PDA

View Full Version : What did KG say to Duncan on Mothers Day?

InRareForm
11-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Which one is worse now, villanueva or the line he said to Duncan?

Pero
11-03-2010, 05:19 PM
What did he say?

50 cent
11-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Told Timmy "Happy Mothers Day" shortly after Duncan's mom had died.

spursfan09
11-03-2010, 05:36 PM
I thought Tim's mother died when he was a kid?

AussieFanKurt
11-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Either way he said it when he was aware Tim's mum had died. Fuck KGs a gimp

Kori Ellis
11-03-2010, 05:53 PM
He was fully aware Tim's mom was passed and he said "Happy Mother's Day, Mother F----r."

I'm not sure which one is worse, but I don't doubt that he called Villanueva a cancer patient. KG's explanation is laughable.

Killakobe81
11-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Amen, Kori. Look I was fan of KG's intensity and hustle ...and i love good trash talk, but this crosses the line and so did what he said to Timmy.

daslicer
11-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Amen, Kori. Look I was fan of KG's intensity and hustle ...and i love good trash talk, but this crosses the line and so did what he said to Timmy.

Translation I was a big fan of KG up until '08 when he talked a lot of shit to the Lakers.

JamStone
11-03-2010, 06:04 PM
I hadn't heard that story about what he said to Tim Duncan. But that's far worse than what he said to Charlie. I think people get over-sensitive sometimes.

KG is a scumbag and it was tasteless, but I don't think the "cancer patient" insult was that bad of a comment, especially because I think a lot worse has been said on the court during games between players. And I look at it this way. He didn't tell Charlie, "I hope you have cancer" or "I hope you die" or "cancer patients deserve to die." He said Charlie looks like a cancer patient. Well guess what? He does. Sure it's tasteless, but I would consider the shit he said to Duncan a far more intentionally hurtful and mean thing to say to a person.

I really didn't and don't have a problem with KG's comments. Trash talk can get mean and vicious sometimes. I just think it was stupid for KG to get into trash talking when his team is blowing out an obviously inferior team. That's just stupid.

HeatBurn305
11-03-2010, 06:08 PM
I hadn't heard that story about what he said to Tim Duncan. But that's far worse than what he said to Charlie. I think people get over-sensitive sometimes.

KG is a scumbag and it was tasteless, but I don't think the "cancer patient" insult was that bad of a comment, especially because I think a lot worse has been said on the court during games between players. And I look at it this way. He didn't tell Charlie, "I hope you have cancer" or "I hope you die" or "cancer patients deserve to die." He said Charlie looks like a cancer patient. Well guess what? He does. Sure it's tasteless, but I would consider the shit he said to Duncan a far more intentionally hurtful and mean thing to say to a person.

I really didn't and don't have a problem with KG's comments. Trash talk can get mean and vicious sometimes. I just think it was stupid for KG to get into trash talking when his team is blowing out an obviously inferior team. That's just stupid.

Look at Jammy. Up here on his pedestal. You were cool til you got that Gd award.

If that don't beat it all.

Killakobe81
11-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Translation I was a big fan of KG up until '08 when he talked a lot of shit to the Lakers.

TBH, the only trashtalk that bothered me in 2008 was the Paul pierce im the best player in the world stuff. But even that I understood cuz he beat Lebron and Kobe and his head was swole.

Your assumption here is quite stupid. Minny and the lakers both play in the West and KG has been cursing and talking shit to my team for years ...we even met in the WCF after 0.4 after your spurs were sent packing ...why would 2008 change my opinion?

I had plenty of reasons to hate KG before now, But i never did cuz he used trash talk horry, malone Shaq ..players on HIS level ...cant respect him going after smaller or weaker players ...Plus i didnt know about what he said to Tim. Now I do ...and added to what he said to Charlie I know cant look past his bull shit.

