IronMexican
11-06-2010, 06:49 PM
It took me 2 mins to type that out with on screen keyboard

NASpurs
11-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Nice jinx thread bro. :(

Giuseppe
11-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Let us hope that the Rocket fellows can make it unanimous in about 3 1/2 hours.

Muser
11-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Why do you hate on the Spurs Cully?

Giuseppe
11-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Why do you hate on the Spurs Cully?

Familiarity breeds contempt,,,I see a lot of me in your hardiest players///posters=pettiness, stubbornness, vanity, unreasonableness, assholishness. Your bunch though is so blind they can't even recognize it.

Hooks
11-06-2010, 07:28 PM
In a few hours a Rockets fan will finally be able to post in here...

duhoh
11-06-2010, 07:31 PM
you made me feel better about myself.

Clay Davis
11-06-2010, 07:34 PM
Sheeeeeeeit

Reporting in.

Darrin
11-06-2010, 07:40 PM
WE WON!!!

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0212/pg2_ap_rstuckey2_576.jpg
(with this guy benched)

NRHector
11-06-2010, 10:31 PM
bump just for the hell of it

pawe
11-06-2010, 10:46 PM
I lol'd

Giuseppe
11-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Let us hope that the Rocket fellows can make it unanimous in about 3 1/2 hours.

There's 3 1/2 hours I'll never get back.

benefactor
11-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Spurs fan can't really gloat. It took last minute heroics by Manu to beat the Rockets scrubs.

Hooks
11-07-2010, 01:13 AM
Spurs fan can't really gloat. It took last minute heroics by Manu to beat the Rockets scrubs.

Spurs just playing down to their opponents levels...well that's the excuse Lakers fans always say when they almost lose to a scrub team...

phyzik
11-07-2010, 01:49 AM
Cully caught with his pants down again, trying hard to make something of his flaccid self by vicariously living through a true champs enemies.

No doubt at all, Cully has Spurs on his brain 24/7 out of fear. He is gargling the baby batter of Spurs opponents at this point just to get his fix of protien.

Tree of Woe and all that...

Giuseppe
11-07-2010, 02:49 AM
I smell skunk.

Double-Up
11-07-2010, 06:57 AM
I smell skunk.

Then take a bath you old musty fuck.

BUMP
11-07-2010, 07:19 AM
The lack of quality play for the Pistons has put me in a philosophical and reflective mood on what has been effective for the team and what I value from them. It has been difficult to express my dissatisfaction without this criteria, so I will share it here in the hopes you get something out of it.

Detroit Pistons basketball is about contributions from all parties. We, historically, do not land the best players and have them carry us to NBA Championships. Dave Bing and Isiah Thomas are probably the most notable exceptions to this rule, but even when Thomas was here, he won Championships as a part of a team.

Defense is their mainstay because it can be directly affected by effort and team chemistry. The Pistons way is about being effective when nothing is going their way. Teams will take away your favorite spot on the floor or the drive to the rim. This is the way to combat those things. When things are going your way and the defense is on, it leads to a blowout which leads to fresher legs for the next night.

The GM puts the coaches and the players in a position to win and winning is how you become a legend in this town. How hollow would it be to have Ben Wallace as a 4-time Defensive Player of the Year with no NBA Championships or trips to the NBA Finals? We just don't accept that well or Grant Hill would've been the biggest star in this town. A GM is held accountable to put his players, his nucleus, in a position to win. They are expected to be crafty and to find the right mix or they will not be lauded for their genius. Numbers alone do not win anything.

Talent does not trump team chemistry. If you are not going to score in a team concept, if you argue with your coach, you get your ass out of town. The coach has more power than the players. They are respected and if you are not, the egregious offender (Otis Thorpe the most notable example) and possibly the coach (for not commanding respect) will find themselves out of town.

Team play on the offense is a major plus. It's not necessary to become a legend in this town, but it is necessary for me, personally, to respect you. Sharing the basketball is much like defense--it can turn a bad possession into a score. Running is not necessary, but it is a definite plus. It is an attack and makes the defense worth something.

You must be tough to minimize the losing, to shoot the ball when it isn't going in, to take an elbow in the chest and keep after the basketball. We value it and to transcend the rest of our athletes, is it necessary.

To want to spend money, to court us fans, we need you to play this way. It won't matter what you average. It is how much you contribute to winning. That's why John Salley is on every All-Time Pistons roster. Because when he was young, he was the intimidator inside. You played defense into his waiting hands. That's why Rasheed Wallace, who never averaged more than 15 points in a season, is still one of the first names brought up when arguing who's the best big man in Pistons' history. Because he was skilled and made timely plays. He wanted to win.

The lack of quality play for the Pistons has put me in a philosophical and reflective mood on what has been effective for the team and what I value from them. It has been difficult to express my dissatisfaction without this criteria, so I will share it here in the hopes you get something out of it.

