PDA

View Full Version : How the Right will fix this country...

fraga
11-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Who the fuck knows...apparently not even the Right...after being questioned over and over...all they keep saying...is that they will cut spending...stop spending...extend the Bush tax cuts for all...the people have spoken...um alright...but nobody is giving anything up to back up these claims on what they're planning on doing...and can someone explain how extending the Bush tax cuts to the richest 1% is actually going to reduce the deficit...

admiralsnackbar
11-05-2010, 09:41 AM
Who the fuck knows...apparently not even the Right...after being questioned over and over...all they keep saying...is that they will cut spending...stop spending...extend the Bush tax cuts for all...the people have spoken...um alright...but nobody is giving anything up to back up these claims on what they're planning on doing...and can someone explain how extending the Bush tax cuts to the richest 1% is actually going to reduce the deficit...

It works like this, see: instead of spending their money paying taxes, the rich will instead be able to invest in corporations. These corporations will then outsource their labor and manufacturing costs to third-world countries in order to remain competitive, and the US economy will see an influx of grade A jobs in the fields of house-cleaning, fast food preparation, and drug dealing. Simultaneously, the poor will be freed from taxation because they can't pay taxes anyway, leaving the middle class to pick up any incidental costs along the way.

What's that you say? The middle class is vanishing? Hmmm.

DarrinS
11-05-2010, 10:19 AM
:lmao @ these two posts.

fyatuk
11-05-2010, 10:43 AM

As opposed to the minite details the Dems offered in the previous couple of elections? (who can forget the extremely solid, detailed plan of "Change" from the last presidential election)

Having details for a plan before you get into power is rare. And rather pointless since even if they had a detailed plan, they'd have to compromise the hell out of it to get it passed.

admiralsnackbar
11-05-2010, 10:55 AM
So you're advocating "free-ballin'" through the policy-generation process then? If voters only know what their elected representatives intend to do in the most diffuse terms, is that really any better than politicians who fall short of campaign promises? Either way, you don't know what you're getting until you realize it isn't what you wanted.

RandomGuy
11-05-2010, 10:59 AM
:lmao @ these two posts.

Careful Darrin, you might wear out that smiley.

Then you might actually have to post more than a sentence at any one time.

You could bless us with more bad logic (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4668019&postcount=1) ad hominems and strawmen. Wouldn't that be a treat? :sleep

TeyshaBlue
11-05-2010, 11:00 AM
So you're advocating "free-ballin'" through the policy-generation process then? If voters only know what their elected representatives intend to do in the most diffuse terms, is that really any better than politicians who fall short of campaign promises? Either way, you don't know what you're getting until you realize it isn't what you wanted.

I dunno, Admiral. Going commando is somewhat liberating.:lol

admiralsnackbar
11-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Careful Darrin, you might wear out that smiley.

Then you might actually have to post more than a sentence at any one time.

You could bless us with more bad logic (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4668019&postcount=1) ad hominems and strawmen. Wouldn't that be a treat? :sleep

I hear the siren song of youtube playing faintly in the wings.

admiralsnackbar
11-05-2010, 11:03 AM
I dunno, Admiral. Going commando is somewhat liberating.:lol

Whull hell... why didn't you say so? I love's me some liberty!

boutons_deux
11-05-2010, 11:27 AM
The Repugs have absolutely no plans to get the economy moving again, because they don't see any role for the govt, govt is essentially illegitimate, and is to be starved and killed, so the wealthy and corps can continue to enrich and protect themselves while totally fucking up the countryl, while owning the elected legislators, execs, judges.

DarrinS
11-05-2010, 11:38 AM
One need only look at states to see how liberal vs. conservative economic policies work.

And please don't site Calilfornia as example of fiscal conservatism because of AHHHHnold. It's the exact opposite.

MannyIsGod
11-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Please provide us some examples of fiscal conservative states working.

fraga
11-05-2010, 11:46 AM
So it appears to me that the Right is simply a sideline coach to this point...always pointing out what the Coach is doing wrong...always bitching about how they would have done things differently...well guess what Right...you've now been promoted to Asst. Coach...what's the game plan...

johnsmith
11-05-2010, 11:55 AM
You have to elect them first so that they'll tell you.

Ya know, the way that we had to pass the healthcare bill so that we could find out what was in it.

DarrinS
11-05-2010, 12:08 PM
This person did a pretty good analysis

http://contemporaryanalysis.com/2010/08/the-reds-and-blues-of-state-unemployment-and-debt/

Unemployment in Red vs. Blue states

http://contemporaryanalysis.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Blue-Red-7-10-Unempl.png

Per capita debt in Red vs. Blue states

http://contemporaryanalysis.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Blue-Red-09-Debt1.png

Winehole23
11-05-2010, 12:18 PM
That's not analysis. That's a full stop at pointing out correlation with one variable.

Winehole23
11-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Either you're really that dumb, or you think we are. Please pick a lane.

