PDA

View Full Version : Anyone purchase League Pass Mobile?

Kent_in_Atlanta
11-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Has anyone purchased NBA League Pass mobile on an iPhone 3?

Thinking about it... but there's no option to try it out first. I don't want to pay $50, and then find out it's constantly buffering or stopping... or generally running like shit. Has anyone used it on an iPhone 3?

Also, it looks like this year, in order to sign up for League Pass broadband... you have to commit to the entire season. You can pay it in 5 installments of about $23 a month. But you can't go month to month and cancel anytime, if I understand correctly. That really, REALLY sucks. That is NOT a policy change to enact in an economy like this. Really sorry move on the part of the NBA.

jestersmash
11-03-2010, 10:24 PM
I'm hesitant because I get such spotty service with AT&T's 3G.

8FOR!3
11-03-2010, 10:29 PM
I'm hesitant because I don't have any money.

Kent_in_Atlanta
11-03-2010, 11:07 PM
I just checked out the reviews within the iphone app store, and it seems that just about every person who has bought League Pass mobile has had nothing but trouble, so I'm going to pass on it. Apparently, they have a lot of bugs to work out with this thing.

YoMamaIsCallin
11-04-2010, 12:54 AM
I just checked out the reviews within the iphone app store, and it seems that just about every person who has bought League Pass mobile has had nothing but trouble, so I'm going to pass on it. Apparently, they have a lot of bugs to work out with this thing.

I downloaded the free app and it sucks. Crashes all the time. And there's no iPad version either. The NBA is so much worse than MLB when it comes to streaming games and mobile apps. MLB really has done it right.

Kent_in_Atlanta
11-04-2010, 07:54 PM
I downloaded the free app and it sucks. Crashes all the time. And there's no iPad version either. The NBA is so much worse than MLB when it comes to streaming games and mobile apps. MLB really has done it right.

I agree. MLB does a good job with it. I also downloaded free app and am not impressed.

Again... I'm pissed that they'll now no longer let you just go month to month on League Pass Broadband and cancel anytime. That really is pretty shitty of them to change that NOW and make people either commit to the whole season, or not order it at all. Not cool of them in this economy.

sananspursfan21
11-04-2010, 08:51 PM
i want to get league pass broadband but i don't know if the price will change much by christmas

lmbebo
11-04-2010, 09:17 PM
i decided to purchase a slingbox to put at my parents house and stream games that way.

falconqb1234
11-04-2010, 09:36 PM
I bought league pass mobile last year at christmas for $20 the quality was fine but i was blacked out for almost all of the games. if you live outside of the blackout zone i say its worth it.