PDA

View Full Version : Project Spurs: A Wing and a Prayer

duncan228
11-02-2010, 01:17 PM
SpursTalk's Blackjack. :toast

A Wing and a Prayer (http://projectspurs.com/)
Written by Nick Kapsis
Project Spurs

To know inward is to have the ability to look outward. To know is to acknowledge what you do and do not have or have the knowledge for. It’s having the intellectual curiosity or need to ascertain the requisite resources to enlighten or inform. To know is to have the tried and true, the answer to the question. Knowing is after the fact.

Each year brings its own set of question marks. Some more than others and others easier to define, but question marks nonetheless. They’re questions that can’t be answered, only addressed: “Have we covered all of our bases, has this team the potential to be its own answer?” The key is to give yourself a genuine and legitimate opportunity, not guarantee an outcome.

The San Antonio Spurs managed to capture four championships over a ten-year stretch while giving themselves a genuine and legitimate opportunity to win as many as seven or eight. They had the foundation of David Robinson, the greatness of Tim Duncan, arrivals of stars in Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili and the complimentary “glue” surrounding them all along the way.

All teams have pieces to create a framework, the Spurs’ fortune came from the foundation for which theirs was built -- the humility and selflessness of Robinson gave way for Duncan’s greatness to thrive undeterred, and it provided the conditions for which a system could be built. The questions could now be defined and the pieces could now be put into their rightful place. The Spurs became tried and true.

Keep reading... (http://projectspurs.com/site/content/a-wing-and-a-prayer.html)

MaNuMaNiAc
11-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Very well written :tu

LoneStarState'sPride
11-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Excellent work, Blackjack.

mountainballer
11-03-2010, 06:02 AM
great read!

uninformed about most of the American patriotic stuff, I first thought the article is about how to get a wing, be it by pray for one.
(now I know it's about a film and a song)
however, I stay with my choice and pray for a trade for a wing. (ok, I usually don't pray. I wish for it)
Spurs will be good. (especially if Tiago fits and plays well, which I do assume)
Spurs won't be good enough for the title.
we miss at least one piece.
(remember what you guys called my "obsession" for James Jones? that's why. and that's what happens when he is in a system that gives him the right niche. that's what I always dreamed he would have played for the Spurs.)

Blackjack
11-03-2010, 11:59 AM
I wanna be on you. ... All three of you. :downspin:

Thanks y'all.

And, yes, my man. Jones has looked pretty lively and fresh so far. Don't think the Spurs ever had much of a shot once LeBron and Bosh decided to take LeBron's talents to South Beach, but your boy's makin' you look good so far. :toast

ohmwrecker
11-03-2010, 12:03 PM
If I say something nice about your article, will you stop calling me a racist? What's up with that anyway? Truly bewildering . . .

duhoh
11-03-2010, 12:09 PM
great analysis. no way that i say it better :lol

Blackjack
11-03-2010, 12:15 PM
If I say something nice about your article, will you stop calling me a racist? What's up with that anyway? Truly bewildering . . .

I got nothing but love for ya, Ohmnipotence.

It's facetieces (facetious feces), just havin' a little fun throwin' it against the wall. ;)

MaNu4Tres
11-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Damn good article, great takes as always Blackjack. :tu

ElNono
11-03-2010, 12:25 PM
http://stylembe.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/applause1234363884-1.gif

DesignatedT
11-03-2010, 12:27 PM
very nice.

ohmwrecker
11-03-2010, 12:45 PM
I got nothing but love for ya, Ohmnipotence.

It's facetieces (facetious feces), just havin' a little fun throwin' it against the wall. ;)

I know . . .

Blackjack
11-03-2010, 12:50 PM
I know . . .

Well played. :tu