PDA

View Full Version : KG Issues A Public Statement

Ari Gold
11-03-2010, 03:53 PM
WojYahooNBA
Garnett issues statement and says, in part: "My comment to (Villanueva) was in fact 'You are cancerous to your team and our league.'"

WojYahooNBA
Garnett: "I would never be insensitive to the brave struggle that cancer patients endure. I have lost loved ones to this deadly disease..."

WojYahooNBA
More Garnett: "...and have a family member currently undergoing treatment. I would never say anything that distasteful."
:sleep

z0sa
11-03-2010, 03:56 PM
tbh, I thought that was severe even for KG's ultra-max douchiness.

I'm not sure which side to pick on this one.

koriwhat
11-03-2010, 03:56 PM
kg's a liar! fuckin' bitch!

JamStone
11-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Lol interesting spin doctoring...

Ah who to believe, who to believe...

Kriz-Maxima
11-03-2010, 04:02 PM
:lmao

The Gemini Method
11-03-2010, 04:03 PM
hmmm...'you are cancerous to your team and the NBA...' That sounds like something uttered by an NBA player whose catankerous reputation is well-known...

eyeh8u
11-03-2010, 04:03 PM
kg doesnt know the definition of half the words used in his "statement"

hater
11-03-2010, 04:06 PM
let's see...
and nba baller in the heat of the moment:
A) "cancer patient!"

B) "you sir, are a cancer to your team and the league"

I'll go with A.

what a pussy can't even own up

:pctoss

I hope the Heat wipe the floor with that asshole

Sisk
11-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Yeah, he's full of shit.

ambchang
11-03-2010, 04:11 PM
why would he ever say CV is cancerous to the Pistons? He was only with them for 4 games!

And cancerous to the league? What did CV ever do?

8FOR!3
11-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Fuck this guy, he's been ducking Matt Bonner for years now. Just wait til ya'll play the Spurs, we're gonna whoop that ass.

nkdlunch
11-03-2010, 04:17 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

cancerous to a lottery team??? :lmao

ohmwrecker
11-03-2010, 04:21 PM
That tweet marks the first time Garnett has ever typed the word "cancerous".

Or thought it, or said it, or looked it up on Dictionary.com

noob cake
11-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Kevin Garnett, out of high school for 16 years, with no college under his belt want us to believe that he wrote the following...

"My comment to (Villanueva) was in fact 'You are cancerous to your team and our league. I would never be insensitive to the brave struggle that cancer patients endure. I have lost loved ones to this deadly disease...and have a family member currently undergoing treatment. I would never say anything that distasteful."

lol Garnett's publicist needs to be fired for coming up with something like that. tone down the vocab.

edit: tone down

mingus
11-03-2010, 04:28 PM
KG is just a douchebag I don't know why he has to apologize anymore. It's expected.

Sisk
11-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Kevin Garnett, out of high school for 16 years, with no college under his belt want us to believe that he wrote the following...

"My comment to (Villanueva) was in fact 'You are cancerous to your team and our league. I would never be insensitive to the brave struggle that cancer patients endure. I have lost loved ones to this deadly disease...and have a family member currently undergoing treatment. I would never say anything that distasteful."

lol Garnett's publicist needs to be fired for coming up with something like that. Down down the vocab.

:lmao:lmao

Ashy Larry
11-03-2010, 04:32 PM
yea KG is fulla shit. can't wait to see how New England sports people spin this shit ......

sefant77
11-03-2010, 04:37 PM
so which guy of the celtics organization wrote this words for him?

Halberto
11-03-2010, 04:38 PM
That's the best he can come up with? That's ridiculous. I can't get over how retarded that was.

Spurminator
11-03-2010, 04:55 PM
"My comment to (Villanueva) was in fact 'You retard the progress of your team and the other teams who have employed you.' I would never be insensitive to the brave struggle that retards endure. I have retarded loved ones...and have a family member currently undergoing treatment. I would never say anything that distasteful."

Darrin
11-03-2010, 04:57 PM
tbh, I thought that was severe even for KG's ultra-max douchiness.

I'm not sure which side to pick on this one.

KG. Villanueva is, indeed, a cancer because he is wasting money on his talent. These types of signings are why the NBA is losing money. It's why there may be a lockout next year.

sefant77
11-03-2010, 05:04 PM
KG. Villanueva is, indeed, a cancer because he is wasting money on his talent. These types of signings are why the NBA is losing money. It's why there may be a lockout next year.

Its not the players fault, its stupid GMs.

Blame Dumars and not CV. Hamilton extension, Maxiell, Gordon, CV...

