PDA

View Full Version : Good book just went on clearance

DarrinS
11-05-2010, 01:24 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51mCeVV1qEL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

DarrinS
11-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Here's another

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51K8LoWXEQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

ChumpDumper
11-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Eh, Republicans were planning for a permanent majority a few years ago.

Touchdown dances are stupid, especially on message board posts from work.

CosmicCowboy
11-05-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm certainly not doing end zone dances but with Republicans taking control of a lot of the states previously controlled by Democrats just in time to re-draw congressional districts it certainly doesn't help your cause. If this was a football game Vegas would probably have the Dems as 14 point dogs...With Hillary publicly ruling out runs in 2012 and 2016 ( I know, I know, she can always change her mind) The democrats best shot at the Presidency is gone...

ChumpDumper
11-05-2010, 02:05 PM
We'll see. I sure didn't predict the Democratic sweep of 2006 two years prior.

Winehole23
11-05-2010, 02:11 PM
The center has disintegrated. The result: a deadlock of democracy, with neither party responsible and neither accountable, as we drift toward the falls.

Greece, here we come.
http://www.amconmag.com/blog/2010/11/05/deadlock-of-democracy/

Stringer_Bell
11-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Touchdown dances are stupid, especially on message board posts from work.

True that. Given how fickle, senial, and ignorant the American public is, the Dems will be back in control of Congress by 2016 at least.

The GOP was dead in 2008, and since we need 2 choices the Dems acted like weak bitches to bring about a ressurection for the GOP.

I will LMFAO when nothing changes and no new ideas to help the American people are discussed. We know the GOP gameplan, keep celebrating the GOP "win" because WE, Americans, didn't win jackshit on Tuesday.

SnakeBoy
11-05-2010, 03:33 PM
The center has disintegrated. The result: a deadlock of democracy, with neither party responsible and neither accountable, as we drift toward the falls.

No the center is right where it's always been, in the center. It's the party's that are swinging wildly around. Expect more "change" elections until one of the parties figure's out where the majority of America is.

MannyIsGod
11-05-2010, 03:36 PM
A quick look at the exit polls combined with demographic data shows that the resurrection of the GOP isn't really set in stone at the moment. When your strongholds are 1) older voters and 2) white voters you should be very worried about your future.

Winehole23
11-05-2010, 03:41 PM
No the center is right where it's always been, in the center. It's the party's that are swinging wildly around. Expect more "change" elections until one of the parties figure's out where the majority of America is.Centrist GOPers in Congress have been killed the last two cycles, and Blue Dogs got creamed this time.

The political center is decimated. Both parties are ideologically more extreme than they were four years ago.

SnakeBoy
11-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Centrist GOPers in Congress have been killed the last two cycles, and Blue Dogs got creamed this time.

The political center is decimated. Both parties are ideologically more extreme than they were four years ago.

Well yeah that was sort of the point I was trying to make. The parties are more extreme but the majority of americans are not. Centrists are getting killed not because they are centrists but because they run as centrists and then vote with the extremes of their party.

Winehole23
11-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Centrists are getting killed not because they are centrists but because they run as centrists and then vote with the extremes of their party.Is that what just happened with the Blue Dogs?