PDA

View Full Version : Video: Tiago Splitter's First NBA Points

Stephen Kersey
11-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Tiago Splitter Video of First NBA Points (http://www.sanantoniodispatch.com/san-antonio-spurs/san-antonio-spurs-news/video-tiago-splitters-dunk-first-nba-points/)

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/8584/tiagosplitterdunk.jpg (http://www.sanantoniodispatch.com/san-antonio-spurs/san-antonio-spurs-news/video-tiago-splitters-dunk-first-nba-points/)

lefty
11-02-2010, 09:49 AM
He looked confident out there.

And nice pass from Manu

duncan228
11-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Tiago Splitter has blue collar first night in the NBA, expect more of that (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/02/tiago-splitter-has-blue-collar-first-night-in-the-nba-expect-more-of-that-after-seemingly-years-of-hype-tiago-splitter-got-a-very-cold-reception-to-the-nba-he-was-trying-to-cover-blake-griffin-o/)
Kurt Helin

After seemingly years of hype, Tiago Splitter got a very cold reception to the NBA.

He was trying to cover Blake Griffin on the right low block when Griffin put a lighting-quick spin move on him, went baseline and threw down a monster dunk that brought the crowd to its feet.

There’s talent in Europe, but not the explosive athletes you see nightly in the NBA like Griffin. It was a fine how-do-you-do.

If Splitter did not come in as a hyped European player you would have said he had a solid first game. A workman like game. He had a dunk to get his first basket (assist from Many Ginobili), finished with two points, two rebounds and a +4 in 10 minutes. Some will expect more, but Gregg Popovich warned against that.

“It’s kind of funny how this all evolves,” Popovich said. “Everybody knows he’s a pretty good player. He was an MVP in Europe and they won this and they won that and he’s experienced. Then all of a sudden it got into, ‘well, you got another big guy who can step out and shoot those threes.’ Well, this kid never shot a three in his life. Where did all this come from?

“This isn’t the next Tim Duncan, this is a blue collar guy who is a good rebounder, a good defender, high quality worker, a blue collar guy. This isn’t a throw him the ball and go score 24 tonight.”

Splitter did some nice things. He fought Griffin for a rebound and ended up with a tie ball. He ran floor well on defense with DeAndre Jordan. He got the ball in the post and a smart kickout to Ginobili in the corner, who whipped it on to Gary Neal for a three.

It was a solid, blue collar performance. And if the Spurs can get that consistently they will be much better off for it.

Fpoonsie
11-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Splitter did some nice things. He fought Griffin for a rebound and ended up with a tie ball. He ran floor well on defense with DeAndre Jordan. He got the ball in the post and a smart kickout to Ginobili in the corner, who whipped it on to Gary Neal for a three.

Who WROTE this?

koriwhat
11-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Who WROTE this?

ah kurt helin, duh!

EricB
11-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Who WROTE this?

I would look under the title where it says

BY Stephen Kersey

Bender
11-02-2010, 03:44 PM
I would look under the title where it says

BY Stephen Kersey
sorry... but no...

EricB
11-02-2010, 03:49 PM
sorry... but no...

Alright its where it says Kurt Helin :lol

PM5K
11-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Nice basquet!

Leetonidas
11-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Pops Mensa-Bonsu dunked and he was the next Robinson. Splitter dunked last night so he is the next Abdul-Jabbar.

#2!
11-02-2010, 10:34 PM
Pops Mensa-Bonsu dunked and he was the next Robinson. Splitter dunked last night so he is the next Abdul-Jabbar.

I haven't seen any overhyping about last night. He's been called solid, and he's been called "what he was supposed to be."

crc21209
11-02-2010, 11:06 PM
When I saw him in the Brazil-U.S game over the Summer, I was drooling over the thought of him and Manu running pick-n-roll...DEADLY.

Leonard Curse
11-03-2010, 12:44 AM
i think he did great! and when i say great i dont mean kevin durant scoring non stop. i mean he did all the dirty work timmy used to do when he was young (of course timmy was explosive on offense/defense as well) but for what this team needs tiago plugged a leak thats been going on for some time.. interior D baby

Blackjack
11-03-2010, 01:02 AM
He was trying to cover Blake Griffin on the right low block when Griffin put a lighting-quick spin move on him, went baseline and threw down a monster dunk that brought the crowd to its feet.

Unless I'm mistaken, Kurt seems to be taking some artistic license. Because as I recall, Tiago's second defensive possession, the first being a good case of position D at the rim upon a Bledsoe drive (IIRC), Griffin had the ball on the right block with his back to the basket and made a hell of spin move for a layup.

Eric Gordon was the dude dunkin' in peoples' mugs.

AlleyOopNazi
11-03-2010, 03:02 PM
copy paste much?