to fund bike lanes.

scott
11-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Spin much?

Where's the spin?

More aptly, where is the relevence to my original statement I was looking for?

coyotes_geek
11-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Thanks for your take on it. I feel a little better.

You're welcome.

Will the bonds be approved in your opinion?

I think so.

DarrinS
11-02-2010, 04:41 PM
I guess Manny has legitimate reasons for being disillusioned with Dems.

For everyone else,

IRk054bz44g

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 05:02 PM
I love how WC ignores the fact that gas taxes are not enough to support roads while he keeps saying that his gas taxes pay for his roads.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 05:07 PM
In any event - I'm going to go ahead and cast a ballot when I get home. As pissed off and annoyed as I am, I know that shit doesn't fix itself and no one pays attention to those who don't vote.

CosmicCowboy
11-02-2010, 05:18 PM
Manny, I'll still pay attention to you if you don't vote. :)

Drachen
11-02-2010, 05:19 PM
In any event - I'm going to go ahead and cast a ballot when I get home. As pissed off and annoyed as I am, I know that shit doesn't fix itself and no one pays attention to those who don't vote.

Thank you. I knew you would get it before it was too late. This is why I didn't want to weigh in, it would have just caused more of an argument to come to the same conclusion that I figured would happen anyway.

SnakeBoy
11-02-2010, 05:26 PM

Yep, they are all stupid otherwise they would love the democrats. I'm looking forward to two years of liberals whining about how everyone is stupid except them.

CosmicCowboy
11-02-2010, 05:30 PM
I know I really work at trying to be an informed voter but have to admit that in some of the small local races, especially for the boards, water districts, etc. I don't really have a clue...I will typically just not to vote in that election if I don't have an informed opinion.

scott
11-02-2010, 05:42 PM
I know I really work at trying to be an informed voter but have to admit that in some of the small local races, especially for the boards, water districts, etc. I don't really have a clue...I will typically just not to vote in that election if I don't have an informed opinion.

:toast That's my approach too. That is one of the reasons I have a problem with people who choose the straight ballot option - especially in tiny races where party affiliation has no bearing on how that office will be run, and in fact the candidate my not even really share that party's believes, they are just running on the the party's reputation.

Personally, I wish the (R) (D) (I) (Whatever) would be eliminated from the ballot along with the straight party vote to force voters to research ahead of time (or pick the prettiest name).

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 05:45 PM
I actually care more about the constitutional amendments on the ballot here. I'm voting Dem on the top 3 offices up for grabs but the GOP will capture the governorship and the congressional district is one the Dems are likely to hold onto. On a side note, while the GOP is going to take the govenership here it will be a woman for the first time in NM's history.

Shelly
11-02-2010, 05:46 PM
There were so many judges on the ballot that I finally said fuck it as i had no idea who they were. And I also don't like be approached in the parking lot by some jerk trying to get me to vote for their candidate.

Yonivore
11-02-2010, 05:46 PM
:toast That's my approach too. That is one of the reasons I have a problem with people who choose the straight ballot option - especially in tiny races where party affiliation has no bearing on how that office will be run, and in fact the candidate my not even really share that party's believes, they are just running on the the party's reputation.

Personally, I wish the (R) (D) (I) (Whatever) would be eliminated from the ballot along with the straight party vote to force voters to research ahead of time (or pick the prettiest name).
That would really put a cramp in the Democrat machines that carry uninformed voters by the busload to polling places all day long; don't you think?

coyotes_geek
11-02-2010, 05:48 PM

Can't do that. 4 out of 5 voters would be lost. Maybe more like 9 out of 10.

MannyIsGod
Constitutional Amendment 1, extending college scholarships for our more recent war veterans:

I will definitely be voting for this.

Constitutional Amendent 2, allowing county elected officials three consecutive terms instead of two: Yeah fuck this.

Constitutional Amendment 5, allowing state legislators to take politically appointed jobs during the term to which they were elected: Fuck this bullshit too.