The Gemini Method
11-03-2010, 05:06 PM

Well, it wasn't Villanueva who hijacked the contract and forced the Pistons to sign him. He did what any player should do...got what he can and if you're going to blame him for the NBA losing money--blame the FO for these rediculous contracts (see: Conley)

*Credit to Sefant for being quicker on the post...

Kriz-Maxima
11-03-2010, 05:09 PM

Villanueva is no worse than what he was before he got that contract. If he is not worth the money he is being paid that does not make him a cancer, but the GM who signed him stupid.

It's like the Conley contract, is he a cancer for accepting it or is the Memphis GM (and the owner) just a pair of idiots for giving him that money?

Villanueva worked hard this off season and it shows on his mobility, he is also playing with more intent. Is he still a bad defender? Yes. Is he still soft? Yes. Does the fact that he didn't miraculously turn into something he wasn't to begin with make him a cancer? Absolutely not.

JamStone
11-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Villanueva is far from the type of signings as to why the NBA is losing money. He makes a little more than the MLE. He's a horrible defender and he doesn't rebound well for a big and he tweets too damn much. But by NBA standards, his contract is not crippling. You may hate the guy and think he's garbage. But contracts like the ones given out to Michael Redd, Rashard Lewis, Peja Stojakovic, and Gilbert Arenas are why the NBA is losing so much money. Max contracts and close to max contracts with guaranteed money to players who don't deserve it and/or don't live up to it. That's where way more money is lost by NBA teams.

With the new CBA looming, I think more than anything, a step needs to be made to limiting the number of years of guaranteed money. Maybe not all the way to how the NFL does it with signing bonuses and non-guaranteed contracts, but at least limiting the number of years of guaranteed money, so that hypothetically a 5 year contract for $100 million only has 3 years and $60 million guaranteed, then a team can either void the remainder of the contract or buyout the remainder at a fraction of the cost when a player doesn't live up to the contract. I know pro athletes are looking for security and in a high flying injury risk sport, they deserve some to a certain extent, but I see no problem with forcing NBA players to actually earn and deserve the money they make just like everybody else in the world does. Looking at the remainder of Gilbert Arenas' contract, no way in hell should he take home what's left on it.

Indazone
11-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Yeah KG, that explanation makes it all better.

You self absorbed jerk.

50 cent
11-03-2010, 05:27 PM
KG is such a sack of shit. If he died tomorrow, I'd probably chuckle a little bit.

AussieFanKurt
11-03-2010, 05:29 PM
lol KG, that nigga craze

Cane
11-03-2010, 05:30 PM
The fact that KG was trash talking to one of the worst teams in the league makes me believe Charlie all the way here. KG trashtalking to one of the worst teams in the league and the "damage control" being done fits his fake toughness image right down to the letter.

AdrianWoj crucified him:

This is about Garnett, as it should’ve been long ago with his bully act. Here’s the thing: There are few more complex characters in the NBA. K.G. is a fantastic teammate, a leader, the hardest-working man in the gymnasium. He cares about winning, cares deeply, and the success his time with the Celtics has brought him has become a precious part of his legacy. He’s so smart, so calculating, that it remains a conundrum why he has always gone to such lengths to be a needlessly vicious bully.

For years, he’s gone after smaller, younger players. He never goes after tough guys. Never. For some reason, he reveled in going out of his way to abuse European players. So many young Euros grew up idolizing him, loved the range of his versatility at 7 feet, only to have images of him shattered with cheap shots and trash talk on the floor. A few days ago, this happened to the Knicks’ Timofey Mozgov(notes). It happens all the time. Pau Gasol(notes). Jose Calderon(notes). The list is long and the act is tired.

So much is said on the floor, but this hits people in a different way. Cancer victim? Villanueva has a condition called alopecia universalis, which results in hair loss. Villanueva’s always taken the time to meet and talk with kids who share the condition, and has listened to their stories of getting teased with those kinds of cutting words. Garnett is too old for this, too smart.

Nevertheless, it’s stained his legacy. This one promises to chase him into retirement. Beyond that of an MVP and an NBA champion, Garnett has gone to inexplicable lengths to craft a parallel legacy: a vicious bully, a cold and cruel jerk.

For all the instances of Garnett’s bullying available on YouTube, those two words – “cancer patient” – will never go away. This is the one that people will remember, the stain that’ll be hardest to wash away. Garnett’s 34 years old, and shamefully a man too smart – too principled in a lot of ways – to act like this. Only, he’s done it for years, and it’s now a bigger part of his legacy than an old Boston Celtics champion will want to believe.

