PDA

View Full Version : First Spurs Game

GroundHogDay
11-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Hi all,

I am a long-time Spurs fan (ever since the D-rob era) but currently trapped in Los Angeles. That means I have to deal with obnoxious Lakers fans daily as their team dominates the league. But it also means I can get dirt cheap Clippers tickets and see my Spurs.

A few observations from last nights game:

1) Tim Duncan: it was surprising to watch, but the offense was running through everyone EXCEPT him. I know he's not in his prime anymore, but he barely got any touches, especially in the post.... maybe it was an aberration.

2) Manu and TP: These boys controlled the offense. Just as i was disappointed in not seeing TD command the ball in the paint, it was beautiful to watch TP and Manu take turns dissecting the defense. In this game, they were truly sharing the load and maybe it bodes well for the long-term for the Big Three.

3) We are deep: Richard Jefferson looked great and seems to know his role with a year under his belt. And our bench is as strong as I can remember. In fact, we made runs with our starting unit off the floor. Gary Neal and James Anderson can flat out play on both sides of the ball.

4) Clips: i know they aren't a playoff team, but Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon are the real deal. If they build around these guys, the Clips actually might have a chance to make some noise in a couple of years.

All in all, it was a great experience. I came away with a greater optomism for this team. We are two deep at every position and we now have youth and athleticism.

Yes, the Lakers are the team to beat but we have an established core with amazing potential to become even better. The Spurs have the best chance in the West of taking them down, especially if our Big Three stay healthy and we develop our young players. Let's hope for the best... please God, don't let me have to endure another Lakers championship!

duncan228
11-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the in person view. :tu

My first (and only) Spurs game was also at the Clippers in 2009. It's wonderful to see your team in person. Glad you had a great experience. :)

Libri
11-02-2010, 12:32 PM
4) Clips: i know they aren't a playoff team, but Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon are the real deal. If they build around these guys, the Clips actually might have a chance to make some noise in a couple of years.

Is Donald Sterling committed to doing that?

lefty
11-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Pics or it didn't happen

SPURSfanINoc
11-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Hi all,

I am a long-time Spurs fan (ever since the D-rob era) but currently trapped in Los Angeles. That means I have to deal with obnoxious Lakers fans daily as their team dominates the league. But it also means I can get dirt cheap Clippers tickets and see my Spurs.

I hear ya. Without the Clippers in LA, other teams' fans wouldn't be able to afford tickets to see their team play.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p150/dmleung77/IMAG0199.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p150/dmleung77/IMAG0198.jpg

shot with my phone... sorry it's so big.

Blackjack
11-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Welcome, and nice username selection. :tu

hater
11-02-2010, 02:02 PM
it was weird the Clip announcer said "Spurs will get #2 best record in the West" and then the other announcer said "nah, they will get #1 best record"

weird to hear tbh

spurs10
11-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Thanks...hope you had a great time!

Bukefal
11-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Awesome! Put some pics up, if you have.

Thanks for your pics SPURSfanINoc :toast