PDA

View Full Version : Blacking out for a few seconds when standing up

Gutter92
11-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Does anyone else experience this occasionally when standing up too fast when sitting/laying down?

Reason I'm asking is cause it occasionally happens to me, though I'm not sure my circulation is the best so I think it might be that (my fingers, toes are usually cold; a sign of poor circulation).

Anyways, what brought me to this topic is I just hit my knee really hard on the corner of a desk and I think I blacked out, because right before it I was going to do something (internet related, can't remember what,) and a short period of time later I just sorta "woke up" and had no clue what I was doing before; I was shivering a bit and my knee didn't hurt at all. It was extremely painful when I first hit it, reminded me of the time I was playing catch (with a football) and landed knee first on the curb.

Anyways, anyone else experience short blackouts occasionally?

mrsmaalox
11-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Syncope caused by orthostatic hypotension

The Reckoning
11-02-2010, 06:00 PM
the diagnosis is you have "little bitch" syndrome

Gutter92
11-02-2010, 06:03 PM

funny

i've blacked out once before

it was when I was like 6 years old in Germany, I was climbing the monkey bars (I think thats where u like...walk with ur hands on the ladder thing, can't remember if thats the right one), and I was moving from one to the other and lost my grip, landed on my back. My brother, who was like 50 feet away from me, walked over to me (he thought I was joking), and the next thing I remembered was him standing a few feet away from me. It was only like 10 seconds or something like that, but it was weird as hell lol

anyone experience blackouts, or "loss of vision" when standing up? weirdest shit ever heh

CubanSucks
11-02-2010, 06:07 PM

I trust your diagnosis. If ANYONE knows what it's like to feel the effects of being a little bitch it's you

Das Texan
11-02-2010, 06:08 PM
You are fixin to die. You had better make your way to the nearest ER, or else risk your buddy finding your dead body on the ground tomorrow.

Sisk
11-02-2010, 06:09 PM
tbh what's the beef with cuban and reckoning?

all answers accepted

The Reckoning
11-02-2010, 06:10 PM
cubansucks is pissed because i called him out for being a poser and closet-homosexual

LoneStarState'sPride
11-02-2010, 06:45 PM
cubansucks is pissed because i called him out for being a poser and closet-homosexual

:corn:

Sisk
11-02-2010, 06:47 PM
waiting for cubansucks rebuttal

CubanSucks
11-02-2010, 06:53 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_seVd99frSks/S1dth1b4ZiI/AAAAAAAAAUQ/ZWApx2udPag/s1600-h/gay-called-demotivational-poster.jpg

CubanSucks
11-02-2010, 06:55 PM
i'll get back to yall

CubanSucks
11-02-2010, 06:56 PM
tbh I'm watching 3 Ninjas on youtube for the first time in like 15 yrs

I'll think of something witty while I watch

The Reckoning
11-02-2010, 07:15 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_seVd99frSks/S1dth1b4ZiI/AAAAAAAAAUQ/ZWApx2udPag/s1600-h/gay-called-demotivational-poster.jpg

:lmao

Gerryatrics
11-03-2010, 05:06 AM
Are you taking any new medications or have you changed doses recently? Like mrsmaalox said: tunnel vision, light headedness and near syncope (fainting) when standing sounds like orthostatic hypotension (a sudden drop in blood pressure when sitting up or standing.)

Blacking out from pain or a fall sounds more like a vasovagal response.

Depends on how "occasionally" it happens and if you actually lose consciousness or not, but the possible hypotension might be worth getting checked out.