The NBA lost one of its true tough guys this week, a cancer patient named Maurice Lucas. He came out of a different time in the NBA, and never talked like Kevin Garnett. There was never a need. He had to back it up, the way K.G. never has and never will. The true tough guys never have to tell you about it.

More @ http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=As3m_I7wXku_Z1GlVcTlRX28vLYF?slug=aw-garnettvillanueve110310

daslicer
11-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Lol KG is idiot if your going to lie at least make it believable. Just try screaming out loudly the phrase "You are cancerous to your team and this league!" It just sounds funny and retarded at the same time. Obviously its not believable that anybody could get offended by that type of statement.

Ari Gold
11-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Villanueva on KG's statement: "I know EXACTLY what I heard."

this is turning out to be a nice feud

TheMACHINE
11-03-2010, 05:58 PM
lol...KG thinks people actually believe that shit.

no one talks shit in the court like that.

MannyIsGod
11-03-2010, 06:10 PM

Who the fuck does KG think he's going to fool? It only makes you more of an asshole when you can't man up. Jesus christ this dude is a douche bag.

ALVAREZ6
11-03-2010, 06:26 PM
LMAO what a fuckin moron. Complete BS.

"Oh I would never say something THAT distasteful.." Even though we all know what you said pussy boy, don't play pussy to us. He's said things way more distasteful before, what a dumb fuckin piece of shit. Really hard for me not using any racist terms right here, but KG, like a lot of the NBA, are a bunch of scum bag retards. Tall, athletic, retarded men.

Trill Clinton
11-03-2010, 06:32 PM
KG lying his ass off.

Gutter92
11-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Was anybody here in the crowd when it was said, close enough to hear it?

No?

Guilty until proven innocent here I guess...

Koolaid_Man
11-03-2010, 06:53 PM
I think what's lost in all of this is Charlie saying he would fuck KG up and KG not saying shit like the bitch he is...I bet back in the locker room Charlie would be like what's up now nigga ain't no cameras around.... lol

“K.G. called me a cancer patient,” Villanueva tweeted on Wednesday morning. “…K.G. talks a lot of crap. He’s [probably] never been in a fight. I would love to get in a ring with him. I will expose him.”

scampers
11-03-2010, 06:56 PM
I used to think KG was the shit when I was a kid.

I'm kind of embarassed to have ever thought that...

Seriously, his excuse is like some teenager coming up with a bullshit line to his dad so he doesn't get grounded.

san antonio spurs
11-03-2010, 08:28 PM

"Oh I would never say something THAT distasteful.." Even though we all know what you said pussy boy, don't play pussy to us. He's said things way more distasteful before, what a dumb fuckin piece of shit. Really hard for me not using any racist terms right here, but KG, like a lot of the NBA, are a bunch of scum bag retards. Tall, athletic, retarded men.
You retarded fucking racist, what does race have to do with KG being a douche?

Koolaid_Man
11-03-2010, 08:30 PM

Really hard for me not using any racist terms right here, but fuck it. KG, like a lot of the NBA niggas , are a bunch of scum bag retard niggas. Tall, athletic, retarded niggas.

typical of a pussy ass Spur fan...let dat shit out...just like Timmy always afraid to let ya nuts hang...:lol

Gutter92
11-03-2010, 08:33 PM

I'm interested in hearing this as well, tbh.

nkdlunch
11-03-2010, 08:46 PM

he's from argentina, a nazi harboring country. I'm sure he don't know any better...

picc84
11-03-2010, 08:51 PM
I want to know which manager or publicist actually thought anybody would buy this.

Thats more amazing to me than anything thats happened in the nba so far. It should be a "Where amazing happens" commercial. The music should play, and then it should have a middle-aged white guy leaning over KG's shoulder at the computer as he types "I said you are cancerous to your team and our league". Then maybe that picture of him crawling on the floor like a rabid dog. Really push it home.

ElNono
11-03-2010, 08:59 PM
"Dear fans. There has been some rumors on the internet what I uttered some nonsensical words rhyming with panzer to (fill in player name here). Let it be known that my contract with Adidas precludes me from using such vocabulary, and as such, the alleged claim is unequivocally incorrect."

KG.

:lol

z0sa
11-03-2010, 09:00 PM
have we actually heard any audio? do we know when this was said?

Jose Canseco
11-03-2010, 09:02 PM
I don't know. KG might be telling the truth.

ANYYYYYYYTHIIIIIINNNNGGGGGGGGGG IS POSSSSSSIIIIIBBBBBLLLLLLEEEE!!!!!!

/chest pound

nkdlunch
11-03-2010, 09:04 PM
have we actually heard any audio? do we know when this was said?

