PDA

View Full Version : President of The Club

stretch
11-05-2010, 11:37 AM
the club needs a president

we need to elect someone for this incredibly important responsiblity

if you feel you are one for the job, state your case in this thread, or if you feel someone else would make a good president, state their case.

Gutter92
11-05-2010, 11:39 AM
I would like to run for reasons evidenced in my running for mayor topic

stretch
11-05-2010, 11:40 AM
I would like to run for reasons evidenced in my running for mayor topic

i do not think you are capable of being President because you cannot follow simple instructions such as "state your case in this thread"

Gutter92
11-05-2010, 11:43 AM
i do not think you are capable of being President because you cannot follow simple instructions such as "state your case in this thread"
Fine, I'll run as an independent.

pawe
11-05-2010, 11:46 AM

Unbeavable

stretch
11-05-2010, 11:51 AM

you have already lost

IronMaxipad
11-05-2010, 12:14 PM
My fellow clubbers,

I stand here today humbled by the task before us, grateful for the trust you have bestowed, mindful of the sacrifices borne by our ancestors. I thank President Bush for his service to our club, as well as the generosity and cooperation he has shown throughout this transition.

Forty-four Clubbers have now taken the presidential oath. The words have been spoken during rising tides of prosperity and the still waters of peace. Yet, every so often, the oath is taken amidst gathering clouds and raging storms. At these moments, The Club has carried on not simply because of the skill or vision of those in high office, but because We the People have remained faithful to the ideals of our forebearers, and true to our founding documents.

So it has been. So it must be with this generation of Clubbers.

That we are in the midst of crisis is now well understood. Our nation is at war, against a far-reaching network of violence and hatred. Our economy is badly weakened, a consequence of greed and irresponsibility on the part of some, but also our collective failure to make hard choices and prepare the nation for a new age. Homes have been lost; jobs shed; businesses shuttered. Our health care is too costly; our schools fail too many; and each day brings further evidence that the ways we use energy strengthen our adversaries and threaten our planet.

These are the indicators of crisis, subject to data and statistics. Less measurable but no less profound is a sapping of confidence across our board -- a nagging fear that The Club's decline is inevitable, and that the next generation must lower its sights.

Today I say to you that the challenges we face are real. They are serious and they are many. They will not be met easily or in a short span of time. But know this, Fellow Clubbers: They will be met.

On this day, we gather because we have chosen hope over fear, unity of purpose over conflict and discord.

On this day, we come to proclaim an end to the petty grievances and false promises, the recriminations and worn-out dogmas, that for far too long have strangled our politics.

Our challenges may be new. The instruments with which we meet them may be new. But those values upon which our success depends -- hard work and honesty, courage and fair play, tolerance and curiosity, loyalty and patriotism -- these things are old. These things are true. They have been the quiet force of progress throughout our history. What is demanded then is a return to these truths. What is required of us now is a new era of responsibility -- a recognition, on the part of every Clubber, that we have duties to ourselves, our nation and the world; duties that we do not grudgingly accept but rather seize gladly, firm in the knowledge that there is nothing so satisfying to the spirit, so defining of our character, than giving our all to a difficult task.

This is the price and the promise of citizenship.

This is the source of our confidence -- the knowledge that God calls on us to shape an uncertain destiny.

This is the meaning of our liberty and our creed -- why men and women and children of every race and every faith can join in celebration across this magnificent Mall, and why a man whose father less than 60 years ago might not have been served at a local restaurant can now stand before you to take a most sacred oath.

So let us mark this day with remembrance, of who we are and how far we have traveled. In the year of the Club's birth, in the coldest of months, a small band of patriots huddled by dying campfires on the shores of an icy river. The capital was abandoned. The enemy was advancing. The snow was stained with blood. At a moment when the outcome of our revolution was most in doubt, the father of our nation ordered these words be read to the people:

"Let it be told to the future world ... that in the depth of winter, when nothing but hope and virtue could survive... that the city and the country, alarmed at one common danger, came forth to meet [it]."

Clubbers. In the face of our common dangers, in this winter of our hardship, let us remember these timeless words. With hope and virtue, let us brave once more the icy currents, and endure what storms may come. Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested, we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back, nor did we falter; and with eyes fixed on the horizon and God's grace upon us, we carried forth that great gift of freedom and delivered it safely to future generations.

http://imgur.com/lWAxO.jpg

Dr. Gonzo
11-05-2010, 12:15 PM
I think I am the perfect person to be the President of the Club. I'm an old school, Spurs Talker. My previous alter-ego midgetonadonkey is a legend and I'm badass.

