PDA

View Full Version : Repug sh!t hits the fan: Darrell Issa: Obama must answer ‘several hundred’ inquiries

boutons_deux
11-03-2010, 11:39 AM
"I don't have any subpoenas to the White House," Issa said. "I have several hundred letters, most of which have not been responded to that I'll ask the White House to dust off and answer our questions. Some of them are obsolete but most of them are still important."

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/11/darrell-issa-obama-answer-several-hundred-inquiries/

=========

Well, dickhead established the principle that the WH is the Unitary Executive beyond checks and balances, so Magic Negro should return the favor and tell Repug ISSA to GFY.

And of course, Repugs blocked DISLOSE, but they insist that Magic Negro DISCLOSE.

boutons_deux
11-03-2010, 11:47 AM
"Boehner says he has a voter "mandate" to repeal Democrats' healthcare bill"

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/11/house-speakerinwaiting-john-boehner-claims-voter-mandate-repeal-healthcare-bill/

clambake
11-03-2010, 11:50 AM
the bill sucks without a public option.

MannyIsGod
11-03-2010, 12:03 PM
:lmao

They're going to talk repeal because they know they can't. God damn I hate how transparent politics is and how few people actually understand it.

MannyIsGod
11-03-2010, 12:03 PM

They're going to talk repeal because they know they can't. God damn I hate how transparent politics is and how few people actually understand it.

boutons_deux
11-03-2010, 12:05 PM
GOP to investigate ‘scientific fraud’ of global warming

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/11/gop-investigate-scientific-fraud-global-warming-report/

========

Obviously, the Repug investigation of global warming fraud (a VRWC favorite red herring) will fulfill Boner's objective of getting small businesses hiring, etc, etc. :lol

fyatuk
11-03-2010, 01:15 PM
All these stupid inquiries and investigations are BS. They were BS when they did it to Clinton, they were BS when the Dems did it to Bush, and they are BS now.

Nothing but grandstanding and distraction.

Spurminator
11-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Go team!

George Gervin's Afro
11-03-2010, 02:22 PM
if only the gop was curous about verifying the 'evidence' that was used to rush into a war...

more imprtant stuff to get into I suppose..

xrayzebra
11-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Poor old Boutons had a bad night. But he still has
Obama to comfort him......

boutons_deux
11-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Hey Boner, here's more proof you have mandate to repeal health reform

"Of the 34 Democrats who voted against the health care bill in March—24 of them were Blue Dogs—only 12 won reelection,"

http://www.readersupportednews.org/off-site-opinion-section/72-72/3820-lessons-of-the-blue-dog-blowout

Wild Cobra
11-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Hey Boner, here's more proof you have mandate to repeal health reform

"Of the 34 Democrats who voted against the health care bill in March—24 of them were Blue Dogs—only 12 won reelection,"

http://www.readersupportednews.org/off-site-opinion-section/72-72/3820-lessons-of-the-blue-dog-blowout
I would suggest the hard left didn't turn out for them.

Yonivore
11-03-2010, 09:15 PM
if only the gop was curous about verifying the 'evidence' that was used to rush into a war...

I've long ago satisfied myself that we are engaged in legitimate military actions in Iraq and Afghanistan. Those who haven't, agree with you. You're not winning anyone else to your side of that argument.

It'll be interesting to see how long you use this to deflect attention from the current issues of a fucked up Democrat party fucking up the country.

There are some hippies still butt hurt about Vietnam but, not many appeasers left from WWII so, I'm guessing you and your type may be around for another five decades or so.

jack sommerset
11-03-2010, 09:18 PM

They are actually going to try to repeal the bill. No telling how many dems will jump on board this thing. You did see what happem last night!! Dems better get their shit together, admit it was a bad idea and move on.