Winehole23
I know I really work at trying to be an informed voter but have to admit that in some of the small local races, especially for the boards, water districts, etc. I don't really have a clue...I will typically just not to vote in that election if I don't have an informed opinion.I'll admit it: I picked a lot of third-party non-entities out of spite for (R)s and (D)s. In the past I left more things blank whenever my mind happened to be, too.

I also won't vote for candidates running unopposed. For such races, voting "no" should be an option IMO.

coyotes_geek
11-02-2010, 05:50 PM
I also won't vote for candidates running unopposed. For such races, voting "no" should be an option IMO.

:tu

Definitely agree. I never vote for unopposed candidates either.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 05:52 PM
Also 4 bonds on my ballot. One is giving 7 million for senior centers. Fuck that.

The other 3 give 7 million to libraries, 7 million to PreK programs and 155 million to the states university systems. I'm voting yes on those 3.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 05:58 PM
I love how WC ignores the fact that gas taxes are not enough to support roads while he keeps saying that his gas taxes pay for his roads.
Oregon has a higher gas tax than the federal 18.4 cents/gallon. I don't recall what it is, but it's plenty if they didn't also spend it on bicycles and mass transit.

Why do you keep exposing your ignorant ass. It's ugly. I'm tired of you putting it in my face. I don't go that way.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 06:01 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't feel like scrolling through stellar posts like this:

Excuses excuses.

It was directly related to this tangent. From post #96:

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 06:04 PM
I almost always check the write in box and write "none of the above." I think it would be great if "none of the above" actually won.

baseline bum
11-02-2010, 06:16 PM

I don't know. I think I'd rather see the Democratic party go down in flames and have to rebuild itself, like what should have done with the banks two years ago. Having two parties that are the exact same thing is completely unacceptable to me, and I refuse to endorse one. Third-party votes are just jacking-off.

Cry Havoc
11-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Excuses excuses.

It was directly related to this tangent. From post #96:

Maybe because the busiest streets tend to be the widest?

clambake
11-02-2010, 07:31 PM
so.....i've been watching fox news and they haven't even mentioned o'donnel.

whats the deal?

Gutter92
11-02-2010, 07:34 PM
I voted Democrat; I read up on wikipedia a little bit today, and the way I understood it, Democrats are more for "the average person", while Republicans are more business oriented/ in favor of rich people

ChumpDumper
11-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Actually, the creek parks would be perfect for San Antonio...they could give people a place close to home to walk/jog//bike away from traffic in a relatively "natural" setting...I know I would only be a couple minutes from one if they developed it...Works for Austin. Could connect several existing parks/attractions as well.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Maybe because the busiest streets tend to be the widest?
You need to see for yourself what Portland does. Just hope they don't do the same where you live. The city planners openly say they want to reduce cars and they purposely create unnecessary congestion.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 07:51 PM
I voted Democrat; I read up on wikipedia a little bit today, and the way I understood it, Democrats are more for "the average person", while Republicans are more business oriented/ in favor of rich people
Is 92 your IQ?

Gutter92
11-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Is 92 your IQ?

lol idk i heard something about republicans only wanting to cut taxes for the rich, and I am not one of those lucky few...so I voted democrat...

Crookshanks
11-02-2010, 08:03 PM
lol idk i heard something about republicans only wanting to cut taxes for the rich, and I am not one of those lucky few...so I voted democrat...

You are definitely one of the uninformed voters.

Gutter92
11-02-2010, 08:05 PM

Would you care to elaborate? I'm just going by what I hear around me.

Hell, my History of the US 1876-present professor(shes like 70) goes off on tangents about the Tea Party and how they're "crazy", and keeps calling them tea baggers lol..

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 08:05 PM

That's why I ask. You obviously listen to propaganda.

ChumpDumper
11-02-2010, 08:06 PM
I heard Obama is a secret Kenyan Muslim.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Would you care to elaborate? I'm just going by what I hear around me.

Hell, my History of the US 1876-present professor(shes like 70) goes off on tangents about the Tea Party and how they're "crazy", and keeps calling them tea baggers lol..
Grade school?