Dex
11-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Can I be El Presidente?

stretch
11-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Can I be El Presidente?

state your reasons why you should to be president

stretch
11-05-2010, 12:36 PM
My fellow clubbers,

I stand here today humbled by the task before us, grateful for the trust you have bestowed, mindful of the sacrifices borne by our ancestors. I thank President Bush for his service to our club, as well as the generosity and cooperation he has shown throughout this transition.

Forty-four Clubbers have now taken the presidential oath. The words have been spoken during rising tides of prosperity and the still waters of peace. Yet, every so often, the oath is taken amidst gathering clouds and raging storms. At these moments, The Club has carried on not simply because of the skill or vision of those in high office, but because We the People have remained faithful to the ideals of our forebearers, and true to our founding documents.

So it has been. So it must be with this generation of Clubbers.

That we are in the midst of crisis is now well understood. Our nation is at war, against a far-reaching network of violence and hatred. Our economy is badly weakened, a consequence of greed and irresponsibility on the part of some, but also our collective failure to make hard choices and prepare the nation for a new age. Homes have been lost; jobs shed; businesses shuttered. Our health care is too costly; our schools fail too many; and each day brings further evidence that the ways we use energy strengthen our adversaries and threaten our planet.

These are the indicators of crisis, subject to data and statistics. Less measurable but no less profound is a sapping of confidence across our board -- a nagging fear that The Club's decline is inevitable, and that the next generation must lower its sights.

Today I say to you that the challenges we face are real. They are serious and they are many. They will not be met easily or in a short span of time. But know this, Fellow Clubbers: They will be met.

On this day, we gather because we have chosen hope over fear, unity of purpose over conflict and discord.

On this day, we come to proclaim an end to the petty grievances and false promises, the recriminations and worn-out dogmas, that for far too long have strangled our politics.

Our challenges may be new. The instruments with which we meet them may be new. But those values upon which our success depends -- hard work and honesty, courage and fair play, tolerance and curiosity, loyalty and patriotism -- these things are old. These things are true. They have been the quiet force of progress throughout our history. What is demanded then is a return to these truths. What is required of us now is a new era of responsibility -- a recognition, on the part of every Clubber, that we have duties to ourselves, our nation and the world; duties that we do not grudgingly accept but rather seize gladly, firm in the knowledge that there is nothing so satisfying to the spirit, so defining of our character, than giving our all to a difficult task.

This is the price and the promise of citizenship.

This is the source of our confidence -- the knowledge that God calls on us to shape an uncertain destiny.

This is the meaning of our liberty and our creed -- why men and women and children of every race and every faith can join in celebration across this magnificent Mall, and why a man whose father less than 60 years ago might not have been served at a local restaurant can now stand before you to take a most sacred oath.

So let us mark this day with remembrance, of who we are and how far we have traveled. In the year of the Club's birth, in the coldest of months, a small band of patriots huddled by dying campfires on the shores of an icy river. The capital was abandoned. The enemy was advancing. The snow was stained with blood. At a moment when the outcome of our revolution was most in doubt, the father of our nation ordered these words be read to the people:

"Let it be told to the future world ... that in the depth of winter, when nothing but hope and virtue could survive... that the city and the country, alarmed at one common danger, came forth to meet [it]."

Clubbers. In the face of our common dangers, in this winter of our hardship, let us remember these timeless words. With hope and virtue, let us brave once more the icy currents, and endure what storms may come. Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested, we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back, nor did we falter; and with eyes fixed on the horizon and God's grace upon us, we carried forth that great gift of freedom and delivered it safely to future generations.

http://imgur.com/lWAxO.jpg

:sleep

how do you plan on improving the Club? thats what we wanna hear, not all that regurgitated bullshit.

PakiDan
11-05-2010, 12:41 PM
I vote for Midge if I can be his Secretary of State!

lil'mo
11-05-2010, 12:50 PM
I'll be President. When do I start?

The Reckoning
11-05-2010, 01:12 PM
if i were president i'd deport gutter back to the troll forum

Gutter92
11-05-2010, 01:14 PM
:lol

not all my posts are troll posts...

the problem is, my troll accounts never got activated so any fun I wanted to have I had to do on here...:depressed

Anyways, how do you deport one from a church? TOUCHE

Dex
11-05-2010, 01:18 PM
state your reasons why you should to be president

I don't want to be President. I want to be El Presidente.

Being El Presidente would be muy bueno. ˇTacos para todos!

DisAsTerBot
B2B so maybe he'll post more...

