PDA

View Full Version : Can someone decipher this bullshit please?

Gutter92
11-05-2010, 07:41 AM
So I got this assignment from my english teacher, and its something she wrote that got published a while back

http://bonairereporter.com/news/007PDFs/08-17-07.pdf

Ctrl+F "Hawksbill", or go to page 3.

Please, someone decipher that bullshit for me because all I got from that is that "they were here before us, but now we're driving them away" or something to that effect.

Giuseppe, I come to you in my time of need. Please, stand erect and spit forth your knowledge!

Double-Up
11-05-2010, 08:06 AM
lol coming to the Spurstalk NBA forum for help with homework. :lmao

Gutter92
11-05-2010, 08:35 AM
lol coming to the Spurstalk NBA forum for help with homework. :lmao

Lol betting The Machine :lol

Double-Up
11-05-2010, 08:42 AM
We're even now, you win some, lose some playa.

lol 8th grade english...:lol

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
11-05-2010, 08:43 AM
Ok, I hate poetry but I know how to interpret it. I personally think the basis for poetry is silly; the author never comes out and directly says what they are trying to say, they hide their message in catchy prose. This means you get to figure out what it was they were saying. Also, this means you don't have to be 100% accurate guessing their message, all you have to do is show you read their work and what it meant to you. If you miss their point, that's on them, they hid the meaning to begin with. However, poetry has plenty of fans, whatever floats their boat.

Ok, let's break it up by paragraphs.

1) turtles have been on earth as long as life has. They deserve to stay
2) Man pollutes the earth and interferes with the life cycles of other species.
3) Other species eat turtles and enough live to keep the species alive. Man is upsetting the equation.
4) Loving turtles may be nice, but if man helps all 151 hatchlings survive, turtles will flourish. Of course the author doesn't notice having too many turtles will then upset the life cycle of other species. turtles may eat the food of another sea creature causing it to die out, and the chain reaction continues in unexpected an unintended ways.

That should get you at least a B grade, embellish as you see fit. Remember my method, works every time.

Gutter92
11-05-2010, 08:44 AM
We're even now, you win some, lose some playa.

lol 8th grade english...:lol

Thats actually 106 in Cawleege. I has savedezd $400 by doing that insted of 101 and 102