Gutter92
11-02-2010, 08:07 PM
That's why I ask. You obviously listen to propaganda.

I had one day to read up on this shit. Rest was off of what I've heard in the media, people around me, etc.

I don't follow politics much but I was doing my civil duty.

George Gervin's Afro

no, he's one of the 98% who will have their taxes not raised..mr informed ..

ChumpDumper
Did you read about the death panels?

Gutter92
Grade school?

Nope

http://parkland.edu/

community college! :rollin

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 08:08 PM
I had one day to read up on this shit. Rest was off of what I've heard in the media, people around me, etc.

I don't follow politics much but I was doing my civil duty.
How can you properly perform any duty you are improperly informed on?

George Gervin's Afro
11-02-2010, 08:09 PM
How can you properly perform any duty you are improperly informed on?

:lmao

sincerely,
the most uninformed poster on the board...

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Nope

http://parkland.edu/

community college! :rollin
Well, your history professor is obviously using her posting for activism since she is lying to you.

Cant_Be_Faded
Rand Paul

D O M I N A T I O N

And no witty, pithy remark from chumpdumper or any links to the 9/11 commission report will ever change that.

Wild Cobra

sincerely,
the most uninformed poster on the board...
Yes, you are.

George Gervin's Afro
11-02-2010, 08:11 PM
Yes, you are.

ok mr all blacks are racists..:lmao

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 08:15 PM
See George. There you go lying about what I said again.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Interesting results so far. Republicans are winning about 2:1:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x262/Wild_Cobra/Politics/vote2010.jpg

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Will Joe Manchin be running for president in 2012? He is a good speaker, and sounds allot like Clinton to me.

Gutter92
11-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Will Joe Manchin be running for president in 2012? He is a good speaker, and sounds allot like Clinton to me.

He sounds like a woman? wtf?

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 08:37 PM
He sounds like a woman? wtf?
I meant our 42nd president, or did you never know who that was?

Gutter92
11-02-2010, 08:39 PM
I meant our 42nd president, or did you never know who that was?
Ah Bill Clinton haha, didn't he get impeached?

Cry Havoc
11-02-2010, 08:40 PM
CNN projecting (tentatively) that the Democrats will retain control of the Senate.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 08:40 PM
http://www.uiowa.edu/~ipro/Papers%202006/roadfunding012307.pdf

Hey WC, tell me - how much of Oregon's road system is funded by gas taxes?

ChumpDumper
11-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Rand Paul

D O M I N A T I O N

And no witty, pithy remark from chumpdumper or any links to the 9/11 commission report will ever change that.A Republican won in Kentucky!

Big news!

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 08:46 PM
http://www.columbian.com/news/2010/feb/04/road-funding-source-runs-low-on-gas-fuel/

WC tell me again how I'm lying or its only my opinion that your gas taxes don't fully fund your roads.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 08:48 PM
http://www.uiowa.edu/~ipro/Papers%202006/roadfunding012307.pdf

Hey WC, tell me - how much of Oregon's road system is funded by gas taxes?
Most the road costs are vehicle related. Not just fuel taxes. Only 4% comes from the general fund and none from bond measures. I did make the point of licensing or registering bicycles, didn't I. If they want to share the road, they should pay also.

Besides, those are 2005 or earlier numbers in that 2006 report.

Did you notice that the Oregon gas tax is 24 cents per gallon? Now it's 25 cents per gallon.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 08:49 PM
No, really - tell me again WC.

http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/HWY/OIPP/ruftf_faq.shtml#why replace

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Most the road costs are vehicle related. Not just fuel taxes. Only 4% comes from the general fund and none from bond measures. I did make the point of licensing or registering bicycles, didn't I. If they want to share the road, they should pay also.

Did you notice that the Oregon gas tax is 24 cents per gallon? Now it's 25 cents per gallon.

:lol So now its vehicle related and not just a gas tax? Fuck you and your wanting to move goal posts.

Next time you tell me I'm wrong you should make sure that I'm actually wrong you internet stalking myopic piece of shit.

