PDA

View Full Version : Redemption

mike20spurs
11-03-2010, 11:09 PM
RJ is freaking ridiculous! 3 threes in a row! he is definitely redeemed in my book! any thoughts? anybody agree?

Mrlunt925
11-03-2010, 11:29 PM
I'll definitely take this type of production from him, but he's still gotta show some consistency with this. 4 games is cool, but check back later in the season to see if he keeps it up.

Man In Black
11-03-2010, 11:31 PM
It'll take more than 4 made 3's but I like the fact that he doesn't look lost. He looks confident, he is fitting in, finding the spots where he can produce and benefit Tres Grande!

ajballer4
11-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Its a 200% turnaround. This is incredible.

Obstructed_View
11-04-2010, 08:55 AM
He's playing great. Love seeing it. He's got about 400 games left on his contract so I'd like to see him play well for a little while longer.

MarCowMar
11-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Pop has transformed him, muhahahhaa!

Bukefal
11-04-2010, 09:10 AM
I still don't want to cheer too early, but he is doing great so far. Glad to see it.

ohmwrecker
11-04-2010, 09:16 AM
I still don't want to cheer too early, but he is doing great so far. Glad to see it.

So, you're not a Spurs fan?

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-04-2010, 09:19 AM
I'm cautiously optimistic but he's looked like a brand new man out there this year. In the weeks leading up to the season the media for every team will inevitably look at every player and wouldn't you know it? Coming into camp every single person in the NBA has been working hard to improve in the off season and is ready to have a great year. So there was plenty of skepticism to go around, even if it did sound like what Pop and RJ were working on was well above and beyond the usual summer routine. Still too soon to say he's turned a corner with the Spurs but he's definitely got his blinker on.

MoSpur
11-04-2010, 09:21 AM
IDK if he is totally redeemed. However, I am very excited about how he's been playing. He looks confident. That was not the case at all last season. I know he's gonna have a slump and drop off during the season. I wanna see how he reacts to that. Does he lose confidence or does he continue to stay confident?

Bukefal
11-04-2010, 09:34 AM
So, you're not a Spurs fan?

?

What I meant is I dont want my hopes to be too high just because he has played 2/3 games pretty good. It's a little early to tell. I don't want to jump and get excited too soon. So far it's great, but let's hope it stays this way and that we see that Jefferson has really changed. Like mospur said: 'totally redeemed'.

the crimson blur
11-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Man...

Never doubt the power of Gregg Popovich. What a coach.

jb4g
11-04-2010, 09:40 AM
He looks 10x more confortable. I thought his post game interview was very interesting, he absolutely gets it now. Understands where he needs to be, where his lanes to the basket are and the spots to settle into for open jumpers. Also remember how hard they worked with him last year about being ready to shoot. Having the knees bent, body coiled, ready to catch and let it fly. Ive been paying attention to that and its night and day compared to last year, getting his 3 point shots off MUCH quicker.

Toast RJ, keep it up man!

ohmwrecker
11-04-2010, 09:45 AM
?

What I meant is I dont want my hopes to be too high just because he has played 2/3 games pretty good. It's a little early to tell. I don't want to jump and get excited too soon. So far it's great, but let's hope it stays this way and that we see that Jefferson has really changed. Like mospur said: 'totally redeemed'.

It's still OK to cheer for your team. You can't see the fundamental difference in RJ's attitude and confidence this year? The mechanics of his shot?

I know it's early, but I don't understand why it's so difficult to be positive and encouraged by what we've seen so far.

Bukefal
11-04-2010, 09:51 AM
It's still OK to cheer for your team. You can't see the fundamental difference in RJ's attitude and confidence this year? The mechanics of his shot?

I know it's early, but I don't understand why it's so difficult to be positive and encouraged by what we've seen so far.

Who is talking about not being able to cheer for your team or not cheering for the spurs? I wasnt talking about that.

Of course I cheer for Jefferson and for him being changed. What I meant was, as I've pointed out above is that I take it with caution. I really hope so, I do, that he has redeemed himself totally. But I think its a bit early to tell. That's why I don't want to jump too high and get excited too soon.

So far he looks great and changed and im glad to see that. I hope he can continue like this and that he is indeed redeemed.

LoneStarState'sPride
11-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Man...

Never doubt the power of Gregg Popovich. What a coach.

ohmwrecker
11-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Who is talking about not being able to cheer for your team or not cheering for the spurs?

I still don't want to cheer too early . . .

Your words, bro. I understand where you are coming from. You are cautious. I just think it's possible to be cautious and optimistic simultaneously.

I'm just trying to break down some of the negative energy around here. RJ has done everything anyone could have asked of him and more. He has worked his ass off to come into this season determined to be a better fit for the team.

I know I come off as a big RJ fan, but I'm really just a Spurs fan and I've known all along that RJ could really help this team if he played to his potential.

YoMamaIsCallin
11-04-2010, 10:38 AM
RJ is taking over the Bruce Bowen role on offense, but he's a much more talented offensive player. His post game comments were right on. He talked about how he was used to being the goto guy, they'd run a play for him, he'd survey the D and decide what to do. He had to completely change and be a shot up shooter or slash to the hoop if they run out on him. Did you notice that his shot is now much more compact?

The only play they run for him now is the down screen for him and he curls to the bucket for an alley oop. They ran that once in the first half and it didn't work.

Nice to see he's not lost any more.

Oh, Gee!!
11-04-2010, 10:51 AM
2011 Champions...RJ Finals MVP!!!!!

Bukefal
11-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Your words, bro. I understand where you are coming from. You are cautious. I just think it's possible to be cautious and optimistic simultaneously.

I'm just trying to break down some of the negative energy around here. RJ has done everything anyone could have asked of him and more. He has worked his ass off to come into this season determined to be a better fit for the team.

I know I come off as a big RJ fan, but I'm really just a Spurs fan and I've known all along that RJ could really help this team if he played to his potential.

Exactly. Who said I wasn't? I am optimistic. From what Ive seen from RJ so far, Im very optimistic and glad to see he changed, but Im still cautious. I just hope he keeps playing like this.

I understand what you are saying. But I don't have any negativity or hate towards RJ or something. I know what he is worth and It was a shame to see It didnt work out last season, but Im glad he worked on himself and that he changed. So far these past couple of games he played very well, allthough Im still cautious, because Its too early to tell if he really redeemed totally.

with "I still don't want to cheer too early " I meant; I dont want to get excited too soon or I dont want to jump too fast. :)