PDA

View Full Version : on second thought

Cant_Be_Faded
11-02-2010, 11:50 PM
might as well make a new thread

Any thoughts on the upcoming Fed decision post-election tomorrow of what they will do regarding inflation and purchasing securities?

MannyIsGod
11-02-2010, 11:52 PM
He''s short selling a lot of stocks so he'll announce he's not doing shit and then hell rake in the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I think you pretty much covered it in your other post.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Yeah but I want as many responses as possible figured it might get overlooked by most in that voting thread

Here is what I said earlier:

Manny, CD, WC, all others in this thread------I did not want to create a new thread so I will just say it here

How much talk has there been in the political forum about Ben Bernanke's announcement planned for tomorrow?
Because honestly not only will his announcement effect the markets more than any election turnout (short term) but will have far more effect on the economy than a GOP-led congress (long term).

I have been outta the loop of politics hardcore but read up on some takes of the possible outcomes.

If he announces the Fed will do nothing, we can expect a tank in the market, because they know teh country will have to take lumps in the short term and start the process of self-correcting they have been putting off for years.

If he announces an injection of money, nothing could happen.

Unless he announces an injection of money at the upper end of what is expected (high 100's of billions). This would actually send the market into a frenzy because everyone will want to ride up the artificial results of a huge flush of money supply higher.

What is truly sad to take from all this is that it seems more than ever, that an unelected elite rich cadre of bankers and their spokesperson have far, far, far more influence over the direction of our country at this point in time than EVER before.

Wild Cobra
11-03-2010, 12:14 AM
might as well make a new thread

Any thoughts on the upcoming Fed decision post-election tomorrow of what they will do regarding inflation and purchasing securities?
Not a clue.

DMX7
11-03-2010, 12:16 AM
If investment bankers don't get their tax cut, then we all lose.

Winehole23
11-03-2010, 12:22 AM
What is truly sad to take from all this is that it seems more than ever, that an unelected elite rich cadre of bankers and their spokesperson have far, far, far more influence over the direction of our country at this point in time than EVER before. Yep. Can't say I have anything meaningful to add to the rest of your take, though here's one possibility you left out: that whatever amount the Fed does spend won't be enough to countervail deflation pressures.

boutons_deux
11-03-2010, 12:28 AM
"What is truly sad to take from all this is that it seems more than ever, that an unelected elite rich cadre of bankers and their spokesperson have far, far, far more influence over the direction of our country at this point in time than EVER before."

You haven't been paying attention, AT ALL.

Winehole23
11-03-2010, 04:52 AM
Brent crude oil (http://www.ft.com/indepth/oil)could rise above $90 a barrel before the end of the year if the Federal Reserve announces a new asset purchase programme (http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/4c823958-e1ff-11df-a064-00144feabdc0.html) of $500bn or more, says Francisco Blanch, global head of commodity research at Bank of America Merrill Lynch.

He believes the perception that more quantitative easing from the Fed has been fully priced in by commodity markets is misleading. “We believe oil is only starting to reflect current dollar weakness, leaving room for oil prices to rise as emerging market currencies strengthen.”
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/30d18d7a-e6a1-11df-99b3-00144feab49a.html

Cant_Be_Faded
11-03-2010, 08:18 PM