Detroit Pistons basketball is about contributions from all parties. We, historically, do not land the best players and have them carry us to NBA Championships. Dave Bing and Isiah Thomas are probably the most notable exceptions to this rule, but even when Thomas was here, he won Championships as a part of a team.

Defense is their mainstay because it can be directly affected by effort and team chemistry. The Pistons way is about being effective when nothing is going their way. Teams will take away your favorite spot on the floor or the drive to the rim. This is the way to combat those things. When things are going your way and the defense is on, it leads to a blowout which leads to fresher legs for the next night.

The GM puts the coaches and the players in a position to win and winning is how you become a legend in this town. How hollow would it be to have Ben Wallace as a 4-time Defensive Player of the Year with no NBA Championships or trips to the NBA Finals? We just don't accept that well or Grant Hill would've been the biggest star in this town. A GM is held accountable to put his players, his nucleus, in a position to win. They are expected to be crafty and to find the right mix or they will not be lauded for their genius. Numbers alone do not win anything.

Talent does not trump team chemistry. If you are not going to score in a team concept, if you argue with your coach, you get your ass out of town. The coach has more power than the players. They are respected and if you are not, the egregious offender (Otis Thorpe the most notable example) and possibly the coach (for not commanding respect) will find themselves out of town.

Team play on the offense is a major plus. It's not necessary to become a legend in this town, but it is necessary for me, personally, to respect you. Sharing the basketball is much like defense--it can turn a bad possession into a score. Running is not necessary, but it is a definite plus. It is an attack and makes the defense worth something.

You must be tough to minimize the losing, to shoot the ball when it isn't going in, to take an elbow in the chest and keep after the basketball. We value it and to transcend the rest of our athletes, is it necessary.

To want to spend money, to court us fans, we need you to play this way. It won't matter what you average. It is how much you contribute to winning. That's why John Salley is on every All-Time Pistons roster. Because when he was young, he was the intimidator inside. You played defense into his waiting hands. That's why Rasheed Wallace, who never averaged more than 15 points in a season, is still one of the first names brought up when arguing who's the best big man in Pistons' history. Because he was skilled and made timely plays. He wanted to win.

AussieFanKurt
11-07-2010, 07:26 AM
Bump, did you write that? How long did it take. Good post

apalisoc_9
11-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Bump, did you write that? How long did it take. Good post

Great Write Bump, I enjoyed reading it.

dallasmavsnfuego214
11-07-2010, 08:59 AM
:lmao

resistanze
11-07-2010, 09:21 AM
Another BUMP classic.

Roddy Beaubois
11-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Then take a bath you old musty fuck.

What are you doing in here?

Dex
11-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Did people around here just learn how to use Copy & Paste or what?

BUMP
11-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Did people around here just learn how to use Copy & Paste or what?

Yeah, dream on little man. I said it before recently, I'll say it again. I go to a board and contribute and end up getting accepted. Then, dumbasses like you try and knock me off my so-called pedestal. I end up getting in fights and just move on, and that's what I am doing here.

I don't care what you think, I don't care what you type in response to this, because I am never coming back to this board.

I owned you pretty badly already when you claimed you started the collusion stuff about this trade. Did I rub it in? Fuck no. Anyone with common sense knows I am right here.

Prune my account, ban me and my IP address, I don't give a rats ass. Let the true fans of this board see how fucking biased you guys are towards anyone that even likes the Lakers. You let this bitterness get in the way of being a great board. I used to think you were, but when the site owner rags on decent people, it's not. The place has ceased to be fun for me. To the friends I made here, sorry it has to end this way, I enjoyed you all and what you had to say.

What's this thread about? It's about the Lakers are now better than the Spurs. We made a good deal and passed you up, that's what it's all about.

I consider you have done me a favor, I encourage all other Laker fans to just pack up and leave this place as well. We know we are the better team now, and we will prove it again this year. Let the Spurs fans dream on in peace, and argue amongst themselves.

Are my feelings hurt? No, I can man up to anything. I came here to see the other point of view on basketball. All I see are children.

IronMexican
11-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Gonna put BUMP on ignore. makes reading on ipod impossible.

BUMP
11-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Sucks that you're gonna miss my usual awesome basketball takes.

(Best on the site IMO)

IronMexican
11-07-2010, 02:22 PM
now to learn about ignore list.

GuerillaBlack
11-07-2010, 09:42 PM
:toast

fevertrees
11-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Congrats to Houston for joining the party!

Kai
11-07-2010, 10:53 PM
sup bitches

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjtWASmLD5nqGZvBTcQYn4cMdkH5u_D vqMVFBJTAuzs3qc_5c&t=1&usg=__97gDDb0legN3i2pb7aXrun9GbhI=