Cant_Be_Faded
A Republican won in Kentucky!

Big news!

I love it. Knew you'd have a tough time swallowing that one.

George Gervin's Afro

he's an informed voter

MannyIsGod
Did CD say he was going to lose?

Gutter92
Most the road costs are vehicle related. Not just fuel taxes. Only 4% comes from the general fund and none from bond measures. I did make the point of licensing or registering bicycles, didn't I.

wait what the fuck? how much do you pay for a gallon of gas...

I get '93 and its like 3.10 or something, MAXIMUM

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 08:52 PM

That's a stupid programs liberals want to implement. It's not in effect.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 08:53 PM
wait what the fuck? how much do you pay for a gallon of gas...

I get '93 and its like 3.10 or something, MAXIMUM

Regular just topped $3. Premium is around 22 cents higher on average I think.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 08:54 PM
I don't care if its in effect or not you idiotic waste of oxygen. The point your moronic ass is supposed to get from it is that you were clearly wrong about your road system being funded completely by gas tax and that roads are subsidized by other sources of funding.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 08:56 PM
I don't care if its in effect or not you idiotic waste of oxygen. The point your moronic ass is supposed to get from it is that you were clearly wrong about your road system being funded completely by gas tax and that roads are subsidized by other sources of funding.
Where did I say it was completely funded by fuel taxes.

Liar

Liar

Liar...

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 08:59 PM
When you said roads weren't subsidized. Its right here in this thread. When bike paths and lanes are paid for from general funds its subsidized. When roads are its not, right?

You're such a stupid fuck. Just admit you were wrong.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 09:01 PM
When you said roads weren't subsidized. Its right here in this thread.
And... just how is your point negating the fact I never said fuel taxes are the only source?

Your grasping at straws.

Again...

to establish post offices and post roads

Do you know where that comes from?

ChumpDumper
11-02-2010, 09:02 PM
I love it. Knew you'd have a tough time swallowing that one.Why? I thought he would win.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 09:04 PM
When you said roads weren't subsidized. Its right here in this thread. When bike paths and lanes are paid for from general funds its subsidized. When roads are its not, right?

You're such a stupid fuck. Just admit you were wrong.
In Oregon, the bike paths are paid for out of the fund for roads, primarily generated by fuel tax, registration fees, etc. They are not extra tax dollars from the general fund allocated for bikes. Since they started such programs, road maintenance has declined in favor of making more and more bike paths.

You never acknowledge my points, but instead go off the deep end to points that have no merit.

Bikes are being 100% subsidized. If you want to call the 4% from the general fund a subsidy, then fine. However, I'll bet if we dug into it, you'll find it's a shortcoming of funds of having the road crews repairing the roads after the new TriMet additions to light rail.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 09:05 PM
I get it - bike paths are subsidized when they get funds but roads are not.

Great logic, WC. Great great great logic.

ChumpDumper
11-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Since they started such programs, road maintenance has declined in favor of making more and more bike paths

That would be easy to prove non-anecdotally.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 09:07 PM
I get it - bike paths are subsidized when they get funds but roads are not.

Great logic, WC. Great great great logic.
But they are not getting separate funding in Oregon. It comes out of the road funding.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Road funding IS general funding. Jesus fucking Christ I thank god you're not an accountant and I wonder how the fuck you balance your checkbook.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Why? I thought he would win.

I knew you knew he would win; that's not the point.

ChumpDumper
11-02-2010, 09:20 PM
I knew you knew he would win; that's not the point.What is your point?

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Road funding IS general funding. Jesus fucking Christ I thank god you're not an accountant and I wonder how the fuck you balance your checkbook.
Not in Oregon. It is a different allocation of money. It's revenue stream in mandated in law.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 09:26 PM
CBF is right on one point. If the economy doesn't improve I can already right you the storyline for the 2012 elections.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 09:27 PM
Not in Oregon. It is a different allocation of money. It's revenue stream in mandated in law.

Man are you dense. Oregon is not able to entirely fund their road system through gas tax and even if you add in the vehicle taxes its not enough.