ALVAREZ6
11-03-2010, 06:22 PM
KG's a big bitch if you ask me. I've always been a fan, but fuck him. Wasn't aware of what he said to Duncan on Mother's Day. That's just really fucked up, knowing how strong of bonds boys/men have with their mother. How many things can other guys here think of that are more important and mean more to them than their mother?

Fuck KG, don't be mad Tim is way more accomplished and is going down as the better PF. KG likes to talk and lose in the finals. Tim would rather keep his mouth shut and come out a winner.

Trill Clinton
11-03-2010, 06:35 PM
I wonder what Tim's response was...

Gutter92
11-03-2010, 06:41 PM

Probably a 25/12/2 on 50+% shooting and a victory.

Oh, you meant verbal response? Probably ignored the idiot who wasn't on his level.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
11-03-2010, 07:05 PM
When could Garnett have possibly wished Tim a Happy Mother's Day? He was usually fishing by April. I guess I missed this, or forgot about it. Had to be 1999, the strike delayed the playoffs until May. So, game 1 it was. In 2001 we lost series to Spurs on April 30.

BlackSwordsMan
11-03-2010, 07:09 PM
You know duncan must be one hung motherfucker to not let something like that piss him off. A small penised mav would have attacked KG in an instant.

Gutter92
11-03-2010, 07:12 PM
You know duncan must be one hung motherfucker to not let something like that piss him off. A small penised mav would have attacked KG in an instant.

Tbh KG could have slapped a mav and the mav wouldn't do shit.

crc21209
11-03-2010, 07:34 PM
KG's probably THE dick of the Celtics and the one on that team I could care less about. Ray used to be a little whiny bitch but grew out of it and I've grown to like him more, Pierce is a guy alot of people hate but I like him and respect him for sticking in Boston even when they were a shit team, and Rondo seems like a like-able guy.

daslicer
11-03-2010, 07:50 PM
TBH, the only trashtalk that bothered me in 2008 was the Paul pierce im the best player in the world stuff. But even that I understood cuz he beat Lebron and Kobe and his head was swole.

Your assumption here is quite stupid. Minny and the lakers both play in the West and KG has been cursing and talking shit to my team for years ...we even met in the WCF after 0.4 after your spurs were sent packing ...why would 2008 change my opinion?

I had plenty of reasons to hate KG before now, But i never did cuz he used trash talk horry, malone Shaq ..players on HIS level ...cant respect him going after smaller or weaker players ...Plus i didnt know about what he said to Tim. Now I do ...and added to what he said to Charlie I know cant look past his bull shit.

I remember .4 I don't think that will ever be forgotten I don't need a history lesson about the '04 WCF. Obviously it would have been easier not to hate him back in '04 since the Lakers won that series easily and they also took out KG in '03 in the first round. People usually don't start hating an opposing player until their team starts losing to them. The reason I brought that up because I remember prior to '08 I would always hear from Laker fans about how KG was all class, had better leadership skills then Duncan and also was the better player but didn't have the supporting cast. Then after '08 their opinions about KG were completely reversed that suddenly he was a classless punk. I just thought it was funny how he was once admired by laker nation and at one point of time there was a strong push to acquire him.

Kori Ellis
11-03-2010, 08:49 PM
When could Garnett have possibly wished Tim a Happy Mother's Day? He was usually fishing by April. I guess I missed this, or forgot about it. Had to be 1999, the strike delayed the playoffs until May. So, game 1 it was. In 2001 we lost series to Spurs on April 30.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199905090SAS.html - that was Mother's Day.

TIMMYD!
11-03-2010, 08:59 PM

Oh, you meant verbal response? Probably ignored the idiot who wasn't on his level.

:lol Good guess. 26/12/4 on 56.3%

nkdlunch
11-03-2010, 09:06 PM

I beleive he won a championship that year.

nkdlunch
11-03-2010, 09:11 PM
yup I was right. 1999. here is the scoop I found it....

There were 2 incidents in the 1999 series -- the one that's in duncan228's video occurred pretty late in Game 4 of the series, I think shortly after Anthony Peeler had put a pretty good gash in Mario Elie's head.