KG acknowledged saying cancer.

pjjrfan
11-03-2010, 09:07 PM
KG is KG, and he's been doing this for years and getting away with it, I'm no lip readers but I can't begin to count the number of times I have seen him mouth off the Mf word to his opponents, he's talking crap non stop, so now he put his foot in his mouth, I don't know why anyone would make this up.

z0sa
11-03-2010, 09:07 PM
I don't know. KG might be telling the truth.

ANYYYYYYYTHIIIIIINNNNGGGGGGGGGG IS POSSSSSSIIIIIBBBBBLLLLLLEEEE!!!!!!

/chest pound

Everyone's probably right. KG has the capacity to be a total piece of shit, obviously.

I'm just curious now to see who's going to be proven a liar.

lefty
11-03-2010, 09:20 PM
LOL KG is having a shitty game :lmao

nkdlunch
11-03-2010, 09:24 PM

probably no small euros on the floor for him to talk shit and hype himself up

lefty
11-03-2010, 09:26 PM
probably no small euros on the floor for him to talk shit and hype himself up
But Scott Skiles looks like a cance...... , I mean Jennings looks like a starving kid

MavDynasty
11-03-2010, 09:27 PM
tbh, wheres the KG troll?

lefty
11-03-2010, 09:29 PM
ROFL

Bogut shitting on KG :lmao

lefty
11-03-2010, 09:29 PM
KG backing down from Bogut

What a girl

Jose Canseco
11-03-2010, 09:34 PM

genius jinx there lefty

ALVAREZ6
11-03-2010, 10:01 PM

Absolutely nothing :lol

I refrained from using any of that language and that was the point of posting what I did, because initially what I'd want to call KG was along those lines, and knowing it has nothing to do with it, I refrained. It was more about how I'd probably respond in the heat of the moment if I was in Tim's shoes, and if I weren't black like Tim obv.

ALVAREZ6
11-03-2010, 10:06 PM
he's from argentina, a nazi harboring country. I'm sure he don't know any better...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!11111!!!!!!!!!

Nice!!!!!!!:whine:toast

HarlemHeat37
11-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Villanueva has no proof, he's just talking shit and not backing it up, like the cancerous player that he is..

TBH, it's more likely that Villanueva was just being a sore loser, because KG dominated his team, and it was a 20-point, embarrassing loss..frustration from the Pistons season, since they've lost multiple heartbreakers so far the season..

It's also possible that Villanueva misunderstood when KG called him a cancerous player, because Villanueva is an idiot..

Garnett is one of the most unselfish players in NBA history, he always puts his teammates first, he's a great leader, he has never complained..he plays the game the right way..

It's especially ironic that Laker/Kobe fans have been the most vocal people against him..I guess if he raped somebody, snitched on a teammate or shit on his teammates, they would love him..

narmerguy
11-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Villanueva has no proof, he's just talking shit and not backing it up, like the cancerous player that he is..

TBH, it's more likely that Villanueva was just being a sore loser, because KG dominated his team, and it was a 20-point, embarrassing loss..frustration from the Pistons season, since they've lost multiple heartbreakers so far the season..

It's also possible that Villanueva misunderstood when KG called him a cancerous player, because Villanueva is an idiot..

Garnett is one of the most unselfish players in NBA history, he always puts his teammates first, he's a great leader, he has never complained..he plays the game the right way..

It's especially ironic that Laker/Kobe fans have been the most vocal people against him..I guess if he raped somebody, snitched on a teammate or shit on his teammates, they would love him..

...and one of the most notorious trash talkers. Don't try to spin this Harlem, it makes people loose respect for all your other takes.

hater
11-03-2010, 10:44 PM
holy shit they are even talking about this in the Spain tv feed.

they mentioned the incident when Tyles Haborough and another rookie wanted to meet and greet KG in Indiana and KG said "FUCK YOUR ROOKIES GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!"

ALVAREZ6
11-03-2010, 10:51 PM
holy shit they are even talking about this in the Spain tv feed.

they mentioned the incident when Tyles Haborough and another rookie wanted to meet and greet KG in Indiana and KG said "FUCK YOUR ROOKIES GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!"

LMAO what a fuckin crack head

ShoogarBear
11-04-2010, 12:33 AM
let's see...
and nba baller in the heat of the moment:
A) "cancer patient!"

B) "you sir, are a cancer to your team and the league"

Anyyyyyything is possssssssible!!

Brazil
11-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Lol interesting spin doctoring...

Ah who to believe, who to believe...

not sure if serious

The Gemini Method
11-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Funny to see how he reacted when Bogut came after him though...