Gutter92
Also, why is it President...isn't that a bit...idk..unfair? What if I wanted to be The Fuhrer of the club...or the emperor...

stretch
11-05-2010, 01:39 PM

i second that

Sisk
11-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Also, why is it President...isn't that a bit...idk..unfair? What if I wanted to be The Fuhrer of the club...or the emperor...

Good point tbh

The leader should be able to have their self-designated title

ChumpDumper
11-05-2010, 02:10 PM
the club needs a presidentWhy?

stretch
11-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Why?

why not?

ChumpDumper
11-05-2010, 02:42 PM
why not?There is no demonstrated need for one.

stretch
11-05-2010, 02:44 PM
There is no demonstrated need for one.

there most definitely is a demonstrated need for one

ChumpDumper
11-05-2010, 02:45 PM
there most definitely is a demonstrated need for oneWhat is it?

lefty
11-05-2010, 02:48 PM
What is it?
Because Strectch thinks that he will nail Maylin Monroe if he is elected

stretch
11-05-2010, 02:54 PM
What is it?

what could it not be?

stretch
11-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Because Strectch thinks that he will nail Maylin Monroe if he is elected

lefty with the bads

again

for

the

10000000th

fucking time

lefty
11-05-2010, 02:59 PM
lefty with the bads

again

for

the

10000000th

fucking time

The bads?

Really?

Have you seen your own posts? :lmao

stretch
11-05-2010, 03:01 PM
The bads?

Really?

Have you seen your own posts? :lmao

lol generic comeback

:cry "i know you are, what am i?" :cry

lefty
11-05-2010, 03:01 PM
lol generic comeback

:cry "i know you are, what am i?" :cry
:tu

bus driver
11-05-2010, 04:03 PM
i thought kori was the president?
or is she God?

stretch
11-05-2010, 04:08 PM
goddess?

duncan228
11-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Kori is the Princess. :princess

stretch
11-05-2010, 04:16 PM
I nominate myself for president. I have a final solution to all the club's problems and will liquidate all the mud people in here.

sounds like a good candidate :toast

ChumpDumper
11-05-2010, 04:18 PM
what could it not be?Since there is no reason, it could not be anything.

If you don't have a reason, just say so. If you do, say what it is.

Blake
11-05-2010, 04:35 PM
i thought kori was the president?
or is she God?

this is basically a theocracy.

we could all vote for a president just to have him/her struck down and banned by an omnipotent being.

you may as well start another favorite/best/awesomest poster type threads

stretch
11-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Since there is no reason, it could not be anything.

If you don't have a reason, just say so. If you do, say what it is.

But it could be anything.

Reasons are not pertinent information at this point in time. The only thing that matters is that a president is neccesary for this forum.

stretch
11-05-2010, 04:51 PM
this is basically a theocracy.

we could all vote for a president just to have him/her struck down and banned by an omnipotent being.

you may as well start another favorite/best/awesomest poster type threads

bill # 1 will be to remove any religious talk from the club

ChumpDumper
11-05-2010, 05:28 PM
But it could be anything.

Reasons are not pertinent information at this point in time. The only thing that matters is that a president is neccesary for this forum.Why is it necessary?

Harry S. Truman
11-06-2010, 01:49 PM
I nominate myself for president. I have a final solution to all the club's problems and will liquidate all the mud people in here.

Not on my watch...

I would like to nominate myself for President of the Club. I have prior experience leading a country.

Nathan Explosion
11-06-2010, 07:00 PM
I have a belt buckle that says, "Baddest Man in Town."

No need for an election. How much do I get paid?

Darrin
11-06-2010, 08:50 PM
If elected your president I will do nothing differently. I will maintain the standards of our forebearers while guiding us into the future. For this, I want a corner office with a window and an expense account.

My first order of business will be to get rid of these drab colors. It is time for the Club to show its American patriotism, and not look like some cheap version of Darth Vader's suit. The new heading will read: Los émbolos Hablan: El Club.

VOTE FOR ME!

http://www.nba.com/media/history/pistons_logo_19781996_125.gif

La Mont
11-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Bump for the president. mono bros not even legit enough for the house of representatives tbh.

tlongII
11-06-2010, 09:17 PM
I'm not interested.

Cochina
11-07-2010, 12:10 AM
I'm not interested.

Well fuck that shit!!!

I'll bite, there's some shit I'd like to change around here. :lol

BillClinton
11-07-2010, 06:59 AM
Not on my watch...

I would like to nominate myself for President of the Club. I have prior experience leading a country.

But I'm still alive and feel your pain so I'll nominate myself for this great honor.

dallasmavsnfuego214
11-07-2010, 08:58 AM
lakaluva

Blackjack
11-07-2010, 08:16 PM

Vote. I'll allow it. :tu