There was, though, the more famous incident in Game 1 of that 1999 series in which Garnett got into Tim's face and started doing his talking with his head turning as he talked. Tim's response was just to smile and say nothing, as Mario Elie said after that game:

"Tim is a cool cat. Nothing fazes him," teammate Mario Elie said. "Kevin Garnett got in his face and Tim just smiled and walked away. Tim doesn't brag. He just goes out and does his job."

For the record, that game (Game 1) was on May 9, 1999, which just happened to be Mother's Day, 1999 -- leading to a pretty good supposition that if Garnett was ever going to wish Timmy a Happy Mother's Day, it was that day. (curiously, the T'Wolves were almost always out of the playoffs by Mother's Day in other years and when they were in at that juncture (2004), they were playing the Kings and not the Spurs).

That's the game it supposedly happened. Supposedly, when Duncan was shooting free throws, Garnett said, "Happy Mother's Day, mother fucker."

And, I guess to make the circle complete, there was still another incident in February 2002, which resulted in a double technical and ejections for each. It actually started with after Parker was fouled by Rasho (then a T'Wolf). Parker walked away but bumped Garnett, who then pushed Parker from behind. Duncan interceded with words towards Garnett and the official (I'm almost 100% sure it was Luis Grillo) gave a T to both Duncan and Garnett. There were more words shortly thereafter and each was ejected.

So, there are 3 Duncan/Garnett incidents: one that was just words and went nowhere; another that was the spin-off of a Joe Smith/David Robinson shoving match, with Garnett laying some sissy slap to Duncan's head from behind; and a third that involved Garnett shoving Tony Parker (pattern continues) only to get pissed that Tim Duncan actually came to Parker's defense.

By the way, Duncan's team has won each game in which those confrontations have occurred.

ALVAREZ6
11-03-2010, 10:12 PM

Yeah could be that. Or it also could be the fact that Duncan wins championships, Garnett waxes his pussy.

DJB
11-03-2010, 10:19 PM

:lmao

Man In Black
11-03-2010, 11:27 PM
What is it Artest said? Tim Duncan is pimp.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=2445401

Unpredictable? How about Ron Artest, the NBA's Jesse James to Duncan's Wyatt Earp. The combustible Sacramento King told Dime Magazine this season that he likes the way Duncan plays.

Artest explained: "I remember one time Kevin Garnett was mushing him, and shoving him in the face; and Tim Duncan didn't do anything, he didn't react. He just kicked Kevin Garnett's a--, and won the damn championship. You know what I'm sayin'? That's gangsta. Everybody can show emotion, dunk on somebody, scream and be real cocky; but Tim Duncan is a ... he's a pimp."

Only the creative cloudy thinking of Ron Artest could put "Tim Duncan" and "pimp" in the same sentence -- but that's part of the big guy's marketability deficit. In terms of swagger, he's more plumber than pimp. He's as edgy as a sphere.

ViceCity86
06-12-2012, 04:27 AM
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal05/2012/5/21/12/enhanced-buzz-24446-1337618230-0.jpg

Koolaid_Man
06-12-2012, 05:46 AM
Which one is worse now, villanueva or the line he said to Duncan?

Dude not cool...stop stealing my shit..I'm going to stop giving you guys material if you don't want to cite me as the source for your inspiration...:lol

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199789

Koolaid_Man
06-12-2012, 05:50 AM
He was fully aware Tim's mom was passed and he said "Happy Mother's Day, Mother F----r."