Yonivore
11-03-2010, 09:20 PM
They are actually going to try to repeal the bill. No telling how many dems will jump on board this thing. You did see what happem last night!! Dems better get their shit together, admit it was a bad idea and move on.
I think there are 23 Democrat Senators up for re-election in 2012. Trust me, they're looking real hard at yesterday and looking forward to 2012.

Wild Cobra
11-03-2010, 09:24 PM
I think there are 23 Democrat Senators up for re-election in 2012. Trust me, they're looking real hard at yesterday and looking forward to 2012.
No kidding. I think they will tread lightly on liberal policy and help the republicans undo the last 4 years.

jack sommerset
11-03-2010, 09:26 PM

How did you like last nights poll? Barry should have paid more attention to the other polls leading up to the big one. You should pay more attention and take the kool-aid IV out of your arm..

LOL@your stupid same question for 2 years "Should Barry govern by polls" Not just "polls" but you had to add in "daily polls", followed up by some stupid smile face giggling. You ain't laughing now!

Yonivore
11-03-2010, 09:27 PM
No kidding. I think they will tread lightly on liberal policy and help the republicans undo the last 4 years.
Manchin, from West Virginia, has already positioned himself against Cap and Trade...and, Obamacare (I think). I do know there are Democrats that distanced themselves from Obamacare to get re-elected and are kind of bound to oppose it now.

Yonivore
11-03-2010, 09:28 PM
How did you like last nights poll? Barry should have paid more attention to the other polls leading up to the big one. You should pay more attention and take the kool-aid IV out of your arm..

LOL@your stupid same question for 2 years "Should Barry govern by polls" Not just "polls" but you had to add in "daily polls", followed up by some stupid smile face giggling. You ain't laughing now!
Barry and the Democrats should have paid attention to their constituents. But, hey, I hope they don't start now...2012 is just around the corner.

jack sommerset
11-03-2010, 09:29 PM

You would think Barry would call it a day with this thing, pat himself on the back and say "I gave it one hell of a effort but at the end of the day the citizens, the people I work for don't want the damn thing."

Yonivore
11-03-2010, 09:32 PM
You would think Barry would call it a day with this thing, pat himself on the back and say "I gave it one hell of a effort but at the end of the day the citizens, the people I work for don't want the damn thing."
:lmao You're delusional. Have you been paying attention to this guy?

Stringer_Bell
11-04-2010, 01:01 AM

If there's money to be made, the GOP have no reason to investigate it (war, financial regulation, etc). Sure, the Dems get sweetheart deals and favors done - but it's for their individual greed. The GOP aren't afraid to fuck with weakest folks so the strongest can stay strong - and they aren't even concerned with acting differently now or probably ever as they pretend a new force in the Tea Party had something to do with it.

George Gervin's Afro
11-04-2010, 09:03 AM

Well I am going to make sure the GOP congress follows every poll on every issue so they don't govern against the daily poll numbers......

Of course you are going to backtrack and defend the congress when they do go against the 'will of the people' because that is the definition of a hypocrite...

boutons_deux
11-04-2010, 10:27 AM
more shutdown talk

If Obama, like then-President Bill Clinton did after the 1994 midterms, responds to the mandate from voters and understands he can’t disregard it, then he thinks Obama will do well. “If he doesn’t, he will shut government down,” Walberg said.

While Walberg’s threat is extreme, he is not the only Republican politician proposing a government shutdown. Newt Gingrich, architect of the government shutdown in the ’90s, has pledged that the new Republican Congress will close the government as a political tactic to force through their right-wing policies. Rep. Lynn Westmoreland (R-GA) told a Republican audience recently that a government shut down — including a closure of the Veterans Administration — would be one of the goals of the new GOP caucus. As Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC) and other leading Republicans have made clear, they will force a “show down” with Obama by holding general government funding bills hostage until health reform is repealed.

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/11/04/walberg-shut-down/

========

For these tough-talking, fake badass Repugs, "cooperation" is

Repugs-dictating-to-Obama,

else, they shut down govt.