PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion for the political forum

Cant_Be_Faded
11-03-2010, 08:29 PM
There is this really really awesome show based out of DFW on 1190 AM from 4-6 PM weekdays.

It's called the Wall Street Shuffle.

http://thewallstreetshuffle.com/

They have podcasts and blogs.

I been listening for well over a year and it's absolutely remarkable how well the hosts are able to predict the outcomes and ramifications of official's decisions in the economy.

They called for the temporary deflation, they called for tanking bond prices, they called for the surge in commodities (esp. silver, thanks to them I'm making a killing over the past 3 months [relative to the overall market in that time])

But more importantly they tie in politics with the money. They understand politics is based on money and that if you understand the underlying political situations you can judge the economy, the market, and vice versa.

They've opened my eyes to some shit. I recommend reading the blogs or listening to the podcasts if you are into this sort of thing.

boutons_deux
11-03-2010, 08:32 PM
politics and money go together? nah, can't be!

Chamber’s Money Well Spent: 63 Percent of Races Won; 20 Incumbent Democrats Defeated

For months, Think Progress has been chronicling the “U.S.” Chamber of Commerce’s $75 million campaign to put its interests over working- and middle-class families. It uses its substantial war chest to protect companies that outsource, oppose health reform, oppose Wall Street reform, and oppose clean energy. The Chamber will not disclose who is financing this campaign, fearing a public backlash. But we know the results: The 112th Congress will have more members to protect its pro-outsourcing, anti-middle class agenda.

So far, the Chamber’s spending contributed to the defeat of 20 incumbent Democrats. In all, the Chamber spent $31.8 million on ads or independent expenditures in 62 races. Six of those races are too close to call as of this afternoon. Of the remaining 57, the Chamber’s candidate won 36 of them — or 63 percent. The cost of those 36 wins: nearly $17 million.

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/11/03/chamber-effect-elections/

Cant_Be_Faded
11-03-2010, 08:37 PM
yes yes boutons

seriously though give the show a listen especially when they post today's podcast (11/3)

They had this dude from the Fed in the Clinton Era on the show. And these guys aren't like normal "hey you're my guest talk all you want"
Dan Cowfall hates the fed with a passion has his own takes and just lets the Fed guy talk and give his opinions while trying to interject his own takes. The Fed guy shoots it down (no no no, inflation good, everyone really is richer, etc)

But Cowfall comes correct plenty of times, he tears down shit in a way normal people can understand it.

The other host Stewart is the investment guy, he's more short term.

jack sommerset
11-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Will give a listen.

DarrinS
11-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Thanks. I'll check it out.

Wild Cobra
11-03-2010, 09:01 PM
It's shows like that, who understand reality and can predict the future reasonably accurate, that makes many of us conservative.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-03-2010, 09:03 PM
It's shows like that, who understand reality and can predict the future reasonably accurate, that makes many of us conservative.

:lol
I won't admit that I'm a "conservative" per se, but they did make me realize that at heart I've always a classic conservative economic ideology.

Unfortunately it's a dying breed.

Parker2112
11-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Fuck the Fed. And too many still sing its praises around here IMHO.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-04-2010, 12:44 AM
Despite my utter disgust of the Fed the fact remains that the idea of keeping it seperate from the Treasury is a good idea. What we are seeing from the Fed is just the natural greedy outcome of that decision.

But if the money supply decisions were made by the Treasury or Congress we'd be even more fucked and in debt.

Stringer_Bell
11-04-2010, 01:05 AM
:lol
I won't admit that I'm a "conservative" per se, but they did make me realize that at heart I've always a classic conservative economic ideology.

Unfortunately it's a dying breed.

I'd put myself in the same category, but some of the posters here make my dick soft because they refuse to criticize the "conservative" talking heads because they see everyone else trashing them so they assume it's their job to criticize the "liberal" talking heads.

Unfortunately, it's a sick cycle, but nothing new. I'll give this a listen tho, I like money trails. :greedy

SpursNextRomanEmpire
11-04-2010, 01:54 AM
Nice, I'll give it a listen. I want to start learning more about this stuff

RandomGuy
11-04-2010, 11:36 AM
sounds interesting. noted and logged. I'll check it out at some point.

CosmicCowboy
11-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the link!

TeyshaBlue
11-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the linkage. Should make interesting listening on the commute home!