I'm not sure which one is worse, but I don't doubt that he called Villanueva a cancer patient. KG's explanation is laughable.

why don't you stop being intellectually dishonest....you know this had nothing to do with Duncan's mom passing away...this was a clear cut case of KG basically calling Duncan a bitch...basically telling him happy mother day's as a way of inferring that he wears the dress in his house...

don't stoop to regular Spur fan level Kori you're on my intellectual level you should know better :toast

hey thanks for the avatar update sweetie

Koolaid_Man
06-12-2012, 05:54 AM

puhlease KG would kick the living shit outta Duncan....remember KG already bitched slapped Duncan upside his muthafucking head and Duncan didn't do a gotdam thing about it...:lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpvGTNMD3NU

Koolaid_Man
06-12-2012, 05:57 AM
Spur fan should also ask themselves how low would Popovich stoop to win a title..we'll he know he'd sign a rapist...we also know he sign a gun toting thug in toothless jack, he previous signed a homo in Dick Jefferson...now he wants to sign a guy that bitch-slapped Duncan and "allegedly" talked shit about his dead mom.... smh

Garnett On San Antonio's Free Agency Radar

Jun 10, 2012 6:27 PM EDT

http://basketball.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Garnett_Kevin_bos_091129.jpg
The Spurs may consider signing Kevin Garnett this summer, according to a person within the organization.
Garnett will be an unrestricted free agent, as will Tim Duncan.
“Hopefully management can do something to bring [Garnett] back, maybe add some pieces to this team that we need to get over the top,” Paul Pierce told reporters after Boston was eliminated by the Heat on Saturday night. “If not, it’s been a tremendous run.”

Via San Antonio Express-News (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/buckharvey/2012/06/duncan-and-garnett-together-at-last/)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/221478/Garnett_On_San_Antonios_Free_Agency_Radar#ixzz1xZi hUIVT

dbreiden83080
06-12-2012, 10:52 AM

:lol

This..

TampaDude
06-12-2012, 03:06 PM
puhlease KG would kick the living shit outta Duncan....remember KG already bitched slapped Duncan upside his muthafucking head and Duncan didn't do a gotdam thing about it...:lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpvGTNMD3NU

Duncan would just turn Jack loose on KG and make him weep. :lol

Barfunk
06-12-2012, 03:17 PM
KG was giving Timmy props on NBA TV a few months ago on who was the best power foward in the NBA or what interior player others favored i.e. Brand said he liked Luis Scola's game etc etc. Something like that, can't remember exactly what it was lol

DMC
06-12-2012, 05:49 PM
When you shit talk a competitor, you're a competitor yourself. When you shit talk needlessly, you're just a shit talker. KG is a shit talker, nothing more. His false tough guy act never impressed me. Monumental underachiever, crying on television because he chose money over championships, needed three other legit stars to get him to the Finals.

Koolaid_Man
06-12-2012, 05:52 PM
When you shit talk a competitor, you're a competitor yourself. When you shit talk needlessly, you're just a shit talker. KG is a shit talker, nothing more. His false tough guy act never impressed me. Monumental underachiever, crying on television because he chose money over championships, needed three other legit stars to get him to the Finals.

shut the fuck up..he bitched slapped the shit outta Duncan so he backed his talk up...

and last I checked Manu and Tony are all-stars as well...and Bruce Bowen (even though he got torched routinely by Kobe) was the best on ball defender since Rodman..

Go cry me a fucking river please :lol

Koolaid_Man
06-13-2012, 09:03 PM

He do you mind if I call you Keke short for Kori Ellis...I like giving my friends nick names...can I put a lil in front of it and call you Lil Keke...I mean it in a very affectionate way...

If you say no I'm going to call you Keke anyway because I think it's cute.

mavs>spurs
06-13-2012, 09:20 PM
who's up for a post retirement celebrity boxing match lol

rayjayjohnson
06-13-2012, 10:03 PM
:lmao "edgy as a sphere".

lefty
06-13-2012, 10:05 PM
http://slamdumb.com/images/comics/11_8_10.jpg

rayjayjohnson
06-13-2012, 10:07 PM
i love that comic

Spur|n|Austin
06-13-2012, 11:46 PM
So would Duncan ever embrace KG on the team? I know they are just speculations and rumors but they are out there nonetheless.

Duncan2177
06-13-2012, 11:46 PM
Duncan should of shoved his foot up KGs ass. What a piece of shit.