MannyIsGod
11-05-2010, 12:59 PM
I didn't ask you for unemployment in blue or red states. I asked you to provide me examples of fiscally conservative states that are thriving.

boutons_deux
11-05-2010, 01:12 PM
fiscal-conservative Perry's TX is doing great, with an $18B deficit.

ChumpDumper
11-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Dude, we're doing important stuff down here like subsidizing Formula One racing.

Fuck education. Cut that shit.

fyatuk
11-05-2010, 01:39 PM

No, I'm saying is dumb to be complaining they don't have a plan, when no-one has a plan before they take office. A lot of that is because the people drafting the platform don't necessarily have all the information, and part of that is because you don't know how much compromising you are going to have to do.

If someone gave you a detailed 10 point plan to accomplish X and you voted for them, but then they had to compromise on 8/10 points, what was the point of giving you the plan?

I guarantee the Republican plan would be different if they had taken over the Senate as well as the House, probably vastly so. There is no way to get into details on your stated goals without it blowing up in your face.

RandomGuy
11-05-2010, 02:18 PM
This person did a pretty good analysis

http://contemporaryanalysis.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Blue-Red-7-10-Unempl.png

It can't be that good if he thinks the US only has 35 states.

Or didn't you notice that?

RandomGuy
11-05-2010, 02:25 PM
That's not analysis. That's a full stop at pointing out correlation with one variable.

I could do something eerily similar with educational levels that would show very similar graphs.

Financial crisis hit auto and finance sectors.

Astonishingly enough, states with a lot of jobs in those sectors, Michigan in particular, lost out.

The really low states like North and South Dakota and Wyoming are experiencing natural gas booms.

Wild Cobra
11-05-2010, 10:12 PM
It can't be that good if he thinks the US only has 35 states.

Or didn't you notice that?
Love your failure to understand the written facts and jump to conclusions.

These are the States dominated by the same party over the last four presidential elections. In this case, the last 14 years probably.

PublicOption
11-06-2010, 10:36 PM
the GOP will let Wall Street run the economy into the ground, again......and the GOP will want to bail them out, again.

stupid TEA PARTY fools.

Winehole23
11-07-2010, 05:10 AM
The GOP may bail them out again, but I bet you

<something of mutually agreed upon worth> the Dems hold their hands and do it with them. Again.

admiralsnackbar
11-09-2010, 04:59 AM
No, I'm saying is dumb to be complaining they don't have a plan, when no-one has a plan before they take office. A lot of that is because the people drafting the platform don't necessarily have all the information, and part of that is because you don't know how much compromising you are going to have to do.

If someone gave you a detailed 10 point plan to accomplish X and you voted for them, but then they had to compromise on 8/10 points, what was the point of giving you the plan?

I guarantee the Republican plan would be different if they had taken over the Senate as well as the House, probably vastly so. There is no way to get into details on your stated goals without it blowing up in your face.

So... on what basis did you vote for Republicans (presumably)? The promise of fiscal conservatism?

I voted for them on those grounds until I realized they were as clueless and morally bankrupt as Democrats. There just hasn't been leadership in the GOP to defend the the assertion that they would be fiscal conservatives under the right conditions.

boutons_deux
11-09-2010, 06:10 AM
Right here in TX, we'll see how "fiscal conservatism" (aka fuck the poor, the blacks, the browns, the sick, the old, and children) plays out.

After all it's Perry's fiscal conservatism that gave us a $20B deficit, the same horror as Texas-hated California.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/School_districts_brace_for_Legislatures_folly_1069 36843.html

It's absolutely sure that individuals will be screwed, oops! sorry, will be fucked, while corporations continue to be coddled and subsidized.

fyatuk
11-09-2010, 08:27 AM
So... on what basis did you vote for Republicans (presumably)? The promise of fiscal conservatism?

I voted for them on those grounds until I realized they were as clueless and morally bankrupt as Democrats. There just hasn't been leadership in the GOP to defend the the assertion that they would be fiscal conservatives under the right conditions.

I don't vote party, I vote candidate.

This year I didn't vote because I didn't have time to research the candidates. I do normally lean Republican (or Libertarian if the candidate isn't a sexist wackjob like they usually are) at the national level, mostly because I believe a large federal government is grossly inefficient.

admiralsnackbar
11-09-2010, 09:01 AM
I don't vote party, I vote candidate.

This year I didn't vote because I didn't have time to research the candidates. I do normally lean Republican (or Libertarian if the candidate isn't a sexist wackjob like they usually are) at the national level, mostly because I believe a large federal government is grossly inefficient.

Wish more people felt the way you do, man.

And I don't disagree with your last statement, just with the idea that any candidate who has been winnowed up to the Congressional (and up) level is incapable of -- or unwilling to -- make the government smaller. Especially in times of economic moribundity.

It's easy to pick out the candidates who do represent a threat to the status quo because they are roundly mocked in the media on both sides of the ideological fence.