So where does the deficit get filled from WC? Magical money trees or the general fund?

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Man are you dense. Oregon is not able to entirely fund their road system through gas tax and even if you add in the vehicle taxes its not enough.

So where does the deficit get filled from WC? Magical money trees or the general fund?
Show me.

Your own linked material showed only a 4% allocation from the general fun to the roads. The majority of the road costs were registration.title fees and fuel taxes. There was one other number 5.2% that I assume is also a vehicle related revenue. Probably insurance taxation, or the likes. It's marked Imposts/misc.

Tell me now. What are you arguing about what you clearly have no clue of. Your second link proved just that. You linked a dream some liberals have and thought it was fact. You expect anyone here to think you have a clue about Oregon politics?

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 09:41 PM
The 3 links all showed you that Oregon roads are being funded out of the general fund.

Here are more

http://www.allbusiness.com/government/government-bodies-offices-regional-local/8906606-1.html

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 09:57 PM
The 3 links all showed you that Oregon roads are being funded out of the general fund.

Here are more

http://www.allbusiness.com/government/government-bodies-offices-regional-local/8906606-1.html
That link is meaningless with it's lack of specificity. Those "road projects" could be the new trolly system we have, bike paths, etc. They were even talking about a bridge for bicycles about that time over I-405.

You are laughable. Trying to pull these links out your ass that don't disprove anything I say.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Yes WC. The shortfall is made up from the magic money trees. I give you link after link after link that shows a shortfall and that money has to come from elsewhere but you refuse to acknowledge it.

Par for the course from you.

ElNono
11-02-2010, 10:18 PM
I give you link after link after link that shows a shortfall and that money has to come from elsewhere but you refuse to acknowledge it.

Par for the course from you.

Why do you even bother? It's clear he's been FOS since the argument started.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 10:18 PM
One think you fail to understand is that ODOT (Oregon department of transportation) does more than just roads. Take a look at this:

OREGON DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION | BUDGET 2009 – 2011 (http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/COMM/docs/BudgetBooklet_09-11.pdf)

If you note, the general fund only pays for 0.2% of the ODOT budget. If you look at county and city roads, it is all 100% Oregon revenue.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x262/Wild_Cobra/Politics/ODOTbudget.jpg

Should I also link the Oregon constitution so you can see if I'm wrong about the mandated in law part? I think you can find that easy enough.

ElNono
11-02-2010, 10:24 PM
This fancy graph is cooler...

http://mattfleming.com/files/images/image001.preview.png

3D with no glasses!

ChumpDumper
11-02-2010, 10:27 PM
Are the lottery proceeds from car users too?

Are bike lanes and paths only constructed by the state?

If you knew that 90% of Oregon bike riders also own at least one car, would you bitch more or less about the funding coming from car users?

scott
11-02-2010, 10:34 PM
One think you fail to understand is that ODOT (Oregon department of transportation) does more than just roads. Take a look at this:

OREGON DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION | BUDGET 2009 – 2011

If you note, the general fund only pays for 0.2% of the ODOT budget. If you look at county and city roads, it is all 100% Oregon revenue.

Your state is running a billion dollar DOT deficit. It's also receiving a billion dollar federal subsidy for transportation. If gas taxes and registration fees can't even pay for the annual highway budget, how do you surmise it manages to pay for bike lanes?

Also, why do you oppose Oregon's fight against America's dependence of foreign oil?

ducks
11-02-2010, 10:35 PM
so if you voted for health care YOU GOT SENT PACKING

scott
11-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Or was that talking point retired in 2008?

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Your state is running a billion dollar DOT deficit. It's also receiving a billion dollar federal subsidy for transportation. If gas taxes and registration fees can't even pay for the annual highway budget, how do you surmise it manages to pay for bike lanes?

Also, why do you oppose Oregon's fight against America's dependence of foreign oil?
I see you don't understand the chart.