Venti Quattro
11-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Funny to see how he reacted when Bogut came after him though...

Just a bitch-made pussy running away from people he's supposed to

ohmwrecker
11-04-2010, 12:21 PM

This is either the greatest troll post of all-time, or the dumbest thing I've ever read. I can't decide.
If you actually buy Garnett's explanation of what was said, then you have to be the most gullible fool on the planet. What a lame excuse. "I said he was a cancer to his team . . . yeah, that's it . . . and the league, too!" GTFO!

Villanueva might be an idiot . . . who knows?! Nobody. Why? Because he has never been a problem. Not that I am aware of anyway.

Garnett on the other hand has been a world class jackass his whole career. I'm not saying he isn't a great player, but he is definitely a gigantic asshole.
Teammates first? Great leader? By publicly humiliating them on national TV until they cry?!

I'm not going to go over the myriad of disgusting, juvenile shit that Garnett has pulled because it's all well documented, but how can you defend that shit?

Seriously, dude . . .

ALVAREZ6
11-04-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm not going to go over the myriad of disgusting, juvenile shit that Garnett has pulled because it's all well documented, but how can you defend that shit?

Seriously, dude . . .

:tu

"He has never complained" ...... except when the Durantula comes to town. "I thought we was playin Michael fuckin Jordan out dere"

cornbread
11-04-2010, 01:57 PM
But Scott Skiles looks like a cance...... , I mean Jennings looks like a starving kid

KG knows better than to say a word to Scott Skiles. Any PG who would throw punches with Shaq would break KG in half.

TinTin
11-04-2010, 01:59 PM
Harlem mindfucking people on here as usual

z0sa
11-04-2010, 02:12 PM
So still no audio or anything?

cornbread
11-04-2010, 02:25 PM

You may have a point. This is the same guy who said he and Bosh would be the new Robinson-Duncan.

ohmwrecker
11-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Harlem mindfucking people on here as usual

Uh huh.

jag
11-04-2010, 03:38 PM
I want to know which manager or publicist actually thought anybody would buy this.

Thats more amazing to me than anything thats happened in the nba so far. It should be a "Where amazing happens" commercial. The music should play, and then it should have a middle-aged white guy leaning over KG's shoulder at the computer as he types "I said you are cancerous to your team and our league". Then maybe that picture of him crawling on the floor like a rabid dog. Really push it home.

I'll never forget David Robinson getting into it with KG and pushing him around like a toddler.

HarlemHeat37
11-04-2010, 03:54 PM
You may have a point. This is the same guy who said he and Bosh would be the new Robinson-Duncan.

:lol I actually forgot about that..

It's pretty clear that he's an idiot..

Some good arguments on both sides, questioning the credibility of both parties involved..

Obviously KG will be portrayed as a bad guy though, everybody hates him(decent reasons too, I won't question that), while Villanueva is a completely irrelevant player that has a disease of some kind, so he has the sympathy factor in his favor either way..

lefty
11-04-2010, 03:57 PM
So still no audio or anything?
" I am sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I never meant thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

I too knew someone who died of canceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

True story, because anything is possibleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee "

diego
11-04-2010, 04:45 PM
i don't get the big deal. (yes, several family and friends have died from cancer)
sure, what he said is in bad taste, but why is this so terrible and other forms of trash talk ok? it pisses me off a lot more when players do hard fouls/cheap shots, words are just words.
garnett being a pussy, yeah its amusing to make fun of him but not exactly news. like jamstone said, its just his way. the fact that it has gone on so long, just shows that most players don't know how to shut him up- you either kick his ass with your game or just floor him and eat the suspension. I would respect Villanueva if he just mauled him, but talking to the press is IMO just as low as trash talking.

Pero
11-04-2010, 05:11 PM
but talking to the press is IMO just as low as trash talking.

He didn't talk to the press. :lol

BlackSwordsMan
11-04-2010, 05:16 PM
I forgive him.

Pero
11-04-2010, 05:24 PM
I forgive him.

For issuing a public statement?

SomeCallMeTim
11-04-2010, 06:39 PM
That KG "statement" was like an Onion article come to life.

:lol at the #politicallycorrecttrashtalk all over Twitter right now.

diego
11-04-2010, 09:19 PM
meh, dont use twitter, but its pretty much the same as making a press conference, its a public written statement

HarlemHeat37
11-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Using Twitter to air out your complaints is even worse IMO..

ElNono
11-04-2010, 09:38 PM
From the floor above about Oberto retiring:

KG just tweeted "I knew that nigga had no heart! lol!"

He just retracted he sayd he meant Fab had a lion heart