PDA

View Full Version : Honest reporting from a Phoenix journalist

Kori Ellis
05-23-2005, 04:26 AM
"I didn't think Shawn had an abundance of energy," D'Antoni said. "I think he was a little tired."

Sorry, that explanation doesn't wash. Not when D'Antoni said in a pregame gathering that Marion "never gets tired."

"Personally, I don't think I had a bad game," Marion said. "I just didn't have a chance to get involved."

Sorry, that one doesn't work either.

Here's the deal: The Suns didn't want a lunchtime date with the Spurs. They didn't want to work so hard so early in the day, so soon after their glowing triumph in Dallas. Aside from Nash, Jim Jackson and a young man craving playing time (Steven Hunter), they were in the mood for a casual day at the office.

That doesn't happen at this stage of the game, a time when loose balls must be treated like loose diamonds, and everything must be taken by force.

"They (the Spurs) understand the game of basketball. They played like champions," Amaré Stoudemire said. "We have to do a much better job in the fourth quarter of locking guys down."

As the visitors left America West Arena like thieves in broad daylight, the Suns had gained great insight from this unscheduled tutoring. They know this one is going to take some serious work, and they promise to rebound.

It's a shame some lessons come only the hard way.

Rest of the article ...

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/0523bickley0523.html

ShoogarBear
05-23-2005, 04:33 AM
He gives props to Nash and ignores Stoudemire?

MI21
05-23-2005, 05:52 AM
I thought that to Shoog.

If 41 points is treating the game like a casual day at the office, I hope some of the Spurs start thinking like that.

johnny00
05-23-2005, 09:50 AM
Great article.
Thanks Kori.