ChumpDumper
11-02-2010, 10:39 PM
so if you voted for health care YOU GOT SENT PACKINGThat's a bit too broad a generalization, but props on the grammar this time around. :tu

scott
11-02-2010, 10:41 PM

I see you don't understand basic arithmetic.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
11-02-2010, 10:43 PM
CBF is right on one point. If the economy doesn't improve I can already right you the storyline for the 2012 elections.

What's the storyline for the 2012 elections going to be?

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 10:44 PM
If the economy doesn't improve? That the GOP didn't get it done.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 10:44 PM

Please argue about the budget with an economist.

Please.

ElNono
11-02-2010, 10:45 PM

Wild Cobra
11-02-2010, 10:51 PM
The bonded indebtedness is voter approved projects. The math adds up.

ducks
11-02-2010, 10:52 PM
bush = 850 million in debt
obama = obama care
obama = useless bail outs
obama = 13.6 trillion dollars in debt
2012 yes we can obama removed from office = priceless

SpursNextRomanEmpire
11-02-2010, 10:52 PM
If the economy doesn't improve? That the GOP didn't get it done.

Even thought the president is a Democrat?

ducks
11-02-2010, 10:54 PM

yes media is democrat

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 11:00 PM

Democrats just got the blame even though the GOP played obstructionist the entire way through and even though none of the legislation that has been passed has really had time to make a difference.

Part of the burden of winning big is unrealistic expectations and now that is the burden the GOP will field.

Also, Obama has much better favoribility numbers than congress and now that the GOP is winning a lot of seats they'll have a lot of freshman congressmen and women who will have to defend. Thats a big part of what the Democrats just faced.

coyotes_geek
11-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Obama has much better favoribility numbers than congress .....

Not exactly the best of metrics. Hell, even dubya had better numbers than congress.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 11:05 PM
Just saying.

ducks
11-02-2010, 11:20 PM
repubilcans are in perfect postion
mostly in control in senate
in control in house
dem have office

republicans can blame the democracts
they have 2/3 of the gov

but the media will blame the republicans

ducks
11-02-2010, 11:22 PM
oh there is ALOT of red out there tonight
what the country looked like before 2002

the person in the white house went to OHIO 3 times and OHIO WENT RED
everywhere he went they lost LOL

Crookshanks
11-02-2010, 11:24 PM
oh there is ALOT of red out there tonight
what the country looked like before 2002

the person in the white house went to OHIO 3 times and OHIO WENT RED
everywhere he went they lost LOL

Uhhh - the President went to Ohio 12 times - and Biden went 7 times. Barry doesn't have a very good track record... :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
11-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Manny, CD, WC, all others in this thread------I did not want to create a new thread so I will just say it here

How much talk has there been in the political forum about Ben Bernanke's announcement planned for tomorrow?
Because honestly not only will his announcement effect the markets more than any election turnout (short term) but will have far more effect on the economy than a GOP-led congress (long term).

I have been outta the loop of politics hardcore but read up on some takes of the possible outcomes.

If he announces the Fed will do nothing, we can expect a tank in the market, because they know teh country will have to take lumps in the short term and start the process of self-correcting they have been putting off for years.

If he announces an injection of money, nothing could happen.

Unless he announces an injection of money at the upper end of what is expected (high 100's of billions). This would actually send the market into a frenzy because everyone will want to ride up the artificial results of a huge flush of money supply higher.

What is truly sad to take from all this is that it seems more than ever, that an unelected elite rich cadre of bankers and their spokesperson have far, far, far more influence over the direction of our country at this point in time than EVER before.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 11:50 PM
You really should start a new thread on that. This one is now mainly for ridiculing WC. Chances are that one will eventually be so too but thats ok.

PuttPutt
11-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Red....blue.....this shit is getting old. I don't care what party you come from. Tired of this lesser of 2 evils to vote for. People need to wake up & vote for people that want & can do real things for this country. Not just empty promises.

MannyIsGod
11-03-2010, 01:13 AM
I'm glad I voted. One of the bonds I wanted to pass is only up by a few hundred votes. My vote there actually counts for a lot.